• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I will still generally make even trades unless I have a taunt up or I'm holding onto an AOE clear. You don't want to get punished by your opponet's AOE. AOE clears are at an insane premium in the current arena meta so people pick them at any available opportunity.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Can someone please be my friend so I do this damn "Watch A Friend Win A Game" quest? I've been through 3 random people and they were all bad. The people who I lose to won't accept my requests.

I was playing Druid vs demon zoo and and managed to play rag in turn 3............i still lost, fuck this game.

Rag isn't going to do much on turn 3.

If you are going to go a big minion, lore for cards or boom for ... Boom are your real options. Anything else big is just asking to be taken out straight away leaving you 3 turns of hero power.

Goddamn my ISP and fuck hearthstone arena...cost me multiple losses that should've been wins. I wish there was a bit more leeway with waiting to reconnect. I know d/c's need to count as losses but there's gotta be a better middle ground. So frustrating, especially when you have to pay gold to play Arena..

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
That would be pretty easy to deal with depending on what the lock was holding.

Power overwhelming on a 4-4 from the egg that popped and then shadow flame also killing my shade

Rag isn't going to do much on turn 3.

If you are going to go a big minion, lore for cards or boom for ... Boom are your real options. Anything else big is just asking to be taken out straight away leaving you 3 turns of hero power.

Yeah you are totally right, i went greedy and suffered the price. I also blame my spectators that kinda suggested i rag.....oh well.Also i wonder if rag is even that good in druid.

Can someone please be my friend so I do this damn "Watch A Friend Win A Game" quest? I've been through 3 random people and they were all bad. The people who I lose to won't accept my requests.

If you just lost and sent a friend request, they're probably assuming that you want to curse them for their cheap, bull shit deck. I never accept those friend requests either. If you want people to add you, you need to tell them what server you play on as well as the number that appears after your name.

Yeah you are totally right, i went greedy and suffered the price. I also blame my spectators that kinda suggested i rag.....oh well.Also i wonder if rag is even that good in druid.

Don't get me wrong, if you can play a turn 3 rag, you play a turn 3 rag.

Always chase the dream.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
You should never craft commons. I also would avoid crafting rares, unless there is a specific deck you have in mind and you are just missing one or two rares. But, as a general rule of thumb, you're much better off remaining patient and getting all your commons and rares from packs and then using your dust on epics and legendaries.

I would save up for Dr. Boom. Not only is he a great card that can go in a lot of decks, he is a good investment since you will likely get all your dust back at some point.
Gotcha, thanks for the advice.

I wouldn't bet on Boom getting nerfed though, haha.

Just saw the weirdest mage deck on ladder. Started with an unstable ghoul. Thought it was something they'd put in for anti aggro. Turns out the deck had all the secrets and all of the minios had deathrattles, plus they had Baron Rivendare. So at times they had 3 different secrets on. They'd also play Abomination when they had board control and Rivendare was on board. Enough deathrattle to wipe their whole board.

I lost.

Anustart

Got my first legendary ever from a pack won in arena. Neptulon. Never played shaman. Should I keep it or disenchant and make a mage card?

Power overwhelming on a 4-4 from the egg that popped and then shadow flame also killing my shade

The thing is that 2 innervates and a rag isn't actually a good hand, which took me a while to realize.

If you could've played a shredder on turn 2 and a belcher on turn 5 it would've been way better than spending 4 cards to play rag on turn 3, even though it feels stronger

bjaelke

Got my first legendary ever from a pack won in arena. Neptulon. Never played shaman. Should I keep it or disenchant and make a mage card?

It is by no means a poor legendary - just a bit weird. Sort of makes up for the lack of card draws by adding those murlocs straight to your hand. Give it a try before you make your decision.

Danj

You need to include the number after the # and also which region you are in (NA/EU) otherwise people won't be able to add you.

clav

Keep it. I think it's a decent legendary.

Always picked in Arena.

You will eventually get bored of one class and will want to move on to another.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Much like Warrior always starts with Fiery War Axe, I think it's now time to apply that rule to Paladin and Shielded Minibot. They ALWAYS have that annoying fucker, even in arena.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Was the Heroes of the Storm card back not meant to come with the May season card back this morning? I hit the level but see no sign of it.

So is it because i'm new and haven't built a very impressive deck that these ranked matches feel stupidly one sided? I can have a great game then lose it because of 2 or 3 ridiculous cards that give something with 8 health a shield or a secret that gives the hero 8 damn shield when attacked.

It's felt frustrating because i feel i'm losing cause of those cards and not my strategy.

bjaelke

O5XKLB0310751432945924123.png

So is it because i'm new and haven't built a very impressive deck that these ranked matches feel stupidly one sided? I can have a great game then lose it because of 2 or 3 ridiculous cards that give something with 8 health a shield or a secret that gives the hero 8 damn shield when attacked.

It's felt frustrating because i feel i'm losing cause of those cards and not my strategy.

Ladder system is fucked, especially on day one of a season.

Unless you are talking about Ironbark Protector and Ice Barrier...because those are basic/commons, not anything crazy for new players

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Playing this trash every 3 days in order to do the dailies really reminds me of how stupid I was/am to spend so much money on this game :lol

༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE, NO SKILL HERE! ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽

Tomcat

Playing this trash every 3 days in order to do the dailies really reminds me of how stupid I was/am to spend so much money on this game :lol

༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE, NO SKILL HERE! ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽

lets hope magic origins will save us lol

Strider

First game of the new season opponent coins out Boom on turn 6... Boom bots trade with my Azure Drake and Mechanical Yeti.

rage.gif

Gonna be a long month...

KuroNeeko

Hey all, just looking for a bit of advice on what to spend dust on. I'm a F2P player (outside of the expansion packs) and am currently sitting on about 200 dust. I play Arena about twice a week and spend the rest on 1-3 packs.

I like playing Druid, Priest, Rogue, and Shaman - probably in that order. I want to like Warlock but the hero needs to be more kawaii.

I have Alexstraza, Jarraxxas, and Mukla.

This I'd what I feel like I need to get -

★Normal★
Defender of Argus x 2
Knife Juggler x 2

I feel like I have most of the other good rates except for Sunwalker x 1, though I could maaaaaybe use another Twilight Drake if I start playing Warlock.

☆Druid☆
Ancient of Lore x 1
Ancient of War x 2
Keeper of the Grove x 2

Maybe Force of Nature (low priority.)

★Shaman★
Lightning Storm x 2
Powermace?

Unfortunately, I have very few mechs.Most of my Shaman play is based around Overload, Destroyers, and Unbound Elementals.

☆Priest☆

I feel like I have most of the priest cards I need outside of Voljin / Velen. If I'm going to be greedy then

Lightbomb x 1
Light of the Naaru x 1
Shadow Madness x 1

★Rogue★

I have no Prep. No Oil. Most success I've had is with Dragon Rogue.

Seems like there's currently only one way to play Rogue and Shaman right now (oil / mech). Druid is either ramp or control.

Should I focus on the normal rares first? Maybe get 1 Defender of Argus / Knife Juggler and then hope I draw another?

Or buckle down and save for another AoW / AoL / other unit?

I'm willing to take a break from Arena and just farm classic packs.The legendaries I'm most interested in are Ysera, Sylvanas, Neptulon, and Malorne.

What say you, GAF? Help a F2P scrub out!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If you're a F2P player your dust is at a premium. I wouldn't spend it willy nilly on a rare that you'll probably open in a pack later anyway. Save your dust for epics and legendaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom