• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

NOW
THATS
WHAT
I
CALL
KAWAII

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I just went 12 -2 in arena!

here's the deck:

Hidden there was frost elemental.

the rewards:

It was actually kinda insane how easy it was to rack up wins this zoo deck, i went undefeated until my 10th match because someone in my chat jinxed me....at least that's what i told myself. In hindsight this draft was insane, 2 gang boss, 2 abusive, lots of low mana drops......guess i got a bit lucky :)

Hektor

I think this game could need a title system, like most mmos and fightinggames have.

Every start of a match when both players get introduced it should show the name, the class and the title of the player.
Those titles could be given out as rewards in Arena, for hitting legend, winning a fixed ammount of games in constructed with each class and winning a fixed amount of games in the weekly brawls.

And customisable mana crystals would be cool too.

Haunted

I think this game could need a title system, like most mmos and fightinggames have.

Every start of a match when both players get introduced it should show the name, the class and the title of the player.
Those titles could be given out as rewards in Arena, for hitting legend, winning a fixed ammount of games in constructed with each class and winning a fixed amount of games in the weekly brawls.

And customisable mana crystals would be cool too.
Slayer of Stupid, Incompetent and Disappointing Minions

rickyson1

this game is so rage inducing sometimes

just had a tiger vs empty board going into the opponents turn 5 with a houndmaster and a 2 drop in hand for the next turn

they play a madder bomber and it hits the tiger 5 times then hits me in the face

daemissary

this game is so rage inducing sometimes

just had a tiger vs empty board going into the opponents turn 5 with a houndmaster and a 2 drop in hand for the next turn

they play a madder bomber and it hits the tiger 5 times then hits me in the face

I feel you...earlier today I had 8 life and was playing against a Mage with a 4 power creature and nothing in hand. He drew arcane missiles and it missed both of my creatures and hit my face all 3 times for perfect lethal with ping. 1/27 chance. So mad.

gutshot

Yo, fuck Grim Patron Warrior. This deck is so stupid. Play minions and get punished when he uses them to build a huge Frothing and aims it at your face. Don't play minions and he just sits back and gets to draw all his combo pieces. It's as bad as old Buzzard + Unleash and needs to be nerfed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not nearly as bad as old Buzzard/UTH because it's very math intensive whereas Buzzard/UTH was pure advantage.

It's actually very rare for a Grim Patron Warrior to just lethal you from the hand. They're setting up that shit across the entire game. God forbid you have to keep track of board state and make reads.

Haly

I mean, the fact that various types of Hunter decks survived repeated nerfs targeted against UTH/Buzzard just goes to show that the class offered a solid package which UTH/Buzzard merely pushed over the top.

Guess how many of Patron's cards were from BRD?

Grim Patron and Thaurissan. That is it. Three cards. Everything else is from Naxx and Vanilla. But Enrage Warrior, which is what this really is, has never been close to a competitive deck, despite Enrage being Warrior's other "core mechanic".

So no, it's not even close to UTH/Buzzard.

It would be far, far more accurate to compare it to Miracle Rogue, but Grim Patron actually cares about board state whereas Miracle just chucked stuff at you from its hand.

Dahbomb

I wonder if Mimiron's head will get used in Constructed if it only kills a maximum of 2 of your units (they can make it at random because it's Hearthstone).

BraXzy

I have enough dust to craft one legendary. Currently thinking of going for Grommash Hellscream.. Or maybe Ysera.. Thoughts?

gutshot

I mean, the fact that various types of Hunter decks survived repeated nerfs targeted against UTH/Buzzard just goes to show that the class offered a solid package which UTH/Buzzard merely pushed over the top.

Guess how many of Patron's cards were from BRD?

Grim Patron and Thaurissan. That is it. Three cards. Everything else is from Naxx and Vanilla. But Enrage Warrior, which is what this really is, has never been close to a competitive deck, despite Enrage being Warrior's other "core mechanic".

So no, it's not even close to UTH/Buzzard.

It would be far, far more accurate to compare it to Miracle Rogue, but Grim Patron actually cares about board state whereas Miracle just chucked stuff at you from its hand.

I guess it just reminds me of Buzzard+Unleash in the way in which it punishes you for playing minions. And yeah, its also got elements of Miracle Rogue with the way they can draw and then combo into an OTK.

Whatever, I'm just salty because my Hunter decks keep losing to Warriors. I'm only 15 wins away from golden Hunter and refuse to play any other class on ladder until I get it, but all these Warriors are making getting these last few wins difficult.

Dahbomb

I just meant it reminds me of Buzzard+Unleash in the way in which it punishes you for playing minions. It's also got elements of Miracle Rogue with the way they can draw and combo into an OTK.

Whatever, I'm just salty because my Hunter decks keep losing to Warriors. I'm only 15 wins away from golden Hunter and refuse to play any other class on ladder until I get it, but all these Warriors are making getting these last few wins difficult.
sm-orc.png
Warrior needs nerf.
sm-orc.png

In any case Warriors have good match ups against Hunter.

gutshot

sm-orc.png
Warrior needs nerf.
sm-orc.png

In any case Warriors have good match ups against Hunter.

I know. I would have switched to my Druid deck a while ago if it wasn't for that golden portrait carrot dangling in front of me. Maybe I should just auto-concede versus Warriors to save time...

Dahbomb

I really hope that going forward the "gain effect when it's your only card" thing isn't a major feature for Hunters. It basically just promotes scumbag play and gives the Hunter a comeback mechanic.

I can already imagine a card like this being made for them for extra salt:

4a6aac9f.png

Top dick two of these into top dick Quick Shots for 19 damage.

I really hope that going forward the "gain effect when it's your only card" thing isn't a major feature for Hunters. It basically just promotes scumbag play and gives the Hunter a comeback mechanic.

I can already imagine a card like this being made for them for extra salt:

4a6aac9f.png

Top dick two of these into top dick Quick Shots for 19 damage.

I think it is an okay mechanic. But I think it is clear that hunter with more burst is just a worse game and ought to be avoided for humanity's sake.

But just food for thought, I think the card would be deal 4 damage, or 7 if it is the last card. Dealing more than 3 bonus damage just doesn't make sense in line with cards we've seen in the past. And it would likely be face damage only and not targetting minions. Still, kinda like priests not having many healing spells because their hero power has healing, hunters can't have many damage spells.

They likely already have 1 or 2 more than they should. I've always been a proponent of explosive trap not hitting face and only triggering on minion attacks to face to avoid making it potentially worthless against melee classes.

Also, under your scenario (I guess you meant quick shot first?), just doesn't make sense. You'd quick shot to get 1 of them to deal 8 and then be out of cards. Or you'd use one, then quick shot, to get the second to deal a total of 16. In that sense it is not much better than fireball x2 + frostbolt which deals 15 without any restrictions like the hunter has. Still, hunter doesn't need more burn like this.

Tubie

I'm 6-2 right now in arena.

Only the second time I ever get to 6 wins.

I'm scared, this deck is total shit I have no idea how I made it this far...

Edit: and I lost to a Druid with 4 swipes :(

Ok I actually managed Voltron in Arena again using Foe Reaper from Unstable Portal and Target Dummy, then got him back in my hand with Time Rewinder.

MEGA THR-MEGA THR-MEGA THR-MEGA THRUSTERS ARE GO

I GOT HIM AGAIN

Even if they manage to kill him or stall him, it's really hard to recover from that much damage.

johnsmith

remember me
I've literally never seen someone pull off a voltron transformation.

Playing arena right now is a waste of time. Literally every person I play against has either a gold portrait, or legend card back, and usually both. Perfect decks all around. Really gotta stay away from it until they release the next real expansion.

I actually went 9-3 in arena. Mimirons head requires a lot of mechs to work but as Mage you can get quite a few. I had - 2 Mech yetis, 2 spider tanks, 2 snowchuggers, 1 Target Dummy (actually created Voltron twice, combo'd with frost nova) and got some mechs like Foe Reaper from Unstable Portal.

Probably extremely inconsistent but holy shit no one expects it and I didn't lose a game when he triggered. Okay, if you have Target Dummy a smarter player would expect it but he only costs 0 so I only used him to trigger Voltron. It's great to just throw down the combo and watch the opponent try to figure something out for 50 seconds because he's dead if he can't

I also wish more cards had cool intros like RTC, Voltron and Twisting Nether. Deathwing and Alexstrasza need ones because of their lore roles

Using it a lot also makes me wonder if they will add any other mega variants. The one I can see working best is Mega-Divine Shield (has to be popped twice for damage) which would be insane for a Paladin legendary with taunt and the ultimate fuck hunters card. It would also be cool to see Mega Windfury be able to be made by using the Windfury card or Windspeaker, because you can't. Those two cards might actually see play. The only cards right now that are super buffed versions of normal mechanics are Voltron and Malygos, and Rivendare I guess, who turns all deathrattles into mega deathrattles, if they existed

cHinzo

Lol, had a funny RNG moment in arena. Enemy had 8 HP left and 2 card in his hand, 0 minions on the board. I had 30 HP and decided to push for lethal and dropped all my minions on the board. Then used a Wrath on my Pilot Shredder and it summoned a Doomsayer. T_T

Won the top deck wars with a Tempel Enforcer draw into a Power Word Shield though, before he conceded, but it would have been sucky to lose to a Doomsayer lol. Also gotten a removal with every Thoughtsteal I've used in my arena Priest run. A Polymorph when playing against a mage and a Hex when playing against a Shaman. So lucky, since I didn't get any Shadow Word Pain or Deaths in my draft!

Acinixys

I played five games just now, every single one had my opponent play a turn 6/7 Boom

Get fucked Blizzard

€: make that six

Everyone is like "Whaa Dr Boom is so broken Blizzard pls nerf"

But in reality the issue is Emperor

Hes so potent. Reducing card cost by 1 on the same turn hes fucking played is retarded as shit

It sould be at the start of your turn, so you opponent can at least counter him

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Blizzard are honestly the worst at balance

Shaman has been terrible for AGES, and they think adding stupid shit like Murlock synergy will some how make him better

ViviOggi

Everyone is like "Whaa Dr Boom is so broken Blizzard pls nerf"

But in reality the issue is Emperor

Hes so potent. Reducing card cost by 1 on the same turn hes fucking played is retarded as shit

It sould be at the start of your turn, so you opponent can at least counter him

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Blizzard are honestly the worst at balance

Shaman has been terrible for AGES, and they think adding stupid shit like Murlock synergy will some how make him better

Emperor is fine outside of Freeze Mage tbh

But yeah modern Blizzard's balancing attempts are just depressing

Haunted

I don't think we've had this severe of a case of classes not being viable at all since that period of garbage priest early last year.

Maybe they'll make the next Tavern Brawl Shaman-only, so the class sees at least some play, somewhere.

edit: 7 game losing streak, time to stop for the day before I write more unsavoury things about the RNG in this game

Agraavan

Lol, had a funny RNG moment in arena. Enemy had 8 HP left and 2 card in his hand, 0 minions on the board. I had 30 HP and decided to push for lethal and dropped all my minions on the board. Then used a Wrath on my Pilot Shredder and it summoned a Doomsayer. T_T

Won the top deck wars with a Tempel Enforcer draw into a Power Word Shield though, before he conceded, but it would have been sucky to lose to a Doomsayer lol. Also gotten a removal with every Thoughtsteal I've used in my arena Priest run. A Polymorph when playing against a mage and a Hex when playing against a Shaman. So lucky, since I didn't get any Shadow Word Pain or Deaths in my draft!

That's not luck, that's how Scumbag Priest works, always geting exactly what they need from your deck while you never draw them.

Acinixys

Not drawing into either of your hexes with only 8 cards left is suffering, especially when it would have won you the game

Also, is blade fury bugged?

His weapon only has 3 damage but I take 4? What the hell.
rage.gif

Magnus

After playing extensively again with Mages and Hunters this weekend, I've decided that Secrets are just too powerful. Rather than nerd them, I just think the mechanic should begin to appear in all heroes' card rosters starting with the next expansion. Ditto for weapons.

I'm all for keeping classes distinct on 'flavour' and uniqueness, but Secrets (and to a lesser degree, weapons) are just big game elements that it sucks to see restricted to a few classes.

When there are only so many card types and game mechanics around, leaving two of the big ones exclusive to a few classes sucks.

Or in lieu of all that, develop new card types for the other classes. Pets/familiars that get equipped like minions but perform another function for 2-4 turns. Just an example.

Haly

But secrets were barely worth playing until Mad Scientist appeared?

I agree this game needs more card types but what it doesn't need more of is homogenization because then every deck is jamming 2 Mad Scientists and a Kezan Mystic for tech, Dr. Boom, 2-4 Secrets, 2-3 Weapons, Harrison/Ooze.

Good god, that would get stale extremely fast.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not drawing into either of your hexes with only 8 cards left is suffering, especially when it would have won you the game

Also, is blade fury bugged?

His weapon only has 3 damage but I take 4? What the hell.
rage.gif

Spell power!

That seems stupid. It bases itself off of your weapons damage. Spell Power should not giving damage to that spell

WIn 500 games as Shaman in ranked

PS: It takes forever

Why not? Every other spell gets spell damage bonus, including shadowflame. The only one that does not is betrayal but that is because it does not deal spell damage but forces minions to attack the other (and on hit things like freeze proc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom