• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opiate

The problem with Emperor is that the card will only become more of a problem with time. I honestly believe that the card's effect is quite under-costed, and it has an effect that mostly takes viable combo decks and puts them over the top.

Decks running Emperor need to be reliable without it(since playing Emperor early can not be done reliably), but he is going to continue accelerating combos to unfair turns, and that makes his current form as a 6/5/5 with a guaranteed activation too potent.

I think another way to look at the same phenomenon is to say that many decks which could not possibly be competitive if emperor didn't exist are now competitive, and new decks will spring forward from now on that use him as a lynch pin.

That is why I would rather not nerf emperor: he enables the existence of many decks which otherwise could not feasibly exist. Nerfing something like Warsong Commander or Battle Rage basically only nerfs Patron Warrior and that's it; nerfing Thaurrisan nerfs all sorts of decks, including those that don't exist yet but will with the inclusion of TGT and other expansions.

Magnus

How do you actually view the @PlayHearthstone channel on the Twitch ipad app? It's so obtuse. I can't find it. I only see Hearthstone players' chanels.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Invites sent, check your invitations and join the NeoGAF Hearthstone channel (its the purple bar thingies on the top left side of the chat).

Fersis1234 here
(In honor to Magus1234 btw :3)

Wunder

How do you actually view the @PlayHearthstone channel on the Twitch ipad app? It's so obtuse. I can't find it. I only see Hearthstone players' chanels.

search function of the twitch app is so bad. Its currently offline so you have to search PlayHearthstone and then click over to Channel or something or just wait until its officially online and it should show up just by searching

iirate

I think another way to look at the same phenomenon is to say that many decks which could not possibly be competitive if emperor didn't exist are now competitive, and new decks will spring forward from now on that use him as a lynch pin.

That is why I would rather not nerf emperor: he enables the existence of many decks which otherwise could not feasibly exist. Nerfing something like Warsong Commander or Battle Rage basically only nerfs Patron Warrior and that's it; nerfing Thaurrisan nerfs all sorts of decks, including those that don't exist yet but will with the inclusion of TGT and other expansions.

I like that aspect of the card as well, and that was exactly why I was excited when it was announced, but I'm concerned that it may end up making more decks non-viable than the number that it enables.

Traditionally in Magic(and other card games), combo decks tend to dominate formats when they crop up, which is a big part of why I hope Hearthstone is extra careful with the archetype(Traditionally, they already have been. Pretty much every combo deck that has been popular up to now has seen large nerfs over time). A big part of combo's strength is how little it normally needs to interact with the opponent, and that also can create less interesting matches than more interactive ones.

shira

Overload 5, lofls
misc-dendiFace.PNG
misc-fEEd.png

Xanathus

Been checking man. Nothing shows up. i.e. no pending invitations.

I've definitely sent you an invite.

Also I'm seeing a lot of people asking for invites when they got it during the ATLC tourney. The chat room is the same as that one so you don't need another invite.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
haha overload 5. Still probably a good card? Normally when you flame strike you sacrifice your current turn and you get to clear but your opponent get's initiative. With this you can play minions and clear simultaneously and then use your minions to trade next turn.

And the 6 mana legendary is really cool.

Dahbomb

Bucaneer is really strong for Rogue. Very similar to Autobarber.

That Shaman legendary isn't that good. It's only good as a spell taunt. For aggro it's actually worse than regular taunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom