• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

1458442792-capture.jpg

I haven't seen priests or patron in a while so I'm not playing keeper or equality. This has more consistent draws/damage. one equality helps against priest and patron. They are like the worst match ups, I'm just not bothering with those. Currently rank 3 NA with this.

I've been messing around with this deck and it's been surprisingly effective so far. It also doesn't feel like I'm winning through some cheap exploit or something so that's a positive.

Kawl_USC

I think this card would be much better at something cheaper/smaller body. 6 mana seems too much to set up nice combos. So depends on having board control with minions that have an impact already, so a win more card?

ViviOggi

Looks decent but it's not really what Priest needs, win more cards like this are tough to set up with current lists. Decent statline for the effect though
meanwhile MC is 6/6

Struggle Belcher a shit

I dunno man, if I wanted a copy of something I'd just use Faceless? A 5/5 body for 6 mana is nothing special, and while this card can copy multiple minions, it seems super unlikely that you'll have more than one minion with a desirable effect on the board worth copying.

Dahbomb

another card:

c3bd2380032d6e0d94f68d69d80d0d59.png

Taunt, Deathrattle: summons a 2/2 slime

nerfed sludge belcher.
4/5 worth of stat for two taunts, pretty solid even if it's a nerfed Belcher.

Main issue is that it's 2 attack which makes it a prime target for Cabal.

Also 4 slot is really crowded which could be problematic for it.

Edit: Wait slime doesn't have taunt? Then this card isn't that good.

Portugeezer

Seems considerably weaker than sludge belcher.
A 2/3 for 4 Mana? Belcher was 1 Mana more and +2/+2.
Don't think this will be played much.

This is much more reasonable than Belcher, and people will still run it.

Belcher value was too high with 7 health split among deathrattle minion, which made it very hard to actually deal 7 damage, so it usually ended up soaking more than 7 damage.

Edit: Oh, slime doesn't have taunt? That would change things a lot. More like a nerfed Shredder for sure, somewhat comparable to Defender of Argus in a way too. Either way, it is still a sticky minion.

Apathy

So with the priest legendary, the summoned 1/1 won't be able to act that turn they are summoned I assume. Therefore they can be extremely succeptible to aoe the turn after they get summoned. As such, deathrattles would probably be best to copy, followed by taunts just to get a second line of defence even if it's weak. The thing is, a huge section of deathrattles are being taken out of standard.

Dahbomb

I just saw that Priest Legendary..

Now that's a Legendary. It's a good thing Priest can't cheat their way into playing big minions otherwise we would see some crazy shenanigans with Velens, Malygos and that card.

FeD.nL

So with the priest legendary, the summoned 1/1 won't be able to act that turn they are summoned I assume. Therefore they can be extremely succeptible to aoe the turn after they get summoned. As such, deathrattles would probably be best to copy, followed by taunts just to get a second line of defence even if it's weak. The thing is, a huge section of deathrattles are being taken out of standard.

Yup, gonna be fun in Wild though. 1/1 nerubian eggs that can attack on their own.

Fireblend

Banned

There's also inspire minions synergy on turn 8 :p imagine double Paletress, double Saraad, etc.

End of turn effects will be good as well. Stuff like Ragnaros and Thaurissan, although Priest doesn't really run either.

Pooya

right, the card is like harvest golem with taunt and no mech tag for one more mana.... If you want taunt, there are better options. If you want a death rattle card, there are better option.

Top Bottom