• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Druid is just stupid fun for me. Having some clutch wins and clutch losses, but I find it entertaining.

Priest, Warrior, and Warlock also interest me. The others, eh.

V-Faction

The Forbidden spell cards are really interesting because they resemble a card with a similar effect I made-up as a Shaman legendary:

KnE87M0.png

Mostly spit-balling at the time, in general trying to come up with legendaries that were cheap. And also trying to up the Totem gameplay in Shaman. The effect would also include Hero Power Totems to balance out Totem Golem, Mana Tide, Flametongue, etc. It's a pretty powerful effect, but stays in check due to being a legendary and the board limit of 7 minions, meaning he's most efficiently played at around 6-mana.

Tarazet

Been having a rough patch with Patron today. Lots of Face Hunter and Control Priest low on the ladder rungs. Hunter feels like an almost guaranteed loss because they keep bringing more firepower every turn, and the only good removal I have is my face. Priest is just annoying, even when I win it takes twice as long as a game against Paladin or Mage.

Owzers

"please let this be a patron warrior"

elise monkey deck, my fake handlock test failed. Now it's a priest. Hey, how about not heavy control decks? edit: Oh, it's dragon priest...hmm. That was a close one.

manhack

Nothing better than playing Reno Jackson at 1 health against a secret paladin. I was playing Reno paladin, so I'm quite sure he was not expecting that.

Justice demands retribution, indeed.

Dahbomb

Couldn't we get 2 cards per day and still not see all of them?

I'm greedy.
They drip feed cards and then dump the remaining half a week before release. It was always a bizarre thing to me.

Either release all cards in regular intervals or reveal all of them at one time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Part of the reason is Blizzard likes doing their voting thing, and for that to work they can't show the losers until they show off the entire set.

We are likely about 4 weeks away from seeing the majority of the set. I assume if they showed off the Forbidden Cards this soon, they likely have one or two other new mechanics to show off in blog posts two.

Ketch

Nothing better than playing Reno Jackson at 1 health against a secret paladin. I was playing Reno paladin, so I'm quite sure he was not expecting that.

Justice demands retribution, indeed.

I just got Reno'd by a warrior with only one card left in my deck. But that card was malygos and I did 32 damage from hand. It was a miracle

Tarazet

I just had a game where I did 10 damage from hand in one turn, solely from Axe Flinger procs, for perfect lethal. I should have fraps'd that shit. Axe Flinger, Whirlwind, Whirlwind, Inner Rage, Inner Rage, Taskmaster.

Sande

The cost reduction interaction (read: summoning stone) really ruins this brawl. Too bad because it is one of the more interesting ones.

Isn't it also inconsistent? I'm pretty sure some card cost related effects are based on the actual cost instead of the original.

fertygo

The cost reduction interaction (read: summoning stone) really ruins this brawl. Too bad because it is one of the more interesting ones.

Isn't it also inconsistent? I'm pretty sure some card cost related effects are based on the actual cost instead of the original.
Pretty sure minion came fron the stone based from actual cost

Sande

Pretty sure minion came fron the stone based from actual cost
No, it's the original cost before the reduction to 0. If the stone just barfed out 0 cost garbage it would be fine.

Edit: Or is it just the brawl effect? Kirin Tor Mage + secret summons 0 cost minions for example.

greepoman

Ran across a secret pally today at rank 2 playing MCs, boom, rag, ysera, tirion, belchers, truesilvers and divine favor (wtf half your deck is high cost minions). Blizz see what you have done. Still won...lulz freeze mage.

JSR_Cube

Looking to add a couple more friends to help with the spectate quests when they come up.

Add me: INTVGene#1568

Thanks. I am in North America.

Danj

Will Standard be easier or harder than Wild? Also, how long will the Old Gods preorder be open for, I don't get paid till Thursday, and what's the most cost-efficient way to get it? (e.g. tricks with vouchers etc)

rickyson1

Will Standard be easier or harder than Wild? Also, how long will the Old Gods preorder be open for, I don't get paid till Thursday, and what's the most cost-efficient way to get it? (e.g. tricks with vouchers etc)

until the new expansion comes out so quite a while

somewhere between a month and a month and a half from now still

Slashlen

Will Standard be easier or harder than Wild?

I think that's hard to know. On the one hand, standard is more newbie friendly, which would suggest it's easier. However, standard will probably be harder to keep up with in terms of new cards than wild, so more casual players who don't earn enough to keep building standard decks may just stick to wild. These players are less practiced and probably worse than the average. These players could also wipe out their entire wild collections in an continuous loop of dusting/crafting to keep up, locking them out of wild entirely. It's hard to know which way they go.

And on top of that, you have people like rank 20 farmers who are probably going to try to exploit any difference that does appear and try to follow the bad players.

Ghazi

Just started playing the game, bought Naxx, should my focus right now be experimenting with different classes and building decks? I understand the mechanics well enough, but I'm playing the basic mage deck right now. Once the break is over, I'll probably ask my roommate with some help putting a decent deck together. Right now, the most frustrating thing is not having any of the awesome cards my opponents have. I just lost a match because of a Reno, for example.

Do I need to buy some Gnomes vs Goblins packs before they leave the store for wild, as well?

Eddie Bax

Also, how long will the Old Gods preorder be open for, I don't get paid till Thursday, and what's the most cost-efficient way to get it? (e.g. tricks with vouchers etc)

The cheapest way is usually through Amazon coins, which (if you don't already know) can be used with the version of Hearthstone you download through the Amazon Android app. $50 worth of coins is often $40 (currently $41) and bigger purchases come at a bigger discount.

If you don't have an Android phone, you can use an emulator like Genymotion, which is not particularly difficult to set up.

One caveat: If you go that route, I would hold off on a preorder until closer to launch (perhaps once Blizzard sets out a solid launch date), because Amazon often runs specials around set launches where you get a certain percentage of your spent coins back, so you can buy even more packs.

Tarazet

The cheapest way is usually through Amazon coins, which (if you don't already know) can be used with the version of Hearthstone you download through the Amazon Android app. $50 worth of coins is often $40 (currently $41) and bigger purchases come at a bigger discount.

If you don't have an Android phone, you can use an emulator like Genymotion, which is not particularly difficult to set up.

One caveat: If you go that route, I would hold off on a preorder until closer to launch (perhaps once Blizzard sets out a solid launch date), because Amazon often runs specials around set launches where you get a certain percentage of your spent coins back, so you can buy even more packs.

So let's say I buy 50,000 Amazon coins for $375, that would let me buy 500 packs?

Does it work with the iPhone app?

I've never really understood, what's the point of this?

To get the cardback, and to grind low ranks for golden heroes (they'll get to 18 or so and then concede games until they're back at 20). Some months I barely play at all but I still get to 20 for the cardback.

Eddie Bax

Does it work with the iPhone app?

No, only though the Amazon version of the game, and AFAIK Apple doesn't ever discount the packs through the iOS version (but I don't use iOS, so I stand to be corrected.)

EDIT: One other piece of advice - some states charge sales tax on purchases using Amazon coins. If you're using an emulator outside the U.S., set your state to California, which doesn't.

Levi

Banned
What is your favorite match-up to watch and/or play?

I'm personally a big fan of Control Warrior vs Control Warrior for both watching and playing. Winning that game deep in fatigue feels like I just aced a math test and stole 40 minutes out of someone's life simultaneously.

CoolOff

BMing Secret Paladins with Liadrin is super fun.

"Ah, hello challenger" when they drop triple secret on T4 is what dreams are made of.

ViviOggi

What is your favorite match-up to watch and/or play?

I'm personally a big fan of Control Warrior vs Control Warrior for both watching and playing. Winning that game deep in fatigue feels like I just aced a math test and stole 40 minutes out of someone's life simultaneously.
While I love Elise the card has brought quite the rng injection to the matchup, and the classic CW mirror was so great because it lacked that almost entirely. It's still fun because of all the crazy legendaries but a lot less skill-dependent and in turn less satisfying to win.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I haven't liked control warrior mirrors much since justicar hit. You can get blown out of the match just by not drawing her relatively soon after the opponent.

Mulgrok

This brawl would be ok if it weren't for 95% of opponents playing mage. If they have flamewaker they win, but if not they lose. So much random that can screw you over without even factoring the waker cheese.

The only time an opponent used summoning stone it spawned naga sea witch when they cast the free 6 mana spell. They couldn't play anything else because of the witch, so I won.

This brawl would be ok if it weren't for 95% of opponents playing mage. If they have flamewaker they win, but if not they lose. So much random that can screw you over without even factoring the waker cheese.

The only time an opponent used summoning stone it spawned naga sea witch when they cast the free 6 mana spell. They couldn't play anything else because of the witch, so I won.
i never really have a problem with wakers. warlock is way more fun IMO

R6sseq6.jpg

this deck rules and i win most of my games...only downside is the games can last insanely long, and you have huuuge hands most of the game. but it's some of the most fun i've had playing HS

Not even Justicar Paladin hero power can protect me from bullshit Sylvanas steals.

Avenge procs on my Shredder(1/4 chance) which he then steals(1/4 chance), good fucking shit. He then gets exactly the cards he needs to win with 2hp left.

peakish

Someone beat me with a neat deck, then added me and didn't respond to my compliment on their deck. Instead starts spectating me for my next game.

I played that next game until the end then defriended and kicked them before winning. I feel great in a childish sort of way.

Edit: Gotta say that switching a Knife Juggler to a Garrison Commander feels great for my Priest deck. Got some sick value out of it last game combined with an Auchenai. Just wrecked that shit.

Fireblend

Banned
I hate not being able to play to complete my Warlock domination quest because I have a "The Meek Shall Inherit" quest that is at 28/30 and I want to replace =/

I hate not being able to play to complete my Warlock domination quest because I have a "The Meek Shall Inherit" quest that is at 28/30 and I want to replace =/

play brawl and substitute 1/2 drops with some spells. as long as you make a more defensive/taunt oriented list i think you could make up for the early deficit, double twisting nethers will help you a lot against floods

Cat Party

Paladin already got one. 2 Healing per 1 mana spent, and can target both units and him self.

Oh, I thought that was a Priest card (would have been ridiculous with Auchenai). Thank god Paladin got another insane healing card. It was so easy to kill them before.

Jeeesus

I just started playing ranked and shit and hooooooly shit at the fucking aggro decks.

I ran warrior ( control) and the aggression is kinda too much for me lol. I have to mulligan
better and shit
I'm still at 19 ;_; wtf

Danj

Jeeesus

I just started playing ranked and shit and hooooooly shit at the fucking aggro decks.

I ran warrior ( control) and the aggression is kinda too much for me lol. I have to mulligan
better and shit
I'm still at 19 ;_; wtf

Don't feel bad, I can't get past 15 most months and I've been playing for a year, so you're probably doing pretty well if you just started ranked.

Don't feel bad, I can't get past 15 most months and I've been playing for a year, so you're probably doing pretty well if you just started ranked.
Yeah ! ;_;

I just had to switch to my anyfin paladin deck .... My control is getting shitted on hard ..... So many aggro decks

Tagyhag

I just faced a mage who had every single piece of removal (And got them all in the first 10 turns of course) but wasn't a freeze mage or tempo. I won but the first turns were annoying as hell.

Fireblend

Banned
lol I just played against the same Hunter on TB for 3 games straight. Ended up adding him and chatting during the last one. Conceded the first one due to a horrible hand, won the other 2 thanks to some lucky bs draws.

Pooya

screw face shamans, as soon as I'm about to hit next rank I either get face shaman or control warrior. Playing rogue is just suffering.

i never really have a problem with wakers. warlock is way more fun IMO

R6sseq6.jpg

this deck rules and i win most of my games...only downside is the games can last insanely long, and you have huuuge hands most of the game. but it's some of the most fun i've had playing HS

9pLcHk1.jpg

so difficult to lose with this deck

force/roar/bloodlust combo on mage scum

Top Bottom