• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Ridli

Corrupted infested Tauren is bad. Spending your turn 4 to put a 2/3 on the board is a great way to lose the game, regardless of whatever token pops out when it dies. It doesn't even trade with yeti.

Also, indirect nerf to museum curator.

Dahbomb

What would you want to clone with that card that would be realistic to keep on the board or worthwhile to do at turn 8-10?
Ragnaros, Sylvanas, Malygos, Cairne, Ysera, Paeltress maybe Velen.

I mean obviously this only works if these minion survive a turn. Also there are non Legendaries cards where this would be useful too like Cleric, Knife Juggler, Thalnos etc.

You kinda need more than one good target for this to be amazing. If you clone one target it's hardly better than a Faceless.

ZZMitch

Its sort of cool, but I can't see it being played. You would need to already be in a commanding position to be able to play it.

Also, even if he has crappy stats, I'm not happy that they are printing another card like Sludge Belcher.

The new 4 cost card is much more like Shredder then Belcher since the summoned 2/2 does not have Taunt.

Actually the more than I think about it, the card seems more like a very slightly better Harvest Golem for one more mana.

greepoman

That's if you manage to keep their board SUPER CLEAN AND EMPTY.

There was a tourney match this morning that was the embodiment of everything that is wrong with druid and pally. Druid super dominant early I don't think any class would come back but pally plays Dr 6 into Dr 7 and bam pally in a commanding lead and clears druid board. Then druid looks to be in trouble but just silences taunt and since pally can't completely clear without dropping to 14 druid wins with combo next turn

Zemm

Hearthstone is such a bad game right now, both playing and watching it on twitch is just awful, and we've got another month and a half of this.

That tournament this weekend was just putrid shit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The new 4 cost card is much more like Shredder then Belcher since the summoned 2/2 does not have Taunt.

Actually the more than I think about it, the card seems more like a very slightly better Harvest Golem for one more mana.

Yeah, it really is a 4 mana Harvest Golem. And its not that bad of a value compared to Harvest Golem, for 1 more mana you get taunt, and +2 stats.

suaveric

Didn't Ben from Blizzard explicitly say sound the time of Explorers release that they wanted to keep the time between announcement and releases of expansions short? And then they turn around and have the longest time between the two. How very Blizzard

Tacitus_

Yeah, it really is a 4 mana Harvest Golem. And its not that bad of a value compared to Harvest Golem, for 1 more mana you get taunt, and +2 stats.

+1

Both are 2/3, Golem drops 2/1 and tauren 2/2

Doesn't really seem that useful if the slime doesn't have taunt.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm starting to get worried about getting a good defensive replacement to sludge and healbot. Surely blizzard wants to keep the game slow for C'thun to work, but it's going to be an extremely aggro/combo finisher heavy meta if this is the type of defense we're getting.

This is why I think they'll just nerf the enablers for face heavy decks and rely on board clears to stave off all the non-sticky minions.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, is anyone actually going to dust all their GvG cards when standard hits? To me it seems like a really poor idea.

I may finally go though the effort to dust my non-gold duplicates though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Harvest Golem 2/3 at 3 already started to feel like a struggle, so I'm not liking the 4 drop at all.

Priest legendary is super clunky and win more...not really seeing it. Like Xanathus said, it makes more sense in a zoo style deck which I can't really see from priest.

Ancestor's Call = GvG :(
You can still play Wild. :p

This is why I think they'll just nerf the enablers for face heavy decks and rely on board clears to stave off all the non-sticky minions.
And supposedly Leper Gnome is getting nerfed.

He said taunt and +2 stats. But yeah, I don't see a reason to run this over Tazdingo if the slime doesn't have taunt.
Zoo might want to run this card, but it won't run Sen'jin. I think it's a good card.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So, is anyone actually going to dust all their GvG cards when standard hits? To me it seems like a really poor idea.

Not until wild proves to be far too unbalanced to be fun.

Ideally you'd be able to switch to wild whenever the standard meta gets boring, but if blizzard allows it to become udderly broken, then you might as well dust all the retired cards.

Owzers

my only apprehension is if they cycle cards back into standard from wild, like Loatheb or Reno or something. I might dust the cards that aren't that good though for dust reasons and take the chance they come back.

maybe Dr. Boom comes back to standard after taking a few months off.

inky

This Faeria game Kripp was paid to stream the other day is pretty neat. Borrows a lot of presentation and mechanics bits from Hearthstone and other games but still feels like its own. It's also slower paced (so a bit more boring to watch) but more strategic at first sight.

I'm surprised.

mxgt

Banned
another card:

db26ab56.png

nerfed sludge belcher.

Play this against Priest and lose the game. Pretty awful card.

I like the idea of the Priest legendary, could be great if you can get large minions to stick on the board. Probably too inconsistent

Tacitus_

You can still play Wild. :p

And supposedly Leper Gnome is getting nerfed.

Zoo might want to run this card, but it won't run Sen'jin. I think it's a good card.

I dunno, the taunt and +1 HP on the slime don't seem worth the extra mana to me. Harvest golem already feels bad with 2 attack.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This Faeria game Kripp was paid to stream the other day is pretty neat. Borrows a lot of presentation and mechanics bits from Hearthstone and other games but still feels like its own. It's also slower paced (so a bit more boring to watch) but more strategic at first sight.

I'm surprised.

That Shadowrealm game or whatever seems to borrow a lot too with mana and such.

Really shows how good Blizz has been regarding presentation though.

Play this against Priest and lose the game. Pretty awful card.

I like the idea of the Priest legendary, could be great if you can get large minions to stick on the board. Probably too inconsistent

If a priest could keep big stuff on the board you wouldn't need this legendary.

Only works if they add back a heap of sticky death rattle minions. Given the cards they have shown to date, there is probably a good chance of that. And no doubt they'll be mechs too.

Bring on infected undertaker. Gains +1/+1 for each deathrattle played, gives minions with 3 or less attack charge and draws a card when you play a beast.

Up to lvl 9 on hunter, then I can finally start getting the cards from Naxx / Blackrock.

Hunter, Warlock, Mage, and Priest so far have been my favorite decks to play.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Herald Volzaj or however you spell it has at least one decent advantage over a Faceless Manipulator. You get a new body.

So at minimum you are getting 6/6 stats for a 6 mana (split across 2 bodies) which is pretty good when you already have 1 body already on the board. Getting a 5/5 body for 6 mana is pretty weak so you really rely on getting something good out of the extra 1/1. You have to wonder if they will print some some interesting deathrattles or active abilities on cheap minions this set. Because this won't do anything if your minions have battlecries.

An interesting card. Hard to say if it will be good or not. Could enable some really cool things with the right cards, but might be too expensive to get anything reliably.

I think pretty much everyone agrees the Tauren is a bad card if that slime doesn't have taunt. And based on the wording, I'm going to say it won't. Not a good card.

I really like Herald as a card. You only need one minion on the board and you get 6/6 stats without including any constant effects. It's all across different bodies as well, even if they die to just about anything. The saddest thing is to lose Dark Cultist though.

Makes me wonder if it copies buffs like Faceless though. If that's the case, something like Boar > Sargent > Sargent Herald has some use. However, chances are the most likely scenario is going to be having 2+ minions on the board then playing Herald.

Maximo

Considering how casual I play I might have to to continue playing standard.

squidyj

i'm going to do it. fuck it, if i need to squeak out a win in wild at any point ever I can probably find a standard deck that'll do it.

Permanently A

h00ZlnW.png

so clone your rag, sylvanas etc

I don't think its good enough unless Priest gets a sticky 5 drop. Just copying two vanilla minions isn't enough since no one would play a Boulderfist Ogre in constructed. This needs to copy a minion that has a deathrattle effect or a trigger effect. Even then if you only hit one its not good enough.

Would be much, much better as 7 mana 6/6 for the sylvanas combo.

another card:

db26ab56.png

nerfed sludge belcher.

no thanks, 4/2 divine shield much better

Apathy

If Kel'thuzad lived more then 1 turn you basically won anyway.

I will be shocked if there is ever a deck where Volazj is viable. Unless Blizzard puts out a bunch of 0 and 1 mana cards that are worth playing.

Yeah until we see the rest of the cards I'll hold off final judgement, but I can't really see a viable place to use the card. This does continue the tend of meh priest legendaries though. Would have preferred a card that copied an opponents cards in play.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
At least 6 mana 5-5 isn't the worst for Harald Volazj. Combine it with basically anything with a decent death rattle and it becomes worth it. Like maybe one of those Infested Tourens you find off a curator for a decent single turn late game combo.

I can't imagine it seeing tournament play where every slot is fined tuned to have the best card possible, but it does seem good enough to play in a competitive ladder deck if you want to. Just don't get too greedy with it or center your whole deck around it.

I've been contemplating an Aggro Shadow Priest deck with a lot of cheap minions. It's iffy now, but the new set might make Shadow Priest viable, and that card might help you clone 3-4 low cost minions to dominate the board.

Tagyhag

I know we're still early in the card reveals, but I feel like this has been weak for the most part. I wonder if we're getting just another TGT level of power.

I'd prefer something between tgt and gvg, seeing as all the new cards still have to compete with the classic cards. Most of the classic cards that are good now are going to still be very good.

manhack

The thing is people call cards trash outright and get upset, but what are we going to say when the new Piloted Shredder and Mysterious Challenger cards show up?

My guess is most people won't even realize how broken they are at first sight.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The thing is people call cards trash outright and get upset, but what are we going to say when the new Piloted Shredder and Mysterious Challenger cards show up?

My guess is most people won't even realize how broken they are at first sight.

People are very bad at predicting what will be good. Both Dr. Boom and Mysterious Challenger were thought to be trash before their respective expansions.

Even for LoE, many people underestimated a ton of cards from it. Reno, Elise, Anyfin were all thought to be gimmicky cards that wouldn't be competitively viable. People also thought Keeper of Uldaman was trash.

Top Bottom