• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

I am more pissed that it is a 2 attack minion. Blizzard loves giving Priests shit to steal from me.

I hope cabal is nerfed. I just can't see myself running a 4-6 cost minion that can be stolen by cabal, even though I want to. It's back breaking enough to see your 2-3 drop get stolen by cabal, let alone something of comparative or higher value than cabal itself.

Apathy

I hope cabal is nerfed. I just can't see myself running a 4-6 cost minion that can be stolen by cabal, even though I want to. It's back breaking enough to see your 2-3 drop get stolen by cabal, let alone something of comparative or higher value than cabal itself.

It's already a 6 mana card that can only steal a 2 or less attack minion, how much of a nerf could you possible want? want to make it 7 mana? want to only steal 1 attack minions? come on.

Pooya

using that priest card with expensive cards just seem way too ambitious...

A more practical use of it is to put tons of stats on board if there is a new card that does what wailing soul does.

You could play it in dragon priest for example, or in a new control priest where silencing your corrupted healbot could make sense and similar.

sibarraz

Banned
In the top of my head

-Ragnaros
-Malganis
-Ysera
-Sylvanas
-Kodo Rider
-Prophet Velen

Again, most of these depend in the upcoming nerfs more than anything, the thing that makes this card worthy is that isn't really expensive so you can set up some combos with it

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Not that it would ever happen because it's way too much work, but this card would actually be incredible if the 1/1 versions summoned actually had little alternate baby art like Tirion Fordring in a diaper or whatever.

What would you want to clone with that card that would be realistic to keep on the board or worthwhile to do at turn 8-10?

I think you'd have to copy at least 2 minions to make it worth playing over faceless. Sylvanas, ysera, ragnaros, or other deathrattles + end of turn effects.

It's already a 6 mana card that can only steal a 2 or less attack minion, how much of a nerf could you possible want? want to make it 7 mana? want to only steal 1 attack minions? come on.

They could do a lot of different things with the card other than a straight stat nerf. They could make it work just like shadow madness, for example. They could make it destroy the minion rather than gain control.

You understand cabal stops a significant portion of existing and potential cards being playable right? Even this new tauren card is dubious at best, it might be good enough to be played. First thing I thought of is cabal stealing it and having massive value.

Apathy

In the top of my head

-Ragnaros
-Malganis
-Ysera
-Sylvanas
-Kodo Rider
-Prophet Velen

Again, most of these depend in the upcoming nerfs more than anything, the thing that makes this card worthy is that isn't really expensive so you can set up some combos with it

It's going to be a weird turn of events to get a malganis and then get another one as a 1/1 as a priest

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah I'm having issue imagining a game where you have Ragnaros and Ysera on the board, one of which survived one turn and the other two turns, and haven't already won.

Ladekabel

I think I got the deck for the Priest legendary: Zoo Priest!

Combo with Sea Giant and Reliquary Seeker (which you stole because that's what Priests do!)!

Apathy

Yeah I'm having issue imagining a game where you have Ragnaros and Ysera on the board, one of which survived one turn and the other two turns, and haven't already won.

Yeah it's really rare for a big minion like that to survive a turn or two (or in that case 3) without your opponent being able to get rid of them unless you're ridiculously far ahead

The most likely targets for it would be stuff like Sylvanas and Cairne.

Basically minions with powerful effects that people are reluctant to remove/trade in to.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The way this makes the most sense to me is in Wild if you flood the board with sticky deathrattles and get a bunch of 1/1 Shredders, Belchers, Haunted Creepers, or maybe Dark Cultists.

Apathy

That priest legendary, wonder if it copies the minion as a 1/1 as it is or as it was originally. I asked because in a situation where say you have a sylvanas, but it got silenced, and on your turn you play the legendary, does it give you a sylvanas with a deathrattle or just one that is silenced as a 1/1?

Xanathus

The thing about Herald is that in order to actually get the benefit from Herald you need to be running a minion-based deck with many low cost minions like Zoo. Herald would actually be a really good card in pre-nerf Undertaker Deathrattle Priest, but not only is that gone but most of the good deathrattle cards are also gone in Standard. In order for Herald to be playable in a Priest deck, Priest needs cards that enable it to play like Zoo but it's not there. Aiming to play this card AFTER playing down a minion like Sylvanas, Ragnaros or Ysera is wishful thinking.

Catvoca

Banned
Yeah it's really rare for a big minion like that to survive a turn or two (or in that case 3) without your opponent being able to get rid of them unless you're ridiculously far ahead

Yeah, the card reminds me of Kel'thuzad in that it'll be great when you're already winning by a bunch and don't actually need it.

I am more pissed that it is a 2 attack minion. Blizzard loves giving Priests shit to steal from me.

Yes. Hate Cabal Priest so much. I hate 50% of Priest cards. Class is consistently not interactive. Worse than Freeze Mage.

What would you want to clone with that card that would be realistic to keep on the board or worthwhile to do at turn 8-10?
Inspire cards?

Ladekabel

I'm in the excat opposite corner! Give me more stuff to steal shit from my opponents, Blizzard!

7 Mana 2/3
Cabaler Shadow Priest
Battlecry: Take control of an enemy minion that has 5 or more attack

Make it broken like hell!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
another card:

db26ab56.png

nerfed sludge belcher.

I'm starting to get worried about getting a good defensive replacement to sludge and healbot. Surely blizzard wants to keep the game slow for C'thun to work, but it's going to be an extremely aggro/combo finisher heavy meta if this is the type of defense we're getting.

I'm starting to get worried about getting a good defensive replacement to sludge and healbot. Surely blizzard wants to keep the game slow for C'thun to work, but it's going to be an extremely aggro/combo finisher heavy meta if this is the type of defense we're getting.
A lot of good offensive sticky minions are leaving, too. Clears will be more effective without Haunted Creeper, Piloted Shredder, Deathlord, Nerubian Egg, etc.

I'm in the excat opposite corner! Give me more stuff to steal shit from my opponents, Blizzard!

7 Mana 2/3
Cabaler Shadow Priest
Battlecry: Take control of an enemy minion that has 5 or more attack

Make it broken like hell!
I think I would swap to Malygos decks just out of spite.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Infested Tauren isn't particularly exciting, it's just a slightly better Harvest Golem and I don't think it's worth the extra 1 mana.

Herald Volazj just seems really clunky.

The more I think about cool decks like Patron leaving Standard, the less interested I am in Standard.

3 mana 4/2
Cabal Game Priest
Battlecry: Take control of an enemy dragon
That's why you pull Malygos out through Ancestor's call, so you still have 6 mana to burn with. Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Crackle, Crackle, is 32 damage minimum.

Owzers

i'm not liking the tentacle art, especially on the priest legendary. One large tentacle arm in the foreground and then some kinda head looking thing up top.

Ladekabel

The more I think about cool decks like Patron leaving Standard, the less interested I am in Standard.

That's why you pull Malygos out through Ancestor's call, so you still have 6 mana to burn with. Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Crackle, Crackle, is 32 damage minimum.

Crackle won't help you in Standard.

ViviOggi

I'm digging the Old Gods trailer, good opportunity to spam WutFace too. TGT's was kind of annoying

Patron left a long time ago

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
h00ZlnW.png

so clone your rag, sylvanas etc

Its sort of cool, but I can't see it being played. You would need to already be in a commanding position to be able to play it.

Also, even if he has crappy stats, I'm not happy that they are printing another card like Sludge Belcher.

Top Bottom