• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

heh all you plebs trying to downplay the GOAT

Card_Back_Legend.gif

Legend card back is great, no denying, but tespa edges it out in aesthetic.

gold is just a little too much.

Dahbomb

Heroic LoE is the best.

cardback_37.gif

Oh man Kripp might be on to something with Ivory Knight in Anyfin Paladin. If you get a third Anyfin that's a 10 heal and basically another OTK that can kill even Control Warriors.

patchday

just saw on reddit some guy claiming Ivory knight op and running anyfin. havent seen anyone play it yet at my rank thank goodness.

manhack

Heroic LoE is the best.

cardback_37.gif

Oh man Kripp might be on to something with Ivory Knight in Anyfin Paladin. If you get a third Anyfin that's a 10 heal and basically another OTK that can kill even Control Warriors.

He's playing the same deck I've been playing since last week. (and talking up here btw) I originally went with Yogg as a substitute for lightlord in the standard variations of N'zoth Anyfin Paladin that some streamers were playing. The Ivory Knight was the missing piece in the puzzle.

His is only different by 1 card (Ragnaros Ligthlord). I was laughing my ass off watching him make it while realizing it was the same deck.

I love it by the way.

zoukka

heh Kripp didn't invent that, 2 Ivories were slammed to Anyfin pally the moment the adventure hit.

manhack

Oh I thought your deck was just a standard Control Paladin deck.

The funny thing is there are tons of experiments with control paladins going on right now. I really think Control Paladin may end up as a solid Tier 2 deck before all is said and done.

KuroNeeko

My favorite card back is probably Hallow's End from Oct. 2004. I was taking a break at the time so I missed it. ; . ;

Card_Back_Hallows_End.gif

Shadowmoon Valley, Tinfin Beach, and Pirates! are also pretty good.

psyfi

Banned
Ranked is going pretty good for me so far. I went from 25 to 20 mostly just using druid. I feel like I have the beginner strategy down pretty well. Should I expect to plateau till I get better cards?

Tacitus_

Ranked is going pretty good for me so far. I went from 25 to 20 mostly just using druid. I feel like I have the beginner strategy down pretty well. Should I expect to plateau till I get better cards?

Depends. There are cheap decks to play if you want to rank high, but it could get boring.

fertygo

So this druid

at fatigue

I'm at 28 hp

Yogg OTK'd me

mannnnnnnnnn

I can't even mad, I still can't believe it, that shit so cray

You can get pretty far with very few cards, you only have to have enough skill and time to do it. In my personal opinion, biggest "walls" in ranked are at 20, 15 and 5.

What new cards really help with is opening up new decks and play styles for you. It's relatively easy to make one cheap & effective deck, but many decks and class archetypes require expensive cards. They are not always better at climbing the ranked, but they offer vastly different experiences.

Some decks are better than others but the biggest drawback of having few cards is the fact that it "locks" you into the few ultra-efficient decks that you have to play if you want to rank.

danowat

Banned
You can get pretty far with very few, you only have to have enough skill and time to do it. In my personal opinion, biggest "walls" in ranked are at 20, 15 and 5.

I found it quite easy to get to 20, but I really struggled to get past 19, I am now at the wall again trying to get to 15, it's really rough going, might be another year for I hit it, if at all!!!

I have got a fairly decent deck, I am just not a very good player, that combined with the RNG means the game can really kick my arse at times.

But I still enjoy playing it.

vall03

Playing around with Summoning Stone and Firelands Portal is really fun. Can't wait to add Medivh on my Mage deck for all the random summon shenanigans. The deck has an atrocious win rate though.

Pooya

As far aesthetics go, Medivh card back is the best.

Skill wise I guess it's something like golden celeb > tespa > powecore > legend

Single player heroic BRM > Heroic Naxx > Heroic LoE. BRM heroic is HARD even with cheese tactics (that no longer work btw).

Dart

'Exodar' continues to be my favorite since launch, back in Sept

Also I'm glad wing 2 coming out later this week includes Priest's card Onyx Bishop. Really looking forward to crafting up decks around this card. Should be interesting... have high hopes for this one.

I'm going to pretend that purify does not exist -_-

Asbel

Not quite sure, was popular on the asian server a while ago. Here is the list:

I called it zoo because you control board at first with tempo plays then you have to know when to switch to face. You gotta anticipate your opponents cards otherwise you get stomped. There's a lot of cards that give you more cards so you don't run out of steam.
Yeah, I keep running out of cards in tempo rogue. Enjoy the deck though. What other fun decks do you play?

CoolOff

I have 8/9 classes golden now, only Paladin left. Shame all Paladin decks are boring as all hell.

I've tried N'Zoth, Anyfin, Bubble-zoo, Secret, and they all bore me. I need the new Dragon-synergy card to be released so I can try Dragon Pally only to reject it as well.

I want something like Renounce-lock, or a Thief Rogue. Pally is so vanilla. :(

bjaelke

I've been running this deck since the first wing came out. Almost impossible to lose if you find a third copy of Anyfin.

Zy6yV9p.png

As far aesthetics go, Medivh card back is the best.

Skill wise I guess it's something like golden celeb > tespa > powecore > legend

Single player heroic BRM > Heroic Naxx > Heroic LoE. BRM heroic is HARD even with cheese tactics (that no longer work btw).
TeSPA cannot be acquired through competition. You get it through association with Texas Esports Association or by purchasing it on Ebay (~$200).

DSmalls84

I've been running this deck since the first wing came out. Almost impossible to lose if you find a third copy of Anyfin.

Zy6yV9p.png

TeSPA cannot be acquired through competition. You get it through association with Texas Esports Association or by purchasing it on Ebay (~$200).

Might have to try a variation of this deck. I crafted a Lightlord a few weeks ago and so far it has felt like a waste of dust in the recent Meta.

bjaelke

Might have to try a variation of this deck. I crafted a Lightlord a few weeks ago and so far it has felt like a waste of dust in the recent Meta.
It is as consistent as it is bland. Most interesting Paladin deck I've tried so far, but like CoolOff I find that the class is a bit underwhelming.

greepoman

I've tried N'Zoth, Anyfin, Bubble-zoo, Secret, and they all bore me. I need the new Dragon-synergy card to be released so I can try Dragon Pally only to reject it as well.

Once upon a time there was an OTK pally. Leeroy+faceless + a combination of might,abusive Sgt,seal with a emperor discount. Could sub those for the murloc cards in anyfin deck. Not as consistent as anyfin (requires so many cards in hand) but I can guarantee no one will see it coming lol.

Yeah, I keep running out of cards in tempo rogue. Enjoy the deck though. What other fun decks do you play?

I'm a combo guy myself (even though blizz tries to kill us) so I'll play any maly deck (rogue,druid,shammy) and OTK priest and warrior decks. I also like doing unexpected cthun decks like rogue, shammy, mage. Like I said though don't expect to get above rank 5.

CoolOff

It is as consistent as it is bland. Most interesting Paladin deck I've tried so far, but like CoolOff I find that the class is a bit underwhelming.

I built this for some fun and variation:

cj6PqPh.png

Not seen: Yogg and one Arcane Anomaly for some early game. I'm 3-0 at rank 15, and it's actually fun to play.

Strider

All these paladins around and I'm just destroying them with Priest lol

Being trying Arcane Anomaly out tho and that card is just not very good from my experience so far.

Asbel

Once upon a time there was an OTK pally. Leeroy+faceless + a combination of might,abusive Sgt,seal with a emperor discount. Could sub those for the murloc cards in anyfin deck. Not as consistent as anyfin (requires so many cards in hand) but I can guarantee no one will see it coming lol.

I'm a combo guy myself (even though blizz tries to kill us) so I'll play any maly deck (rogue,druid,shammy) and OTK priest and warrior decks. I also like doing unexpected cthun decks like rogue, shammy, mage. Like I said though don't expect to get above rank 5.
Don't play well enough or simply enough to get to rank 5. Curvestone decks bore me to play or play against. Ive gotten to rank 10 before but id say my biggest achievement is getting to rank 15 with only patron otk warrior. Still enjoying Timmy shenanigans with variations on Concede Shaman like copying opponents Ragnaros, hexing theirs then playing two ancestral spirit on it. Will probably try Blood Warrior deck when Arcane Giant comes out.

gutshot

All these paladins around and I'm just destroying them with Priest lol

Being trying Arcane Anomaly out tho and that card is just not very good from my experience so far.

I think it needs to be comboed with a buff to really make it worth running. 2 attack just doesn't do enough. But turning it into 3 or 4 attack minion that gains health every time you cast a spell could be powerful. If Velen's Chosen was still in Standard, it would have worked really well with that.

Apathy

I think it needs to be comboed with a buff to really make it worth running. 2 attack just doesn't do enough. But turning it into 3 or 4 attack minion that gains health every time you cast a spell could be powerful. If Velen's Chosen was still in Standard, it would have worked really well with that.

If vc were around it'll make a lot of things in priest work. Still shaking my head in how they though tentacles was a good replacement for it at 5

Hycran

Banned
When are they going to let us buy old card backs? One would think blizz could make some bank by selling them for 3 bucks a pop or 700 gold.

Pooya

The giant cost 12 right? I'm not sure how usable it is in tempo mage but people will try for sure. you have to play 6 spells for it to be worth it and you might even hit it on curve.

I don't know about it in rogue, the problem with rogue deck building is that you have so many fixed slots you can't afford to change. It's not as flexible as tempo mage builds are. There are miracle lists right now with questing adventurer actually, maybe swap those for arcane giant and test out, I'm not sure if it's better honestly.

Other idea I've heard, is the OTK warrior like the old molten warrior. You just play control warrior essentially but with these giants and faceless charge. The grindy version seems really hard to pull off, is it even good? just otk instead.

It should be good in druid too but seemingly everything is good in druid!

inky

I said it when it was first shown, but yes, I'll try the giant in my Spell Druid. It has Moonfires and Raven Idols, Innervates, etc. so the potential is there.

I'm still cautious of course. I remember thinking Frost Giant could see some play too way back then, but there's still much more to it than how cheaply you can put the minion out. Most Spell Druids work on a token system with maybe a Savage Roar finisher turn. Others try to rush a Maly + Faceless OTK turn. Mine is more about board control to about half HP, then using spells + whatever board to finish. An 8/8 needs to do more than being cheap to be useful against the current meta. Zoo gets away with it because they can flood the board every turn, but spells are a more expensive commodity, so to speak.

fertygo

the giant will just die in non snowball deck, and the way its die not help you

in snowball deck if opponent try to kill it, its might kill their tempo

Hycran

Banned
The beauty of Arcane Giant is that, while we can all assume Blizzard heavily play tests their cards, no one will have any faith in blizzards ability to balance or nerf cards correctly due to the purify debacle. I'm not convinced AG is the be all end all, but I it is good it will become a 20 mama card pretty quickly

Strider

True.

I kinda wonder if it could work in some Paladin decks that run the buff cards. I haven't nor have I seen anyone else trying that just yet.

Most likely it's garbage but who knows. Sometimes ya gotta try stuff just to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom