• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
ivory Knight has taken my Dragon Paladin win rate from 55% to 65%. At rank 12 now.

Or you are in the magical period where 10% of players are trying out new unoptimised decks.

Report back when that returns to the normal 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001%

Or you are in the magical period where 10% of players are trying out new unoptimised decks.

Report back when that returns to the normal 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001%

It's doing great in my paladin decks and I am now at 5 or 6. Often playing dragon warrior, cthun warrior, zoo, aggro shaman or other tier 1-2 decks. soo....

Levi

Banned
Yeah, Ivory Knight is over performing, not sure why anyone is trying to argue otherwise. It's one of the best cards to come out of week one.

I love when it gives you something amazing in a match up, something your opponent cannot really or wouldn't really ever play around. Like a third equality. Or even avenging wrath. Equality + avenging wrath board clear is old school. Getting a lay on hands can be game winning. Hell, even a third unforbidden healing has been pretty great. Sometimes even a secret is good because it presents more wild pyro synergy.

Once I got blessed champion and dropped it on a 6/6 I stole with sylvanas. So I not only healed for 5 I pushed for 6 extra damage and baited out execute.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Cloaked Huntress is doing WORK in the Yogg N Load deck.

Added a some of the useful but not previously included secrets:
1x Snipe (gets so many people on T2. Totem Golems, Imps,
1x Snake Trap (free units to get Kill Command active)
a second Freeze Trap and a second Explosive.

With those changes + 2x Cloaked Huntress and removing King's Elekk, the deck feels much stronger. Getting a good Lock and Load turn is much easier, and you end up with 2-3 bonus charges on the eaglehorn bows sometimes. Really solid card for that deck.

And then you Yogg in the late game and 420 Praise it.

psyfi

Banned
Man, I'm getting my ass handed to me in ranked. Haven't won a single match. Unranked is fine though. It seems like people have really good cards for being the lowest possible rank in Ranked, lol.

manhack

Man, I'm getting my ass handed to me in ranked. Haven't won a single match. Unranked is fine though. It seems like people have really good cards for being the lowest possible rank in Ranked, lol.

What rank are you? I can give some deck ideas later.

Dahbomb

This is how it starts.

The fever... the rage... the feeling of powerlessness.

That turns good men... into opening their wallets and buying packs.

Levi

Banned
Disenchanted my Sylvanas today.... because I crafted a Golden one.

XD

Z7p6lVr.png

Look at this dust I've wasted on a tier 4 deck, ULU.

Heropon

I still can't believe I have an Alexstrasza in my collection. The decks where it's used are so expensive that I can't play her just yet. Maybe one day... Only 4800 dust to go unless the brawl classic packs are nice to me ;)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Alex was the first legendary i got and i still haven't used it in a deck. It seems like it was just mostly in freeze mage.

Levi

Banned
Oh, and they hotfixed the quest bug. It was kind of nice not seeing the 80g quest beggars lately but I'm glad I can start earning decent gold again. Only 30 more packs before i can craft another gold leg.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Alex was the first legendary i got and i still haven't used it in a deck. It seems like it was just mostly in freeze mage.

Alex can be used in lots of combo decks. It just seems that at the moment, Blizzard doesn't want combo decks to exist. So until that changes, I expect Alextrasza to remain not very helpful. Unless you are a Reno deck and really desperate to hang on or a fatigue deck and out of good ideas (I'm reaching here), its not gonna find a lot of homes.

That said, the card is clearly good and would only take a little bit to make it relevant again. So you never know.

DSmalls84

Cloaked Huntress is doing WORK in the Yogg N Load deck.

Added a some of the useful but not previously included secrets:
1x Snipe (gets so many people on T2. Totem Golems, Imps,
1x Snake Trap (free units to get Kill Command active)
a second Freeze Trap and a second Explosive.

With those changes + 2x Cloaked Huntress and removing King's Elekk, the deck feels much stronger. Getting a good Lock and Load turn is much easier, and you end up with 2-3 bonus charges on the eaglehorn bows sometimes. Really solid card for that deck.

And then you Yogg in the late game and 420 Praise it.

Can you share you deck list? Been trying to come up with a good huntress deck but so far none seem as good as standard Yogg and Load. I don't seem to draw Yogg consistently or get as much Lock and Load card generation.

greepoman

Every month I level to at least rank 5 with fun decks (before I scumbag it to legend with a tier1 deck) and this month I decided to go with zoo rogue and it's recking fools lol. Went from 15 to 6 in a couple hours barely losing any games. And no it's not a good deck ...people just don't expect it and then it's too late lol.

Every month I level to at least rank 5 with fun decks (before I scumbag it to legend with a tier1 deck) and this month I decided to go with zoo rogue and it's recking fools lol. Went from 15 to 6 in a couple hours barely losing any games. And no it's not a good deck ...people just don't expect it and then it's too late lol.
What on earth is Zoo Rogue? Do you mean that Face Rogue deck I saw posted a week ago?

greepoman

What on earth is Zoo Rogue? Do you mean that Face Rogue deck I saw posted a week ago?

Not quite sure, was popular on the asian server a while ago. Here is the list:

I called it zoo because you control board at first with tempo plays then you have to know when to switch to face. You gotta anticipate your opponents cards otherwise you get stomped. There's a lot of cards that give you more cards so you don't run out of steam.

patchday

Disenchanted my Sylvanas today.... because I crafted a Golden one.

XD

Z7p6lVr.png

Look at this dust I've wasted on a tier 4 deck, ULU.

That's some serious bling. I can see some opponents getting triggered at the sight of gold sylvannas.

Trying out the new Upload Replay functionality for HDT, check this out:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/6WK6o7B78nmvrjt9YWbQWM

Misplayed early by not clearing an Alexstraza's chamption when I could have and then I missed lethal because I didn't have faith that Firelands Portal was going to give me a charger, but I ended up getting an even better lethal a couple turns later.

(Finally watched) Shadowplay is really great but guess this the next best thing for sure. I like that finishing move lol

I called it zoo because you control board at first with tempo plays then you have to know when to switch to face. You gotta anticipate your opponents cards otherwise you get stomped. There's a lot of cards that give you more cards so you don't run out of steam.

just wondering why you saved that out as a gif? Was wondering why it was all pixelated like an old school color TV lol

Thats cool you can march right to legendary as a rogue. RNG hasnt blessed me with any Rogue class cards so been avoiding that kit like the plague. (edit- Meant didnt get any legendaries for Rogue like Van clef)

psyfi

Banned
What rank are you? I can give some deck ideas later.
I'm not sure, whatever the beginning rank is. Any help would be great!

This is how it starts.

Haha nah, I almost never buy stuff like that in games. I bought one REQ pack in Halo 5, and that's it. Haven't touched them in Overwatch.

I miss classic control warrior...damn hipster cthun warriors taking over.
I keep seeing C'Thun in ranked but so far it doesn't seem to be doing anything... Just getting its stats buffed.

patchday

This is how it starts.

lol

just go standard zoo deck or midrange hunter til you can get enough dust for other decks. But Zoo is really killer.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Funny. I tried a Zooish Rogue back when Raptor first got released mainly because Nerubian Egg was a zooish card. Was never great thanks to lack of card draw, but better than expected.

What's Journey Below for? More Hoarders?

greepoman

just wondering why you saved that out as a gif? Was wondering why it was all pixelated like an old school color TV lol

Thats cool you can march right to legendary as a rogue. RNG hasnt blessed me with any Rogue class cards so been avoiding that kit like the plague.

Cause I'm old and we didn't have no jpgs when I was growing up (Compuserve ftw)...

Actually I did it a while ago in a hurry and I just did print screen and saved it in ms paint and gif must've been the default.

As for ranking up... you can get a lot of wins just by experience. They key is identifying your opponent's deck quickly (knowing every single card) so you can anticipate what they will play each turn and then making plays that don't play into their cards. Most of the popular streamers explain their plays turn by turn so it's good to learn from them.

What's Journey Below for? More Hoarders?

I wondered myself at first but turns out it's a great combo enabler which is essential to getting the advantage early on and then also fills your curve.

psyfi

Banned
just go standard zoo deck or midrange hunter til you can get enough dust for other decks. But Zoo is really killer.
Okay cool, but... I have no idea what zoo is, haha.

So far I've been playing Druid. I'm thinking of switching to Mage for a bit.

patchday

Okay cool, but... I have no idea what zoo is, haha.

So far I've been playing Druid. I'm thinking of switching to Mage for a bit.

I got u---> Zoo guide

That is all you need. Seriously I was stuck at rank 20 when I first started. My neighbor (who is like rank 4 or something) spectated me one day and was like wtf dump Rogue and switch to Zoo. I immediately climbed asap. And like he counseled me I was able to learn all my opponents decks. Now I can recognize many at around turn 2 and adjust my strategy

edit-> I should add that I was using cheap Rogue decks. They were all crap for me. I tried so many. so many tears lol.

fertygo

I feel I can play whatever to rank 5 within 60 games at last 2 month beating aggros seem easy

Then shit got real when you play peep that pilot aggro deck real good at high rank ànd die before turn 6 repeatedly and winrate plummet :(

patchday

Yeah I think those cheap f2p rogue decks simply demands more skill than a newbie could ever hope to muster. If I was a bravier man I'd try Rogue again but just too much bad blood between us right now I guess

Apathy

lol everybody was raging when she wasn't nerfed, too

That card is still on that list of bullshit cards, even if freeze isnt popular now. a single card should not be able to do 15 damage to a player, that is outright bullshit. It can easily be "set health to 20" and it would be fine, because freeze mage is going to make a comeback at some point and it will go back to using that garbage card to get wins it shouldn't

Dahbomb

Hunter Christmas Tree achieved.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_08_15_16_22_53_09.png

This game was a massive clown fiesta. Like the Priest Thoughstole twice, one time he got a Huntress and a Secret another time he got two Call of the Wilds. Those two Call of the Wilds almost lost me the game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lost to a yogg that, even though the guy only played 5 spells up to that point, casted firelands portal TWICE.

What a great card. What a great game. Silly me trying to not play an aggro deck and kill them before turn 10.

patchday

@dahbomb, sounds like a tough match

Man was fighting against this Secret -- Lock & Load hunter. He was playing all kinds of spells and secrets. Got me down to 7. thought I was gonna die. Luckily I hit t10 before him and got Yogg out first. Yogg precedes to clear my board making me sad but he stealthed himself and somehow gave me another Yogg.

Hunter then plays a bunch more secrets but instead of attacking I just used Fireland's portal to lethal

And did I say Firelands portal is the bomb?!?! It gives me Earth Elementals sometimes. sweeettttt

patchday

Man I think my friend jinxed me. He's normally super high rank (above 5) but this month he's all complaining how its hard to climb and he's in my same rank (17). I go play some matches and now my win rate fell to 60% (10 matches played according to HDT).

My other build (also a tempo mage variation) I made was also 60%. So look's like the build I copied from Levi is tied up exactly to it. Strange eh? This means with 20 games under my belt this season as tempo mage I am 60% win rate

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I'm starting to like a more controlling Secret Hunter more and more as we move further into the expansion. Yeah they get Kindly Grandmother and Cat Trick, but they also get cards like Arcane Giant, Avian Watcher, and Curator coming up to potentially help them out too.

That's a lot of potentially good buffs coming their way, and considering how on the edge they are of becoming good as it is, it probably will become a legitimate tier 2 to 1 deck.

patchday

You know, I'm starting to like a more controlling Secret Hunter more and more as we move further into the expansion. Yeah they get Kindly Grandmother and Cat Trick, but they also get cards like Arcane Golem, Avian Watcher, and Curator coming up to potentially help them out too.

That's a lot of potentially good buffs coming their way, and considering how on the edge they are of becoming good as it is, it probably will become a legitimate tier 2 to 1 deck.

That would be really coo those decks are fierce to fight against. For first ever I was thinking bout Eater of Secrets but I just dont see them enough yet.

Funny thing too I just pulled an Eater of Secrets dupe from a pack. I think the game is trying to give me a hint... Dark times are ahead

psyfi

Banned
I checked out the zoo guide and I have almost none of the cards for it, haha. Ah well, I'm having fun figuring things out as I go anyways.

patchday

try looking up cheap zoo deck or google for budget zoo

[edit] I think when I started I finally broke down and got both adventures with $$ and maybe purchased 10 packs cause I hated not having any cards

bjaelke

Legend cardback is so silly. It really only shows that you have lots of time to dedicate to the game in a specific month. And if we are being serious, it is one of the ugliest cardbacks they've made. Most of the monthy ones are better looking and I'd say anything with an animation is already miles better.

Power Rank for cardbacks (ignoring BM potential for which Legend wins hands down):
Heroic LoE
Power Core
Legacy of the Void
Halloween from a couple years ago with that pumpkin
Pretty much everything animated
Fireside Gathering
Everything else not animated
Legend
Basic Cardback
TeSPA > *

Both in rarity and design

Status