• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhack

Wow. Dats some shit right there lol.

I'm ok with it since it is about the only true "counter" to yogg saron outside of killing your opponent before turn 10.

I had a similar instance where I yolo Yogged against a Handlock in Jaraxxus form, Sylvanas died and stole Yogg and Yogg proceeded to draw cards for the Handlock until he died from fatigue.

//ARCANUM

I'm ok with it since it is about the only true "counter" to yogg saron outside of killing your opponent before turn 10.

I had a similar instance where I yolo Yogged against a Handlock in Jaraxxus form, Sylvanas died and stole Yogg and Yogg proceeded to draw cards for the Handlock until he died from fatigue.

Hahaha oh man that's amazing

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You can go to Wild and get Legend with Secret Paladin.

Most of the try hard players and net deckers are on Standard. On Wild you will see a bunch of home brew and niche decks even at slightly higher ranks. You will get the occasional try hard Hunter/Paladin/Shaman/Zoo player but you can still do fine in the match up.

I think I agree with someone else here... Tempostorm should just never print that Wild meta snapshot list. Anyone who is good knows what the best decks are in Wild but the average net decker/Tempostorm reader wouldn't and will just try to copy what he/she sees online.

THIS is why we can't have nice things.

I actually have fun in Wild... until someone throws down Dr Balanced on turn 7.

Speaking of the ultra competitive wild mode, I saw a rank 15 Taunt Palidan there a couple days ago.

Lj73260.png

Decklist from decktracker

Wild is weird.

bjaelke

Official New Chinese Hearthstone App Displays Hidden Stats
Netease and Blizzard CN today published an app to check your HS hidden stats: max win streaks, active days, most used class, best rank etc.

The app also introduces us an achievement feature with names like "渡劫成功(defeating the final boss for Legend)", "熄灭火焰(Put out fires)", 1)

"我们要发财啦(We're gonna be rich!)", etc. Not exactly sure which stats they are tracking for each right now, but do seem interesting and might 2)

be a real thing that may come to HS as an in-game achievement feature some day. 3)

fertygo

man my total winrate must've around 38% if counted from the strt I played

its not even that good I think even after I regularly get rank 5

not sure I ever want to see my overall stat

manhack

greepoman

Yeah I miss the midrange zoo that ran void callers, mal-ganis, dr. boom, void terror, etc.

It was capable of some of the most broken and insane tempo swings of any deck. This is one of my favorite versions:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/239855-s21-sigmas-midrange-zoo-streak-to-legend-guide

Yeah demon lock can go die in a fire. You think 4 mana 7/7 is bad? How about 4 mana 3/4 and a 9/7. Cause every single time i decide to kill the void caller (or even if I don't) it pulled malganis. EVERY TIME. Don't make me go to the police and show them where demon lock touched me.

NBtoaster

I think before WOTG release they said that demonlock had its time being popular and they wanted other warlock archetypes to shine. Though they didn't really give them any more powerful build-around cards until now.

Unfortunately, without relatively slow but powerful cards like Dr Boom, Malganis and Voidcaller Zoo has just become even faster and more cancerous.

psyfi

Banned
Still getting a feel for all the heroes. Priest is my new favorite, druid has been dethroned. It's easy to be unpredictable with priest since so much of his power is via spells (I think that's the right term?) and not minions. And I constructed a basic deck on my own and was worried his mana curve made no sense, but nah, I'm kicking ass.

I tried Warrior and Paladin too, but didn't find them much fun.

It's wild to think I'm enjoying this game so much and I haven't even got to the fancy cards yet. I've seriously sunk 20+ hours into this game over the last three days. I'm going camping for four days starting tomorrow and I'm gonna be a mess, haha.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't touched wild since I figured it's full of creepers, shredders, belchers and boom doctors (which I don't have). Is this not true?

Well, you see less of them than you did back before standard, but they're still certainly around.

I'm pretty sure I've played a few people who don't have those cards in their collection either.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I wonder if there will be Barnes decks that have only minions that are positive pulls or if people will just embrace the RNG and hope for a good pull.

CoolOff

Reynad pointed it out in his card review, how bad Barnes is for the game overall. The fact that you can steal games on turn 3-4 by getting Tirion or something similar from it is pretty disgusting.

Yeah I miss the midrange zoo that ran void callers, mal-ganis, dr. boom, void terror, etc.

It was capable of some of the most broken and insane tempo swings of any deck. This is one of my favorite versions:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/239855-s21-sigmas-midrange-zoo-streak-to-legend-guide

One of my favorite plays was casting double Power Overwhelming on Sylvanas, hitting face for 13, and then eating Sylvanas with a Void Terror to make a 16/16 and steal a minion.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I almost never see Demonlock in Wild, and I don't know why.

The molten giant nerf hit that deck pretty hard, so some classic decks like that aren't even able to work in wild.

I'm still mad that card couldn't just be made wild instead of nerfing it to oblivion for both modes. They really should be smarter with the evergreen cards than just including everything in the classic and base sets and nothing else.

Edit: I suppose Demon Zoo should still work, but I don't remember that deck ever being popular.

Dahbomb

One of my favorite plays was casting double Power Overwhelming on Sylvanas, hitting face for 13, and then eating Sylvanas with a Void Terror to make a 16/16 and steal a minion.
You can still do that you know.

What you can't do is play double PO on Void Caller, trade with a big minion, then Void Terror that and get out a Malganis or a Doom Guard while also developing a massive second body. That stuff is legit non sense.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What about Barnes in a anyfin paladin deck? Getting one of your murlocs would buff up your anyfin pretty nicely, and obviously light rag and tirion are solid pulls.

You can still do that you know.

What you can't do is play double PO on Void Caller, trade with a big minion, then Void Terror that and get out a Malganis or a Doom Guard while also developing a massive second body. That stuff is legit non sense.

Yeah, the Sylvanas combo is still in Standard, but the deck as a whole is much weaker without Imp-losion, Mal'Ganis, and Void Caller. Warlock hasn't really gotten anything in the midgame to help them build slower decks. Looking at their cards, it looks like the best midrange minion Warlock has gotten is Usher of Souls, a 5 mana 5/6 that I don't think I've ever seen played before. Meanwhile, Blizzard won't stop printing ridiculous Zoo cards.

DSmalls84

Barnes will probably be great in a N'Zoth Pally deck where most of the minions are Ivory Knights, Sylvanas, tirion, Cairne and the Rag x2.

Ladekabel

Are classes set for this brawl, too? Just like with Mechazod, Priest is in the first version. Doesn't need a buff. Already good enough.

Apathy

can't get enough of this brawl, love it, this is what brawls should be. The last last 2 weeks have been great brawls

I want to see them try a switch and have 1 healing class and 1 dps class, wonder if they can make that work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom