• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

this a good coop brawl and it has phases like a raid boss, it's pretty cool, they're getting better at this. Maybe one day when they have designed a dozen of these encounters, we get a dedicated coop mode when you can q and play any of these, it's the best thing they can do for the casual audience of the game which they care about the most.

Also got Cenarius, pretty good.

sibarraz

Banned
I want to see that 2 mana priest card on constructed, since the drawback is that your opponent receives the same benefits I think that is well balanced.

In the other hand, the auchenai combo will be disturbing

gutshot

Brawl is pretty fun. Died to fatigue the first time since I went ham on that "cast a spell on this minion and draw a card" dude. Oops.

Won it on the second try when we got that "gain +1/+1 for every card played" minion out early and just buffed the shit out of it. It survived the "deal 30 damage to the board" spell that Nef does and then proceeded to destroy him.

Managed to win the brawl first try, even though I fucked up and almost cost my teammate and I the game by not knowing what happens when Nefarian hits 60 health.

Seems like a fairly easy brawl overall though as long as you're smart about your buffs. Way easier than Mechazod for sure.

Dahbomb

The key to winning this Brawl is to just have a minion be above 30 HP all the time, then just buff it up again after Nefarian does the final 30 damage AOE and Inner Fire that minion.

Keep the Spelleater for when the Priest plays Justicar. The rest is pretty straightforward.

Can't OTK Nefarian without going through the phases... it's better to slow roll him.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got destroyed the first time by bloodlusting a big board and getting blocked by the third "phase", then got boardwiped and died in fatigue. Second time we steamrolled with that card that gets +1/+1 for each card played.

JesseZao

Nice of them to flesh out the end of the co-op brawl a bit more than instant victory screen. The Nef crater and sweet explosion were nice touches.

Levi

Banned
Had no idea what was going on my first game, but I was playing Shaman and was paired with an excellent Priest player. I was greedy with my ancestral healing and the Spelleater (I wanted totems) so I accidentally held my cards for when they were most effective. We ended up winning with a 30+ attack windfury Cairne.

We were lucky and the minion that shares heals between heroes stuck for a lot of turns so were never in danger of dying.

JesseZao

Got it on the second try. You really do have to just focus on one minion.

Pretty much. There are fun combos to try, but mostly you work on getting one beefy windfury minion going.

Last game, I had an hp boosted then double divine spirited gargoyle. We gave it windfury and I finally drew inner fire the last turn. The full heal on your turn means it'll never die.

Glad they did away with the "kill their best minion spell" and built the challenge with that in mind. The assassinate was anti-fun.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Had no idea what was going on my first game, but I was playing Shaman and was paired with an excellent Priest player. I was greedy with my ancestral healing and the Spelleater (I wanted totems) so I accidentally held my cards for when they were most effective. We ended up winning with a 30+ attack windfury Cairne.

We were lucky and the minion that shares heals between heroes stuck for a lot of turns so were never in danger of dying.

If you each get one of those it heals until one person reaches full health.

wiibomb

uuuuughh

I can't believe these shamans are so naive!! play the damn gargoyle! that can win the game as long as it is constantly buffed

EDIT: and out of 4 plays I always end up a priest... dispair

Fishlake

Beat the brawl 5 times in a row. One partner was upset I was buffing the stone skin gargoyle. It ended up finishing off the boss. I like to buff that minion because I don't have to heal it.

Fun brawl.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Im wondering whether a Barnse meta would see a rise in priest with their ability to steal 2 drops, or use them for a turn.

wiibomb

Beat the brawl 5 times in a row. One partner was upset I was buffing the stone skin gargoyle. It ended up finishing off the boss. I like to buff that minion because I don't have to heal it.

Fun brawl.

I just conceded a brawl by pure rage..

a shaman plays the gargoyle, i buff it a fucking lot.. it then plays Youthful Brewmaster on the gargoyle.. I was so mad

_DrMario_

Coop brawls in a game with no communication are and always will be pure fucking garbage.

edit: At least I got 3 rares and a legendary from the pack.

sibarraz

Banned
Coop brawls in a game with no communication are and always will be pure fucking garbage.

I don't know, I feel like the charm of this coops is that you don't know what your opponent had, it will be super easy if you knew your opponent hand, also feels good that both players can cooperate without any sort of communication and that in the end common sense won

Levi

Banned
3 and 0 in brawl until...

We swap hands. SHAMAN immediately plays Justicar. I concede.

Then, I'm the shaman. Priest doesnt bother killing the explosive rune on turn 3 when he easily could. I concede.

Dahbomb

Mostly a video on Mage and Firelands Portal.

Talks about win percentage going first vs going second especially related to Mage.

Talks about card rarities in previous expansions and how it has shaped Arena until now (citing examples like Ethereal Conjurer, Animated Armor and Excavated Evil).

inky

Another video about Purify.

Not really. It's more about the going first vs going second disparity (a gap that has been widening with each new release) and how they give all the tools to certain classes, mainly Mage, which makes it so the class is picked disproportionately.

is this a good one for the 5 brawls quest? EU pleb here

The matches take a bit longer, but winning is relatively easy so I would say so.

clav

Not really. It's more about the going first vs going second disparity (a gap that has been widening with each new release) and how they give all the tools to certain classes, mainly Mage, which makes it so the class is picked disproportionately.

Mostly a video on Mage and Firelands Portal.

Talks about win percentage going first vs going second especially related to Mage.

Talks about card rarities in previous expansions and how it has shaped Arena until now (citing examples like Ethereal Conjurer, Animated Armor and Excavated Evil).

Thanks for summarizing it.

He's made these videos before, so it seemed like a rehash.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone want to do the tavern brawl on EU in 10 mins when it opens?

Salex_

Got a Play A Friend quest for the first time. Anyone else have it in NA? I want to start saving up for the next expansion and don't want to risk losing out on gold from reddit scammers (lol).

Apathy

Barnes secret buff to priest if your opponent plays it after 6 cabal or 4 with shadow madness. Thanks Blizzard!

/s

wiibomb

Got a Play A Friend quest for the first time. Anyone else have it in NA? I want to start saving up for the next expansion and don't want to risk losing out on gold from reddit scammers (lol).

which is you user?

mine is wiibomb#1871

add me and I'll help

I think the best thing they can do to arena to shake it up a bit, is to change the appearance rate of the rarities.

Also, LOL @ kripp trying to use 45 games total to show a disparity between winrates going first or second.

Dahbomb

I think the best thing they can do to arena to shake it up a bit, is to change the appearance rate of the rarities.

Also, LOL @ kripp trying to use 45 games total to show a disparity between winrates going first or second.
He already showed stats for a much wider player base in a different video. These are just his stats for the first wing of Karazhan.

There's no denying that there's a massive gulf in win ratio between going first and going second in Arena.

He already showed stats for a much wider player base in a different video. These are just his stats for the first wing of Karazhan.

There's no denying that there's a massive gulf in win ratio between going first and going second in Arena.

Of course there is a disparity but showing 45 games is not even worth talking about.

Brawl is pretty easy because Nef starts at 0 attack so you don't have to trade early, and his attacks aren't particularly devastating.

It's annoying though when you swap hands and your partner plays all the good stuff you've been saving up. Ended up with a super buff Fiola but he would do things like Banana before attacking. Would've won a lot easier had he not wasted Windfury on another minion.

Another 20 dust, but at least I got Defender of Argus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom