• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishlake

Crone has twisting neather :S.

I was winning as well.

Edit Beat heroic crone.

Edit Beat them all! Easier time this week.

Crone - Dragonpreist with divine innerfire.
Juliet - Same deck as normal.
Wolf - Kelthuzad into moat into void you get 2 kelthuzads this way I also had a dreadstead.

Nat the darkfisher made Piloted Shredder worse.

Secret Pally vs Secret Pally, both completely curving out is scary. Almost missed lethal again from 22. Dr. Boom prevailed over Tirion.

Fishlake

I can confirm that if Moat is brought back from the dead via Kel that he does not summon the minion again when he dies.

He does appear to have the death rattle symbol though.

Fixed1979

Heroics done, really only had any trouble with the big bad wolf, but managed to stabilize early with Priest on the third attempt and finished it without issue. Used standard face shaman for the crone and Apex's tempo mage for Julianne.

Barnes is fucking nuts. 5 blowout victories in a row with onyx and Barnes in warrior meta. O sheesh. Last game he brought out ysera on coin turn 3 then I resurrected once he executed then dropped onyx again. Too funny

Otnopolit

I spent my first ever real dollars in this game ($20 on 15 Classic packs) two nights ago and got a Golden Hogger... Salvaged that puppy (1600 dust!!) and now I am overwhelmed at the possibilities of deck building...

inky

Heroic's haven't been as hard or interesting I admit. 2 shot Juliet, 1 shot the wolf (LOL Varyan pulled Rag, Ysera and Feugen at full HP, drew Nefarian who gave me 2 spells that deal 4 mana. GG). On to the witch!

wiibomb

I spent my first ever real dollars in this game ($20 on 15 Classic packs) two nights ago and got a Golden Hogger... Salvaged that puppy (1600 dust!!) and now I am overwhelmed at the possibilities of deck building...

if you ever craft a legendary, thing about sylvanna or ragnaros, they are overall the best legendaries around.

inky

LOL, Witch used 2xTwisting Nether back to back, wtf? How do you even counter that? =(

Gonna need Redemption or Counterspell...

First lost since adding Barnes and onyx into my zoth deck. Dropped him against a hunter and he pulled confessor. Hero power as well but he dropped call of wild on turn and rushed face. No onyx in hand either.

Heroic's haven't been as hard or interesting I admit. 2 shot Juliet, 1 shot the wolf (LOL Varyan pulled Rag, Ysera and Feugen at full HP, drew Nefarian who gave me 2 spells that deal 4 mana. GG). On to the witch!

Yeah, while playing the Big Bad Wolf, N'Zoth revived everything with normal stats too. Made it pretty easy, at least on normal.

inky

Wait? How did you survive the first one?

Anyway, you can just kill her before turn 8.

I had Redemption up. I didn't even know she had TN.

I guess focusing on more Charge stuff is the better option to kill her fast.

Yeah, while playing the Big Bad Wolf, N'Zoth revived everything with normal stats too. Made it pretty easy, at least on normal.

It's the same on Heroic. He just starts with some minions Wolfs on the board.

gutshot

I had Redemption up. I didn't even know she had TN.

I guess focusing on more Charge stuff is the better option to kill her fast.

It's the same on Heroic. He just starts with some minions Wolfs on the board.

Yeah, it surprised me the first time too. I was like, "This is super easy and not at all different from Norma-- ooooooooohhh".

Inner Fire Priest with Holy Champions rekted her though.

Pooya

I'm not sure how else you can beat the crone other than with ancestral spirit shaman. Maybe bait the twisting into counter spell, doesn't seem all that good. with redemption is same.

bjaelke

j8HNMLg.png
Best one I've seen so far.
I'm not sure how else you can beat the crone other than with ancestral spirit shaman. Maybe bait the twisting into counter spell, doesn't seem all that good.

Divine Spirit/Inner Fire as mentioned above works wonders.

wiibomb

Good to know! I've been crafting a couple of Mage oriented rares to start, I'm looking into a control or tempo deck with that class.

then both legendary I said work wonderfully in those decks, try also to find a recipe to start doing it: gotta warn you, though, you will find very hard to follow recipes unless you dust most other cards you get, try to adapt to the recipes if you don't want to dust everything

_DrMario_

Beat Heroic Crone on first try with Nzoth hunter. AI goes insane as soon as you drop Nzoth Spawn and starts buffing it... gj Blizzard.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Good article from CompetitiveHS about some of the fallacies players and pros tend to fall into when reviewing cards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/4xxjsq/how_not_what_to_think_about_new_cards/

His assessment of Menagerie Warden and the Beast Druid deck overall pretty much mirrors mine as well. I just don't think it will be good enough since it will be generally out tempoed by the tempo decks in the meta currently.

Having done the re-review game myself several times, I agree with a lot of what this is saying. I also believe that Menagerie Warden is currently overrated by the pros calling it a 10/10 card. They're making almost the same mistake that they did with Cho'Gall, which is thinking about the best case scenario card combo and not the average case. And Dahbomb and I also came out saying Ironforge Portal seemed strong during our review. I came out in favor of Babbling Book too.

Something that this guy isn't mentioning is that you should also have a mathematical model for card valuation. Think about what each stat point or effect is worth in terms of mana and come up with a relative mana cost. Ultimately Hearthstone is just a flashy numbers game.

The pros and streamers should be stepping back and re-review their evaluations more than they have. Trump has done it twice now. Nobody else has put out a re-review video. They just complain when I put out a video calling them wrong, lol.

Dahbomb

Heroic finished.

Beat first with Zoolock. First try. Just out tempo her out and get some Forbidden Ritual/Knife Juggler combos going. I didn't even use the Wild version of this deck, just brought my standard deck in because it worked well enough the first time.

Second with modified Freeze Mage w/ combos like Flamewaker, Arcane Missiles, Antonidas, Malygos and such with a lot of deathrattle board clears. This one took a few tries because I needed the right draws with Malygos/Missiles/Flamewaker.

Third one I beat with Wild Secret Paladin including double Redemption and Loatheb. Basically this is only hard because of Twisting Nether, so you need Redemption to counter. You can also try to kill her before turn 8 or use Loatheb right on turn 8 with something like Dr Boom in play. I think Secret Paladin is probably best for this. This one took a few tries because if you don't get Redemption it gets pretty hard.

I think Mage with Counter Spell would also be pretty good in this. But I like Secret Paladin because the 1/1s always spawn as taunt which means you can put more minions on the charge side.

cHinzo

Good to know! I've been crafting a couple of Mage oriented rares to start, I'm looking into a control or tempo deck with that class.

U should aim for tempo, since that deck doesn't really need legendaries. Azure drakes are best cards u can craft tbh. They are used in so many decks.

Xanathus

Heroic finished.

Beat first with Zoolock. First try. Just out tempo her out and get some Forbidden Ritual/Knife Juggler combos going. I didn't even use the Wild version of this deck, just brought my standard deck in because it worked well enough the first time.

Second with modified Freeze Mage w/ combos like Flamewaker, Arcane Missiles, Antonidas, Malygos and such with a lot of deathrattle board clears. This one took a few tries because I needed the right draws with Malygos/Missiles/Flamewaker.

Third one I beat with Wild Secret Paladin including double Redemption and Loatheb. Basically this is only hard because of Twisting Nether, so you need Redemption to counter. You can also try to kill her before turn 8 or use Loatheb right on turn 8 with something like Dr Boom in play. I think Secret Paladin is probably best for this. This one took a few tries because if you don't get Redemption it gets pretty hard.

I think Mage with Counter Spell would also be pretty good in this. But I like Secret Paladin because the 1/1s always spawn as taunt which means you can put more minions on the charge side.

Someone pointed out to me that Divine Spirit Inner Fire Priest destroys the heroic third one. It was hilariously easy.

First one is also super easy with Mill Rogue, the AI does stupid stuff like play draw spells in fatigue. You only have to make sure you can kill Romeo in order for her to actually take the fatigue damage.

Dahbomb

Someone pointed out to me that Divine Spirit Inner Fire Priest destroys the heroic third one. It was hilariously easy.
Makes sense, Crone doesn't have any single target removal or silence.... if you make a monster Dorothy, Crone can't really do much other than wait for Twisting Nether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom