• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

I think I discovered a bug.

Stole a taunt minion with Cabal on Turn 6.

Played Barnes who summoned a Sylvanas 1/1.

Opponent played C'thun which was stolen and then given Taunt.

manhack

Wicked Witchdoctor + totemic might

I am running a 1 of arcane giant in malygos rogue. So far it's pretty good. Against paladin I got a 0 mana arcane giant plus a 10/10 van cleef in the same turn. It got cleared by lucky second equality, but then I won off malygos anyway. Xaril and tomb pillager are so good for it.

More recently I was playing a midrange hunter. Turn 8 rolls around and my giant is 7 mana. He plays highmane. I sap and lines up the giant for 6 mana, so pretty good turn even on it's lower end impact imo.

I am also testing out barnes. No disgusting plays so far. But I've gotten close to a disgusting play and even a 3/4 + 1/1 turns out to be pretty good tbh. I've gotten auctioneer but no combo follow up. One match I was close to guaranteeing ET but then I top decked it and played it anyway. So far the jury is out, but I like it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think I discovered a bug.

Stole a taunt minion with Cabal on Turn 6.

Played Barnes who summoned a Sylvanas 1/1.

Opponent played C'thun which was stolen and then given Taunt.

Was that taunt minion Twilight Geomancer? That card gives C'Thun taunt.

Dahbomb

Kolento getting punished in rank 13 NA with Resurrect Barnes deck.

His game right now against Tempo Mage was the biggest clown fiesta. Barnes got Blood Mage Thalnos and the game just snowballed from there.

I am now thinking that arcane giant is worth running in miracle rogue. I was borderline before, thinking it might just not be as good as other variants. But after playing it some in malyrogue, which is sometimes conservative with spells, it's still pretty hot. Xaril and tomb pillager just provide so many additional cheap spells. I've gotten giant to 0 many times. Once I got giant down to 0 and played a 14/14 van cleef in the same turn. Lost to second brawl and some top deck shenanigans, but was game winning in a lost scenario otherwise.

Apathy

so because I am lacking some cards and not enough dust to make them, i decided to do a little modification on my old deck i posted from he hearthpwn link.

U5DZavd.jpg

I was thinking avenging wrath+equality late game if i needed it since I don't want to run with double pyro (cause I want to minimize the risk of getting it from barnes). I might just change it to another enter the coliseum.

I'm going to try a barns + dragon deck deck if I can get enough dust to make some of the better dragons

Pooya

I have not hit maly with Barnes yet but so far I had it giving me Emperor, free coin with pillager, and gadgetzan, other times at minimum you get spell power, so be ready to play spells before you play it, having backstab or prep helps before you play this. I don't see why one should not play this in many decks really, there is not much of a downside or build around requirement, The only bad hits for me are SI7s which I mulligan for anyways and Edwin, everything else is positive effect.

clav

Was that taunt minion Twilight Geomancer? That card gives C'Thun taunt.

Yes.

That taunt minion was dead though.

I guess "wherever it is" applied even though I don't have C'Thun in the deck list.

Weird though since that's a battlecry, and I thought battlecry doesn't activate when stolen.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yes.

That taunt minion was dead though.

I guess "wherever it is" applied even though I don't have C'Thun in the deck list.

Weird though since that's a battlecry, and I thought battlecry doesn't activate when stolen.

Essentially, C'Thun had taunt when your opponent played it because Twilight Geomancer gave him taunt whenever it was played. You just didn't see the graphic for it because the visual was programmed to appear after its battlecry resolved.

Sheroking

Would like to do some cool things with Barnes, but everyone I queue into is playing aggro decks with no Karazhan cards.

Hearthstone, more than any other game, proves that people are fucking boring.

Apathy

of course, my luck, barnes pulls out the 1 doomsayer in my deck the second time i play him. why should i expect anything but that

Would like to do some cool things with Barnes, but everyone I queue into is playing aggro decks with no Karazhan cards.

I met some resurrect/onyx bishop priests

Hearthstone perpetuates aggro decks by having laddering be a total grind. An aggro deck finishes a game in a fraction of a time controls deck do meaning you'll simply climb faster. Even midrange is considerably faster than the absolute waste of time control vs control is.

Sheroking

I haven't ran into any aggro decks. The fastest deck was dragon warrior or midrange hunter.

I got a couple Zoolocks, a Shaman and a Dragon Warrior.

Didn't see a single Karazhan card in 6 games.

Hearthstone perpetuates aggro decks by having laddering be a total grind. An aggro deck finishes a game in a fraction of a time controls deck do meaning you'll simply climb faster. Even midrange is considerably faster than the absolute waste of time control vs control is.

If you're playing the same old decks, especially aggro, the DAY new cards release: You are a boring motherfucker.

Watching now.. I'm pretty shocked at how early he used his first brawl.

Your play against his Sylvanas was very bold, but it worked out well. Nicely done!.

Yeah, dropping van cleef was probably a bit too much lol. I was just wishing for a sap topdeck off auctioneer and it never came, so I just made a hasty decision.

I was also just really brave about the whole situation knowing that I still had ET in the deck and I haven't used any of my burn and he is so low on hp. I just saw my hand and assumed I couldn't lose. In hindsight it was worse than I thought it would be lol.

Both of those are actually aggro decks lol.

Sorry but they're actually midrange decks.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Played Barnes and Arcane Golem in Yogg Druid and played Barnes and Kindly Grandmother in a no secret midrange beast hunter.

I still think Barnes might fit in Yogg Druid, just because of how useful it is when it hits one of your 3 best minions, and at worst it's like a third Mire Keeper for good stats across two bodies.

I don't think Arcane Golem fits. It's sometimes nice after a big token turn to make the board better against AoE, but that sort of thing is kinda what Onixia already does in a much more flexible way.

Kindly Grandmother seems to be the return of Haunted Creeper we expected it to be, though the one less health is very significant.

Barnes in midrange beast hunter needs more testing. I don't think Hunter likes the worst case scenario much at all, with it being a relatively slow tempo play and no beast synergy. But there's a lot of upside when it hits. Especially with Ragnaros, which is a very easy addition to the deck with or without Barnes.

manhack

It's just bad luck. There are plenty of people trying out new decks, although there will always be people trying to take advantage of this experimental stage.

I look at it as an opportunity to prove if your deck is really any good. I've enjoyed beating top meta decks, especially aggro decks, with my "maelstrom malygos" shaman and my anyfin/n'zoth/yogg Paladin.

Portugeezer

So, thought I would try it to see if Moat Lurker destroys a minion twice with Brann, it doesn't.

This card is going to be insane in decks with Sylvanas and whatnot...

Dahbomb

Kolento struggled at rank 14 with Priest.

Switched to new Hunter with Kindly Grandmother and Barnes... streaked to rank 10 easily.

Is your turn 3 play here normal? Using shiv on face to cycle versus just curving out SI?

Which match are you referring to?

I think it's very situational. I try to get all the juice out of SSI agent if I think I can. Against more aggressive decks or decks that don't run heals, I am inclined to developed a minion more than usual. And it also depends on my hand.

edit:
Oh wait, I see what match you are referring to.

I actually drew si7 agent off of shiv so i didn't have a choice there. Against warrior I probably would have shiv'd anyway because the ping from agent turns out to usually be pretty good against warrior and if he has fiery war axe I am just enabling him to get a large advantage right away.

edit2:
Just a random connected thought, sometimes making the play that your opponent cannot interact with is a great play. In this case, playing shiv also draws me 1 card closer to auctioneer or other cards that enable me to win the game. That 1 extra card draw actually let my auctioneer to get hit by emperor thaursian the next turn too. All worked out great tbh.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I have basically zero experience with rogue. Watching trump play a malygos rogue makes me want to try it out, but i can't justify crafting such a niche card like Malygos. Maybe i will try a normal miracle rogue since i already have Edwin and could use Thalnos in my mage deck.

I have basically zero experience with rogue. Watching trump play a malygos rogue makes me want to try it out, but i can't justify crafting such a niche card like Malygos. Maybe i will try a normal miracle rogue since i already have Edwin and could use Thalnos in my mage deck.

In old gods, miracle was definitely a better deck than maly rogue. It probably still is, but barnes definitely is a great reason to revisit the deck. And arcane giant is working out better than expected as well.

Also, they've very hard decks to learn.

greepoman

It's not worth it unless there's a lot of priest. No good healing really limits rogue and they struggle against minions that are bad sap targets which are all of the old gods, rag, and the new arcane giant if it becomes popular.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I also really want to try out a reno deck but they are always so expensive.

I did open Jaraxxus the other day which helps with Renolock.

manhack

What are you guys dropping for kindly grandmother in hunter?

Played a few rounds with grandmother and barnes in Hunter and decided to change out grandmother for loot hoarder. Much better for my version.

I would probably switch out Huge Toad, Flame juggler or Kings Elekk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom