• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Moat Lurker joins the party today.

QWYALtd.gif

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

I know right? He's a really cool card because he lurks moats.

Seriously though, are people really excited about this card? It looks like an awkward toy to me.

It'll take me another week to get enough gold for this next wing. I don't feel like I'm missing out on much, though.

Also, I'm surprised to see so many Freeze Mage decks AND a Handlock at the prelims.

Pooya

You could get the 10 bucks from Amazon Hayday promo (it's over now) and get another 5 with referral code through amazon underground app for 15 total, get the first wing with gold then buy 3 wings for 15 and get the card back even. That's what I did.

Apathy

Currently at 1440 gold so I can by this week and next. Should realistically be able to get 660g in 2 weeks, and if not no issue, the last wing doesn't really have anything that I desperately need cause it's meta defining

ZeroX03

Banned
700 gold for the second wing, $10 in Amazon Credit for the remaining two wings. Then to blow the rest of my gold on useless Arena runs.

I wanna know what happens if you kill your opponent's Sylvanas with Moat Lurker and Sylvanas steals the Moat Lurker. Who gets the Sylvanas when the Moat Lurker dies? I think your opponent should still get it, but the fact that the Moat Lurker switched sides since it killed the Sylvanas might change that. I guess it depends on how it's coded.

Asbel

So I haven't been able to make that OTK Worgen / Patron deck work at all, lol.

I mean it's fun to play but I always end up with one of the 3-4 combo cards I need in the bottom of the deck and by then I usually don't have board control.

I think I'm like 3-10 with it? Pretty rough.

But, it's taught me about the game some more since I typically play aggro decks.

Next I need to work on a solid priest deck, as hard as that will be. I'm thinking C'Thun based w/ Priest of the Feast.

I assume u already watch lokshadow.

Strong Pyro and battle rage turns are key to surviving and drawing your combo but small plays like getting 2 cards from acolyte are important too.

Also knowing your opponents deck is very important here so I don't suggest playing this deck below rank 16.

Levi

Banned
Two EU Coop Shamans in a row decided to mill me for multiple cards for no apparent reason.

One more chance and I'm rerolling the Brawl quest.

This third guy is buffing the wrong minions and my gargoyle isn't going to survive the second wipe.

EU dumber than NA? Fuck my life.

I'm trying to see how moat lurker could be used effectively as a removal tool but the deathrattle downside needs to be mitigated heavily. Since it's already an incredibly slow card, it's hard to imagine using it with silence consistently or whether that would be worth it. I guess having a sylvanas activator that technically gives you another sylvanas is attractive.

I wanna know what happens if you kill your opponent's Sylvanas with Moat Lurker and Sylvanas steals the Moat Lurker. Who gets the Sylvanas when the Moat Lurker dies? I think your opponent should still get it, but the fact that the Moat Lurker switched sides since it killed the Sylvanas might change that. I guess it depends on how it's coded.

I am betting it doesn't matter who controls moat lurker when it dies. The deathrattle will summon the minion on the same side of the board.

inky

Well, I'm glad I got the brawl out of my system yesterday. 5 wins in a row and pretty good partners. Seems it quickly devolved into griefers or people who pay no attention to the strategies.

And, I understand buffing the Gargoyle is the easiest method, but you can win without it. I think it only happened in 3 out of my 5 games yesterday. As long as you have a minion with 30+ HP by the last trigger, and don't waste Inner Fire on turn 2 or something like that, the brawl is still winnable with all the other small crap. I had one game where Inner Fire was the last card and we still won handily.

bjaelke

I'm trying to see how moat lurker could be used effectively as a removal tool but the deathrattle downside needs to be mitigated heavily. Since it's already an incredibly slow card, it's hard to imagine using it with silence consistently or whether that would be worth it. I guess having a sylvanas activator that technically gives you another sylvanas is attractive.

I am betting it doesn't matter who controls moat lurker when it dies. The deathrattle will summon the minion on the same side of the board.
Deathrattle is an upside if you use it on your own minions since it works with N'Zoth. Can bring back 2 x Sylvanas + a 3/3 body.

Well, I'm glad I got the brawl out of my system yesterday. 5 wins in a row and pretty good partners. Seems it quickly devolved into griefers or people who pay no attention to the strategies.

And, I understand buffing the Gargoyle is the easiest method, but you can win without it. I think it only happened in 3 out of my 5 games yesterday. As long as you have a minion with 30+ HP by the last trigger, and don't waste Inner Fire on turn 2 or something like that, the brawl is still winnable with all the other small crap. I had one game where Inner Fire was the last card and we still won handily.

I've just completed 5 without using either Inner Fire or Gargoyle (for anything meaningful). 4 times we had no board after he reached 60 hp and were still able to stabilize.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The griefing in brawl, people leaving on won games, come on men :(

I assume u already watch lokshadow.

Strong Pyro and battle rage turns are key to surviving and drawing your combo but small plays like getting 2 cards from acolyte are important too.

Also knowing your opponents deck is very important here so I don't suggest playing this deck below rank 16.

Yeah, my problem is I always tend to get my acolytes later on, after I've had to use my whirlwinds / etc. to maintain some level of board tempo.

I know it's meant to be a late game deck / 10 mana combo, but at the same time when the worgen, faceless, and my two patrons are in the last 10 cards of my deck I just concede and smh.

Mostly it's just bad card draws messing me up. Like I'll have all spells and no pyromancer or acolytes, or have all minions and no control / board clear spells.

I'll probably play another deck to get back up, cause I went from 16 to 20 last night lol.

Correct. It's considered a new minion after being resurrected and the "it" in the deathrattle has no valid target.

But if you Moat Lurker N'Zoth...

:D

Hycran

Banned
Most lurker is a strong card but I'm not going to bite for one reason: 6 mana.

All these people talking about lurking Sylv are either doing it after she has been coined of in turn 7. Playing a 3/6 on turn 7 is not a thing when Shaman can play a 7/7 on 4.

Most lurker is good for killing taunts (which might make the black knight a thing) and maybe some rank 20 shenanigans but that's it

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Most lurker is a strong card but I'm not going to bite for one reason: 6 mana.

All these people talking about lurking Sylv are either doing it after she has been coined of in turn 7. Playing a 3/6 on turn 7 is not a thing when Shaman can play a 7/7 on 4.

Most lurker is good for killing taunts (which might make the black knight a thing) and maybe some rank 20 shenanigans but that's it

It's only good for killing taunts if you have lethal otherwise. Once he gets killed taunt is right back in place.

Asbel

Yeah, my problem is I always tend to get my acolytes later on, after I've had to use my whirlwinds / etc. to maintain some level of board tempo.

I know it's meant to be a late game deck / 10 mana combo, but at the same time when the worgen, faceless, and my two patrons are in the last 10 cards of my deck I just concede and smh.

Mostly it's just bad card draws messing me up. Like I'll have all spells and no pyromancer or acolytes, or have all minions and no control / board clear spells.

I'll probably play another deck to get back up, cause I went from 16 to 20 last night lol.

But if you Moat Lurker N'Zoth...

:D

Maybe it's your mull not keeping you alive in the early turns. See the common mulls Lok does. http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/529774-legend-lokshadow-aggressive-otk-warrior

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Two EU Coop Shamans in a row decided to mill me for multiple cards for no apparent reason.

One more chance and I'm rerolling the Brawl quest.

This third guy is buffing the wrong minions and my gargoyle isn't going to survive the second wipe.

EU dumber than NA? Fuck my life.

Yeah, I played at lunch and we're halfway through the long match and winning when I heal my partner - and he starts spamming the threat emote.

I conceded just to piss him off. No time for assholes.

Dahbomb

It'll take me another week to get enough gold for this next wing. I don't feel like I'm missing out on much, though.

Also, I'm surprised to see so many Freeze Mage decks AND a Handlock at the prelims.
Everyone is banning out Warriors so Freeze Mage is playable. Both of these decks are decks that players have been playing for years and they are sort of married to them.

Ladekabel

In my quest to get the next legendary, I saved up 800 dust. Caved in to craft two Warleaders. Can't wait to open them in my next brawl pack.

Have the showcase matches on gamescom already happened?

Asbel

Good article from CompetitiveHS about some of the fallacies players and pros tend to fall into when reviewing cards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/4xxjsq/how_not_what_to_think_about_new_cards/

His assessment of Menagerie Warden and the Beast Druid deck overall pretty much mirrors mine as well. I just don't think it will be good enough since it will be generally out tempoed by the tempo decks in the meta currently.
I don't think u need to play beast druid and just drop in tiger and warden.

Dahbomb

Menagerie Warden is the biggest test to the whole "target minion for value" concept. If that card isn't good enough to push Beast Druid high then truly effects like that are really just too slow for the game.

Dahbomb

The card draw thing isn't too much of a big deal for Beast Druid.

It plays like Midrange Hunter and wants to end the game by turn 7/8. Midrange Hunter doesn't use much card draw, some cycle at the most. With two Wraths and two Marks, that's enough to get you by.

Sometimes looking at ceiling is still important. Tuskar Totemic is one such card. On average your results are just ok but the blow out potential is insane which is why people play it. Menagerie Warden is worth running just for that.

I don't think Menagerie Warden is in same tier as Dr Balanced, Call of the Wild or Mysterious Challenger.. but it's still a very good card.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
15 mins to Kara and none of the big streamers are on, apart from Savjz, who doesnt even try for Heroics :(

gutshot

The card draw thing isn't too much of a big deal for Beast Druid.

It plays like Midrange Hunter and wants to end the game by turn 7/8. Midrange Hunter doesn't use much card draw, some cycle at the most. With two Wraths and two Marks, that's enough to get you by.

Sometimes looking at ceiling is still important. Tuskar Totemic is one such card. On average your results are just ok but the blow out potential is insane which is why people play it. Menagerie Warden is worth running just for that.

I don't think Menagerie Warden is in same tier as Dr Balanced, Call of the Wild or Mysterious Challenger.. but it's still a very good card.

Hunter's hero power plus burst from KC and CotW allows it to close out a game after they've lost the board. Druid does not have that luxury. They can only win with board control.

Tuskarr isn't a great comparison because its effect is non-conditional. You can play it onto an empty board and still get full value out of it. It can actually be a great come-from-behind card because of that.

Yes, Menagerie's ceiling is high with copying a DotC or Tiger on curve. But that will happen like roughly a quarter of your games. Is that good enough to make what is currently a tier 4ish deck into tier 1? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom