• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

Super interested in all the arcane giant decks too... Especially a control mage variant but what Reynad is playing right now seems very promising. Think he'd be better off dropping Yogg though. Like right now if he had another charge instead of Yogg it'd be lethal.

Ah ok seems he's already planning to drop it.

Apathy

Yup now i remember exactly why i stopped playing this, my oppnents getting the exact cards they need and me sitting here without being able to draw like the 6 cards in my deck i need even when cycling hard

Well all my dust went into a 2nd doom hammer and forbidden healing, so much for dragon pally.

Yup now i remember exactly why i stopped playing this, my oppnents getting the exact cards they need and me sitting here without being able to draw like the 6 cards in my deck i need even when cycling hard

negativity bias.

KuroNeeko

Control / N'zoth paladin is one of those decks that seems like it would be really good, and maybe it would have been really good in, say, last cycle or so.

N'zoth was the first legendary I crafted when Whispers came out, and I even crafted a Tirion despite never playing Paladin because I was excited about N'zoth Pally (and Priest).

Turns out that both were a bust. ; . ;

fertygo

negativity bias.

yup

I remember peep always Complain Reno always at bottom if they playing reno deck

I didn't believe my luck is that much better than them and for me its just odd game if I don't find reno

the thing is you ded anyway at these day even if you draw reno
Control / N'zoth paladin is one of those decks that seems like it would be really good, and maybe it would have been really good in, say, last cycle or so.

N'zoth was the first legendary I crafted when Whispers came out, and I even crafted a Tirion despite never playing Paladin because I was excited about N'zoth Pally (and Priest).

Nah both still awesome.

Dahbomb

For Arcane Giant you kinda want cards that give double spells.

Stuff like Wild Growth and Raven Idol are excellent for this purpose. So are cards like Xaril or minions that give spells like Ivory Knight.

Apathy

It's good but the meta is too fast and it fucks you. They did a piss poor job of slowing it down and it means n'zoth paladin has no place on the ladder

jgminto

Haven't got the second wing yet but Arcane Giant seems pretty good so far, people will probably start running more hard removal if it becomes a regular pick.

KuroNeeko

yup

Nah both still awesome.

Not sure if you mean that objectively or subjectively, but neither deck has a presence on the ladder right now because they fare poorly against the rest of the "competitive" decks.

If they are awesome, then that means everything else is "awesomer".

I played N'zoth Priest, Paladin, and Rogue almost exclusively for the first six weeks. All three archtypes (and classes) are among the weakest decks in the meta with the N'zoth / Miracle Rogue hybrid as the one seeing the most (relative) success.

Apathy

Well all my dust went into a 2nd doom hammer and forbidden healing, so much for dragon pally.

negativity bias.

I've played enough of this bullshit to know thats not true. Literally just had a faceless summoner put out 10 damage on the board that went to my face, and when i dropped rag, oh yeah, my opponent just had poly not like i can draw a weapon early with 2 loot hoarders at the start right, naw, why would i get any luck?

fertygo

Not sure if you mean that objectively or subjectively, but neither deck has a presence on the ladder right now because they fare poorly against the rest of the "competitive" decks.

If they are awesome, then that means everything else is "awesomer".

I played N'zoth Priest, Paladin, and Rogue almost exclusively for the first six weeks. All three archtypes (and classes) are among the weakest decks in the meta with the N'zoth / Miracle Rogue hybrid as the one seeing the most (relative) success.

You cal slap N'zoth to various deck as win condition, its great asset to had

I pilot N'zoth deck for laddering for awhile now, as long you put Cairne and Sylvanas you can play N'zoth

Have Tirion? even better, you had best class legendary, its also good asset to had then.

squidyj

If he had a particular combo in mind, like a Maly Rogue or something, it might not have been that bad of a play. He might have needed to wait until he had sinister strikes in hand.

I think it's still questionable because now you're considering the relative ordering of the real thaurissan vs your combo pieces. If your deck isn't drawing to combo consistently then that's a failing of the deck that getting thaurissan off barnes won't really fix. IE it's probably better to get the 'innervates' off of barnes and be able to play more stuff to stay on top of the game than it is to try to hold onto this second thaurissan until you draw combo pieces.

Dahbomb

Haven't got the second wing yet but Arcane Giant seems pretty good so far, people will probably start running more hard removal if it becomes a regular pick.
It's time for his epic return:

73.png

The irony here is that he is going to be used to kill stuff below his mana cost a lot of the time.

I've played enough of this bullshit to know thats not true. Literally just had a faceless summoner put out 10 damage on the board that went to my face, and when i dropped rag, oh yeah, my opponent just had poly not like i can draw a weapon early with 2 loot hoarders at the start right, naw, why would i get any luck?

you're not really arguing that the shuffler algorithm is stacked against you, are you?
You're not getting any luck because your sample size is too small or not weol documented to determine that

gutshot

Not surprised Arcane Giant is finding a home in a lot of different decks. That seemed like one of the stronger cards out of the whole set.

Also, I wonder if Charge (the card, not the ability) will get nerfed at some point? It enables too many non-interactive, OTK comboes and we know Blizzard hates that (except in Freeze Mage, for some reason).

So Silverware Golem Heroic was pretty fun for me. I put down an Unstable Ghoul and for about six to ten turns, it didn't do anything at all. Even had a board full of cups and milled itself.

Good stuff.

Discardlock is so trash. Did manage to stabilize at 1 HP before winning in the class challenge though. XD

I got screwed so hard on that challenge. I had 2X Fist of Jaraxxus, Silverware Golem, and Dark Peddler in hand. Guess which card got discarded when I played Soul Fire. Two turns later, I still have the Fists and Golem plus 2 other cards when I throw out a Doomguard. Of course it threw out my only 2 non-discard synergy cards. I still beat it easily, but c'mon, that's just bullshit.

fertygo

Not surprised Arcane Giant is finding a home in a lot of different decks. That seemed like one of the stronger cards out of the whole set.

Also, I wonder if Charge (the card, not the ability) will get nerfed at some point? It enables too many non-interactive, OTK comboes and we know Blizzard hates that (except in Freeze Mage, for some reason).

Well Brode already indicate as much in one of his private twitch stream

vall03

I've been playing around Resurrect/Barnes Priest and it's so inconsistent. Haven't won a single match no matter how many times I change it. Granted, I don't exactly have a lot of cards and I've only played with my friends since I don't play ranked.

squidyj

my opponent plays yogg onto a board where i have sylvanas up, entombs my ragnaros, heals him, then kills my sylv, then when it's my yogg it pyroblasts me in the face. and does nothing useful for the next 7 spells

I should add this was my priest opponent who had 2 entombs and thoughtstole my entomb, giving him 4 entombs in the game.

Dahbomb

I've been playing around Resurrect/Barnes Priest and it's so inconsistent. Haven't won a single match no matter how many times I change it. Granted, I don't exactly have a lot of cards and I've only played with my friends since I don't play ranked.
Man even Kolento was brutalized in rank 14 playing that deck.

Apathy

until resurrect gets changed, it will always be too inconsistent to actually work

Dahbomb

Keep garbage like Tuskar Totemic in the game but thinking about nerfing Charge and removing the one of the few semi-playable combo decks in the game .

Typical Blizzard shenanigans.

Portugeezer

Maybe they should nerf Warrior's card draw? Why would anyone need to draw so much? Oh, some shitty OTK of course. Or inner rage?

Charge is not the problem, it's a good card, if they nerf it to the point not even OTK wants it, then why does it even exist?

Emperor will be gone soon anyway, the biggest culprit for many combos.

fertygo

Keep garbage like Tuskar Totemic in the game but thinking about nerfing Charge and removing the one of the few semi-playable combo decks in the game .

Typical Blizzard shenanigans.
Well they nerf shit in 4 month, tuskarr also gone in around 4 month, kinda the same lul

clav

I don't play anything before turn 3.

Here's the deck I use.

Here's mine right now although I think I want to take out the Injured Kvaldir.

Does more harm than good as it's not really a great piece to bring back to the board especially in a Priest vs. Priest matchup.

wpfStOi.png

I thought about adding silence, but adding it for just one card in the deck seems too slow. Adding Moat Lurkers would be ideal if I were to add silence, but I already have too many late mana plays.

I've beaten a Tempo Mage with this deck. So much synergy with the 2 mana Mage that reduces magic spells by 1.

Getting value out of the Flamewaker just makes it so irritating for the opponent I'd imagine.

butts

Ran into a dude running the arcane giant OTK deck Reynad was playing on stream. He had a full hand and plays Yogg for some reason. First spell is soulfire which discards his charge spell, then like 5 spells in it casts astral and dumps the rest of his hand, including all of the combo pieces.

His emoting stopped pretty shortly after that Yogg.

Pooya

what kind of combo decks are interactive. it's what it is, you hit a certain combo, you're supposed to win with. how else it can compete with tempo or control. it's just a sad excuse to nerf them yet somehow aggro shaman is interactive? I don't think so. last thing this game needs right now is getting dumbed down some more.

3 mana charge was never a problem, it's a slow deck with widely inconsistent results. sure needs nerfing!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Ancestral Spirit N'Zoth Shaman works with Barnes fairly well. They're the only class in the game besides priest with a decent silence for turning that Earth Elemental 1/1 taunt into a 7/7 taunt thanks to earth shock. Can also Ancestral Spirit the 1/1 to get it to full stats.

I like Moat Lurker in that deck too, as a way to guarantee deathrattle minions die for N'Zoth and get their effect to go off, and to make yet another Cairne in your plan to make a billion Cairnes against Control. It's also helped by Earth Shock being in your deck for silencing.

Moat Lurker also won me the game against a Tempo/Yogg Mage by Moat Lurkering his Arcane Golem to protect my Earth Elemental. Allowed my Earth Elemental to attack his face an extra time, while mage had to devote resources to killing the Moat Lurker ASAP.

Dahbomb

Tuskar Totemic summons Totem Golem on turn 3.

Shaman rolls a spell totem via RNG then rolls all 4 damage attack on Lightning Storm on relevant targets.

Animal Companion summons Huffer for exact lethal.

Flamewaker/Knife Juggler shenanigans.

Fun and interactive game play design.

what kind of combo decks are interactive.
Blizzard has a different definition of "combo" decks. They think the current Tempo Warrior deck is a combo deck because you use WW effects to combo with your minions to activate enrage synergies.

Apathy

not liking moat lurker at all. you're never in a good enough position unless you're winning to use it well,

if there are multiple minions with the same highest attack, does enter the coliseum select it based on the first one that was played or last?

clav

Moat Lurker is a slow card that punishes players for not removing your board, or it can be used to remove a taunt to win the game.

You could combo with silence, but who runs silence these days?

It's basically a weird Entomb that can push you more towards total board control, or it can bite you when used at the wrong time.

As for ETC, it randomly selects.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
not liking moat lurker at all. you're never in a good enough position unless you're winning to use it well,

if there are multiple minions with the same highest attack, does enter the coliseum select it based on the first one that was played or last?

From behind it's a better stall card than a lot of cards, but still not great.

One reason I chose Ancestral Spirit Shaman for him is that deck relies a lot on big Tharlson and Far Sight discounts, so it's a little easier to combo him same turn. There's also a 10 mana Barnes + Moat Lurker combo that requires no discount.

Probably still more fun than good, but usable at least.

Levi

Banned
We know it is stacked against Levi, why not Apathy?

No way man, I know how to draw my cards in the right order. Top decking and wrecking that's me. Who's the Golden Garrosh who always has War Axe on two? This fucking guy.

No, no, the matchmaking is stacked against Levi.

Fuck yeah it is! I don't give a shit anymore, I'm just gonna learn to win bad match ups since I'm not gonna see good ones.

New cards are awesome. Even the shit ones.

Adventure is awesome.

New content makes this game so much better... Wish we got it more often.

Mulgrok

As removal? That seems super expensive and inconsistent.

in a deathrattle deck where I use it on my guys or as removal. Good for stealing stuff or preventing them from wiping my board.

EDIT: 6 minions in my deck that don't have deathrattles. 18 with... Barnes pulls no deathrattle minions 6/6 times... wtf

Apathy

Barnes has only worked once well (Sylvanas). The rest have been terrible.

How much are you diluting your deck? Like the card obviously works best with deathrattles and end of turn effects. I know it's hard to cut out things that don't synergize with it but if you don't then you'll end up getting more and more of those moments you hate

look at me, i got just barely any "bad" barnes cards to pull out, hes already, back to back, pulled out harrison. just dumb. In my games hes pulled out the useless shit more than the useful stuff and thats with cutting back as much as possible

clav

I posted my deck earlier.

I don't think I'm diluting it much as I'm looking at Resurrect value.

What hurts is using Shadow Madness + Mindgames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom