• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

I posted my deck earlier.

I don't think I'm diluting it much as I'm looking at Resurrect value.

What hurts is using Shadow Madness + Mindgames.

like if you're looking for resurrect value then any of those cards would be fine for him to grab if you use it early in the game. It shouldn't matter about getting a good card like syl vs getting lets say a onyx bishop if you're playing the resurrect value.

Yeah. I guess I'm just annoyed having to pass Turn 1 and 2 usually in these games.

They're good for resurrecting.

But good Barnes targets are good on the Barnes pull, not on the resurrection. Now you're asking for RNG to be kind to you twice. Sylvannas and Ragnaros are good Barnes targets - they have a huge impact if you pull them, and they are fantastic on resurrection. Wounded Blademaster is not a good Barnes pull because you have an ability-less 1/1.

squidyj

i mean im not running barnes just to get a dope sylvanas or ragnaros. if i get an arcane giant off of barnes that puts one in my graveyard that i can convert with an onyx or a res.
If I drop blademaster on 3 and barnes on 4 there are at most 3 dudes in my graveyard, if I drop bishop on 5 and I'm picking between a 4/7 a 3/4 and some random minion from my deck I have a reasonable chance to do well based on curve and I have a small chance to hit something that has an effect as a 1/1 as well.

Apathy

i mean im not running barnes just to get a dope sylvanas or ragnaros. if i get an arcane giant off of barnes that puts one in my graveyard that i can convert with an onyx or a res.
If I drop blademaster on 3 and barnes on 4 there are at most 3 dudes in my graveyard, if I drop bishop on 5 and I'm picking between a 4/7 a 3/4 and some random minion from my deck I have a reasonable chance to do well based on curve and I have a small chance to hit something that has an effect as a 1/1 as well.

Exactly, thats the point of barnes in a resurrect deck. You shouldn't care one bit what the "cool" cards are, it's how small is the gy and how early you can use it to maximize the swing the res will give you.

Barnes for the value of the card when it gets summoned is a concern for other classes

Dahbomb

There's no way Hunter isn't tier 1 now. Seeing it all over ladder.

Slap in Barne, put in staple 2 drop Kindly Grandmother... good to go.

To the shock of no one.

Arcane Giant does work in Token Druid. I think you play this if you want a more aggressive style... I kinda like Ancient of Wars to hold down the aggression.

ZeroX03

Banned
There's no way Hunter isn't tier 1 now. Seeing it all over ladder.

Ehhh just because it's improved doesn't mean it's tier 1. I think Hunter is a really solid deck and fine for laddering, but what was keeping it from being tier 1 was it just not hitting as hard/fast as Shaman or Warlock. A good deck competing against amazing decks. You'll be seeing a whole bunch of Beast Druid on ladder next time this week too. Too soon to tell less than a day in and before the adventure is over.

My Midrange Hunter Barnes keeps giving me Houndmaster, the one non-effect non-beast in my deck because that's how I always roll with RNG.

Dahbomb

Prior to this adventure Hunter already had the 5th to 6th best deck in the game (so like high tier 2 almost tier 1) Getting 2-3 cards to put in their deck that increases their power level is a big deal especially when one of them improves their biggest weaknesses right now.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
How to beat Heroic Crone

Step 1: Play Paladin
Step 2: Put Flesheating Ghoul in your deck.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit!

fertygo

Ehhh just because it's improved doesn't mean it's tier 1.

Midrange Hunter already borderline tier 1 before Karazhan, the only thing that holding back statistic report site like Viscious to crown them despite their crazy winrate is the deck not really popular for some reason so the sample size is far smaller.

Improve them and poof, I also find it hard to believe if Hunter isn't tier 1 after these tryout session, they had great boost.

I just hope the secret hunter variant can optimized and great enough so we not just see the boring god curve hunter variant on meta.

ZeroX03

Banned
Currently 5/5 for Barnes getting me a useless Houndmaster. 17 minion deck, 10 with positive effects, all of which are Beasts except Barnes and Houndmaster.

I had fun on Heroic Crone with Murloc Knight and Murloc Warleaders. Taunt dudes on the right with strong Murlocs on right left.

It did get scary when the Crone got Sir Finley though.

I've played a custom resurrect priest for few hours around R15. Onyx bishop is insane card, if you can manipulate graveyard to contain good quality minions.

I played vs hunter. Priest of the Feast was my first minion, only used spells before that. He killed the priest, I played onyx bishop -> resurrected PotF. Turn 6 I play my 2nd bishop, PotF #2. The 1st bishop gets frost trapped and I play it at 7 mana. It was so good he had to use "summon all companions" to clear the board (didn't manage to clear it).

Real problem is turns 1 - 4, I have to somehow survive those turns without being in a losing position WHILE having not played any trash minions. Turn #3 injured blademasters are fine, but I'd like to include some 1- and 2-mana minions. But priest doesn't have any good ones except Northshire Cleric. I can use the 0-mana summoning spell to fill those slots, but in one game I got the Jewelled Scarab from it and resurrected that 1/1 twice during that game.

But resurrecting NC (combined with circle of healing) made me draw like 10 cards more than my opponent.

I've played a custom resurrect priest for few hours around R15. Onyx bishop is insane card, if you can manipulate graveyard to contain good quality minions.

I played vs hunter. Priest of the Feast was my first minion, only used spells before that. He killed the priest, I played onyx bishop -> resurrected PotF. Turn 6 I play my 2nd bishop, PotF #2. The 1st one gets frost trapped and I play it at 7 mana. It was so good he had to use "summon all companions" to clear the board (didn't manage to clear it).

Real problem is turns 1 - 4, I have to somehow survive those turns without being in a losing position WHILE having not played any trash minions. Turn #3 injured blademasters are fine, but I'd like to include some 1- and 2-mana minions. But priest doesn't have any good ones except Northshire Cleric.

But resurrecting NC (combined with circle of healing) made me draw like 10 cards more than my opponent.
The Standard Priest life.

Dragon priest has some really good minions for those slots, unfortunately many of the dragons rely on battlecries so I don't know about resurrecting them.
You absolutely do not want to resurrect a 1/4 or 2/1 for 2 mana.

I think the WotOG card...Embrace the Shadow? The 2-mana card that gives you the Auchenai effect. That's the ideal card to run in a resurrect deck, because you can wipe the board at any time turn 2+ if you have the combo, and it doesn't affect your resurrections, as you likely don't want Auchenai all that much compared to other options. If Resurrect Priest becomes a thing, Embrace the Shadow will be a standard card in that deck. Auchenai hardly survives the turn after the CoH wipe anyway, so I don't think it's a huge loss to the deck's overall power for the gained flexibility.

ZeroX03

Banned
I did throw a Tundra Rhino in my Hunter to try, and it was fun with Grandmother as you would expect. But probably not good enough to get a permanent slot.

I did throw a Tundra Rhino in my Hunter to try, and it was fun with Grandmother as you would expect. But probably not good enough to get a permanent slot.
The real glory of Tundra Rhino is as a "win more card" when you can play Savannah Highmane with Charge on the turn following it, or when you can CotW.

manhack

Man, it sucks needing to do quests but not wanting to risk your rank. And casual feels pointless.

Maybe I'm just weird.

Nah I feel that way sometimes, but start to realize you will get whatever rank you want if you put enough time in. The more you play the better.

Meanwhile I'm listening to everyone bitch about the "fast" meta and I'm getting my ass handed to me by Paladin, Priest and Control warriors. I dare you to try a new deck out against some of that bullshit.

ZeroX03

Banned
The real glory of Tundra Rhino is as a "win more card" when you can play Savannah Highmane with Charge on the turn following it, or when you can CotW.

Yeah getting "the turn following" with Tundra Rhino is the tough part. On 7 with the Grandmother before the Call works nicely and is a charge you can rely on. Again, probably not enough to play it, sometimes I love the Rhino and sometimes he's dead weight.

Just ran into a Shaman using that new Witchdoctor card and Totemic Might.

I felt kind of bad for beating them since they have to be working hard on trying to get something like that working.

fertygo

Really confused what to cut for Arcane Giant in Token Druid

really didn't like playing with 1 nourish and idol, despite player like thijs and lifecoach thinking 2 nourish is bad

but without 2 nourish, Druid enter topdecking mode so fast

Xanathus

The real power of Tundra Rhino is that the minions that come out from the deathrattles of Kindly Grandmother, Infested Wolf, and even Savannah Highmane are beasts which means if they're already on board you can just drop Rhino, trade them, and then trade the other minions as well.

The real power of Tundra Rhino is that the minions that come out from the deathrattles of Kindly Grandmother, Infested Wolf, and even Savannah Highmane are beasts which means if they're already on board you can just drop Rhino, trade them, and then trade the other minions as well.
T...trade?

You absolutely do not want to resurrect a 1/4 or 2/1 for 2 mana.

I think the WotOG card...Embrace the Shadow? The 2-mana card that gives you the Auchenai effect. That's the ideal card to run in a resurrect deck, because you can wipe the board at any time turn 2+ if you have the combo, and it doesn't affect your resurrections, as you likely don't want Auchenai all that much compared to other options. If Resurrect Priest becomes a thing, Embrace the Shadow will be a standard card in that deck. Auchenai hardly survives the turn after the CoH wipe anyway, so I don't think it's a huge loss to the deck's overall power for the gained flexibility.

I guess... I guess I could load up my low mana cards with circle of healing, flash heal and shadow word: pain. Then I'll include Embrace the Shadow. Hmm. Thanks, this way you can perhaps keep early game board clear and then start playing resurrect-worthy minions at turn 3 and beyond. I'll try some decks later tonight.

clav

I think I have to put Wild Pyromancer in Priest.

There's no way to counter aggro.

Everyone kills Priest of Feast when it's played.

I thought Hunter was supposed to be bad against Priest in terms of WoW background, but I guess that's wrong.

Mulgrok

I thought Hunter was supposed to be bad against Priest in terms of WoW background, but I guess that's wrong.

hunter was bad against pretty much only warrior.

lock and load + cloaked huntress wrecks against slower decks.

Gah - think i missed the grace period for the first week card back by a few hours. Either way, new adventure is as flavourful as ever. Love all the puns for the raid boss guests, and "we're off to find the wizard" was just brilliant.

I guess... I guess I could load up my low mana cards with circle of healing, flash heal and shadow word: pain. Then I'll include Embrace the Shadow. Hmm. Thanks, this way you can perhaps keep early game board clear and then start playing resurrect-worthy minions at turn 3 and beyond. I'll try some decks later tonight.
Let me know how it goes for you - I don't have Embrace the Shadow to try it out. :-(

Priests were horrible in WoW PvP. Hunters wreck them. Hunters are actually one of the better WoW PvP classes in general. Even once Arena was added, Druids were the healing kings. I have no idea what the PvP meta is like these days though, lol.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
hunter was bad against pretty much only warrior.

lock and load + cloaked huntress wrecks against slower decks.

Back when it was an exclusively face class. Funny that now Hunter is mostly only great against Warrior. Warrior has very few ways to efficiently deal with Savannah Highmane and CotW. Doesn't matter what style of hunter you run as long as you have those in your deck.

Helps that zoo is basically their only terrible matchup now, which I think they've never had an easy time with.

manhack

I think this week with the new Priest cards we will get a taste of what a Priest meta could be like:

31f.gif

clav

Let me know how it goes for you - I don't have Embrace the Shadow to try it out. :-(

Priests were horrible in WoW PvP. Hunters wreck them. Hunters are actually one of the better WoW PvP classes in general. Even once Arena was added, Druids were the healing kings. I have no idea what the PvP meta is like these days though, lol.
Thanks for your input.

No wonder everyone plays Warrior since it counters aggro the hardest.

My experience with WoW and Warcraft in general is limited. Played one month of it from a sale and never renewed. Didn't play any of the arts games as I was into StarCraft.

How did you cast so many of the Arcane Giants?

Once the giants cost 0 mana, he plays both, injures them, then plays blood warriors which gives you a copy of each injured minion on the field. The new copies also cost 0.

He should have held back the second set of giants of course. Going all in was overkill and a risk that was punished.

Thanks for your input.

No wonder everyone plays Warrior since it counters aggro the hardest.

My experience with WoW and Warcraft in general is limited. Played one month of it from a sale and never renewed. Didn't play any of the arts games as I was into StarCraft.
In WoW, Warriors use attacks based on their "rage". To get rage, you have to deal damage. You get a small, passive amount during combat, but it isn't very helpful in PvP. The only ways a Warrior can close distance are to start a fight with Charge, or to use some rage to close the distance. Thus, in WoW, Hunter vs. Warrior is all about who starts the fight. If the Warrior starts the fight, there's a good chance he wins. If the Hunter starts the fight, he will pretty much always win.

WoW is a bad PvP game.

Though this Warrior PvP video is pretty sick from back in the day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUPexEfCG7g

Wow fml Paladin vs Priest, at least I won this one but my opponent managed to get 3 sylvanas. I guess he stole mine from the deck and from the board and played his.
And also poor priest. The only thing I did until turn 4, where I coined out a Kodo, was humiliate a 3/5 and he only ever managed to get me down to 12 curving out with his dragon minions.

vall03

So I tried playing with my Resurrect Priest on Ranked and I just went from 19 to 20. 2W and 3L. Surprisingly enough, none of my opponents were playing with meta decks. I still don't know why I'm playing a lot of Priest, I guess the class is just overall fun and it fits my playstyle. Also had a great match against my friend, though I ultimately lost due to misplays. Still waiting for the rest of Karazhan so I can try out a Dragon Paladin and also create that Dragon/Beast/Murloc deck lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom