• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Barnes is a midrange Hunter and Miracoli Rogue card?

giphy.gif

Barnes is such a great card because even when you dont get the extreme gimmick you want a 1/1+3/4 for 4 is ok.
Hence hes likely to show up in a ton of decks,since he doesnt always require extreme work arounds to put in a deck.

Barnes is such a great card because even when you dont get the extreme gimmick you want a 1/1+3/4 for 4 is ok.
Hence hes likely to show up in a ton of decks,since he doesnt always require extreme work arounds to put in a deck.

Yeah, Barnes is a reasonable card if it just pulls a vanilla 1/1, but he has a huge upside. And it's not like Yogg where it can blow up in your face and instantly lose you the game. Barnes's worst case scenario is that he's a decent 4 drop. He may not be a consistent game winner on his own, but he'll always be a fine play.

Yeah, Barnes is a reasonable card if it just pulls a vanilla 1/1, but he has a huge upside. And it's not like Yogg where it can blow up in your face and instantly lose you the game. Barnes's worst case scenario is that he's a decent 4 drop. He may not be a consistent game winner on his own, but he'll always be a fine play.

Meh, I think it is arguable that he isn't a great 4 drop. You'll often have no hope of taking advantage of him if he hits big on turn 4. Only deathrattles perhaps. I think it is also pertinent that a 4/5 4cc is definitely not good enough. It's not... bad... but it's also just not good enough to be ran... see chillwind yeti, and 3/4 + 1/1 is not as powerful as chillwind yeti althoug not quite as bad as 2/4 + 2/1 (the 4 drop that summons a mech dragon).

Dahbomb

He's a godlike 4 drop in Hunter. Often time he will be a superior Shredder.

I do agree that in Deathrattle decks is where he is the best on turn 4. Other decks probably want to play him a bit later to get the combos off.

Heropon

Finally crafted Call of the Wild twice and I don't know how I've lived without it all these months. So powerful, so unfair! A really cheap legendary card. The other new additions to the deck are very good (Barnes and the wolf) so now I'm not afraid of playing in ranked when I get a Hunter quest like before.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Barnes is also pretty good in Secret Paladin in Wild.

I had not thought about this but yes. An almost unavoidable Avenge target (cuz of the 2 bodies), and a pretty darn good shot at getting something good from the 1/1 (Minibot, Belcher, Rag, shredder,Tirion all great targets, really only MC is bad).

f0lken

After trying to make a witch deck work, and several iterations that caused me to from 12 to 19, then from 16 to 18 and so on, I finally managed to make a consistent deck that is now hovering around 8-7 level (and once this >.< close to 6).

One thing I learned is to use primal fusión on one of the normal tótems you summon from the witch, that way you will put pressure on eliminating the tótem or the witch. it has bloodlust as primary finisher, then Ragnaros, then Nzoth, then Thunderbluff but you can win if you put enough pressure on the board.

vGETfMc.png

After trying to make a witch deck work, and several iterations that caused me to from 12 to 19, then from 16 to 18 and so on, I finally managed to make a consistent deck that is now hovering around 8-7 level (and once this >.< close to 6).

One thing I learned is to use primal fusión on one of the normal tótems you summon from the witch, that way you will put pressure on eliminating the tótem or the witch. it has bloodlust as primary finisher, then Ragnaros, then Nzoth, then Thunderbluff but you can win if you put enough pressure on the board.

vGETfMc.png

isnt wicked witchdoctor strictly worse than violet teacher though?

Not strictly because of totem synergy. Shaman has gained a lot of totem synergy over the past couple expansions too. I think violet teacher is not worth running over witchdoctor in shaman, but I doubt witchdoctor is worth running over other shaman archetypes. I think even without totem synergy, 3 of 4 of the totems have text whereas 1/1s from violet teacher do not. I dunno if it's a worthwhile trade off, but it's there.

Even master of evolution is pretty much on the backburner due to the high density of quality shaman cards available atm. Granted, that is kinda because MOE requires initiative to get that full value out of him. Still pretty telling that even a 4/5 4cc with an upside is not being played in shaman.

Dahbomb

Shamans don't run Unbound Elemental even though the card is very threatening. They would just rather use the high roller Tuskar Totemic to cheese out games and cheat out Thing of the Deep.

Current Shaman is a mish mash of some brutally over powered cards. Thing of the Deep and Tuskar Totemic don't necessarily belong in the same deck as Tunnel Trogg and Faceless (you wmean instead run Draenie Carver in 4 slot) but they are slapped together because they are all strong standalone.

clav

Playing priest makes you build decks that don't care about winning and just how to mess with your opponent as long as possible.

squidyj

I hate losing to people with garbage decks.

fucking herp derp motherfuckers. Hate being the one win they pull while smashing their face into every rung on their way down the ladder like total fucking morons.

manhack

I hate losing to people with garbage decks.

fucking herp derp motherfuckers. Hate being the one win they pull while smashing their face into every rung on their way down the ladder like total fucking morons.

I can't wait to destroy people with Purify Priest

In 1 out of 20 games

Shamans don't run Unbound Elemental even though the card is very threatening. They would just rather use the high roller Tuskar Totemic to cheese out games and cheat out Thing of the Deep.

Current Shaman is a mish mash of some brutally over powered cards. Thing of the Deep and Tuskar Totemic don't necessarily belong in the same deck as Tunnel Trogg and Faceless (you wmean instead run Draenie Carver in 4 slot) but they are slapped together because they are all strong standalone.

the totally go together in midrange builds, it's that they are run in aggro builds that's telling.

So is resurrection priest going to be viable? Seems like it would work with a couple of clerics and loot hoarders for early game then have a bunch of big baddies and Barnes for mid to late, then lots of removal of course.

f0lken

I tried it previously to this wing with them and another Thunder Bluff instead of the witches and Barnes to test, and no, in this deck the witch is way better tan violet teacher, the synergy makes it play way different.

In this deck these cards benefit from tótems and not apprentices:

1 Totemic might
2 Primal Fusion
2 TFB
1 Thunder bluff valiant
And all the spells that inflict damage, because 80%+ of the time you will have a wind tótem.

So it doesn´t really play like token druid for example even if in appareance the goal is similar

Fixed1979

What the hell is going on with these face decks? I've played a rogue a hunter and a warrior who've all played wolfrider...I'm just messing around in casual mode but this doesn't seem right.

_DrMario_

Just played a game with Res priest where the first and only minion to die on my side was the Confessor Paletress I summoned on turn 7. The next turn after it was killed I had a bishop, Paletress and and Soggoth on the board...

This might just be the most fun deck I've played since Fatigue Warrior before Old Gods came out and took a dump on that deck.

manhack

What the hell is going on with these face decks? I've played a rogue a hunter and a warrior who've all played wolfrider...I'm just messing around in casual mode but this doesn't seem right.

Casual is 5% people testing new decks and 95% aggro decks used to complete quests without ladder anxiety.

Avoid unless you don't care.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hey guys which decks are supposed to be high skill instead of the brainless low skill hunter I apparently play?

Levi

Banned
Spent my lunch break testing Barnes. Put him in Token Druid, drew him twice, the first time I thought I was going to Barnes / Innervate / Power of the Wild (had two 1/1s on board) but then I drew Fandral which ended up being a much better play with that board state and hand.

Second time he got me a 1/1 Azure drake, which drew out a Pyromancer from a Worgen Warrior, which helped me snowball a later board state into a win.

I then put him in Midrange Hunter--3-0, only time I played him he got me a 1/1 Kindly Grandmother which my opponent ignored until I used Houndmaster on it.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Moat Lurker works with Unearthed Raptor but does not work with Faceless Manipulator.

More Blizzard inconsistency at work.

Wait, really?

That's very important to know for the deck I'm playing. I haven't been able to do that yet, but it was a combo I would probably do eventually since I'm running two Faceless Manipulators and a Moat Lurker.

Kinda mad they didn't catch that bug.

rahji

ok that tavern brawl is driving me crazy. to make it worse i got the "win 5 tavern brawls" quest. I cannot believe how some guys are playing. If you have that quest, get rid of it asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom