• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Watched the entire reynad vod with giants

Shit seems fun

clav

Un-nerf Molten Giant IMO.

That's another.

It was always good to pull those two together and then taunt up.

Instead Sea Giant's design is considered acceptable when pushing tempo.

I don't understand.

So now everyone who liked that style of play transitioned to Warrior + Justicar.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Arcane Giant is just another card that works well in warrior because their removal spells are still the best.

Honestly, I wonder if the only way to bring the other classes up to parity is to give them equivalently powerful removals in the base set. Whether that be through weapons or spells or insane taunts (Belcher was probably the reason slow decks were possible before Wild, that card alone probably did it for lots of classes).

fertygo

Faceless Shambler can replace Molten Giant just fine in giant taunt deck

Problem is lack of healing in warlock that made Shaman can pull handlock big minion shenanigan better because healing wqve and hellazeal.

Pooya

when people are going to get bored of midrange hunter? it's so bad. I'm playing my slow ass maly rogue deck and I've almost 100 percent winrate against hunter and there are so many of them! I just smorc them down with Edwin or something, sap whatever they play, they die before even they can play call of the wild or for it to be of any impact. Even with kindly grandmother, the deck is still barely tier 2 at best. Call of the Wild aside, the deck is just full of mediocre cards, even Highmanes I feel are somewhat slow now to make a difference. I'd guess against control it should be ok but other than that meh.

Kettch

I started out this wing playing Yogg-Giant mage and Barnes-Nzoth hunter, and while they were pretty good overall I had some bad losses against Druid. Switching over to a Yogg-Giant-Fandral druid and it's just been disgusting. I can only imagine what stupid decks they'll have with the new 6 drop.

Also, I never really played Yogg before this expansion. I always thought I was getting unlucky in the past when opponents played it, but it actually comes out with quite a good result a lot of the time. I don't think it's cost me a game yet that wasn't a desperation play, while it's come up with a good number of miracles.

fertygo

I started out this wing playing Yogg-Giant mage and Barnes-Nzoth hunter, and while they were pretty good overall I had some bad losses against Druid. Switching over to a Yogg-Giant-Fandral druid and it's just been disgusting. I can only imagine what stupid decks they'll have with the new 6 drop.

Also, I never really played Yogg before this expansion. I always thought I was getting unlucky in the past when opponents played it, but it actually comes out with quite a good result a lot of the time. I don't think it's cost me a game yet that wasn't a desperation play, while it's come up with a good number of miracles.

yo decklist pls, I don't have Yogg yet but already had the token druid pieces assembled

crafting Yogg will the first thing that I do this month

Ladekabel

Being a dick and playing Tempo Warrior when everyone is trying new cards. I'm being punished by not getting Fiery Win Axe at turn 2.

cHinzo

Kinda stupid how Mage lost both Duplicate and Echo of Medivh. Could have been pretty fun to play Echo Mage with the new Arcane Giants.

Kinda stupid how Mage lost both Duplicate and Echo of Medivh. Could have been pretty fun to play Echo Mage with the new Arcane Giants.

They're cool cards, my favorite use was for the Infinite Damage Mage.

But I really don't want to deal with decks that get multiple uses from Reno.

squidyj

they probably wouldn't have printed arcane giant if echo was still standard.
instead they give it over to warriors with blood warriors ayyyyyyyyyyyy.

BTW, looking for someone to play on my friendslist
NA Squidyj#1124

Oh man I was actually thinking about that for a yogg Mage. Totally forgot Echo was cycled out. Still want to tinker with a resurrect priest. It is just not a class I am familiar with.

Having a lot of fun playing Nzoth Barnes hunter right now though. Class has ways of creating minions through spells thus it won't dilute the Barnes synergy. And still gives me plenty to play early and even stalls the early game as many are fearful of triggering traps so I catch them tapping and passing. At this point the only vanilla summon Barnes would bring in would be Nzoth in my deck. Still waiting for the dream Ragnaros or Ysera drop.

Can't wait for medivh so I can try him in Yogg and Load. Medivh into back to back Call of the wild would be the dream, and thus will only happen once. Gotta say there are a lot of fun things coming out of this expansion. Burgle Rouge I am excited to try even!

Kettch

yo decklist pls, I don't have Yogg yet but already had the token druid pieces assembled

crafting Yogg will the first thing that I do this month

2x Innervate
2x Living Roots
2x Raven Idol
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
2x Mark of Ysaarj
2x Power of the Wild
2x Wild Growth
2x Wrath
2x Druid of the Flame
1x Mounted Raptor
1x Fandral
2x Swipe
2x Violet Teacher
2x Azure Drake
2x Nourish
1x Yogg-Saron
2x Ancient Giant

Only card I'm not ecstatic about is Mountain Raptor, but it's passable, helps with the Mark at least. Maybe Feral Rage is a replacement if I keep hitting face decks.

Dahbomb

Arcane Giant hits 0 mana more often than Molten Giant.

Unnerfed Molten Giant would not be that good in Standard (in the current meta). With such sub par heals in Standard, Control Locks are forced to run Reno anyway.

It mostly got banned because people/Blizzard were fed up of Handlock and they expected a slow meta and were afraid that Handlock would dominate these new decks.

Honestly removal of Chow, Healbot, Belcher and Dark Bomb were bigger nerfs to Handlock than Mountain Giant.

fertygo

Priest of The feast and Onyx Bishop actually pretty dang good from what I see

can't wait for 1 mana frostbolt heal 3 to enemy hero that priest gonna get at next expansion then!

Levi

Banned
All the bs decks in this game and the only one that makes me so angry I can barely see straight is Astral Communion Druid

Just beat this asshole who thought his turn 5 Ragnaros was hot shit and I'm still shaking.

greepoman

5 hunters in a row. Nice bullshit deck you got there. Enjoy the rope, just like the good old days.

OlZeDhX.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
All the bs decks in this game and the only one that makes me so angry I can barely see straight is Astral Communion Druid

Just beat this asshole who thought his turn 5 Ragnaros was hot shit and I'm still shaking.

That's not normal.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Got another 80g play a friend quest on eu if anyones interested

Shinypogs

Got my first legendary card the other day, super disappointed it was Harrison Jones. On the other hand I really am loving this week's tavern brawl, it's finally dragged me back into playing regularly.

Levi

Banned
Got my first legendary card the other day, super disappointed it was Harrison Jones. On the other hand I really am loving this week's tavern brawl, it's finally dragged me back into playing regularly.

Harrison was also my first legendary way back in January, 2015. You shouldn't be disappointed, it's a very good one. There are a Lot of worse legendaries you could have pulled.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

That's a great tech card that can go into tons of decks and is very good with all the weapons around with warriors, hunters and shamans everywhere and the medivh staff being released soon.

God damn I feel like my opponent had to have played this wrong if I win against Cthun warrior with Nzoth Pally. He brawled then Harrison'd my ashbringer already at fatigue, I guess that was the mistake but I also don't know his other available plays. Ended up living with 3 HP and his 20/20 Cthun for the win.?

Wtf mage attacks my 1/1 with apprentice then pings my face...

Shinypogs

Harrison was also my first legendary way back in January, 2015. You shouldn't be disappointed, it's a very good one. There are a Lot of worse legendaries you could have pulled.

That's a great tech card that can go into tons of decks and is very good with all the weapons around with warriors, hunters and shamans everywhere and the medivh staff being released soon.

I know it's not the worst I could have gotten but it's also not a legendary I was really hoping for either. I mostly play zoolock and am attempting to build a freeze mage and a hunter deck based around beasts. I mostly just use acidic swamp ooze if the opponent has a weapon but I'll see if I can fit harrison in as well.

Levi

Banned
Did a 3 win Warrior quest while I was waiting for Mr. Cola to show up on EU (he never did, oh well), brawled an N'zoth Rogue's full board of resurrected deathrattles, filling their hand with coins and random Huckster generated cards, causing them to burn their Sap, which would have won them the game had they had it.

Instead, my North Sea Kraken stuck on the board for two turns and did 18 face damage. Finished them with a 7 attack Gorehowl, which is always a joy when you can do that.

I know it's not the worst I could have gotten but it's also not a legendary I was really hoping for either. I mostly play zoolock and am attempting to build a freeze mage and a hunter deck based around beasts. I mostly just use acidic swamp ooze if the opponent has a weapon but I'll see if I can fit harrison in as well.

It's a tier one Legendary when you could have gotten Lorewalker Cho, Nat Pagle, Illidan, The Beast, Gruul, Nozdormu, Millhouse Manastorm, Mukla or Velen.

Hunter is so fucking broken now lol.

Can't say I'm surprised though. Saw it coming a mile away.

Time for ladder to be nothing but Hunter vs. Hunter to see who draws better.

manhack

Hunter is so fucking broken now lol.

Can't say I'm surprised though. Saw it coming a mile away.

Time for ladder to be nothing but Hunter vs. Hunter to see who draws better.

While they are probably on the way to Tier 1 during this meta, I haven't had any major issues against them. That said when they curve out, all you have to do is miss one mana of efficiency and you are pretty screwed.

Dahbomb

While they are probably on the way to Tier 1 during this meta, I haven't had any major issues against them. That said when they curve out, all you have to do is miss one mana of efficiency and you are pretty screwed.
So basically the hallmark of every tier 1 deck except Token Druid.

Pooya

I can tell you I have had zero problems with hunters with my list, actually even teched to farm them even harder lol..

1471668530-maly.png

I'm a believer of argent horserider in rogue. You need some 3 drops that you can play without combo, they are like extras SI7 on top, can slam it into war axe, kills like everything in opening of hunter and mage, not bad elsewhere either. I like it a lot. If I get it from Barnes, it's just a 3/4 summon a 1/1, deal 1 damage, I'm quite ok with that. Farseer does absolutely nothing these days, it's irrelevant. Horserider is great for dealing with freezing trap too, that could be game losing.

I think Barnes is just a better violet teacher for rogue, you can't really afford to go all in with teacher in post flurry era in gadgetzan decks, it's only useful against zoo and not much else.

wiibomb

I can tell you I have had zero problems with hunters with my list, actually even teched to farm them even harder lol..

1471668530-maly.png

I'm a believer of argent horserider in rogue. You need some 3 drops that you can play without combo, they are like extras SI7 on top, can slam it into war axe, kills like everything in opening of hunter and mage, not bad elsewhere either. I like it a lot. If I get it from Barnes, it's just a 3/4 summon a 1/1, deal 1 damage, I'm quite ok with that. Farseer does absolutely nothing these days, it's irrelevant. Horserider is great for dealing with freezing trap too, that could be game losing.

I think Barnes is just a better violet teacher for rogue, you can't really afford to go all in with teacher in post flurry era in gadgetzan decks, it's only useful against zoo and not much else.

I could craft that deck if only I had Malygos (and well, SL:7 Agent, but that's easy)

I saw trump use it.. it is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom