• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

I don't really see how hunter is all that good compared with before, I can't even win with it much, and I'm not losing to it either. maybe at rank 15 it's an overwhelming but I don't really see it. I'm not sure kindly grandmother is even that great, it's better than what hunter had before which was nothing...

Levi

Banned
I don't really see how hunter is all that good compared with before, I can't even win with it much, and I'm not losing to it either. maybe at rank 15 it's an overwhelming but I don't really see it. I'm not sure kindly grandmother is even that great, it's better than what hunter had before which was nothing...

Hey, hey, hey... I'm rank 9, not rank 15.

Thanks for pointing out my matches and experiences are irrelevant, though, really appreciate it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

i'm not even sure it's better than huge toad in a lot of situations

Levi

Banned
but I thought the matchmaking is out to get you?

Not sure how that's relevant to whether Hunter is a top tier deck or not? (I'm not convinced it is, either, but it's worth testing now with the new cards).

HCT is on, I'm rooting for Amnesiac and Fibonacci. (and a bunch more, lol)

You crazy. It is way harder to clear. Negates war axe.

Same guy that thinks Warriors new shitty weapon negates Call of the Wild.

wiibomb

I know Validated Doomsayer is a bad card, but I'm in love with the quotes of it..

'I was right all... along wooHAAHA'

'WOHAHAHAHA'

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Oh man I am a dumbass. I had freezing trap up, dude played reno, and I didn't kill him...

I ended up having lethal before he could play him again but man I am stupid.

So much venom in this thread.

Kindly Grandmother is a great card. Is it always better than Huge Toad? The only situation I can think where I would rather have Huge Toad on the board is against Priests, because the 1-damage ping lets them draw, while Huge Toad doesn't. In every other situation, I prefer Kindly Grandmother.

Barnes is extraordinarily powerful. Even if he pulls a blank 1/1, he's still giving you 4/5 in stats for 4 mana - hardly a problem.

bunbun777

Aggro shaman is the worst. I'll take priests and hunters and slow ass warrior matchups all day rather than even a 7 round shaman match lol.

In other news my gold Barnes is legit. Loving the turn 3 showmanship of "garosh, you are not fit to rule the horde".

I thought it was interesting that the Discardlock deck for the Class Challenge uses that new 4/3 to give you damage-less lifetaps.

Edit: When your opponent leaves Cult Master on the board for 4 turns in a row.

bjaelke

Levi

Banned
so guys do you think totem shaman is still a thing? made a deck with some help and I am having a blast at rank 15.

It's still a good deck, lots of strong cards and synergies. I think regular midrange is probably better but I also strongly support playing the deck you like better even if it's not what has been deemed the best.

Acerac

Banned
I wonder if it could be worth running Huhuran now that kindly grandmother is a thing. She was never terrible, it was just awkward to try to use her battlecry effectively.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I wonder if it could be worth running Huhuran now that kindly grandmother is a thing. She was never terrible, it was just awkward to try to use her battlecry effectively.

Combined with Barnes she might be starting to get closer to playable.

Heh, was looking through files on my computer. Forgot I had this from January of this year.

worstclassriunx.png

DSmalls84

Have people started running cloaked huntress and more traps in midrange Hunter now or just sticking with 2x freezing trap and adding kindly grandmother/Barnes?

Levi

Banned
Looking forward to this tourney all week, and there's already been 3 disconnects which has made watching it incredibly frustrating.

Have people started running cloaked huntress and more traps in midrange Hunter now or just sticking with 2x freezing trap and adding kindly grandmother/Barnes?
I think everyone is in the experimental phase. Some are going full Huntress and running Lock n' Load + Yogg. Some are just going from no secrets to a few secrets. Some aren't using her at all (I'm not). In my hope of hopes, it stays like this and there are multiple variations to Hunter now based on personal preference.

Right now I've lost 2 matches going from ranks 19 to 12 this morning with my own variation, and I bet I'm the only one using it. ;-)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just crafted Nzoth, trying out a hunter deck with him. With how sticky some of the small deathrattles like harvest golem and infested tauren, along with all the ones hunter has, it can be hard to remove these boards. Fun stuff.

Levi

Banned
I think everyone is in the experimental phase. Some are going full Huntress and running Lock n' Load + Yogg. Some are just going from no secrets to a few secrets. Some aren't using her at all (I'm not). In my hope of hopes, it stays like this and there are multiple variations to Hunter now based on personal preference.

I generally don't like running secrets in Hunter, and I don't think Cloaked Huntress is enough to change that since you still have to draw all those secrets with no good draw engine in the deck.

I'm not a Hunter expert (hence my request for criticism of my sorta homebrew deck and plays a bit upthread) so it's quite possible Cloaked Huntress is just correct to play but my opinion (which can be safely ignored since my highest rank achieved is 6) is that standard Midrange Hunter is better than the other hunter variants.

Also worth noting that midrange Hunter is the strongest variant against my favorite deck might be coloring my opinions. The relief I feel when I realize I'm facing Hybrid Hunter or Yogg Hunter when I'm queuing Control Warrior is real.

ZeroX03

Banned
Every Cloaked Huntress I've come up against who's tried to Xmas tree against me, I just shrug it off and knock off the secrets one at a time because it's not like there's huge synergy or a game winning combo from them. It's just a different way to stall until Highmane and Call and less reliable than the usual curve for my liking. They also run out of a hand without Lock and Load, which was always an unstable lucky fun deck.

Hopefully I'm wrong, I like secret Hunter as an idea.

Mulgrok

Every Cloaked Huntress I've come up against who's tried to Xmas tree against me, I just shrug it off and knock off the secrets one at a time because it's not like there's huge synergy or a game winning combo from them. It's just a different way to stall until Highmane and Call and less reliable than the usual curve for my liking. They also run out of a hand without Lock and Load, which was always an unstable lucky fun deck.

The only game winning combo is lock and load + trap spam, from my experience.

I generally don't like running secrets in Hunter, and I don't think Cloaked Huntress is enough to change that since you still have to draw all those secrets with no good draw engine in the deck.

I'm not a Hunter expert (hence my request for criticism of my sorta homebrew deck and plays a bit upthread) so it's quite possible Cloaked Huntress is just correct to play but my opinion (which can be safely ignored since my highest rank achieved is 6) is that standard Midrange Hunter is better than the other hunter variants.

Also worth noting that midrange Hunter is the strongest variant against my favorite deck might be coloring my opinions. The relief I feel when I realize I'm facing Hybrid Hunter or Yogg Hunter when I'm queuing Control Warrior is real.

I think that we won't know for sure until the 4/7 secret taunt drops.

Levi

Banned
I think that we won't know for sure until the 4/7 secret taunt drops.

That's a good point.

Who knows, maybe Eater of Secrets will end up in the Standard meta in a couple weeks to counter all these Secret Hunters and Secret Mages.
It won't.

Pooya

That Avian Watcher probably only reasonable in mage and even secret paly, in hunter? eh, I'm not sure about that. You need to have secret for it to even have taunt unfortunately, you can't play it as a fen creeper. Hunter can't draw cards for these combo wombos be worth running. They probably have to give hunter a card that draws secrets for any of this to work reliably.

I can see some kind of control mage with iceblock, medivh's valet and that card work. When I started hearthstone I was playing control mage for a long time, I like to go back to it. It's the most fun control deck and these cards seem strong enough.

Levi

Banned
I can see some kind of control mage with iceblock, medivh's valet and that card work. When I started hearthstone I was playing control mage for a long time, I like to go back to it. It's the most fun control deck and these cards seem strong enough.

Grinder Mage / Fatigue Mage / Concede Mage / Control Mage--I would welcome any of these decks into tier one. Any slow Mage deck that isn't fucking Freeze or fucking Reno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom