• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

greepoman

Abar just play the luckiest series that I ever seen

god starting hand, god draw in every turn, just unreal

holy fuck

Not only that Terrence drew probably the worst he could as well along with his peddlers being garbage.

I feel if Abar was able to pick from his deck each turn he would've picked those cards each turn.

Man, been getting some fun cards from Swashburgler. I hope there's a deck that gets based off of stealing cards. Probably won't be that good though.

My best so far was tirion and I could play it immediately.

I think an ethereal peddler deck could be viable because frankly swashburglar has been pretty good just tossed into random decks. And huckster is pretty good as well.

I am planning on making a certain deck when peddler comes out.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Anybody else feel almost no compulsion to go for legend? Reaching rank 5 feels like the end of the road for me and I'm super content with sticking there.

Anybody else feel almost no compulsion to go for legend? Reaching rank 5 feels like the end of the road for me and I'm super content with sticking there.
I don't even have the compulsion to hit rank 5 anymore. It's such a grindy RNG-fest. I'm happy just completing quests and buying packs here and there.

Also, I would think people would be interested in this situation.

Discovered a Moat Lurker from Journey Below and used it in a Sylvanas Combo.

Priest used Shadow Madness and traded off the Moat Lurker and I still got my Sylvanas back. So it's a very case by case basis on the minion.

My crappy priest expiremental deck @ R19 and I keep running into golden heroes with netdecks. Is it my golden portrait/1000+ games played that screws with the matchmaking or something? Or is ranked just devoid of other people?

I guess it's nice to know that once I manage to climb ranks I know I can go all the way to the top.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I don't even have the compulsion to hit rank 5 anymore. It's such a grindy RNG-fest. I'm happy just completing quests and buying packs here and there.

I was bouncing around rank 9-12 for the entire month then today put together a nzoth hunter that streaked me straight to 6 then was able to pretty quickly grind to 5. Two months in a row now the reason I made 5 was because of insane streaks with hunter.

fertygo

I kinda want because after get to rank 5, my winrate only stuck around 50% so I just bounce back and forth, so that kinda indicate I still have a lot to improve at least in patience

get tilted at those rank is so free slide lmao

and I want legend cardback for early concede at casual/low rank/brawl for few opponent lol

I will grind to legend once I get Tirion + two Mysterious Challengers so it's as painless as possible.

My crappy priest expiremental deck @ R19 and I keep running into golden heroes with netdecks. Is it my golden portrait/1000+ games played that screws with the matchmaking or something? Or is ranked just devoid of other people?

I guess it's nice to know that once I manage to climb ranks I know I can go all the way to the top.
:(

I was bouncing around rank 9-12 for the entire month then today put together a nzoth hunter that streaked me straight to 6 then was able to pretty quickly grind to 5. Two months in a row now the reason I made 5 was because of insane streaks with hunter.
What's your N'Zoth Hunter deck?

Of the ~100 or so N'Zoth Hunter games I've played, I've only used N'Zoth in ~5 of them. It makes me wonder if I really should bother.

I'm only 25 wins away from golden Hunter portrait, so maybe I should just ride it out.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
:(

What's your N'Zoth Hunter deck?

Of the ~100 or so N'Zoth Hunter games I've played, I've only used N'Zoth in ~5 of them. It makes me wonder if I really should bother.

I'm only 25 wins away from golden Hunter portrait, so maybe I should just ride it out.

Lol, yeah i played like 15 games with nzoth hunter so far and played nzoth once. But the deathrattle minions are so sticky and nzoth can do an even bigger comeback than cotw.

I just threw the nzoth hunter together without much reference.

S6wVSsC.jpg

hey guys i've been ripping thru wild with this deck but do u think i should add a second juggler? can't decide what to drop for it (not pictured 2x cotw obvi)

i'm not getting rid of barnes he has a 75% chance of pulling a value minion
9LkmgC1.jpg

manhack

That Avian Watcher probably only reasonable in mage and even secret paly, in hunter? eh, I'm not sure about that. You need to have secret for it to even have taunt unfortunately, you can't play it as a fen creeper. Hunter can't draw cards for these combo wombos be worth running. They probably have to give hunter a card that draws secrets for any of this to work reliably.

I can see some kind of control mage with iceblock, medivh's valet and that card work. When I started hearthstone I was playing control mage for a long time, I like to go back to it. It's the most fun control deck and these cards seem strong enough.

Control mage is one of my favorites 2. I've started F2P accounts on EU and Asia over the past year and control mage was my go to deck to get Rank 19-20 without many cards.

I really miss duplicate and echo of medivh. They were the backbone to some amazing decks.

Dahbomb

hey guys i've been ripping thru wild with this deck but do u think i should add a second juggler? can't decide what to drop for it (not pictured 2x cotw obvi)

9LkmgC1.jpg
You drop the Nerubian Egg because you don't have a lot of activators for it.

You should also drop Sir Finley and one other card for double Eaglehorns. Probably Feign Death because that card isn't that good.

You drop the Nerubian Egg because you don't have a lot of activators for it.

You should also drop Sir Finley and one other card for double Eaglehorns. Probably Feign Death because that card isn't that good.

nerubian egg is great with feign death and the 2x argus, and if barnes pulls it you get 8/9 for 4 mana. i only have one egg in this deck tho cos its slow, but you can almost always activate it. feign snags good value mid game, makes up for no 5 drop (i run sludge in my other wild hunter deaths but this is more zoo gimmick), if you hit on any 2 deaths in the deck its good, people leave kindly grandma on the board realllllly often so all you have to drop is a spider or something and its good

eaglehorn is tricky , i don't like it because it's hard to stay alive as hunter, running into stuff just makes you die before you can drop t7 boom t8 cotw t9 cotw ggnore.

finley is techy, i think he helps with surviving in this one tho. houndmaster/infested wolf might be the worst cards tbh, i'd be better off with double shredders but i went for the tinest bit of beast synergy with this run tho

Dahbomb

If you have the board then you will die less frequently which is what the bow enables. You are running two Scientists and there secrets, I feel that warrants at least one Eaglehorn in the deck.

manhack

I like that Reynad is moving away from OTK giant warrior to something more like handlock.

I experimented with Protect the king/bolster in a version, but it was a little slow.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I am lost in control matchups. I just started screwing around with renolock and just did a mirror match. Got whooped in the end game.

9LkmgC1.jpg

You have a lot of one ofs. You want to make your deck run a lot more consistently.

It's just all over the place. You can't build your deck to do everything. You have to pick what you want it to do and go for it.

squidyj

Priest used Shadow Madness and traded off the Moat Lurker and I still got my Sylvanas back. So it's a very case by case basis on the minion.

I don't think so, i think the key with moat lurker is that it returns the destroyed minion to it's owner. Think of the case where you destroy an enemy minion. The owner of the returned minion doesn't depend on who owns the moat lurker.

You have a lot of one ofs. You want to make your deck run a lot more consistently.

It's just all over the place. You can't build your deck to do everything. You have to pick what you want it to do and go for it.

analyze the deck tho, it's a gimmicky zoo sure but i got to single digits in wild with very few losses. 7 of my deck slots are wild hunters lol, there's method behind the madness. hunters suffers badly from having no draw, so you have to compensate

hunter's mark is amazing; i often run two, but it's death if you get two in your hand at once
mrgl is for control/card draw, hunter hero power sucks with a deck like this. it's also a good late game drop for 5 mana
houndmaster; another that's godawful if you get two in hand, but i have a lot of beasts. a little iffy, but i literally am playing a game rn where i got mad sci mad sci, hunter played eater of secrets into my misha; i houndmastered him and have the board rn
infested wolf isn't very good, but it adds beast for hound, hence 1 off (good on barnes too)
piloted should be a double, but i went for beast gimmick
knife juggler is good if hidden by snake trap, or if you proc spiders or wolf, but it's not so good i need two, i think at this point, deck is still winning strong
egg i explained above; it's too slow for two though, i think
RTH is amazing vs zoo and pally, but can be a little dead. having a houndmaster and juggler and alphas gives it the synergy it needs tho

also the crazy barnes synergy adds consistency (25% of the time he will just pull a vanilla 1/1, but 75% of the time you get superb value, especially if you can control when you drop him, barnes is super broken in wild)

like i said almost all i play is wild hunter constructed, i'm not insane, play the deck, mulligan for scientists, and you'll make it to single digits easily if you play it like zoo, we'll see how far it goes i like it for a gimmick deck right now tho

COTW/animal companion + alphas make for very strong zoo/token decks, i think people really are sleeping on that in wild

I don't think so, i think the key with moat lurker is that it returns the destroyed minion to it's owner. Think of the case where you destroy an enemy minion. The owner of the returned minion doesn't depend on who owns the moat lurker.

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant. There's no real way to 'cheat' out the minion that's going to return without a silence or bounce.

analyze the deck tho, it's a gimmicky zoo sure but i got to single digits in wild with very few losses. 7 of my deck slots are wild hunters lol, there's method behind the madness. hunters suffers badly from having no draw, so you have to compensate

hunter's mark is amazing; i often run two, but it's death if you get two in your hand at once
mrgl is for control/card draw, hunter hero power sucks with a deck like this. it's also a good late game drop for 5 mana
houndmaster; another that's godawful if you get two in hand, but i have a lot of beasts. a little iffy, but i literally am playing a game rn where i got mad sci mad sci, hunter played eater of secrets into my misha; i houndmastered him and have the board rn
infested wolf isn't very good, but it adds beast for hound, hence 1 off
piloted should be a double, but i went for beast gimmick
knife juggler is good if hidden by snake trap, or if you proc spiders or wolf, but it's not so good i need two, i think at this point, deck is still winning strong
egg i explained above; it's too slow for two though, i think
RTH is amazing vs zoo and pally, but can be a little dead. having a houndmaster and juggler gives it the synergy it needs tho

also the crazy barnes synergy adds consistency (25% of the time he will just pull a vanilla 1/1, but 75% of the time you get superb value, especially if you can control when you drop him, barnes is super broken in wild)

like i said almost all i play is hunter constructed, i'm not insane, play the deck, mulligan for scientists, and you'll make it to single digits easily if you play it like zoo, we'll see how far it goes i like it for a gimmick deck right now tho

Play it like zoo? You run only a single 1 drop and have 0 card draw. That is basically the opposite of zoo. You're running a midrange hunter that maybe is a bit heavy on the 2 drops.

IMO just slim down the variance in the deck and you're probably fine.

This is what I would do.
cut:
Nerubian egg
feign death
shredder
2 defenders of argus

add:
2 eaglehorn bows
1 knife juggler
1 houndmaster
1 infested wolf

I would recommend changes on the traps too but they're kinda meta specific. Typically freezing trap is ran over explosive trap, but explosive trap may be good if there is a lot of aggro.

You may want to run more 1 drops, because getting intiative really early as hunter allows you to just play more aggressive, especially with hunter hero power. Dire wolf alpha in particular seems like a candidate to cut for webspinner or fiery bat perhaps.

Play it like zoo? You run only a single 1 drop and have 0 card draw. That is basically the opposite of zoo. You're running a midrange hunter that maybe is a bit heavy on the 2 drops.

IMO just slim down the variance in the deck and you're probably fine.

This is what I would do.
cut:
Nerubian egg
feign death
shredder
2 defenders of argus

add:
2 eaglehorn bows
1 knife juggler
1 houndmaster
1 infested wolf

I would recommend changes on the traps too but they're kinda meta specific. Typically freezing trap is ran over explosive trap, but explosive trap may be good if there is a lot of aggro.

You may want to run more 1 drops, because getting intiative really early as hunter allows you to just play more aggressive, especially with hunter hero power. Dire wolf alpha in particular seems like a candidate to cut for webspinner or fiery bat perhaps.

i'm actually steering away from 1 drops in hunter wild lately. fiery bat is awful, webspinner is ok in decks where i can proc his deathrattle an extra time with feign , but honestly hard mulliganing for mad scientist really does it; you end up with either 2/2 and 3 tokens, or 2/2 and an explosive (helps with facing zoolock).

the problem with 1 drops in wild hunter, is they're ineffective. fiery loses to all the strong 1 drops. spinner is better, because it adds a bit of draw and still kills with hunter's mark, but you're way way better off coining into mad sci, and t2 mad sci is a strong 4 mana play basically, it's a very strong catchup play to compensate. hunter should've gotten the 2/2 beast IMO. not to mention if you don't drop the 1 drop on t1, it's 100% useless because you're in a class with no card draw. that's why i go with finley rn with this deck; he's an ok 1 drop since he can play with pally and zoo a little, but if you draw him late game, he makes a fair 5 mana play. this is NOT an aggressive deck, and since it's a zoo /token deck, alpha wrecks, especially since you can end up with a 3rd from barnes. the deck is built to counter the complete lack of draw (unless you can get lucky with finley). roll with it, i didn't lose from 16-10 lol we'll see if it can rip to 5 (never play past that bc this game gets super boring grinding further)

try losing the board, it's extremely hard to do with all the deathrattles and catchup mechanics. it's deceiving unless you play it, because the deck is full of board clears; you wouldn't think of it because it's hunter, but you have tons of ways to clear the opponents strong board, and still end up with deathrattle minions ready to stay on the board for you. tokens galore, and pumping them with alpha/hound/cotw/argus/animal companion is suprisingly consistent. COTW is a game changer friends, opens up so many possibilities in wild

QG7hVoJ.jpg

this is what i mean by the fact that the early game does not suffer

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I like that no matter what it returns the minion to the player that had it in the first place. Pretty consistent on that front.

It's just inconsistent on Raptor vs Mirror Entity and Faceless Manipulator's ability to copy it, which I still consider to be a bug. All should copy the death rattle.

Would be a kinda cool interaction with Mirror Entity too, being extra good or extra bad depending on which minion Moatlurker took.

clav

Priest is impossible to beat. They are broken.

Play Yogg.

Most frustrating card in the game because you just win when you're behind against any matchup.

It's why I don't understand why people look at this game at a pro level.

Need more Purify cards for other classes.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Priests can overcome any Yogg turn because they are so broken. They are jerks too. And they kick puppies. And babies.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Priest is impossible to beat. They are broken.

You mean the new Resurrect decks?

Kinda took me for a loop at first too, but once I started taking note what minions I send to their Graveyard, it became a lot easier. Earlier I gave an extreme example of hexing to send a 0/1 to their graveyard, but you can also just not send it to the graveyard at all so that their resurrect does nothing. It's not like they have a ton of burst you have to worry about.

Priest of the Feast is a bit of a problem for aggro, but Priest deserves at least one minion that's good against aggro. It's like the only card you have to worry about.

Shinypogs

I am not very good at playing hunter yet but it is fun, it's like Zoolock and mage had a child, here have all these buffed minions and also look at my shiny spells and secrets.

clav

Just hit face until it explodes.

Priest decks don't usually run Taunts.

If you're at the stage when you're playing card by card and not playing control, then you lose unless you play Yogg. Your deck is too slow.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
i'm actually steering away from 1 drops in hunter wild lately. fiery bat is awful, webspinner is ok in decks where i can proc his deathrattle an extra time with feign , but honestly hard mulliganing for mad scientist really does it; you end up with either 2/2 and 3 tokens, or 2/2 and an explosive (helps with facing zoolock).

the problem with 1 drops in wild hunter, is they're ineffective. fiery loses to all the strong 1 drops. spinner is better, because it adds a bit of draw and still kills with hunter's mark, but you're way way better off coining into mad sci, and t2 mad sci is a strong 4 mana play basically, it's a very strong catchup play to compensate. hunter should've gotten the 2/2 beast IMO. not to mention if you don't drop the 1 drop on t1, it's 100% useless because you're in a class with no card draw. that's why i go with finley rn with this deck; he's an ok 1 drop since he can play with pally and zoo a little, but if you draw him late game, he makes a fair 5 mana play. this is NOT an aggressive deck, and since it's a zoo /token deck, alpha wrecks, especially since you can end up with a 3rd from barnes. the deck is built to counter the complete lack of draw (unless you can get lucky with finley). roll with it, i didn't lose from 16-10 lol we'll see if it can rip to 5 (never play past that bc this game gets super boring grinding further)

try losing the board, it's extremely hard to do with all the deathrattles and catchup mechanics. it's deceiving unless you play it, because the deck is full of board clears; you wouldn't think of it because it's hunter, but you have tons of ways to clear the opponents strong board, and still end up with deathrattle minions ready to stay on the board for you. tokens galore, and pumping them with alpha/hound/cotw/argus/animal companion is suprisingly consistent. COTW is a game changer friends, opens up so many possibilities in wild

QG7hVoJ.jpg

this is what i mean by the fact that the early game does not suffer

I'm completely with you. Fiery Bat sucks. 50 percent of the time the death rattle isn't even any better than a generic 2/1 1 drop. Imagine how bad we would rate a generic 2/1 1 drop without that deathrattle, and that's what that card is half the time. The downside to that card isn't valued nearly highly enough.

Hunters complain about card draw all the time, but what do you expect your hand is going to look like when you're running something like Fiery Bat?

Maybe with Kindly Grandmother we'll see less of it, as it becomes more rare for hunter to need a beast on board for synergy sake. IMO Beast synergy is the only argument for keeping Fiery Bat alive in any deck.

In wild especially I would go with Webspinner over Fiery Bat if you think you need the beast synergy. Not just because the semi card draw is way better than the 1 extra attack and RNG deathrattle, but also because there's a lot less difference between 1 attack and a 2 or 3 attack in wild.

clav

I am not very good at playing hunter yet but it is fun, it's like Zoolock and mage had a child, here have all these buffed minions and also look at my shiny spells and secrets.

You missed the prime time of Face Hunter before Standard was added into the game.

You just aim at one direction.

Every single card goes to one location unless there is a taunt in the way.

Consistently fastest games ever.

Levi

Banned
Got on Skype with a friend, we built competing Spiteful Smith Weapon Paladin decks and took them on ladder to see whose was better. Then we played stupid decks against each other and we're laughing every turn. "Why did you put that card in!"

I highly recommend having a friend you can play bad decks against, very fun.

Highlight of the whole night was when i used Rend Blackhand to destroy Lorewalker Cho.

I'm completely with you. Fiery Bat sucks. 50 percent of the time the death rattle isn't even any better than a generic 2/1 1 drop.

Hunters complain about card draw all the time, but what do you expect your hand is going to look like when you're running something like Fiery Bat?

Maybe with Kindly Grandmother we'll see less of it, as it becomes more rare for hunter to need a beast on board for synergy sake. IMO Beast synergy is the only argument for keeping Fiery Bat alive in any deck.

kindly grandma is amazing. hitting the rattle with huhu/feign is great, with nzoth it's great, from barnes it's fantastic, makes houndmaster much easier to proc, i can't imagine any hunter deck not running two, despite the fact that it loses to a 2/2, it has lots of upside. anything that lives on after it gets hit is huge for animal companion/cotw as well, AND it synergizes with hunter's mark. just too good rn
oIPttUv.jpg

the fun from this deck is endless i swear

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'd rather play a deck that offers a challenge and an opportunity to think like aggro shaman not this autoplay priest crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom