• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

It's too bad Prince Malchezaar is in the last wing, I want to the world to realize how utterly fucking shit that card is already.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's too bad Prince Malchezaar is in the last wing, I want to the world to realize how utterly fucking shit that card is already.

Bruh, come on.

You seem personally offended by its existence.

Went from rank 11 to rank 7 this evening with only four losses. Maybe I will spend another evening or two and hit rank 5 this month after all.

I honestly wonder what the % odds to win are if a Hunter plays 2 Highmanes and 2 Call of the Wilds. Has to be so astronomically low.

Although somehow I just pulled it off as midrange Shaman. All it required was a lucky as shit Lightning Storm top deck and a one in four chance Stoneclaw Totem. No big deal right?

Dahbomb

I honestly wonder what the % odds to win are if a Hunter plays 2 Highmanes and 2 Call of the Wilds. Has to be so astronomically low.

Although somehow I just pulled it off as midrange Shaman. All it required was a lucky as shit Lightning Storm top deck and a one in four chance Stoneclaw Totem. No big deal right?
Call of the Wild winrate has to be Tirion and Dr Balanced levels good.

I know pro players have a lot of internal stats and spreadsheets on card win rates when in hand/played. It's how people came to the Aggro Shaman list... they basically just stuffed the deck with the highest winrates cards like Tuskar Totemic, Faceless Flamewreathe and Thing from Below. Though Chakki seems to think that his winrate with one copy of Thing from Below vs two (everyone else brings two).

i won against 2 highmane 1 call just now

2nd call would have wrecked my butthole

man so good games just now

dumb ass combo warrior pressured all game, i halzealed up to full, filled my board and evolved it and hexed 2 of my own guys to end with 4 taunts as he went into fatigue

zoukka

stuck at rank 5

legend is easy my ass :(

With the current meta, it's just super annoying to get. These decks bore me to tears. Only ones I have the patience to play are Freeze Mage, Renolock (which sucks balls) and Token Druid (my go to laddering deck now).

manhack

Well it looks like I'm ready for Purify this week:

uBbO0Pal.png

Pooya

I can see next week tempostorm snapshot to have bog druid as tier 1, prepare for fun, lol. It's very hard to beat this deck, watching dog's stream aggro shaman has best chance.

I have a lot of trouble with slower malyrogue against it, if they draw well you just can't deal with their swings, it's not one minion to sap. I just set up malygos/backstab/fan, he already used his mulch too, wiped the board ready to win next turn, here comes deathwing, I can't deal with that...if games go long you can't beat it. Conceal/coldblood decks should do fine though. Other than that I don't think it has unwinnable match up. Druid can now ramp up so quickly and Barnes can pull BS guaranteed in this deck. I can see it being really annoying in near future. The deck is good.

Ladekabel

Thoughtstealing the opponents Yogg and then it brings the game in my favor. Further his Yogg buffs my Yogg. #JustPriestThings

Edit.: Priest win-streak ended at four. Of course my bane was a shaman with even more disgusting RNG than me. And I ressurrected my Auchenai when I needed something other because I needed to heal me. And still fuck Divine Favor. How that shit show of a card still exists is beyond my understanding.

fertygo

I can see next week tempostorm snapshot to have bog druid as tier 1, prepare for fun, lol. It's very hard to beat this deck, watching dog's stream aggro shaman has best chance.

I have a lot of trouble with slower malyrogue against it, if they draw well you just can't deal with their swings, it's not one minion to sap. I just set up malygos/backstab/fan, he already used his mulch too, wiped the board ready to win next turn, here comes deathwing, I can't deal with that...if games go long you can't beat it. Conceal/coldblood decks should do fine though. Other than that I don't think it has unwinnable match up. Druid can now ramp up so quickly and Barnes can pull BS guaranteed in this deck. I can see it being really annoying in near future. The deck is good.

RDU build looked more braindamaged

Pooya

DDoS attack confirmed...yeah again. Everything is offline.

There is like one at least every week now, they gotta do something about it, not a good look.

gutshot

Call of the Wild winrate has to be Tirion and Dr Balanced levels good.

I know pro players have a lot of internal stats and spreadsheets on card win rates when in hand/played. It's how people came to the Aggro Shaman list... they basically just stuffed the deck with the highest winrates cards like Tuskar Totemic, Faceless Flamewreathe and Thing from Below. Though Chakki seems to think that his winrate with one copy of Thing from Below vs two (everyone else brings two).

Played against a Lock and Load Hunter the other day who played THREE Call of the Wilds against me. Yeah, I lost that game.

gutshot

Anyone have a full list of what's coming out this week?

Here ya go!

So here are the cards and when they are releasing:

Week 1
Prologue: Enchanted Raven, Firelands Portal
The Parlor: Cloaked Huntress, Ivory Knight, Priest of the Feast, Deadly Fork, Maelstrom Portal, Silverware Golem, Protect the King!, Arcane Anomaly, Moroes, Pantry Spider, Arcanosmith

Week 2
The Opera: Kindly Grandmother, Silvermoon Portal, Onyx Bishop, Swashburglar, Wicked Witchdoctor, Kara Kazham!, Pompous Thespian, Barnes, Moat Lurker, Arcane Giant

Week 3
The Menagerie: Menagerie Warden, Cat Trick, Babbling Book, Nightbane Templar, Purify, Fool's Bane, Runic Egg, Zoobot, Avian Watcher, Menagerie Magician, The Curator

Week 4
The Spire: Moonglade Portal, Medivh's Valet, Ethereal Peddler, Spirit Claws, Malchezaar's Imp, Ironforge Portal, Netherspite Historian, Violet Illusionist, Prince Malchezaar, Book Wyrm, Medivh, the Guardian

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ben Brode shared some new details about what they're considering for Arena, which might not be what everyone expected: http://venturebeat.com/2016/08/23/b...ones-karazhan-purify-anger-and-arenas-future/

GamesBeat: It’s interesting that you bring up Arena balance. It seems like it’s becoming difficult to balance Arena and Standard at the same time. Do you have any idea what changes you might make?

Brode: We talked a bit about — right now there’s a bit of pressure from different sides. Rarity means a lot in our game. It determines how often a card shows up in the Arena, how you can craft a golden version of it. If it’s an expansion, it has to do with how often you see it in packs. For Arena, there’s also the number of cards we’re releasing into the card pool. Each individual card is making a smaller impact in the arena. For us to make radical balance changes there, we need more tools.

One tool we’re talking about right now is potentially giving ourselves the ability to raise or lower the drop rates of individual cards. Right now we only have the tools to turn it to 0 or 100. With Purify, we removed it entirely from the Arena. All the C’Thun cards, same thing. But giving us some slight tuning over that might let us keep up with cards in the Arena, but make sure that for the best classes, their best cards show up less often. For the worst classes in the Arena, the best cards show up more often.

GamesBeat: So the days of getting constantly destroyed by Flamestrike might be over for me?

Brode: Well, it’s actually also going to be — do we make Arena standard? Do we experiment with crazy formats? Maybe this weekend it’s all Goblins vs. Gnomes cards in the Arena. In general, we could be experimenting more with the Arena. This is a tool that gets us a bit closer to that.

gutshot

Also is there any other dev team as indecisive as Team 5? Every decision is like "Well we could do this, or we could do that, or this would be cool. We're not really sure what the best option is but we definitely are discussing it".

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Okay so maybe I'm really dumb, but could someone explain to me how Ben Brode's proposed deck works?

Venture Beat: Barnes is the correct answer!

Ben Brode: It’s super-exciting. There are tons of crazy stuff that comes to mind. I love building crazy decks. There’s the dream of building a deck with just Y’Shaarj and Barnes and a bunch of spells. Turn four, you get a 1/1 Y’Shaarj and close out your Y’Shaarj and get just a horrible army showing up on turn four.

Dahbomb

Okay so maybe I'm really dumb, but could someone explain to me how Ben Brode's proposed deck works?
That's pretty much how that Ramp Druid works.

It has a bunch of spells plus ramp, then some large sized minions that you can get out with Yshaarj or Barnes. Obviously you can't make a deck of 28 spells and Barnes/Yshaarj.

Mulgrok

obviously y'shaarj is coded to summon more of itself if there are no other minions in the deck!

EDIT: Barnes Rogue currently 3-0 at rank 9. Too earlier to tell if it is any good, but liking it so far.

EDIT2: it is just n'zoth with barnes thrown in for the laughs

inky

Somehow I think them balancing arena with specific per card weights is just going to make it worse. Like, the more tools they have for the job, the more they are going to fuck it up to push it even more to be very specific ways like they do constructed.

Ben Brode coming out and saying they didn't have an ear to the ground with what people were expecting for Priest this adventure, then having Portal at common for Mage (with the only downside to changing rarities in an adventure setting being the cost of crafting common vs rare golden cards, which affects how many, 1% of the playerbase?) doesn't really instill confidence.

Adding wacky rules to Arena just sounds like the worst. Just make wacky Arena a separate version if you want to do that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That's pretty much how that Ramp Druid works.

It has a bunch of spells plus ramp, then some large sized minions that you can get out with Yshaarj or Barnes. Obviously you can't make a deck of 28 spells and Barnes/Yshaarj.
Contemplating it, I think he actually wants you to Prep -> Gang-Up Y'Shaarj and that's supposed to say "clone out" instead of "close out".

If they ever do a GvG only Arena weekend, I'd start an Arena run, make a sick draft from all of GvG's overpowered minions, and then sit on it until they rotated to a different set with significantly weaker cards.

sibarraz

Banned
PtqfUWx.png

The grin in my face when I saved tirion and the coin expecting call of the cancer.

Bonus point for actually being glad that I drew redemption before MC could put it on play

It might be interesting to try using redemption in a n'zoth deck. I've seen people use it before in like a n'zoth/secret paladin hybrid. But I'm talking about a pure n'zoth or n'zoth/control paladin deck. If you can guarantee redemption to proc off a deathrattle, it's like you're including another deathrattle in your deck without having to, thus speeding up your n'zoth turn. And lets say you get it off on tirion or sylvanas, your n'zoth turn is going to summon 2 of those instead of just one. I've gotten redemption off ivory knight before, it worked out really well.

It might be interesting to try using redemption in a n'zoth deck. I've seen people use it before in like a n'zoth/secret paladin hybrid. But I'm talking about a pure n'zoth or n'zoth/control paladin deck. If you can guarantee redemption to proc off a deathrattle, it's like you're including another deathrattle in your deck without having to, thus speeding up your n'zoth turn. And lets say you get it off on tirion or sylvanas, your n'zoth turn is going to summon 2 of those instead of just one. I've gotten redemption off ivory knight before, it worked out really well.

I've tried that but the issue is it procs random from sweepers and is quite easy to play around. If you have redemption you can basically not hero power and the only secret where you wouldn't hero power is redemption.

Which usually made it good only with taunts.

Yay, one star from rank 5 and I lose to a bullshit hail mary Yogg. Fun.

Also I like how ladder is infested with nothing but these ramp Druids now. People will just do anything the pros say won't they?

Edit: There, rank 5 achieved. Another month in the books. Beat a N'Zoth Warlock of all things to hit rank 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom