• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I could play one before going to bed.

cHinzo#2303

LOL! Please don't let it take an hour, it's 3 am. :"D

Well when i offered he never showed up. Would have been nice if he'd posted here that I could go fuck myself so I didn't waste the time.

Would have been nice to know that then.

Well I am genuinely sorry, didnt mean to cause offence.

Dahbomb

How does a renolock hope to respond to a turn 1 tunnel trogg into turn 2 totem golem? What cards are ideal to do so?

Vicious Syndicate has this as a slightly unfavored matchup, so it shouldn't be an impossible task right?
You have to have Doomsayer. Some lists also run Soulfire to have the double chance of killing the Totem Golem alongside Shadowbolt. I personally don't like Soulfire in Control Lock but I see the merit of it in these dire times.

The match up mostly boils down to you getting your Hellfires/clears, heals and Reno Jackson on time (and Ooze when they have Harrison). Basically the removals have to line up with the threats or you are done for.

fertygo

How does a renolock hope to respond to a turn 1 tunnel trogg into turn 2 totem golem? What cards are ideal to do so?

Vicious Syndicate has this as a slightly unfavored matchup, so it shouldn't be an impossible task right?

Nothing, yeah nothinng, no other deck than warrior can handle that shaman curve too tbh lol

The best way to win for Renolock for this matchup is draw their board clear early, drop Reno while stabilizing.. and its very rough task to do

what your deck look like?

the top end reno or more midrangey?

midrange renolock can made the wonder 3 (aggro shaman, zoolock, drag warrior) more favorable

the more top end Reno is even more reliant to board clear against those matchup and drop doomsayer early, and BGH is a must in any type of renolock for me

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
You have to have Doomsayer. Some lists also run Soulfire to have the double chance of killing the Totem Golem alongside Shadowbolt. I personally don't like Soulfire in Control Lock but I see the merit of it in these dire times.

The match up mostly boils down to you getting your Hellfires/clears, heals and Reno Jackson on time (and Ooze when they have Harrison). Basically the removals have to line up with the threats or you are done for.

Yeah I don't currently have a doomsayer, I should craft that. It is in a ton of decks obviously so I never feel bad crafying cards like that. Seems like just a 7 dmg heal after turn two against aggro shaman, but that is still pretty damn good.

It is currently a pretty late game Nzoth, but I am just learning the class.

Hycran

Banned
Yeah I don't currently have a doomsayer, I should craft that. It is in a ton of decks obviously so I never feel bad crafying cards like that. Seems like just a 7 dmg heal after turn two against aggro shaman, but that is still pretty damn good.

It is currently a pretty late game Nzoth, but I am just learning the class.

The real value in doomsayer is the grant of initiative. You get to determine the run of play for the next few turns, not the other way around.

Dahbomb

I have even thought of teching in Dread Infernal in my Reno just for the extra AOE edge. Especially with all these Token Druids and their Onyxias and Wisps of the Old Gods.

fertygo

my renolock build not run doomsayer, just run more 1 drop
http://i.imgur.com/hVO46Yh.png

its doing good and help me climb to rank 5, its became gravy in higher rank with more skilled aggro player knew the more efficient way chain their brain damage ugh

KuroNeeko

Res priest had a rag, injured, loot hoarder and priest in the graveyard. An onyx bishop and two ressurects later, he has 3 loot hoarders. Lol.

Priest right now is stupid.
Look at this one variant of Resurrect Priest that is "popular" right now.

Forbidden Shaping x 2
Thoughtsteal x 2
Resurrect x 2
Onyx Bishop x 2

RNG? More like RNP(riest).

Over 1/4 the deck (almost a third) is completely based on RNG. Even Thijs' version of the deck is 1/5 RNG.

You want to play with Shifting Shades? More RNG. You want to play with Barnes? More RNG. Mind Vision? RNG.

It seems fitting that Priest, a class most likely to rely on prayer, has found salvation and rebirth in RNGesus.

(Though the new Tempo Mage is just as bad, if not worse.)

Taking a break from Hearthstone for a while. I've lost too many matches to Hail Mary Yoggs, stupid RNG, and dumb, dumb design like Call of the Wild.

Hmm. Those Arcane Giants are pretty damn strong. I got lucky and barely had lethal against a Rogue that dropped two. o_O

Also, Duelyst is out on Steam if anyone is interested.

KuroNeeko

When Duelyst comes out on iOS I will give it a more thorough try. That is supposedly this year isn't it?

Supposedly.

I'm still waiting for the mobile renaissance.

Duelyst, Elder Scrolls: Legends, Faeria, Gwent, Hex (LAWL, yeah, right) are all coming to mobile space--hopefully this year (except for Hex, keep waiting, scrubs!)

Dahbomb

Is BGH a crucial card for renolock?
No but it's really hard to play against some decks when they drop the big minions as Warlock lacks single target big removals.

A lot of people use Ragnaros so it usually finds a target. Dragon Warriors play Drakonid Crushers, Druids play Onyxia (and other assortnments of large minions), Zoo uses Sea Giants and the occasional massive Councilman, Shamans have 4 mana 7/7 etc.

So yeah I run it for sure.

Also, Duelyst is out on Steam if anyone is interested.
I really need it to be on Android already.

Right now I got Shadoverse as my secondary on phone.

Dahbomb

How do you like it so far? I've been playing on-and-off since release.
It's alright, its main issue is that it's TOO much of a Hearthstone clone. Like yeah it has a few gimmicks of its own (like Evolve and class mechanics) but at its core it's still a very blatant Hearthstone clone.

The work put into the game is solid though, a lot of cards have unique attack animations, I like the Evolve mechanic and I like the card pool. It's not a bad game by any means.

My other gripe with the game is the excessive anime fan service. It's especially jarring when there's a great difference in the artstyle of the cards themselves. It's pretty obvious that the artwork is lifted straight from Rage of Bahamut (another game by the developers) but they could've done a better job of parsing through it.

Don't duelyst and all those other games have their own thread?
I don't think Shadowverse has its own thread. Some of these games aren't even properly released so this is honestly the best place to discuss them.

KuroNeeko

It's alright, it's main issue is that it's TOO much of a Hearthstone clone. Like yeah it has a few gimmicks of its own (like Evolve and class mechanics) but at its core it's still a very blatant Hearthstone clone.

The work put into the game is solid though, a lot of cards have unique attack animations, I like the Evolve mechanic and I like the card pool. It's not a bad game by any means.

My other gripe with the game is the excessive anime fan service. It's especially jarring when there's a great difference in the artstyle of the cards themselves. It's pretty obvious that the artwork is lifted straight from Rage of Bahamut (another game by the developers) but they could've done a better job of parsing through it.

I don't think Shadowverse has its own thread. Some of these games aren't even properly released so this is honestly the best place to discuss them.

I can agree with a lot of those points. You can even draw direct parallels between the classes and archtypes in Hearthstone with Ramp Druid = Dragon and Zoo = Royals.

I like how little RNG there is, though I think they will have their own fair share of 2-Pick (Arena) and constructed balancing issues (compare Elf / Witch and Royal to see the disparity of strength). Crafting seems a lot more difficult in SV as well since you can have up to three of the same Legendary in one deck. Also, Control decks have very few ways to close out a game other than Satan. Having said that, I've never had a game go to fatigue.

Levi

Banned

How is the Hearthstone thread the best place to discuss Shadowverse, et al? That makes no sense.

Why not make a general digital ccg discussion thread instead of hijacking this one?

Levi

Banned
Yeah, this thread should be kept clean.

I have a 80g Friend quest. Only looking to trade, NO MOOCHES!

Heh. I also bitched about the quest trading if you will kindly recall. I bitch a lot, but at least it's on-topic bitching.

I shouldn't read Gaf in between matches because playing ranked gets my adrenaline up. I'm actually not as much of an abrasive person in general as I am in my posts here, but I'm frequently posting here instead of, you know, smashing my mouse to pieces. Oh well.

Feeling pretty good right now, actually, finally hit a little pocket meta that was favorable and streaked my way to rank 7. Hopeful I'll hit rank 5 by the weekend and I can finally relax.

Dahbomb

How is the Hearthstone thread the best place to discuss Shadowverse, et al? That makes no sense.

Why not make a general digital ccg discussion thread instead of hijacking this one?
I don't think it's unreasonable to discuss other similar games in an OT especially from a comparison and recommendation stand point. This is like the first time Shadowverse has even been brought up in any real capacity, we have had way more posts on that Elder Scrolls card game. No one intended to hijack the thread, it's not like we are saying "discuss only non-HS related cards games here!"... now THAT'S hijacking.

KuroNeeko

You could also, you know, just skip over the three or four posts (about Shadowverse) or five-ish posts about other CCGs.

I hate to defile the purity of all that salt we've got going on in this thread, but I think that allowing for some space to talk about other CCGs, especially in how they compare to Hearthstone, isn't really asking that much.

Heh. I also bitched about the quest trading if you will kindly recall. I bitch a lot, but at least it's on-topic bitching.

I shouldn't read Gaf in between matches because playing ranked gets my adrenaline up. I'm actually not as much of an abrasive person in general as I am in my posts here, but I'm frequently posting here instead of, you know, smashing my mouse to pieces. Oh well.

Fair enough. ; )

Levi

Banned
You could also, you know, just skip over the three or four posts (about Shadowverse) or five-ish posts about other CCGs.

I hate to defile the purity of all that salt we've got going on in this thread, but I think that allowing for some space to talk about other CCGs, especially in how they compare to Hearthstone, isn't really asking that much.

Makes sense. I personally have no interest in any other CCGs, but if I'm the only one I'll shut up about it.

I'm sure the thread will go back to mostly HS content with Tavern Brawl tomorrow and wing 3 the day after anyway.

Dahbomb

Back on to Hearthstone, I am going to be holding a GAF HS tournament after the adventure releases.

It will be free to enter and there will be some cash prize for the winner.

It will not be a regular constructed tournament though. It will be Wild format but I will specifically be banning out cards that are obviously too broken and limiting cards that are too good to have two of in the deck but not broken enough to be completely banned. Think of it like Yugioh for those who are familiar with that.

The full list isn't hashed out yet, I have been taking opinions from various people and such about it. If anyone thinks this is a good idea (or a bad idea) then you can give your comments and even provide a list of cards that you would like to be banned and I will take it into consideration.

Levi

Banned
I relaxed once I hit rank 5. And am now Rank 12.

I am very bad with renolock.

Hey, at least you hit 5 first. Last season I got stopped at rank 6, full stars, and then fell all the way to 8 before giving up.

I've been at rank 8 since last weekend and only this evening got to 7. If I keep up my pace of gaining one rank every three days I'll be at 5 this season for sure, and then I'm never stressing about it again.

I just need to know that I *can*.

Dahbomb

wild huh, dusted all those cards.
Well I am not going go disclose the working list right now but Dr Balanced is obviously banned so you don't have to worry about that at least.

Plus from my testing (and also playing on Wild a lot)... most of the Standard decks are very strong against what you can play against in this format anyway. The idea is that you have more options from the Wild card pool to counter some of the Standard stuff.

fertygo

Back on to Hearthstone, I am going to be holding a GAF HS tournament after the adventure releases.

It will be free to enter and there will be some cash prize for the winner.

It will not be a regular constructed tournament though. It will be Wild format but I will specifically be banning out cards that are obviously too broken and limiting cards that are too good to have two of in the deck but not broken enough to be completely banned. Think of it like Yugioh for those who are familiar with that.

The full list isn't hashed out yet, I have been taking opinions from various people and such about it. If anyone thinks this is a good idea (or a bad idea) then you can give your comments and even provide a list of cards that you would like to be banned and I will take it into consideration.
Man why not Standard.. I already DE all of wild stuff.

I don't even save Loatheb.. just made it standard pls.. what card that not broken but we want revisit anyway? Handlock bias? Lol

Standard with some card ban sound nice.

greepoman

One cool mode I wish you could do would be like a "fantasy hearthstone" where say there were no hero powers or classes and you'd have a pool of players with a draft order where each person goes and can pick any card from any class and then that card is gone from the selection pool. So I guess that would take 30 rounds to draft a deck ...so that's pretty tedious but I think it would be hilarious.

Then you'd round robin or whatever and then the top players after X weeks would do a playoff. And yes there's a prize pool ...50 GAF gold to the winner.

Dahbomb

Man I didn't realize so many people nuked their Wild collection LMAO!

Alright I might change it to Standard with bans then. Will be a very short list though, mostly just some limiteds.

KuroNeeko

Man I didn't realize so many people nuked their Wild collection LMAO!

Alright I might change it to Standard with bans then. Will be a very short list though, mostly just some limiteds.

Most of my Wild is still intact. Still got my two Lightbombs and KZ.

Pooya

Like why would you de a rare card for 20 dust? that's like nothing. I didn't touch anything and I'm sitting on 6k dust just on the button on each server still after crafting bunch of wog cards and having almost everything worth a damn in there. Use your resources more wisely, you're doing something wrong if you're scraping bottom of barrel for 20 dust and such and ruining your wild collection. I didn't even dust Maexxna. It's history, it's cool to have these. Dusting Majordomo is really stupid too, that card has so much PvE use to dust.

--------

Speaking of wog cards, I was looking at Darkspeaker, the stats are so poor. It could have been like a better doomguard if it was 5/6 instead. I like the effect but not with this stats.

fertygo

Standard is an fresh start. Pool became smaller so if you nuke your wild stuff to gain advantage of get card that still in circulation is worth it.

I sure as hell not regret it because I consistently get better result since Standard.

greepoman

Like why would you de a rare card for 20 dust? that's like nothing. I didn't touch anything and I'm sitting on 6k dust just on the button on each server still after crafting bunch of wog cards and having almost everything worth a damn in there. Use your resources more wisely, you're doing something wrong if you're scraping bottom of barrel for 20 dust and such and ruining your wild collection. I didn't even dust Maexxna. It's history, it's cool to have these. Dusting Majordomo is really stupid too, that card has so much PvE use to dust.

Well in regards to Dr 7 I dusted him cause I wanted him eradicated from existence for all the shit he's caused me.

In fact now that you mention it I might craft something with the dust from him only to to DE it to further eliminate all evidence of his existence.

IceMarker

I hope people remember Blackrock Mountain, The Grand Tournament, and League of Explorers are all moving into Wild with Naxxramas and Goblins vs Gnomes early next year and Wild will be more than just "Standard + Naxx/GvG".

I nuked a lot of my wild collection, but mostly bad cards anyway. I can still play mage, rogue, and paladin decks if I feel like revisiting them. I still have dr. boom.

I kinda stopped caring about wild once standard came out, but I've played it a couple times. I made a mage deck today and the first match up was against mech mage... I played a few more after that and had a larger appreciation for standard once I went back and win streaked my way through rank 3 and 2.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fandral is probably my favorite card in the game now. Went against a dragon warrior and fell behind pretty hard after innvervating Emperor out. But it set up Fandral into Nourish, which drew me a raven idol and a wrath to clear his board.

From there I set up a disgusting Aviana into Ironbark which I got off idol, which he managed to clear but she survived one turn so that's gg. Also the most fun I've had with Aviana since TGT actually came out.

AVD4iBW.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom