• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

A few times I played wild at rank 20 something to finish a quest quickly, I was matched with new players and even basic decks. Why these people play wild I'm not sure. Standard gotta be easier.

IceMarker

A few times I played wild at rank 20 something to finish a quest quickly, I was matched with new players and even basic decks. Why these people play wild I'm not sure. Standard gotta be easier.

Which is funny because you can't queue or even create a deck in Wild if you don't have a single Wild card in your collection, so your chances of seeing a 'new' player should be near non-existent unless someone decided to craft Wild cards which would be incredibly irresponsible with their dust.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have yet to even touch wild, not sure why. I haven't dusted a single card from it so I should probably dabble with it sometime.

4-3 as Zoolock and 5-3 as Midrange Hunter tonight. Can't get past rank 16.

I get stuff like losing Brawl with 4 minions to 1, opponent's Scarab giving him another Feral Spirit, another PO from his Dark Peddler, me mulliganing two Deadly Shots and getting two Highmanes, etc.

Last game he had Rag and I had 4 minions on the board and 6 HP. I expected him to hit face.

Seeing a lot of Barnes and new cards though.

How it was for me too. One guy was playing Priest using stuff like Raid Leader and Nightblade. I felt really bad.

His sacrifice netted me 50 gold though.

bjaelke

Fandral is probably my favorite card in the game now. Went against a dragon warrior and fell behind pretty hard after innvervating Emperor out. But it set up Fandral into Nourish, which drew me a raven idol and a wrath to clear his board.

From there I set up a disgusting Aviana into Ironbark which I got off idol, which he managed to clear but she survived one turn so that's gg. Also the most fun I've had with Aviana since TGT actually came out.

Is that Høj's Y'Shaarj deck? Took it for a spin last night and ended up going 13-3 after replacing Yogg with Soggoth.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is that Høj's Y'Shaarj deck? Took it for a spin last night and ended up going 13-3 after replacing Yogg with Soggoth.

Yup, been performing well for me. Though I think a few cards are different? AFAIK it originally had Deathwing but I've only ran the deck with Yogg.

Soggoth actually sounds like it would be a nice fit. Yogg always feels so strong with druid for me though since his board removal can be lacking.

Pooya

What's the lore reason behind dragons and kobolds having spell damage?

It's about Dragon Aspects, they are kind of like leaders of dragonflights and guardians of different elements. Malygos was the blue dragon aspect and guardian of magic, Azure Drakes are of blue dragon flight too.

Kobolds are like trash mobs that use basic magic attacks, I guess that's why.

edit: candle makes way more sense!

Pooya

Yshaarj is definitely a strong card for druid but I can't see it being playable anywhere else. I'm glad I opened it. It's really good now.

squidyj

Like why would you de a rare card for 20 dust? that's like nothing. I didn't touch anything and I'm sitting on 6k dust just on the button on each server still after crafting bunch of wog cards and having almost everything worth a damn in there. Use your resources more wisely, you're doing something wrong if you're scraping bottom of barrel for 20 dust and such and ruining your wild collection. I didn't even dust Maexxna. It's history, it's cool to have these. Dusting Majordomo is really stupid too, that card has so much PvE use to dust.

--------

Speaking of wog cards, I was looking at Darkspeaker, the stats are so poor. It could have been like a better doomguard if it was 5/6 instead. I like the effect but not with this stats.

how about don't tell me how to run my collection?

I don't know how you're winding up with 6k dust unless you're
a. farming 100 gold every day without fail and spending it on packs
b. buying packs.
c. only playing a small number of decks.

Pooya

how about don't tell me how to run my collection?

I don't know how you're winding up with 6k dust unless you're
a. farming 100 gold every day without fail and spending it on packs
b. buying packs.
c. only playing a small number of decks.

d. Finishing at least 5 on ladder every season and not blowing my dust on commons and rares like a dummy.

I have 6 classes golden. I guess I have played more than a bunch of decks....

Spending money? I bought the preorders and adventures, that's about it. Nothing over that.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
d. Finishing at least 5 on ladder every season and not blowing my dust on commons and rares like a dummy.

Spending money? I bought the preorders and adventures, that's about it. Nothing over that.
Spend money

Got it

fertygo

I spend around fifty for catching up to adventure, really happy for this adventure I can just use my gold.. I prolly tempted to drop money if there's 50 for 50 again
Spend money and play since the first season

Got it

yeah basically dude not consider people like me that start from like 6 month before Standard.

I can use like 3 8-10k dust deck now, no way I regret my decision over keeping card that I not using.

I just can't justify to myself spending money on hearthstone if I could buy magic card singles the hold their value. Maybe if Hearthstone allowed you to buy dust/cards directly so I'd know I'd achieve my goal I would.

squidyj

so essentially b.

Haven't preordered or paid money for anything since buying the very last wing of LoE after running out of gold because I got lax on completing dailies. Didn't preorder tgt or buy packs either.

Bought a bunch of packs with saved gold for Whispers and used dust I had saved up + dust from dusting my wild cards to fill in the holes on my shitty pack RNG.

fertygo

Yeah they should consider selling dust for money too

maybe something like 7k dust for the price of 50 pack?

You can get more from 50 pack if you lucky, but there's safer route if you want

Xanathus

LOL, try to play one, and you still play hunter? double LOL if yes.

Against Aggro Shaman too?

*Pure* aggro shaman that doesn't run Tuskarr Totemic and Thing From Below, yes. However most aggro shamans these days do that so it's not a favored matchup. Also just like any matchup it's dependent on Priest drawing the right removals like Wild Pyromancer and spells.

bjaelke

Unusual amount of negativity and swearwords in this thread considering we're at the start of a new expansion/adventure. That stuff is normally more prominent as the meta goes stale.

*Pure* aggro shaman that doesn't run Tuskarr Totemic and Thing From Below, yes. However most aggro shamans these days do that so it's not a favored matchup. Also just like any matchup it's dependent on Priest drawing the right removals like Wild Pyromancer and spells.
Isn't the issue more that they have access to 18 points of burn + 6 to 16 power of attack from hand and get a 1 in 4 chance to make that 22. Leading to a grand total of 18 to 38 damage from hand with zero board. Not in a single turn but you don't have too many of those facing.

Xanathus

Isn't the issue more that they have access to 18 points of burn + 6 to 16 power of attack from hand and get a 1 in 4 chance to make that 22. Leading to a grand total of 18 to 38 damage from hand with zero board. Not in a single turn but you don't have too many of those facing.

No, the weakness of Priest is dealing with the board. Priest of the Feast allows them to handle pure burn because now they get healing simply by using their removals. The problem is when their removals don't line up with what's on the board. Even before Priest of the Feast they had ways to deal with it like Flash Heal, Justicar, and prior to standard Light of the Naaru. It's also why having a Harrison or Ooze is important because Doomhammer is repetitive damage that they cannot remove otherwise.

I'm actually curious about the match up of Priest vs Freeze Mage that doesn't run Antonidas now because it seems possible for Priest to heal up a lot after Alexstraza. Priest of the Feast + SW:Death + Flash Heal + Hero Power = 13 hp, or 15 hp if Justicar was played.

Pooya

I spend around fifty for catching up to adventure, really happy for this adventure I can just use my gold.. I prolly tempted to drop money if there's 50 for 50 againyeah basically dude not consider people like me that start from like 6 month before Standard.

I can use like 3 8-10k dust deck now, no way I regret my decision over keeping card that I not using.

if you started that early, you don't have much of a wild collection to dust anyways! so yeah I didn't consider those.

Dusting a shredder for 5, like what purpose does that have, it won't take you anywhere. None of my business I guess.

fertygo

if you started that early, you don't have much of a wild collection to dust anyways! so yeah I didn't consider those.

Dusting a shredder for 5, like what purpose does that have, it won't take you anywhere. None of my business I guess.

I don't dust common like Shredder, mad scientist, death bite's, and all that broken shit

but stuff like the 2 drop clone jelly its very whatever.. its rare too.

Can't believe I win this mirror game, very crazy.. I not satisfied with my play in some turn but my opponent play even worse

https://hsreplay.net/replay/qqmSRnKiSJX5H5wcotQNaM

anyone care to spot my bad play? I think there's some bad ones.
One thing that looked like it was worth considering to me would be to drake, wrath for 4 and attack with the 2/2 and your face into the 10/7 to avoid taking that much damage across multiple turns. But them attacking the 10/10 into a 3/3 was much worse. And I think emperor is just not as good in that deck since you never have a huge hand on turn 6 unless you just nourished for cards on turn 5 which is typically too slow and greedy.

Dusting everything allowed me to make tier 1 decks. I dusted literally every common rare epic and legendary that doesn't see and likely will never see play.
That in turn allowed me to rank to 5 much easier than otherwise and having fun with the game and continue amassing gold cards and in turn more dust. 5 dust isn't much but when you dust 20 commons you can craft a rare.

I didn't dust wild cards I still plan to use though because I still play it.

greepoman

Unusual amount of negativity and swearwords in this thread considering we're at the start of a new expansion/adventure. That stuff is normally more prominent as the meta goes stale.

It's all part of blizzard's master plan to turn us against each other so we don't notice them using our computers to power battle.net's consciousness. You really think that was a DDOS attack the other day? They had to take it down cause it wasn't obeying Ben Brode's commands. Wake up sheeple.

fertygo

One thing that looked like it was worth considering to me would be to drake, wrath for 4 and attack with the 2/2 and your face into the 10/7 to avoid taking that much damage across multiple turns. But them attacking the 10/10 into a 3/3 was much worse. And I think emperor is just not as good in that deck since you never have a huge hand on turn 6 unless you just nourished for cards on turn 5 which is typically too slow and greedy.

Yeah I drop my Emperor on my build after seeing superjj play, its work really well so far.

Also you right I probably should damage the giant more or even take 10 and kill it with Feral Rage. I banking on drawing my mulch too much seeing I had some draw engine but its still too much risk,

4 games in a row lost to face decks and I didn't even have awful draws. All the healing in the world doesn't help of you don't draw your equality clears.

Edit: make that 5. Lost on turn 8

greepoman

Can't believe I win this mirror game, very crazy.. I not satisfied with my play in some turn but my opponent play even worse

https://hsreplay.net/replay/qqmSRnKiSJX5H5wcotQNaM

anyone care to spot my bad play? I think there's some bad ones.

Wow your opponent attacking the 3/3 with the 10/7 was sooo bad...he had swipe in his hand so he could've set up next turn lethal and he would've won.

Yea I agree maybe kill the giant if you're gonna be taking 10 anyway.

The other thing is you kept mire keeper in your opening hand? I don't play enough of druid to know but I would've thought you wouldn't keep it unless you already had wild growth or innervate. I guess if you know it's the mirror match maybe it's ok since you know it's gonna be slower.

fertygo

Wow your opponent attacking the 3/3 with the 10/7 was sooo bad...he had swipe in his hand so he could've set up next turn lethal and he would've won.

Yea I agree maybe kill the giant if you're gonna be taking 10 anyway.

The other thing is you kept mire keeper in your opening hand? I don't play enough of druid to know but I would've thought you wouldn't keep it unless you already had wild growth or innervate. I guess if you know it's the mirror match maybe it's ok since you know it's gonna be slower.

Yeah I also like wtf when he not going face with the Giant, I thought trade to teacher with war is not good but that way worse.

I usually keep keeper in mirror match of if I had coin, maybe its not correct tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom