• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Haven't played much at all this month. Got bored and decided to make a new Hunter deck Sunday. Went from 18 to 9 in no time at all.

That new secret cards cost zero minion is the GOAT for winning me some matches where I was behind on tempo.

bunbun777

Oh boy you guys dusting your wild cards and then sad that there's a wild tourney. Either way I'm in, thanks for organizing it!

gutshot

I'm definitely down for a Wild tourney. I haven't dusted anything except the nerfed Classic cards.

so essentially b.

Haven't preordered or paid money for anything since buying the very last wing of LoE after running out of gold because I got lax on completing dailies. Didn't preorder tgt or buy packs either.

Bought a bunch of packs with saved gold for Whispers and used dust I had saved up + dust from dusting my wild cards to fill in the holes on my shitty pack RNG.

I haven't bought any pre-orders or adventures with real money with the exception of Karazhan since I had $20 in Amazon credit. I still have nearly 10k dust. It's really not that hard to maintain a stockpile of dust once you hit about 80% in your collection, since every pack is going to be almost all dust at that point.

Levi

Banned
Priest of the feast can be a great come back card against aggro. If you draw well.

I have a Warlock quest so I queued zoo and saw two Priests in a row. The first one was practically immortal, I ran out of resources and had to concede despite having 3 POs and a Doomguard in hand. Had all the clears and Priest of the Feast plus two Flash Heals. Couldn't stick a minion; did something like 25 damage over the game and when I conceded he was at 30.

Second one couldn't ever fully clear my board (Imp Gang Boss and Possessed Villager OP) and I easily burst him down from 18 not too long into the game.

wiibomb

I have a Warlock quest so I queued zoo and saw two Priests in a row. The first one was practically immortal, I ran out of resources and had to concede despite having 3 POs and a Doomguard in hand. Had all the clears and Priest of the Feast plus two Flash Heals. Couldn't stick a minion; did something like 25 damage over the game and when I conceded he was at 30.

Second one couldn't ever fully clear my board (Imp Gang Boss and Possessed Villager OP) and I easily burst him down from 18 not too long into the game.

Inmortal priest now in meta?

Levi

Banned
Inmortal priest now in meta?

Well, combo decks wreck that game plan. Priest cannot get more than 30 health so if this new Control Priest gets popular Worgen Warrior will get more play as a counter.

For a deck like zoo which relies on sticking a lot of small minions on the board and getting repetitive damage in to bring them into Doomguard/PO range, this current Priest build is really tough to deal with,

Priest has a lot of ways to clear wide boards of low health minions and also lots of ways to keep themselves out of range of zoo's typical burst damage.

It's not unwinnable for the Zoo player but it can feel that way.

zoukka

I played against a priest who gained like 20 life from a single Feast, yet still lost to my board of 4-power minions EleGiggle

Well, combo decks wreck that game plan. Priest cannot get more than 30 health so if this new Control Priest gets popular Worgen Warrior will get more play as a counter.

For a deck like zoo which relies on sticking a lot of small minions on the board and getting repetitive damage in to bring them into Doomguard/PO range, this current Priest build is really tough to deal with,

Priest has a lot of ways to clear wide boards of low health minions and also lots of ways to keep themselves out of range of zoo's typical burst damage.

It's not unwinnable for the Zoo player but it can feel that way.
My absolute favourite win against priest was when I got to kill them with their own excavated evil.

Levi

Banned
Malchezaar has an effect that procs at the beginning of the game just for being in your deck.

I don't think it's a good card (except in very specific, niche cases) but the effect is strong and opens up a lot of design possibilities in Hearthstone. I hope they use it again.

Just off the top of my head, there could be a minion that just by having it in your deck you get a different hero power. Sort of like if you could turn Shadowform on by default in your Priest list. Might be a way to keep a similar effect to Finley or Justicar since they are rotating out, but without just reprinting the card.

Dahbomb

Now that N'Zoth and CotW exist, Hunter has a hard counter to control Priest, so I'm cool with it becoming more popular. ;-D
This isn't Hunter exclusive, I don't lose to Priests with Secret Paladin in Wild either.

Plus my lifetime winrate against Priest using Reno/Handlock is like 95%. I am sure some Rogues have even better winrate than that plus any deck that utilizes combos.

Priest is easy to counter.

Levi

Banned
I'm hoping the midrange Beast Druid list will be super degenerate and I can streak my way to 5 tomorrow afternoon.

Fingers crossed!

I remember when I used to want to win with "fair" decks, lol. What a scrub.

I'm hoping the midrange Beast Druid list will be super degenerate and I can streak my way to 5 tomorrow afternoon.

Fingers crossed!

image.php

gutshot

Fingers crossed!

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Keasar

Boot up Hearthstone for the first time in 5 days.
Get immediately 3 quests that asks me to win 3 times, 5 times and 7 times.
Godfuckingdamnit.

Wish they could be lenient like Duelyst and just ask you to "Play", not actually "Win".

Menagerie warden will be situational and mediocre for the same reason Huhuran is.

I think menagerie warden is much stronger than huhuran. It might not be as good as people think, but you can copy DOTC, for example. It's like playing a faceless except you get to keep the faceless and the faceless is 5/5 instead of 3/3, but beasts only.

I don't expect menagerie to be a dud, but maybe beast druid could be lacking. Probably not, since it's druid after all. Blizzard loves druid.

Menagerie warden will be situational and mediocre for the same reason Huhuran is.

I think Menagerie Warden's battlecry is less situational. Huhu needs to have a deathrattle on board to be active and the deathrattles we still have after Naxx and GvG rotated are comparatively tame next to Shredder and Mad Scientist. So even when you do get a bonus deathrattle, it's just 1 random damage or 2 1/1s. Menagerie Warden will summon a copy of any beast you have on board. This works well with Stranglethorn Tiger, any of the Druid of the ____s, Savage Combatant, and whatever other beasts you're running in Beast Druid. It will also copy buffs like Mark of Y'Shaarj. I think it will be more reliable with a better payoff when it hits. It's probably a little overhyped (Firebat threw a fit over how overpowered he thinks it will be), but it will still be a really strong card.

Levi

Banned
Godfuckingdamnit.

Wish they could be lenient like Duelyst and just ask you to "Play", not actually "Win".

The 7 win quest can be completed in single player.

wiibomb

Godfuckingdamnit.

go to tavern brawl and win all that gold

They just need to make Knight of the Wild to work like Thing from Below, then they'll be ok.

Then again, Pantry Spider and Menagerie Warden have good synergy!

Dahbomb

I feel like even the slowest and grindstone Hunter deck ever will still have a player who BMs a lot.

There's just something to the class that attracts the's kinds of people or the class just turns good men cruel.

It's the hero power, every time you use it... your BM power level increases.

That's every hunter player. No class consistently BMs me more than Hunter players. Watching this video was exceptionally entertaining. I hope everyone who has him on their friend's list recognizes him here and gives him shit.

I see reno decks BM very often. Oh, they just healed with reno and they think the game is over. Oh wait, my deck isn't even close to being out of steam...

How critical do you think fandral will be to beast druid decks?

At first thought, I'd say less. But then again just the spell synergy alone is strong and then you have potw, druid of the flame, druid of the saber (3/2 charge isn't dragon warrior strong but still okay)...

Fandral is just that strong of a card I could see it being worth the slot in beast druid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom