• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinypogs

Got my first 'Call of the wild' from a pack today. Holy shit it makes such a big difference in my deck and winrate with hunter, similar to when I finally got power overwhelming for zoolock. Also cloaked huntress is great, dumping a bunch of secrets down and watching my opponent timidly play the next few turns to try and figure out what I used and minimize the damage is great.

I figure focusing on zoolock, hunter and freeze mage is about all I can devote my limited resources to right now. Someday I want a dragon warrior deck but that's gonna have to wait a long time.

Dahbomb

If the meta isn't significantly altered by Karazhan (which chances are it won't)... I feel like Blizzard is going to nerf Rockbiter/Doomhammer before Blizzcon finals. They did it with Warsong before so this isn't out of the realm of possibilities. A lot of streamers want Tuskar Totemic to be nerfed too but that won't happen because Tuskar is rotating out soon anyway.

Dahbomb

No way they nerf those cards before they nerf the Doomhammer/Rockbiter shenanigans. This has reached Combo Druid levels of non sense now.

Pooya

maryagut was going over his friend list the other day, saying every high legend player is still doing it with aggro shaman. In all the tournaments, it's almost brought by everyone too.

They will get rid of it before Blizzcon, they won't wait until next standard or anything like that. They will have to do it now. The care about Blizzcon a lot to not to.... and it's just going to replaced by other stupid things in the game now...it's not going to get better really but they will nerf doomhammer, otherwise all the other stuff they're giving shaman won't see play. Like the 3/4 guy in Kara is actually pretty good and there are some really good totem decks around but why play that.

fertygo

maryagut was going over his friend list the other day, saying every high legend player is still doing it with aggro shaman. In all the tournaments, it's almost brought by everyone too.

They will get rid of it before Blizzcon, they won't wait until next standard or anything like that. They will have to do it now. The care about Blizzcon a lot to not to.... and it's just going to replaced by other stupid things in the game now...it's not going to get better really but they will nerf doomhammer, otherwise all the other stuff they're giving shaman won't see play. Like the 3/4 guy in Kara is actually pretty good and there are some really good totem decks around but why play that.
I'm not familiar with how blizz meta shaping before bliźzcon, what's the criteria for something that really bothering blizz so they had tò change it before blizzcon?

Damn, I played so much card games today. I wasn't even feeling it but I logged into HS to at least complete a quest. A couple hours later I am not earning gold since I've already won 30 games. So I switched to elder scrolls and played like 6-7 games.

-

One could believe blizzard nerfs around blizcon time, after all auctioneer/flare/soul fire was nerf around blizcon 2014 and then warsong nerfed around blizcon 2015 but the timing doesn't quite line up, at least for the first set of nerfs.

fertygo

Were you there when Warsong Commander was nerfed since Patron Warrior dominated the meta?

Charge basically broke the game.

https://youtu.be/PprkXykU5xM
I know that but yeah.. is Doomhammer is on same scale of controversy?

Ì don't see it.. we can already feel all the atmosphere for these sudden nerf.

Unfortunately I think blizz gonna stick to their plan doing nerf in new year and for fewer card like they always said.

clav

Shittiest pack I've opened in a long time.

N2JRVyU.png

I hate losing to worge charge decks but they don't even seem that powerful. I don't think charge needs a nerf.

I'm half and half about doomhammer. It's pretty degenerate. Back in the day it was the one thing they really had going for them. I loved the card because it let me race against undertaker/midrange hunters. It's slowly gotten on my shitlist because of how strong shamans have become, but also because less heals and taunts are available to counter it.

Nerf poweroverwhelming? EH.... Another sometimes frustrating card, but I think it's rather tame.

manhack

Charge has less to do with what's out there now than the effect it has on the future. I mean look how fast Arcane Giant OTK came about.

Yeah there aren't a whole lot of people playing Arcane Giant OTK though right now. We'll see if it becomes popular, but I don't expect it to be more popular than OTK warlock.

Edit: I suppose Charge is still one of those cards that limits certain designs because the ability to abuse combos.

zoukka

Charge as a mechanic doesn't fit Hearthstone because you can't react to cards being played. Doomhammer can be countered.

You know things must be bad if a Hunter thinks he needs to run Ooze and Doomsayer.

I made a midrange hunter yesterday without any netdecking and it's been wrecking. Carried me quick to rank 6 from somewhere in the 20's. It's weird because I hate the current state hunter is in.

If the meta isn't significantly altered by Karazhan (which chances are it won't)... I feel like Blizzard is going to nerf Rockbiter/Doomhammer before Blizzcon finals. They did it with Warsong before so this isn't out of the realm of possibilities. A lot of streamers want Tuskar Totemic to be nerfed too but that won't happen because Tuskar is rotating out soon anyway.

what about yogg? it's a crazy win every week

ZeroX03

Banned
Fun tavern brawl, discover is always better than a single random card. Pulled a Hemet Nesingwary against a Druid, waited a few turns and he dropped the big Beast to kill.

Doomhammer + Rockbiter should stay. Charge is fine for now.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Fun tavern brawl, discover is always better than a single random card. Pulled a Hemet Nesingwary against a Druid, waited a few turns and he dropped the big Beast to kill.

Doomhammer + Rockbiter should stay. Charge is fine for now.
Says the person that doesn't like games going past turn 5

Pooya

doomhammer and weapons in general have the same issues charge has. Weapon removal counters doomhammer as much as removal does to charge minions, if you get the damage in then who cares. You can equip and 2x rockbiter same turn, weapon removal won't save you.

Doomhammer was fine when the game came out, shaman didn't have strong tempo minions, like they didn't even have a 4 drop, it was complete trash and relying on neutral cards, shaman didn't have card draw potential, it was impossible to protect manatide, and their hero power was a joke because there was no synergy at all. It doesn't work like that anymore and they should not have to stop themselves from printing new cards for shaman.

Doomhammer works like combo in druid with everything shaman has now. It's not fine anymore, they removed all the easy 2-3 card burst combos. this is the only one left. If you can burst with 4-5 cards I don't think that needs a nerf, that's fine, like ice lance frost bolt combos, or charge plus worgen etc. The difference is that, those 2 card combo cards, aren't even bad, they're great cards by themselves you can play them just fine, you don't rely on them to win either. Charge/worgen combo is different, the cards are bad or unplayable by themselves and you can't win without the combo.

zoukka

I disagree. Doomhammer costs 5 (with overload) and gains you value over time. Sure sometimes you have the luxury of holding a doomhammer with rockbiters AND have the mana to play them (not to mention, the life to not play doomhammer earlier). But those occurrances are rare. 90% of the time, Shaman plays Doomhammer on curve and there's ample time to play ooze/harrison.

Doomhammer is fine.

fertygo

Made Doomhammer 5 mana no overload 2/4

I hate this 4 turn charge bullshit, what other card that can have 4 turn value like that?

zoukka

Despite my jokey post above, Doomhammer on curve for Shaman is on 6 with a Rockbiter really. Especially if you've got a Faceless on 4, you don't have a choice there.

Nah, unless you have lethal on that turn (which you often don't). There's no reason to reveal the rockbiter until you kill your opponent.

ZeroX03

Banned
Having really bad luck tonight. Or my opponent's are having really good luck. Junk Paladin control deck wins from two consecutive Wild Pyromancer + Equality combos on 4 and 5. Warrior opponent has two War Axes and two Brawls that save his only minion twice.

Nah, unless you have lethal on that turn (which you often don't). There's no reason to reveal the rockbiter until you kill your opponent.

The reason would be to avoid the weapon removal, if you think they have it? Short of them playing Reno or something. I really don't think you're dropping Doomhammer on five a lot. Ideally you want a Faceless so you won't have the mana.

It's really not hard to avoid getting your Doomhammer killed. If you've got the Rockbiter in hand you can guarantee you'll get the combo no matter.

That said, I still think Doomhammer is fine.

Xanathus

I'm guessing they won't be able to fix that Taunt + Deathrattle damage AI bug in time for the next wing's release, or even for the whole adventure.

Finally I beat fatigue warrior. For some reason he just kept drawing cards even after I made him overdrawn like 2 or 3 cards, don't play 2 acolytes when you have 7 or more cards in hand already.
He even got out Justiciar on curve but was 6 cards ahead of me when he went to fatigue. I just was conservative with my resources and didn't even have to use NZoth.

He started with 2 armorsmiths and I didn't play anything or hero power until I had to play a card not to overdraw.
Two 1/4s and a 1/3 don't make for much of a clock.

Dahbomb

Blizzard's not going to nerf Yogg, hell that's the main reason they get a lot of viewers on tournament matches because people tune in to see some crazy Yoggs. Besides it's not a classic set card like Doomhammer/Rockbiter so it will eventually leave (ie. balance itself).

Barnes is probably a bigger problem than Yogg to be honest.

For the record I think Doomhammer is fine and I think Rockbiter is fine too. What I am not fine with is the stacking of the two to get a Pyroblast turn and then keep chugging on with the hits or stack up two Rockbiters. It's like equipping two weapons in one turn and stacking them.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Eh the frontrunner for nerf is Sylvanas, Alex, PO and Leeroy.

Never hear thèy talk shit for doomhammer.

The only one of those four cards that's even remotely a problem is PO.

Sylvanas is one of the most consistently overrated cards. Not that she's bad or she's not worth the deck slot but there's so many board states where she's awful or does very little. Nerfing her would be dumb. I can at least understand why people would ask Alex or Leeroy to be nerfed even if I don't agree.

fertygo

The only one of those four cards that's even remotely a problem is PO.

Sylvanas is one of the most consistently overrated cards. Not that she's bad or she's not worth the deck slot but there's so many board states where she's awful or does very little. Nerfing her would be dumb. I can at least understand why people would ask Alex or Leeroy to be nerfed even if I don't agree.

No shit, why they even bring her to the subject is beyond me, but they does.

Edit: dayum that's really great fanart

gutshot

So what deck is best to farm all these Beast Druids that will pop up later today? I'm thinking Midrange Hunter because your minions are fast enough to contest the board against theirs and you have the best answer to Tiger (Deadly Shot).

Levi

Banned
So what deck is best to farm all these Beast Druids that will pop up later today? I'm thinking Midrange Hunter because your minions are fast enough to contest the board against theirs and you have the best answer to Tiger (Deadly Shot).

Hemet Nesingwary finally worth and he's rotated, feelsbadman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom