• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Priest just went from easy win to annoying, slow burn win game.

You have to play around stuff a bit more... you keep their Blademasters alive for as long as possible so their Resurrect cards sit in hand. Let them lose tempo by making them keep using hero power. It's not like they are going to buff that Blademaster's attack to something crazy.

You have to play around stuff a bit more... you keep their Blademasters alive for as long as possible so their Resurrect cards sit in hand. Let them lose tempo by making them keep using hero power. It's not like they are going to buff that Blademaster's attack to something crazy.
I don't even see how this is possible. The Blademaster comes out as a 4/3. As a Hunter player, my turn 2 drop is often a 3/2. I won't attack the Blademaster, of course, but most Priest players are happy to trade into Huge Toad and then play Onyx Bishop to bring it back, and then my board is pretty doomed. I don't really have a way to delay the Blademaster dying.

Dahbomb

I don't even see how this is possible. The Blademaster comes out as a 4/3. As a Hunter player, my turn 2 drop is often a 3/2. I won't attack the Blademaster, of course, but most Priest players are happy to trade into Huge Toad and then play Onyx Bishop to bring it back, and then my board is pretty doomed. I don't really have a way to delay the Blademaster dying.
Well Hunter has Freezing Trap against Blademaster, the best counter in fact.

And you are comparing a 2 drop to a 3 drop, by the time they play Blademaster... you are like to have a 1/2/3 drop in play especially if you are going first. That Resurrect Priest plays absolutely nothing before turn 3.

Fact of the matter is... the Resurrect Priest deck is GARBAGE if they don't get Blademaster early. It's like playing Mill Rogue and you don't get Coldlight Oracle.

Raxus

Well Hunter has Freezing Trap against Blademaster, the best counter in fact.

And you are comparing a 2 drop to a 3 drop, by the time they play Blademaster... you are like to have a 1/2/3 drop in play especially if you are going first. That Resurrect Priest plays absolutely nothing before turn 3.

Fact of the matter is... the Resurrect Priest deck is GARBAGE if they don't get Blademaster early. It's like playing Mill Rogue and you don't get Coldlight Oracle.
I run loot hoarders and wild pyromancers for this reason. You can't rely on Blade master to carry you.

Dahbomb

I run loot hoarders and wild pyromancers for this reason. You can't rely on Blade master to carry you.
Great, now your Resurrects are going to be mediocre.

Though that's probably more stable in the meta game than going all in all Blademasters.

Raxus

Great, now your Resurrects are going to be mediocre.

Though that's probably more stable in the meta game than going all in all Blademasters.
I have other tools to manage the board and it balances most of the harder match ups. Goal is to reach the end game and N'Zoth anyway.

patchday

gonna be common occurrence for priest to go legendary now? Streamers were so wrong. Priests gonna be taking ass in high ranks now

fertygo

I just die to divine spirit inner fire combo because ignoring nine health blademaster

clav

I give up. Ladder is a grind, and I blew 10 packs although I still have 2000+ for arena runs.

I don't know how you people can keep up with it every month.

Shaman matches are a coin flip on who has the better hand.

I think I opened like 10 Cult Apothecarys. Game refuses to give me new cards despite low collection for Whispers, so I shouldn't buy packs at all.

I give up. Ladder is a grind, and I blew 10 packs although I still have 2000+ for arena runs.

I think I opened like 10 Cult Apothecarys. Game refuses to give me new cards despite low collection for Whispers, so I shouldn't buy packs at all.
Oh man, I can totally relate to this. Duelyst's first expansion just launched, and I opened 70 packs. I received 4x of the same legendary I have no intention of using at all. Of course, since Duelyst has a 1/4 pack rate of giving legendaries, I got a lot of other good stuff, too, but I was sad every time I opened another Zukong. :(

ZeroX03

Banned
Are we due to get another expansion before the end of the year?

Wondering how much I should save vs. waste on losing in Arena.

patchday

I really like Duelyst. too bad it uses same model as hearthstone. Would love to try a CCG where you get all the cards upfront or can at least grind for them straight up. Til then I probably stick to HS (cause why switch to another CCG if the monetization is not improved really)

What a bummer been trying out some of these control shaman builds but they seem a bit tough to play in this meta. Guess tomorrow might try some other control shammie decks.

Focus on improvement. Try out different decks. Build new ones. There is more to the game than just ranking up. This is how I keep playing. Plus final wing tomorrow. Lots of decks to try out plus a new season.

patchday

you guys ever cheer for your opponents?

Was experimenting with this control shammie and drop a few ranks (lol). Anyway, this mage plays Harbinger. I was like omg no one ever plays Harbinger you go girl! I make sure we get to turn 10 and I know this guy must have cthun or something. I drop Ragnaros. Dude just like loses all his wind.... [edit] It was a reno mage too but was using a weird mix of cthun cards

This one Hunter though was using crazy stuff. Curator, murlocs, dragons, etc. I cheered for this guy hard as I hit concede. You get a well earned win+++

[edit] Omg! I lol'ed at this poor pally that tried to use uldaman on my Ragnaros. Yeah it still popped you for 8

clav

Oh man, I can totally relate to this. Duelyst's first expansion just launched, and I opened 70 packs. I received 4x of the same legendary I have no intention of using at all. Of course, since Duelyst has a 1/4 pack rate of giving legendaries, I got a lot of other good stuff, too, but I was sad every time I opened another Zukong. :(

I needed another Flamewreathed Faceless and didn't want to waste 40 dust.

I didn't get it in 12 packs.

Still saving up for a Ragnaros since I prefer playing control.

Focus on improvement. Try out different decks. Build new ones. There is more to the game than just ranking up. This is how I keep playing. Plus final wing tomorrow. Lots of decks to try out plus a new season.

I play mostly Arena because my card collection is still small after an year.

Yeah I suppose the final wing will unlock somethings.

Still, I don't think I'll ever get to Rank 5 until my classic expansion gets larger, or I spend a lot of time grinding on ladder.

At least I made it to 12 wins once, and I can at least navigate to at least 6 wins most of the time.

Oh, I play a lot of fun decks that are not good at ranking up. I like throwing a curve ball than seeing the traditional stuff on ladder. I just wanted to try out what people like to play on ladder for once, and it's really boring.

KuroNeeko

I hate jumping on Rogue to take a break from Priest and immediately queuing into Control Warrior.

No, because my entire class is always the underdog.

Why cheer for your opponent when they're just playing aggro Shaman, Call of the Skill, Fiery Win Axe, or some other broken shiyat?

fertygo

I just started for like 8-10 month, and my collection is kinda ok right now and can play some expensive deck.. which kinda why I stick to this game despite there's maybe better alternative.
altho I still lack collection, for example I don't know why I don't had single copy of Auchenai Soulpriest or 2nd copy of Si-7 yet after this long

Daigoro

just accepted a hate request from a resurrect priest.

delicious lovely tears.

Was experimenting with this control shammie and drop a few ranks (lol). Anyway, this mage plays Harbinger. I was like omg no one ever plays Harbinger you go girl! I make sure we get to turn 10 and I know this guy must have cthun or something. I drop Ragnaros. Dude just like loses all his wind.... [edit] It was a reno mage too but was using a weird mix of cthun cards

This one Hunter though was using crazy stuff. Curator, murlocs, dragons, etc. I cheered for this guy hard as I hit concede. You get a well earned win+++

[edit] Omg! I lol'ed at this poor pally that tried to use uldaman on my Ragnaros. Yeah it still popped you for 8

every time i face a real Murloc deck, yes.

Rank 3. Pretty damn weak.

hearthstonescreenshotansel.png

Daigoro

gold Brave Archer, Betrayal, and Ancient Harbinger... yeesh.

did get Tirion from Brawl tho, so i guess i shouldn't complain.

squidyj

the rule for my reno opponents is it doesn't matter that they only run one copy because they're always going to draw exactly what they need. RNG chucklefucks

Dude gets holy fire off his spellslinger to kill my thing from below and push himself out of lethal range. Then he pulls the 3/6 taunt off his firelands portal when i had lethal otherwise, then he topdecks iceblock and I manage to pop him.
Well he follows that up with a topdeck yogg to clear out all my power on board when he's at 3 health, yogg plays 4 damaging spells and somehow none of them go face and he manages not to disrupt his own board.

next turn he topdecks reno.

go buy a fucking lottery ticket or something instead of shitting on me with your godly rng.

Ladekabel

Man, why do I do this onslaught early season to me. Shaman and Warriors which know the place and always get Smorc from Finley. I just want to play Malylock, dammit.

Edit.: Great. Someone just drew 7 cards from Divine Favor against me because I don't vomit my hand on the board. Fun and interactive.

Sande

This brawl needs some card draw. Just had a ~15 minute game of both players top decking garbage. It would have gone to fatigue but I managed to get a Floating Watcher. That's approaching "watch paint dry" levels of engagement,

Shinypogs

Got a golden on the hunt and golden injured blademaster from reaching rank 15. Not bad though the blademaster is on my list of possible dust candidates. This month I'll aim for rank 10 once the initial rush of people heading back down towards legendary is over.

September cardback is pretty nice looking.

Pooya

I decided to play some murloc paly, suddenly getting matched with every single miracle rogue there is on ladder back to back. it's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom