• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

This week I'll succumb to the meme; this brawl sucks. Too much bad rng. Got my packs and I'm done.

It did make me wish for artifact/enchantment cards, though.

Unrelated, but another thing that could spice up the game would be to have weekly featured cards. They would be unlocked if you didn't have them and you'd get bonus gold for playing games with then in your decks. Sort of like F2P rosters in mobas.

patchday

I prefer to play on the Wild ladder when I'm testing decks or completing quests. It counts towards golden hero portraits. I haven't climbed high enough to actually run across good competition in Wild, though, so it doesn't tell me much about how good my decks are or how well I'm piloting them.

Yeah I test my decks in Wild. I think many of my opponents are doing the same. I climbed the ladder pretty good in Wild with pure experimental stuff. Just 1 rank lower than my Standard climb this month

gutshot

Only have 4 of the 20 collectible Legendaries in Old Gods and, of course, the last two I've pulled from packs have been dupes. Ugh.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone considering the Wild Ladder should know this:
Do not play Wild unless you have the cards.
This means you either need to have been playing since release (Naxx and GvG are very heavily represented), or are willing to invest A LOT of dust into crafting cards for it. Several thousand dust at least to get the competitve GvG and Naxx cards.

Even at low ranks you will eventually run into someone with Dr. Boom/Sludge Belcher/Creeper/Shredder/etc. If you have these cards then it is a fair fight, if not... you will probably not have a good time. There are lots of weird decks even at the low ranks. You'll face combo decks that make no sense, and other weird stuff, but sometimes it will be Secret Paladin or Control Priest with Lightbomb and N'Zoth, or other really crazy stuff (Deathrattle Hunters).

Wild is really cool, the games go to turn 10 more often than not and the meta is different from Standard in a big way. It's really fun, IMO. But yeah...if you don't have the cards, you won't be able to be competitive at all.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Makes you wonder if the team is playing around with Enchantments/Artifacts/Amulets.

Long over due to be honest.

They turned several brawls into straight up Karazhan bosses. Seems the developers love to experiment with new concepts in the brawls.

wiibomb

Only have 4 of the 20 collectible Legendaries in Old Gods and, of course, the last two I've pulled from packs have been dupes. Ugh.

at least you didn't pull 3 repeated legendaries in a row when you only had 5 classic ones... that happened to me on saturday and the sad thing is that they were the only legendaries I unpacked.

oh and the same day pulled Nat, The Darkfisher..

yup 1600 dust right there...

at least you didn't pull 3 repeated legendaries in a row when you only had 5 classic ones... that happened to me on saturday.

The amount of times I've gotten Millhouse blows my fucking mind and makes me very suspicious of the RNG in this game.

Well, EVERYTHING makes me suspicious of the RNG. Sometimes shit just makes no goddamn sense. But I've learned my lesson and every time I think "Hmmm what are the chances of this happening?" I say "IT'S 100 FUCKING PERCENT!"

gutshot

at least you didn't pull 3 repeated legendaries in a row when you only had 5 classic ones... that happened to me on saturday and the sad thing is that they were the only legendaries I unpacked.

Oh man, that sucks. Nothing worse than getting all excited seeing that orange glow and then having your hopes dashed when you see it's a card you already own.

ZealousD

The amount of times I've gotten Millhouse blows my fucking mind and makes me very suspicious of the RNG in this game.

Well, EVERYTHING makes me suspicious of the RNG. Sometimes shit just makes no goddamn sense. But I've learned my lesson and every time I think "Hmmm what are the chances of this happening?" I say "IT'S 100 FUCKING PERCENT!"

The problem might be that you remember bad RNG results more than good RNG results. If you start writing stuff down or keeping track you might learn something.

People talk about Amaz getting good RNG and Reynad getting bad RNG. The only difference is the way these two players react to their RNG. Reynad even gets mad when he gets good RNG.

KuroNeeko

Man, I sure would like to see a balance/ restro spell druid with Moonglade Portal and Medivh. I'd play the heck out of that.

Think I'll play that, Control Mage, and maybe Hamburglar Rogue next season after I get bored with Dragon Priest.

wiibomb

I got a theory... I got usually the cards I most looked in the collection, I looked a lot to Ragnaros the Lightlord in the crafting part because I thought it was an incredible card (art and concept wise) and the only worth Legendary I got was that one and Xaril

Works great in Mill Rogue and Purify Priest.

I don't even think they work well.. I completely trashed about 3 rogues that tried to pull me one of those...

on priest there are just many more better options to purify

Oh man, that sucks. Nothing worse than getting all excited seeing that orange glow and then having your hopes dashed when you see it's a card you already own.

It was devastating... at least I got a bright side and now have enough dust to craft 2 legendaries and maaaay be the 2 call of the wilds I'm planning to craft.

The sad part is that since I'm not putting money into packs, I usually last about a month before doing an opening (I wait until I have 20 packs in gold)

The problem might be that you remember bad RNG results more than good RNG results. If you start writing stuff down or keeping track you might learn something.

People talk about Amaz getting good RNG and Reynad getting bad RNG. The only difference is the way these two players react to their RNG. Reynad even gets mad when he gets good RNG.

the first legendary I got was Gruul, but the second one was bloodmage thalnos... the third one ragnaros the firelord..

I don't bitch much about the results, yeah they are infuriating, but I can't complain when I already got some awesome ones to work on many decks

Wow I picked the perfect day to play like an idiot. Missed lethal twice today already. Miscounted mana before making a play that required me to have that mana.

2 games in a row literally 1 health off of lethal the turn I go from 20 to zero...

Oh you're absolutely right. I know I've had fantastic luck with Unstable Portal and my Flamewaker is pretty much on point all the time, but yeah it's those bad beats I always remember, and that goes for pretty much everything.

I never remember the stupid plays in poker that worked out for me, I always remember having pocket aces and having 3 of a kind on a rainbow flop and some asshole decides to ride it out on his nothing hand and ends up hitting a full house on the river.

In fantasy football I'll easily forget when goofy ass Eli Manning gets me 50+ points, but I sure as hell remember when Trent Richardson will have some fluke ass game only 1 week in the entire fucking year and I lose by 1 point.

The only time I can really take my losses well is in fighting games, because it's 100% my fault I lost.

I got a theory... I got usually the cards I most looked in the collection, I looked a lot to Ragnaros the Lightlord in the crafting part because I thought it was an incredible card (art and concept wise) and the only worth Legendary I got was that one and Xaril

Hmm....I had been hovering over Ysera quite a bit before I got her in my brawl pack a few weeks back.....

But if this was the case, I would've been had Malkorok

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What's the lowest amount of wins y'all have with a class? Priest, rogue, shaman and paladin all have less than 20 wins for me.

patchday

Ranked? I'm assuming for a class I actually tried to climb with?

Rogue (19 wins). Granted havent given that class a chance in ranked since Ive started.

Dahbomb

What's so special about Rank 5? Why not settle for rank 6 for instance?
You get a Golden Epic instead of a Golden Rare. That's a 300 dust difference right there between rank 6 and 5 (well a bit less, you get some additional dust for rank 6 as well but it's not even close to 300 dust difference).

Dahbomb

check out the rewards list.. they get upgraded every 5 ranks until legend..

I would love to get to legend someday but this past 2 days have completely crushed me :(
The difference between rank 5 and Legend is very small... like a small amount of dust. No where near the difference between rank 6 and 5.

That's why a lot of people stop at rank 5.

What's the lowest amount of wins y'all have with a class? Priest, rogue, shaman and paladin all have less than 20 wins for me.
I had to look it up and it's Shaman for me. It's like level 51 where as all my other classes are level 60. Rogue is next.

Oh my god. You're such a breath of fresh air.

Like seriously Hunter has 2 secrets out and I play 2 minions and then attack. Like come on brain what do I have you for you moron.
The game before I kill this mage's apprentice when he has no cards in hand 10 mana already and I had the taunt totem out. Couple turns later 1 short of lethal... I'm sure that 11 mana spell would have killed me.

Earlier today shortly after waking up to be fair I played Lightlord dead on board and then attack a 1/3 with my aldor peacekeeper...

I notice the misplays immediately after doing them too.

Levi

Banned
Wins per class(on my main account, NA):

Warrior & Druid: 500+
Warlock 381
Mage 328
Paladin 274
Priest 156
Hunter 143
Shaman 110
Rogue 14

I wish it counted wins past 500. I'm not really trying for any other gold heroes, but I guess I'll probably get them eventually.

ZealousD

I think I am breaking 100 wins with Rogue. Most classes I am around 200-300 wins. Only class that I am breaking 500 right now is Paladin.

I am level 60 with all classes except Shaman, which is level 59, so I'll be hitting that milestone soon.

Ladekabel

I heard you hate 4 mana 7/7s.

hearthstonescreenshot2dsef.png

wiibomb

I just pulled a pretty awesome play from the brawl.

I get a Leroy Jenking from turn 1 Unstable portal.. I save it for later.

on turn 3 the opponent plays a portal and gets Wicked Witchdoctor and continues playing the portals until they realize the doctor is just adding more useless totems..

I play leroy jenkings to kill the doctor until it has 4 other totems and then he realizes he can play and concedes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom