• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yep Unstable Portal ruins this brawl. My opponent gets Kel'Thuzad, I get fucking Dalaran Aspirant. RIP.

Its a fun one otherwise though. The party goers are interesting cards mostly. I really really wish Red Riding Hood was a real card. That mechanic is cool and needs to be in the game on more cards.

gutshot

Yep Unstable Portal ruins this brawl. My opponent gets Kel'Thuzad, I get fucking Dalaran Aspirant. RIP.

Its a fun one otherwise though. The party goers are interesting cards mostly. I really really wish Red Riding Hood was a real card. That mechanic is cool and needs to be in the game on more cards.

This is probably a test to see how OP it may or may not be.

Dahbomb

Red Riding Hood is interesting. Expensive at 5 mana but it's like a neutral Frost Nova which makes it very valuable for certain decks. Like with it Paladins can set up Doomsayer better. Of course it's another stall for Freeze Mage.

This is the kind of card that makes your average HS player go online to HS forums to complain about because their Aggro Shaman/Hunter/Zoo deck gets wrecked by it.

Red Riding Hood is interesting. Expensive at 5 mana but it's like a neutral Frost Nova which makes it very valuable for certain decks. Like with it Paladins can set up Doomsayer better. Of course it's another stall for Freeze Mage.

This is the kind of card that makes your average HS player go online to HS forums to complain about because their Aggro Shaman/Hunter/Zoo deck gets wrecked by it.

Maybe they felt it caused too much of an impact on interactivity, like frost nova etc. but being available to every class can have a wider impact on the game thus causing people to whine.

Dahbomb

Yeah this is obviously a card that could actually greatly affect the current meta.

And the thing to note is that it still allows you to attack so you can throw this in Shaman against Zoo, their board is useless and you caused them to skip a turn and you push for big face damage.

If they printed it then they have to change it to so that it affects all minions. This is one of those cards that might get better exploited in non slow/control decks.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this is obviously a card that could actually greatly affect the current meta.

And the thing to note is that it still allows you to attack so you can throw this in Shaman against Zoo, their board is useless and you caused them to skip a turn and you push for big face damage.

If they printed it then they have to change it to so that it affects all minions. This is one of those cards that might get better exploited in non slow/control decks.

It would have a massive effect espeically if it stays neutral. It would finally present an interesting counter to Zoo-style decks where they have basically no removal that isn't a minion. Doomsayer does that as well, but this card has so many more interesting applications because of the taunt as well. In some cases forcing sub-optimal play for a turn or two will be enough to turn around the game in favor of a controlling deck.
Really cool mechanic.

How many frost novas would a freeze mage run if they could run as many as they wanted?

Several more than 2. I would guess at least 4.

Party Portal is so random. Of course I get the 2/2 taunt while my opponent gets the 3/6 taunt one.

Won one game when my opponent used Firelands on his own minion and conceded out of shame.

Won another when I played Troggzor. Heh.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Opp plays Firelands Portal, gets Validated Doomsayer

I play Firelands Portal also get Validated Doomsayer:(

Maelstrom Portal into Mana Wyrm whyyyyyy

wiibomb

Did anyone else have Romulo not work properly for them? Unless I misread, it says heal for five but he only healed me for three.

this happened to me several times..

also with the healing portal, it healed the opponent for 4 instead of 5 (or 6?) even though he wasn't at max health with that +4

Slashlen

Went for 5 losses in the brawl before getting a win. 40 dust again, and my Classic pity counter is now up to 27. I really hate this game sometimes.

Had my most fun Yogg yet today. I'm at 1hp and opponent is at 4. I have two cards left in my deck, Yogg and Roaring Torch. He's a shaman with full board and I have nothing.

I draw Yogg.

I play him and my character turns green meaning I can attack. He has multiple taunts on board but I click and hover over his face and it shows the skull for lethal. I queue the attack and then just get to wait through the 15 or so spells to see how I won. It was pretty fun to watch.

Turns out the board was cleared with Equality and the Shaman 4-5 dmg AOE and then I got Bite. GG Yogg.

Fishlake

People have gotten top 100 Legend with it. Though you kinda have to specify which Secret Hunter you are talking about here.

It's a scary deck and I think I fear hunter secrets more then mage ones.

Some time last week I played a secret eater into what I thought was a freezing trap turn 5 only for him to play 4 more secrets with the huntress. I'm pretty sure he baited me and he deserved that win. I thought for sure he was going to do it the previous turn if he had it, nope.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I like playing longer games with mage. I am too card poor to have any control decks at the moment, but putting together a more control-y mage and it is fun to try to play slow and try to draw the game out until they just have nothing left to attack with.

It's a scary deck and I think I fear hunter secrets more then mage ones.

Some time last week I played a secret eater into what I thought was a freezing trap turn 5 only for him to play 4 more secrets with the huntress. I'm pretty sure he baited me and he deserved that win. I thought for sure he was going to do it the previous turn if he had it, nope.

You're playing secret eater? In standard?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Thijs and Lifecoach are racing to legend, loser bungie jumps (which sounds like what the winner should get to me).

Thijs struggling to get past rank 16.

patchday

Today last day right? I'm just farming gold portrait at this point. I already reached my season high earlier last week or so

I'm also experimenting with builds I want to run next season

KuroNeeko

Wow, just played against one Mage, two Druids, and six Hunters...

Anduin feels a little better with his Resurrect build, but I think it makes you weaker against Control unless you have some massive RNG on your side.

patchday

game is raining resurrect priests. so been running my shaman to get him some wins. I just hex their little priests. seems like theres a 50% chance their spells & onyx keeps bringing back my frogs its pretty funny to make my arch-nemesis suffer so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom