• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Pay 8 mana to Hellfire your own minion? Might as well Shadowflame it for 1 more damage.

If you Lifetap with the card, you're using it as a 4/3, draw a card for 6 mana. Is that something you would play normally?
It's a 3 mana card. 4/3 stats are almost premium. People play Azure Drake primarily for the draw, and I can play the 4/3 earlier to contest the board.

Renolock already plays stuff like Harvest Golem and Imp Gang in 3 slot alongside Farseer, this is not that bad of a substitute for one of the first two ( I would still play Farseer). Most aggro deck players are going to read this text and over estimate it, probably go out of their way to kill it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
In the new biggest bullshit of all time.

Dude drops Barnes which summons a 1/1 Yashraj which then in turn pulls 10/10 Yashraj from his deck.

Biggest bullshit ever.

Kripp did a video on that. He played it in Rogue so he could also use Gang Up to get more Y'Shaarj to pull Y'Shaarj. Chances are the other guy lost like five matches before. If somebody plays a deck that ambitious you can't get too mad.

Levi

Banned
Kripp did a video on that. He played it in Rogue so he could also use Gang Up to get more Y'Shaarj to pull Y'Shaarj. Chances are the other guy lost like five matches before. If somebody plays a deck that ambitious you can't get too mad.

It was probably Ramp Druid which means there were tons of potentially devastating Barnes pulls. Ragnaros, Deathwing Dragonlord, Ysera, Sylvanas, for example.

When they cost life? And it's warlock spells we're talking about?

So what if it's warlock spells and even at the cost of life. 0 mana spells are insanely strong in a game about tempo. You could make a case that warlock wants better spells but at 0 cost, many spells are much stronger than when you pay for them. And warlock is a class that is more limited by their mana, less than their cards due to lifetap. It's potentially broken in a class like warlock... and just absurd to even consider having multiple 0 mana spells in a single turn.

Legendaries are supposed to be broken.

Lol, no they aren't.

Tirion is a balanced card.

It's a 3 mana card. 4/3 stats are almost premium. People play Azure Drake primarily for the draw, and I can play the 4/3 earlier to contest the board.

Renolock already plays stuff like Harvest Golem and Imp Gang in 3 slot alongside Farseer, this is not that bad of a substitute for one of the first two ( I would still play Farseer). Most aggro deck players are going to read this text and over estimate it, probably go out of their way to kill it.
Ah, my bad. That's more viable.

wiibomb

Lol, no they aren't.

I'm sorry but they are... not utterly broken, but they are meant to be the braking point of the game, that's why they are legendary, because they have a much greater impact on the game at the cost of more mana or more patience.

Which other non legendary compares to Ragnaros? or to Sylvannas? Grommash? I know because the moment I added rag to my warriors, everything changed

ZeroX03

Banned
Legendary balance and one per deck has always rubbed me the wrong way. Often just bombs you hope to get but can't rely on. But Hearthstone wants that big luck element. And the design on so many of them are weird or just unplayable.

Dahbomb

Which other non legendary compares to Ragnaros? or to Sylvannas? Grommash? I know because the moment I added rag to my warriors, everything changed
Call of the Wild, 4 mana 7/7, Tunnel Trogg, Mana Wyrm, Flamewaker, Thing from Below, Ravaging Ghoul, Forbidden Ritual, Tuskar Totemic, Fireball, Innervate etc. are all better cards, used more often and win more games than those cards. If we start talking about Wild, aside from Dr Balanced stuff like Mysterious Challenger, Mad Scientist, Belcher, Void Caller and Shredder are more powerful than any Legendary.

The sooner you realize this the better you will be as a player. They aren't as exciting of course but who cares when you are winning.

I would do way, way better with a deck full of commons than a deck full of Legendaries. It wouldn't even be close in fact.

Call of the Wild, 4 mana 7/7, Tunnel Trogg, Mana Wyrm, Flamewaker, Thing from Below, Ravaging Ghoul, Forbidden Ritual, Tuskar Totemic, Fireball, Innervate etc. are all better cards, used more often and win more games than those cards. If we start talking about Wild, aside from Dr Balanced stuff like Mysterious Challenger, Mad Scientist, Belcher, Void Caller and Shredder are more powerful than any Legendary.

The sooner you realize this the better you will be as a player. They aren't as exciting of course but who cares when you are winning.

I would do way, way better with a deck full of commons than a deck full of Legendaries. It wouldn't even be close in fact.
I agree but that has hardly to do with the argument. Legendaries are creatures only for the first part, they rarely synergies amongst themselves and are more top heavy.

Doesn't change how they are being designed to be at more game changing powerlevels than other rarities.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So Medivh is gonna work well in Mage and Token Druid. Any other deck ideas that might work for him? Throw him in a Reno Mage too perhaps? Not sure what to cut though.

cHinzo

Today will be the day I can finally finish my Dragon Pally deck. :> That Book Wyrm is gonna be a great 6 drop.

Edit: damn phone, all these typos.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So Medivh is gonna work well in Mage and Token Druid. Any other deck ideas that might work for him? Throw him in a Reno Mage too perhaps? Not sure what to cut though.

I think some people are suggesting he might be good in Priest.

bjaelke

vS Data Reaper Report #16
DRR16-Class-Freq.-by-Weeks.png
Spare a thought for the warrior class.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think some people are suggesting he might be good in Priest.

Oh yeah sure! I had forgotten about that, but with Blessed Funnelcake lord being the most used Priest 4 drop these days, priests are running a good number of spells. And even if you are running several low cost ones, you always have some Excavated Evil/Holy Novas and your usual assortment of other priest stuff (Lightbomb in Wild, RIP). Or you could always Purify for MEGA VALUE.

I'm sorry but they are... not utterly broken, but they are meant to be the braking point of the game, that's why they are legendary, because they have a much greater impact on the game at the cost of more mana or more patience.

Those are strong cards, but not broken.

cHinzo

Warrior is dropping in popularity while aggro/midrange decks are dominating the ladder. Maybe it is time for an aggro Paladin resurgence?

Doubt aggro pally will beat aggro Shaman though. Especially with their cheaper aoe, heavier burst and high HP minions for a low cost.

Xanathus

Welp a simple 1-drop, Voidwalker, completely breaks both the normal and heroic Netherspite boss battle. Good work Blizzard design team.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

God damn it, I'm 6-7 playing that deck, and it would litterally be an improvement to not have Y'Shaarj in the deck for all those games. I drew or discarded Y'Shaarj in well over half my games, while I drew Barnes literally three times, all after turn 4 and after drawing/discarding Y'Shaarj.

The fact that I'm still almost 50% despite just starting to play it and never getting the draw the deck was built for shows how much potential that deck has.

Removed one Cat Trick for a Bear Trap because it can be hard to bait out spells without minions in some matchups, and Emperor for freezing trap because Barnes needs something if you draw Y'Shaarj first, which is 50% likely outside your opening mulligan, and it's a pretty free win to Barnes out an Emperor anyway.

Fishlake

Heroic netherspite is something else. Twisting nether and the ability to turn your minions to 1healt save me target dummy and shield bearer. That was fun.

Freeze mage works just fine on the ghost but I still need to do the last 1 3/3 chargers hurt to top it off with 2 6/6s.

Oh use the jousting charger on neatherspite it makes quick work of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom