• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladekabel

Playing Brawl because of quest. Got Trade Prince from a Portal. Never had an empty hand since then until the opponent conceded.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I don't mind climbing back up the ladder. I don't really get the complaints about it being a grind. You're just playing the game. If playing the game is a grind then you don't like the game and making the ladder time period longer won't fix your problems with it.

And the possibility of slightly easier opponents is always welcome.

patchday

I don't mind climbing back up the ladder. I don't really get the complaints about it being a grind. You're just playing the game. If playing the game is a grind then you don't like the game and making the ladder time period longer won't fix your problems with it.

And the possibility of slightly easier opponents is always welcome.

you responding to me? I love this game. I don't mind lol

good morning gaf. yet another season has begun. Time to climb back up this ladder

zNA2aiU.gif

Levi

Banned
tp3VX3N.png

Feels really fucking bad.

Z2vjiOe.png

I'd be stoked to get Weaponsmith but I already crafted two in gold. The other two cards I'll never use.

Shit results get shit rewards I guess.

DSmalls84

Anyone think that the release of Imp will make some competitive Zoo variants? Definitely a cool card just not sure how good a discard variant will be.

patchday

fuck rng brawls again, and again and again

Those brawls are great for beginners that have hardly any cards (I know I loved rng brawls when I had no cards).

Granted nowadays I just run in there to grab my free pack. probably wont accept any brawl quests either this week. but I like the concept. It was ok for 3-4 matches but it went a little long

Levi

Banned
I guess all the tryhards trying to get back to legend after being dumped down to pleb ranks are using that aggro Rogue. Faced three already this season, and I only faced it once all last season.

Apathy

Those brawls are great for beginners that have hardly any cards (I know I loved rng brawls when I had no cards).

Granted nowadays I just run in there to grab my free pack. probably wont accept any brawl quests either this week. but I like the concept. It was ok for 3-4 matches but it went a little long

I have zero idea how anyone can find this fun. There is nothing fun about rng and getting fucked over because you pull out a river croc and your opponent seems to have a horseshoe up their ass and keeps pulling wave after wave of just the best possible minions from portals

I'm really excited about Medivh + Lay on Hands.
It seems like the spell density doesn't have to be too high to get use out of him.
Also Medivh + Solemn Vigil for discounted 5 drops.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Medivh is going to be a frustrating card to run for a bit because you won't get good value off him the turn he's played and lots and lots of oozes and Harrisons will be run for at least a few weeks.

Levi

Banned
I forgot the new wing was dropping today. Maybe I'll do all the heroics for Kara instead of banging my head against ladder, get a cardback I'll never use.

Which cardbacks are you guys using these days? What I want is the ability to have it picked randomly for me every match, but since it isn't, I've been bouncing between the BRM preorder cardback and the BRM Heroic cardback.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
In the new biggest bullshit of all time.

Dude drops Barnes which summons a 1/1 Yashraj which then in turn pulls 10/10 Yashraj from his deck.

Biggest bullshit ever.

Pooya

Dude drops Barnes which summons a 1/1 Yashraj which then in turn pulls 10/10 Yashraj from his deck.

Biggest bullshit ever.

If it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure that deck only plays Barnes and Mr. Y as the only minions and it's built to pull off that combo to get a 10/10 out on turn 4. It's some top50 list floating around.

bjaelke

h..how would that work??
One is a modified version of Yogg and Load with Malygos/Curator and a couple of other new cards.

Second one is more mid-rangy with the beast/dragon synergy and some removal. My only worry is the lack of non-beast buff cards that would allow me to do value trades. Paladin got the portal and muster for dragon - both card I could find room for.

Last one is just straight up Reno Dragson.

And they probably wont work but I have to give them a chance.

wiibomb

I forgot the new wing was dropping today. Maybe I'll do all the heroics for Kara instead of banging my head against ladder, get a cardback I'll never use.

Which cardbacks are you guys using these days? What I want is the ability to have it picked randomly for me every match, but since it isn't, I've been bouncing between the BRM preorder cardback and the BRM Heroic cardback.

I've been using the ONiK preorder cardback, mainly because it has a nice effect with the stars and the ball.

Previously I used the cardback from may, the one with water and the green monster (similar to Yogg-saron) since I loved the effect of the monster eating the sign.

Usually I chose the more functional cardbacks... the ones that have effects or moving things

Levi

Banned

Biggest bullshit ever.

That happened to me but I was playing a midrange hunter and I drew so perfectly that I won anyway.

I'm partial to switching up here and there, but just switched to the August cardback (it's so nice!). I love seasonal stuff, so I switch to the browner cardbacks in the fall, and breaking out the Winterveil cardback the day after Thanksgiving.

Dahbomb

So, decks to try out once the wing drops...

Peddler Rogue
Medivh Rogue
Dragon Paladin
Secret Mage
Control Paladin Feat. Malchezzar
Ramp Druid
Control Shaman?
Token Druid with Medivh
Discard Zoo
Dragon Priest
Dragon Paladin
Ramp Druid with Moonglade and Barnes
Control Warrior with Ironforge (replacing Bloodhoofs)

I am going to be throwing that new 3 drop that makes you immune in Renolock. Maybe throw in Chogall in there for lulz too

Token Druid with Medivh
Discard Zoo
Dragon Priest
Dragon Paladin
Ramp Druid with Moonglade and Barnes

I am going to be throwing that new 3 drop that makes you immune in Renolock. Maybe throw in Chogall in there for lulz too

I haven't decided if I like violet illusionist or not, but seems weak in renolock. You maybe get like 2 hp saved off it? ERF will save your more than that.

I think 4/3 stats means you want to be using a weapon to remove minions and then just go face with the 4/3. So maybe weapon rogue, shaman, and less likely hunter. Warrior as well but they just seem to have better health recovery/maintenance cards, then again perhaps for tempo warrior.

But I'm pretty sure forbidden spells give you a 0 mana minion.

Yeah, when forbidden spells cost 0 mana (not affected by loatheb or anything), they cost 0 mana to activate then drain the rest of your mana. It uses the mana you spend casting the spell.

Once in wild I had played loatheb and someone played forbidden fireball (whatever the mage one is called) and he didn't know that because the spell cost 5, only 1 or 2 mana would remain to be used in the damage portion and that was a huge blunder.

edit:
Damn, was gonna play some TESL to finish up quests before getting sucked into HS again, but they're in maintenance :(

Dahbomb

You can use it with Jaraxxus too to hit some minions. But of course the main thing I want it for is Chogall.

This is my final test with that card before I say it's garbage (until next expansion and Warlock gets big spells).

Fuck that since it doesn't work with Forbidden cards the other way around they count as 0 always.

Yeah, cause the forbidden cards do in fact cost 0 to cast. They just use up the rest of your mana after being cast. See my post above.

You can use it with Jaraxxus too to hit some minions. But of course the main thing I want it for is Chogall.

This is my final test with that card before I say it's garbage (until next expansion and Warlock gets big spells).

But how're you gonna have that 4/3 and chogal on the board at the same time? If chogal's text lasted across turns I guess...

I don't think you can wait til turn 10 after all.

Dahbomb

That's why I am going to be testing it. You also might save some HP to your face with Hellfire.

I don't expect it to be good but without trying you never know. Maybe it can live foe an additional turn and you get to save 4 HP from taps.

That's why I am going to be testing it. You also might save some HP to your face with Hellfire.

I don't expect it to be good but without trying you never know. Maybe it can live foe an additional turn and you get to save 4 HP from taps.
Pay 8 mana to Hellfire your own minion? Might as well Shadowflame it for 1 more damage.

If you Lifetap with the card, you're using it as a 4/3, draw a card for 6 mana. Is that something you would play normally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom