• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

writing everything on RNG isn't really fair here either, the only silly games were the first one and the mage one. Pavel won with warrior without any dumb luck and same goes for the last game pretty much, that maly roll isn't really lucky, he could get most of others in his deck and it would still be good, like emperor is even more crazy there or azure drake is just enough too. Sap is a card, 2 of in the deck, rogue is usually favored against druid. He won fair and square, both had one non sense win.

fertygo

Druid seems to suck in tournaments unless your opponent is nice enough not to play threats. You end up playing all your win conditions early. Anyone know what Druid's win rate at this tourney is?

That's how Druid top deck work currently, its can lose to everything, you can even lose with it if queue in rank 25, if you get insanely clunky hand

But Druid also can win against everything, its has no especially unwinnable matchup, the matchup is always around 45-55 win percentage

Also Spell based druid isn't really easy to pilot, I saw plenty messed up druid play in this tourney, Notably Thijs and some other.

wiibomb

btw I guess in all this tantrum of cards released I totally forgot... have they talked anything about the game modes? either new or changing the current ones somehow

writing everything on RNG isn't really fair here either, the only silly games were the first one and the mage one. Pavel won with warrior without any dumb luck and same goes for the last game pretty much, that maly roll isn't really lucky, he could get most of others in his deck and it would still be good, like emperor is even more crazy there or azure drake is just enough too. Sap is a card, 2 of in the deck, rogue is usually favored against druid. He won fair and square, both had one non sense win.

I think mainly the second to last match had extraordinary luck for Pavel with that babbling book luck. But it's not like amnesiac didn't enjoy some luck that match. His ragnaros sniped the best target on the board (33% chance) compared to pavel's flamewaker refusing to hit rag once (75% chance to hit at least once).

The sap wasn't that lucky as he had 3 draws to get it and he had 2 of it. And I agree, rogue is usually favored against maly druid, at least from personal experience.

The polymorph was incredibly lucky, even though there are 2 polymorphs. On the other hand, before that point I felt like amnesiac was getting all the luck so I don't even feel bad for him in there.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Is there anywhere to see the decklists for this challengestone thing?

So this card stuck out to me quite a bit.
636138699340422859.png

It's not tempo mage. It's fatigue mage and perhaps reno mage. The text isn't as strong as gang up, since gang up can target enemy minions, but it's far more useful in mage where you have ice block.

Szadek

So this card stuck out to me quite a bit.
636138699340422859.png

It's not tempo mage. It's fatigue mage and perhaps reno mage. The text isn't as strong as gang up, since gang up can target enemy minions, but it's far more useful in mage where you have ice block.
Looks like a cool card for a control deck.
Either play as 3/4 for 3 against an fast deck or save it to copy a boss monster when playing against another control deck.

Dahbomb

Can Kazakus heal you to full?
I think I saw 10 HP heal option for one of the 10 mana slots. If options can repeat then maybe you can get a 20 heal for 10 mana. Ideally I think you want heal plus board clear or heal plus develop a body/resurrect minions.

I stopped playing for a while

Is Kara worth buying?
And there is a new expansion announced? I better save my gold

Does this mean more sets are being phased out of standard?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
God damn it, does every game have to come down to Ragnaros RNG?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I stopped playing for a while

Is Kara worth buying?
And there is a new expansion announced? I better save my gold

Does this mean more sets are being phased out of standard?

Black Rock Mountain, League of Explorers, and The Grand Tournament will be phased out of standard in March/April, when Blizard releases the following expansion after Mean Streets of Gadgetzan

ZeroX03

Banned
Just saw the new set. Not feeling it. Was obvious that Priest was going to get busted shit but Druid didn't need it. Where's my cool Shaman, Warlock and Hunter stuff?

Down for aggro/buff Paladin if they keep going in that direction.

Also Patches is the coolest fuck card, shame pirates are attached to my least favorite classes.

Why is this such a popular phase? "Blizzard, stop trying to make -deck theme- viable!"

Unless that deck theme is FREEZE mage. I get that.

I think the paladin draw card is could be pretty good in midrange. Cycles out your 1 drops so you don't draw them in the late game. Could be pretty strong in the midgame because you can guarantee synergies. I like it a lot. Hearthstone needs more trick decks. Less curve gods.

Pooya

I don't think anything paladin got is playable so far. It's just so sub par compared with the field. I'm not sure why they're so conservative with paladin cards when elsewhere they're doing what they're doing.

they made a slightly better razorfen hunter for dragon paladin now look at those priest cards, lol.

aggro decks with like 1 hp minions and such are not going to be good in next meta, there so many cards you instantly lose to.

fertygo

Is the new Dragon Priest gonna counter mid-shaman really hard?

I mean the new board clear can even clear thing from below, its can absolutely decimate mid-shamy board, and also the dragon steal card can made you had decent chance to steal lightning storm

the 1-3 curve also killer

Dahbomb

Because we have had weenie/aggro Paladin decks in the past and they are not fun to play against.

Sure... someone can use those cards in a Midrange Paladin deck but that's not what will actually happen. Someone is going to make a vomit everything on the board Paladin deck then reload with the draw card and Divine Favor.

_DrMario_

Just died from 32 health against a freeze mage with an empty board. God I cannot fucking wait until Emperor gets the fuck out of Standard.

Why is this such a popular phase? "Blizzard, stop trying to make -deck theme- viable!"

It eats into the design space you want them to support. I don't want weenie / aggro paladin to be the focus, I want more control tools. NZoth paladin needs a push in standard and it's not by buffing weenies especially not as long as Shaman has all that AoE and spell damage an efficient direct damage spell, more or better aoe, stickier minions. With the push priest is receiving paladin pretty much needs a stealth deathrattle value minion.

Because we have had weenie/aggro Paladin decks in the past and they are not fun to play against.

Sure... someone can use those cards in a Midrange Paladin deck but that's not what will actually happen. Someone is going to make a vomit everything on the board Paladin deck then reload with the draw card and Divine Favor.

Don't get my comments about midrange wrong. It's obviously good in aggro... to the point that I think it doesn't need to be pointed out. And aggro is just as acceptable as midrange imo. But where I am excited for the card is in midrange.

It eads into the design space you want them to support. I don't want weenie / aggro paladin to be the focus, I want more control tools. NZoth paladin needs a push in standard and it's not by buffing weenies especially not as long as Shaman has all that AoE and spell damage an efficient direct damage spell, more or better aoe, stickier minions.

I play control paladin probably more often than anyone in the entire gaf community. I got gold portrait and legend with control paladin.

Pooya

Is the new Dragon Priest gonna counter mid-shaman really hard?

I mean the new board clear can even clear thing from below, its can absolutely decimate mid-shamy board, and also the dragon steal card can made you had decent chance to steal lightning storm

the 1-3 curve also killer

yeah between clears and book wyrm, mid shaman is hard countered, high health minions like dragons are so hard to clear for shaman too. Priest already does quite well against shaman actually, there is this list purple is playing and he never loses to mid shaman.

I made rank 5 with Nzoth pally just last month too and also got the golden portrait, the only class I have golden. Not sure what the point of this is.

Well the idea that for control paladin to prosper, aggro paladin must be weak is just silly. I have all the desire in the world to see strong control paladin cards, but that doesn't have to be at the expense of other deck types for the class.

Portugeezer

Cheonsu making some great plays, some of the best HS play I have seen in a while. RNG not withstanding, I think he's gonna win the tournament.

Well the idea that for control paladin to prosper, aggro paladin must be weak is just silly. I have all the desire in the world to see strong control paladin cards, but that doesn't have to be at the expense of other deck types for the class.
I told you why I don't want weenie paladin pushed not that aggro paladin has to be weak. It always comes at an expense unless it pushes both archetypes, which is difficult between aggro and control, because there's only a limited amount of new cards per class.

this is the most fun i've ever had in a brawl tbh, as long as you can silence the steeds

what do u think could make this deck more fun?

Forbidden ritual
flame imp
power overwhelming
dark bomb
dark peddler
renounce darkness
dredsteed
ironbeak
spellbreaker
prince

u get a 42 card deck (LOL) so basically the strategy is you hard mulligan for owl against warlock, but other than that, try to build a 10 card hand fast (bc you'll lose your draw when you drop renounce obviously), then unleash renounce darkness, and hold on to your butts. the other cards are just there to help you survive until you get a large hand. then princes cards are playable because everything else is cheap, and just utter chaos ensues with every game being a different shitstorm. i love it, need to find some tweaks though

the funny thing is, coldlight in any deck in this brawl is a good idea, people build enormous hands in this brawl because of the bad curves and greedy deckbuilding. divine favor with cheap pally decks is fun too

i feel like you could make an amazing mill warlock with the use of prince, even just with this joke deck i often have twice as many cards as my opponent. so many fun ideas to explore in this brawl. sylvanas so good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom