• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The bulk of the filler cards come at the end with the dump. Right now they are revealing the cards which would generate the most hype.

I am liking a majority of these cards so far though.

You say that, but when Old Gods revealed, people kept complaining about how all they were showing was filler cards.

Cat Party

I know people are going crazy over the Priest cards but so far nothing has actually made me think that Priest will dominate the meta quite like Shaman is right now.

Priest still has the same bad match ups. It still loses to Rogue, still loses to Control Locks. Dragon Priest looks hella buffed but it's still going to lose to Freeze Mage etc.

I am saying it's basically making Priest better at what it's already good at but not really improving some of its worst match ups.

But we still have most of the expansion to go so who knows what's in store.
Being able to steal freeze mage's draw minions will help big time.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Pint-sized potion + SW:p
You're two-for-oneing yourself. Not good

Pint-sized potion + Shadow Word Horror
A very specific combo, neither card is superb by themselves, so you are looking for this specific combo. Auchenai + Circle is better since those cards have individual utility without requiring them to be used together.

Pint-sized potion + Potion of Madness or Shadow Madness
Whatever you're stealing has to have high attack and low health, otherwise your opponent is going to get their minion back with no change in board state. Keeping in mind here that whatever you run your stolen minion into will also have lower attack because of the potion. This is baaaaad.

Pint-sized potion + Cabal Shadow Priest
This combo is potentially powerful to steal 4/5 attack minions. This makes it less situational than Shrinkmeister but I'm not sure that it's any better. Shrinkmeister had a body you could use and this does not. You certainly aren't going to run 2 pint-sized potions if this is the combo you are hoping for, because it will just clunk up your hand and ruin your draws. You need other synergies. A possible one-of in this situation.

Pint-sized potion by itself
Only useful in the specific situation where both you and your opponent have decently-sized boards at the same time. Like several minions with 3 or 5 attack. So not even great against something like zoo.

Pooya

ok, druid got one kinda bad card I guess

636138707358341231.png

Dahbomb

Amnesiac just riding that RNG wave.

Pavel already looking tilted.

ok, druid got one kinda bad card I guess

636138707358341231.png

I mean is it really? It's a 1 mana Power of the Wild, you can get it from Ravel Idol, it's a cheap spell to discount Arcane Giant. Seems pretty solid for Token Druid.

Pooya

Well......................................................

power of the wild for 1 mana....................

I've done the math. It's a good card.

It's not flexible though! that's the druid thing and if you have no board it doesn't do anything. do you need more power of the wilds?!

It's not flexible though! that's the druid thing and if you have no board it doesn't do anything. do you need more power of the wilds?!

Think of it like this. If you're playing 2 mana for 3/2 off power of the wild, you're probably in a bad situation. In token decks you almost always want to play for +1/+1. I think the flexibility of power of the wild is rather a choice between a strong option and a weak option, except when combo'd with fandral of course. Outside of fandral, you have a very powerful power of the wild since the difference between 1 mana and 2 mana is rather huge. The only difference is that you lack the weak option of power of the wild.

I think people will be okay with that trade off. Actually, they might just cut power of the wild out entirely from token druid decks because being able to violet teacher + any other spells and then lotus... really good imo. Imagine turn 4 violet teacher, innervate, living roots, lotus. 4/6 + 2/2, 2/2, 2/2, 2/2. It's a 4 card combo, but the cheapness of lotus will just make those sort of combos even easier to pull off, and sometimes just 1 turn earlier is all the difference.

(Not so) Quick rundown of all the cards from my perspective.

Druid
Mark of the Lotus - Cheaper yet less flexible Power of the Wild. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Maybe an all out token Druid runs all four.
Pilfered Power - Druid has so many options to ramp now that I'm not sure how this fits in. Darnassus Aspirant was pretty much abandoned due to being unreliable so I can't imagine Druid flocking to this all that much.
Lunar Visions - Insane, potentially broken. The one thing going against it is that Druid is very spell heavy right now. That said, this is an auto include in any Druid deck that runs a good number of minions in my opinion.
Kun the Forgotten King - Not sure how I feel about this quite yet. Obviously it has some insane combo potential but I feel like this a card like Aviana that will end up being underwhelming.

Hunter
Piranha Launcher - Too expensive for a 2 attack weapon. Spawning the 1/1 is nice but it doesn't seem impactful enough to make up for the underwhelming stats on the weapon.

Mage
Manic Soulcaster- Seems ridiculously good to me. Can't see a reason why you wouldn't play this in most Mage decks.

Paladin
Getaway Kodo - Doesn't seem particularly noteworthy. Pretty much always going to hit the Defender from Noble Sacrifice in Secret Paladin. Whether that's good enough, I'm not sure.
Meanstreet Marshal - Potentially a very strong effect, just not sure if this Zoo/Buff Paladin Blizzard seems to want is actually going to take off.
Small-Time Recruits - Again, potentially strong in the right deck. I'm just not sure that deck is there right now. Helps that Paladin has Selfless Hero which is a decent card as well.
Wickerflame Burnbristle - The effect isn't particularly great as healing in the early game is usually not worthwhile. Obviously has the advantage of trading really well (like Minibot) but whether that's enough for it to see play, I'm not sure. Potentially insane if you can buff it though.

Priest
Pint-Size Potion - Obviously has great synergy with several Priest cards but does the class really need more combo based removal? That said, in a minion based deck like Dragon Priest this seems really good for forcing favorable trades.
Potion of Madness - Very strong depending on the meta. Obviously great against aggro, less so against control. Although snagging something like an Acolyte of Pain is still useful.
Kabal Talonpriest - It's insane. Likely goes in most, if not all Priest decks for the forseeable future.
Drakanoid Operative - Two of in Dragon Priest, no questions asked. Very, very strong.
Dragonfire Potion - Probably the final piece of the puzzle for Dragon Priest. From what has been shown so far, it has the potential to be a tier 1 deck in my opinion. Does have the weakness to Azure Drake though.

Rogue
Counterfeit Coin - Is the coin worth a slot or two in your deck? I guess it's time to find out. Wouldn't surprise me if this becomes staple in some Rogue decks.
Lotus Assassin - Solid card but I struggle to see how it fits into what Rogue tries to do currently.

Shaman
Nada

Warlock
Nada

Warrior
I Know a Guy - Potentially strong, solely because of the versatility. There are a lot of solid/good taunt minions that don't make it into decks but could be very strong as part of a discover like this where you can choose one that best fits the situation.

Grimy Goons
Grimestreet Informant - I'm not sure that Hunter, Paladin or Warrior are in need of a discover mechanic like this. Warrior is the class I could see make the most use out of it though.

Jade Lotus
Lotus Agents - Rogue could maybe have some interest here. I don't think Druid or Shaman have any reason to bother.

Kabal
Kabal Courier - The strongest of the three tri-class discover cards in my opinion. I think it fits reasonable well in a Reno deck, something Warlock and Mage can pull off and something Priest has dabbled in.
Kazakus - Seems to be a really strong effect, albeit with a deck building limitation and three class restriction. That said, I think all three classes have Reno potential so I think it will definitely see some play.

Neutral
Mistress of Mixtures - Great card, most likely a death knell to face decks. Renolock loves it, other decks could potentially find a place for it.
Patches the Pirate - Immediately goes in Pirate Warrior. A staple in pirate decks going forward.
Friendly Bartender - More neutral healing, although not as powerful as Mistress of Mixtures. Without much aggro on the ladder I don't see this being in consideration.
Fel Orc Soulfiend - Priest immediately comes to mind. Even aside from that it seems like a minion with relatively strong board presence in the early game. Not sure where it fits exactly but it's definitely interesting.
Kooky Chemist - Could be decent but it's not like Crazed Alchemist sees all that much play at the moment. Probably doesn't see much play really.
Second-Rate Bruiser - Probably not worthwhile. Cyclopian Horror served a similar purpose and hasn't seen much play at all, though granted this card is probably a bit more reliable.
Finja, the Flying Star - Very cool card and I think it has potential in Anyfin. While it does dilute your combo a little bit, the trade off of pulling the murlocs out immediately is potentially very, very strong especially for a combo deck that already focuses on cycle. It'll be interesting to see what happens with this one.
Big-Time Racketeer - Nothing too special about this one. Seems like it could be pretty solid for Evolve decks. Obviously a significant nerf to Moonglade Portal.
Wind-Up Burglebot - Cool card, but I can't imagine it being strong enough at 6 mana.

Razakin

I've never understood people being salty about topdecks. RNG I can understand, as it can be just a tad annoying time to time, but not drawing answer when you need it.

I also wonder how many people discard the saltiness when they topdeck to victory. But then, I did pick Amnesiac as my champion, so I might be bit biased.

Kettch

Pint-Size Potion and Potion of Madness are great because they fit right into established priest decks. The pyro synergy might be more important than anything else.

Imagine responding to your opponent's Acolyte of Pain with Pyro+Madness, that's game over.

IDK if this is how Pavel normally plays but jesus it is not smart to not think things through and its killing him in these games. RNG is beating him down for it as well.

Again? Priests got shafted with the last two expansions, finally we are getting some good cards so we can control the game, hopefully.

Well priest of the feast is a really good card. So is onyx bishop. I think the weakness of priest speaks more towards the classic cards than the cards they've received in the last 2 expansions.

Paladin has gotten mostly aggressive cards this expansion. I can see why he might end up being disappointed so far.

Pooya

the change to ethereal peddler makes sense now, you discover it in druid then discount all your druid cards by 2, lul.

Razakin

Seems that the Mean Streets pre-order doesn't have cardback included on it, so guess I can save some money now. All depends how much gold I manage to grind before the release and when exactly on December it is released.

I wonder how much that matters with pre-ordering now.

Pooya

how come that priest dragon card has no stat loss? that's just non sense, card advantage and full stats, even if it's a dragon condition it should be a like 5/5 at most. what a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom