• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

hotMEOWTH seems really pissed at his warrior, he probably should have two patrons in the deck at least, I don't get it.

I told you why I don't want weenie paladin pushed not that aggro paladin has to be weak. It always comes at an expense unless it pushes both archetypes, which is difficult between aggro and control, because there's only a limited amount of new cards per class.

The point I am making is that one doesn't have to suck for the other to be good, whether it's "weenie" paladin... whatever that means or aggro paladin. N'zoth paladin isn't even a bad deck. I don't even think it really needs more tools. And I doubt they'll be buffing n'zoth decks as they know how broken it can be if they push that power curve.

And I think in the past we've seen a lot of cross over between aggro paladin and control paladin. I wouldn't even count out drawing 3 1 mana minions in a control list, simply because it's a very precise, efficient draw. You can aim to draw shifter zerus, for example.

edit:
The crossovers in the past we've seen are like minibot, muster for battle, truesilver champion, consecration... etc., I'm sure there are a lot more than that.

white weenie is an mtg archetype defined by a ton of 1 drops with some anthem effects (buffing all minions). It's the closest to what Blizzard is trying to push Paladin into.

NZoth paladin is a fun deck but it's badly positioned. Too many decks can kill from 30, including murloc paladin, too many decks can outlast it in fatigue and too many decks can cripple NZoth. If Priest ends up pushed, Paladin, at least the NZoth variant, will probably end up as the worst deck that still gets a mention.

Pooya

HotMEOWTH brought a deck he clearly is not comfortable to play, choking hard right now.

I don't get it, he banned Druid! his decks are actually best against druid, he left the shaman open instead... I'd be surprised if he wins this series.

Dahbomb

hotMEOWTH seems really pissed at his warrior, he probably should have two patrons in the deck at least, I don't get it.
Yeah I don't get no second Patron in the deck. When I saw his newer lists I kinda thought this might be the end of the road for him.

Though he still has good match up left against the Zoolock.

Pooya

3-0. so far, I seriously doubt zoo could fail to get a win in 4 games. specially when 2 of them is against mage/driud. Somebody gave Hot seriously bad advice...

you have patron! you don't ban druid over shaman dude.

with that said DrHippi is playing extremely well.

Pooya

He basically threw his Blizzcon run.

My boy DrHippi got me 4 packs so far. glad I went with him over young savage now.

gutshot

Welp. I guess 3 packs ain't too bad. Sucks we couldn't change our champion after they switched up their decks. Def would've moved off of hotmeowth after seeing that warrior deck wtf.

Dahbomb

Welp. I guess 3 packs ain't too bad. Sucks we couldn't change our champion after they switched up their decks. Def would've moved off of hotmeowth after seeing that warrior deck wtf.
Yeah me too. Not just his Warrior deck but he had weird inclusions in his other decks too like Ancestral Healing in Midrange Shaman.

fertygo

If I'm switching I most likely gonna switch to Amnesiac and he get highrolled the fuck out, so I can't upset I can't switch.. oh well.

I think Pavel would have been my second pick based on his qualifier performance, and I was pleased with his play again. I should have picked him but I went with the popular pick of thijs. Oh well.

edit:
I just had a rogue prep+anyfin on turn 7. He didn't trade and that gave me lethal but even if he had, his anyfin would make my first anyfin hit for like 20 which would have been lethal anyway. Was cool seeing though!

fertygo

Why the heell people on hearthpwn say Kun only worth for combo with aviana?

no you don't need aviana at all to had Kun in your druid

You use Kun, refresh 10 mana, swipe some shit and draw card, boom tempo swing

jgminto

Kun seems like a better version of Chogall in that they are both designed to create board and tempo swings. Even though Kun is heavier, the potential of a full ten mana that can be used in any way alongside a free 7/7 is huge.

Why the heell people on hearthpwn say Kun only worth for combo with aviana?

no you don't need aviana at all to had Kun in your druid

You use Kun, refresh 10 mana, swipe some shit and draw card, boom tempo swing

Dunno, I think that's pretty dumb. Aviana + kun seems super good but just being able to play the 7/7 alongside an ancient of war or a ragnaros is really good.

They're probably judging the 0 mana 7/7 nature in a deck that plays 0 mana arcane giants. I don't think it's a good comparison since a lot of your deck needs to be built around arcane giants, whereas several of the cards they're adding and perhaps Kun as well fit best in a more minion based deck like beast druid that doesn't run arcane giant.

Do you think they're going to give out a bunch of packs like they did with WotOG or was that just a thing for the launch of standard.

that was only a thing because cthun existed to keep from backlash of people drawing cthun in one of their first packs and it being useless

mill druid is so satisfying in this brawl

Molten Giant is standard. It didn't need the nerf that made it unplayable.

Arcane giant rotates and it's a very different card than molten giant, the same way mountain giant is a very different card than molten giant. The purpose of rotating cards is to change the meta, the same reason they nerfed classic cards so they don't stay around forever. Dunno how many times this has to be pointed out, but there it is.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Finally back from the show floor.

Watched my boy Pavel beast his way through an 0-3 start to 4-3 win. Saw hamster earlier as well. Sad he lost dude had good decks.

Looks like priest is getting a great 3 drop and a 6mana board clear (5dmg everything but not dragons), which is good but damn it why did they limit it like that? So frustrating. Card is clearly great though.

The new board is fun so far, not Stormwind city fun, but a few good things to click on.

They had a Paladin aggro-ish deck, a Priest Dragon/Control deck, and a Druid deck that I did not play (yet). Gonna go back tomorrow.

ScribbleD

So I've played Hearthstone very sporadically here and there, and I haven't touched it in maybe half a year. I want to get back into it and start investing more time in, but as a F2P player it continues to feel kind of daunting trying to make any progress. Any advice?

Wow, I am at a shitty rank this season and I am playing so many random shit tier decks. Rank 15 is so weird.

So I've played Hearthstone very sporadically here and there, and I haven't touched it in maybe half a year. I want to get back into it and start investing more time in, but as a F2P player it continues to feel kind of daunting trying to make any progress. Any advice?

Arena is the fastest way. It takes time to learn and is difficult, but it's definitely the fastest.

Do 1 daily once a day. That way you can relatively keep up without burning yourself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom