• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
5 mana 3/3 deal 3 damage gain 4 armor isn't that much of a swing. Nice as a flexible option, but I don't think it's what you want to aim for in general.

Uh... 5 mana 3/3 deal 3 damage gain 4 armor is opie opie. A 5 mana 3/3 deal 3 damage is already a pretty good card, as it's marginally better than bomb lobber, plus you get 4 armor on top of that. Or think of it kind of like Antique Healbot where you trade 4 healing for 3 damage.

Dahbomb

Massive mistake? It was a misclick...
Misclick is a form of mistake. He made an error. It was massive.

Like if a Shaman player made a mistake like that at the tournament, then people would be up in arms and be like "lul garbage Shaman player in top 4 of Blizzcon, skillful game."

Wait what happened sorry so much going on at twitch this weekend so im like half paying attention to HS,Overwatch and mystery tournament at the same time.
He played Backstab and Van Cleef but he played Backstab before playing Van Cleef so he got a 2/2 Cleef instead of a 4/4 Cleef.

Uh... 5 mana 3/3 deal 3 damage gain 4 armor is opie opie. A 5 mana 3/3 deal 3 damage is already a pretty good card, as it's marginally better than bomb lobber, plus you get 4 armor on top of that. Or think of it kind of like Antique Healbot where you trade 4 healing for 3 damage.

You're also running essentially a highlander deck to get that slightly better than a neutral never played card. I'm pretty sure you want more than 3 damage and 4 armor from that kind of card. I think if you're picking 1 mana, it's because you absolutely must and not because your deck wants to.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
You're also running essentially a highlander deck to get that slightly better than a neutral never played card. I'm pretty sure you want more than 3 damage and 4 armor from that kind of card. I think if you're picking 1 mana, it's because you absolutely must and not because your deck wants to.

You need a lot of value from kazakus to make him worth it in a post Reno world. But until then, any value you get justifies his inclusion.

Dahbomb

I am crafting Kazakus and putting it in my Renolock. Like instantly. Deck may still under perform and the card may under perform but this is one of those interesting cards that you need to try out in a bunch of games to know for sure.

Pavel wins, FIRST GRAND FINALIST!

bjaelke

We've worked on three archetypes for this expansion.
One of those is Dragon. Another is the "Reno" type. Third is the "tricky Priest deck with lots of spells."

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
any word yet on if there are any free packs like Whispers, or should I be literally saving all my gold

Dahbomb

One of those is Dragon. Another is the "Reno" type. Third is the "tricky Priest deck with lots of spells."
I guess that's what the 1 mana card is for. They want those spell combinations like Auchenai + Circle. Don't know how good that is going to be.

ZealousD

You're also running essentially a highlander deck to get that slightly better than a neutral never played card.

It's not slightly better. It's a hell of a lot better. OP as fuck. Ironforge Portal is played, costs 5 mana and it gives 4 armor and some random ass 4 drop. A 4 mana 3/3 deal 3 would be the most OP 4 drop ever printed.

Kazakus is an amazing, amazing card for a highlander deck.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hearthstone Q&A starting now with Producers/Designers.
- They will soon have 'new tech' that will let them fine-tune how often individual cards can show up in Arena
- Teased the idea that the tech will allow card picks to influence future picks (choosing one Murloc makes more Murlocs show up as possible picks, etc.)
- Reiterating that there are no current plans for a new hero class (reasoning = no design space for a new class)
- They're considering making old card backs available
- They're considering making the rank drop on each season be less punishing (might become 1.5x Stars per rank, etc.)
- No plans for a Hearthstone API

Any place running a play by play of this?

Have they talked about selling old adventures?

It's not slightly better. It's a hell of a lot better. OP as fuck. Ironforge Portal is played, costs 5 mana and it gives 4 armor and some random ass 4 drop. A 4 mana 3/3 deal 3 would be the most OP 4 drop ever printed.

Kazakus is an amazing, amazing card for a highlander deck.

Ironforge portal enables shield slam. 4 armor on priest is a rather weak heal. You're going to want a bit more than that from kazakus most of the time. I think you need bigger impact to make up for the inconsistency of your deck, hence reno being a full heal.

Look at reno. That's the power curve you should compare kazakus to, being of the same vein and a legendary. I'm not saying that kazakus doesn't meet that. I am saying that getting 3 damage and 4 armor is not strong on that power curve.

hell no lol

as long he within 11 damage range, pavel can't use c'thun

I didn't say it was the right move though, but perhaps his consideration.

Rockk

He didn't hit with dagger because he sapped the 4/6 taunt and wouldn't have been able to get through that and armor up without a third minion. Gadgetzen is the right play there in more cases than not I believe.

Magnus

I laughed out loud at this one, too. Lots of SPELLS!

Any place running a play by play of this?

Have they talked about selling old adventures?

They haven't, no. And wow, there's no live blog of this anywhere? I'll resume posting some stuff now!

ZealousD

Ironforge portal enables shield slam. 4 armor on priest is a rather weak heal. You're going to want a bit more than that from kazakus most of the time. I think you need bigger impact to make up for the inconsistency of your deck, hence reno being a full heal.

Look at reno. That's the power curve you should compare kazakus to, being of the same vein and a legendary. I'm not saying that kazakus doesn't meet that. I am saying that getting 3 damage and 4 armor is not strong on that power curve.

I didn't say it was the right move though, but perhaps his consideration.

All of this is happening within the context that you get to craft the card to the very specific situation that you are encountering on the board. So whatever board state you have, kazakus can probably answer it. The spell he creates is both EXTREMELY powerful and efficient for it's mana cost in addition to the fact that it can be crafted to fit your specific need. That's huge. He might actually be better than Reno because Reno doesn't help you against every deck archetype. Kezakus does.

Magnus

- No plans for building a deck for AI to practice against
- They acknowledge that the AI needs some work
- They like the idea of heroes becoming available via multiple means (for example, Medivh via standard store online, as well as via buying the Warcraft movie)
- They're working on getting heroes that aren't available in some regions (like Tyrande) available soon (tm)
- They like the idea of Favoriting cards and making the Collection Manager better, but no plans

(Honestly, half the questions get the response "that would be cool...no plans right now for it though")

Magnus

- Re: new player experience; they want to improve the experience at a Fireside - as in, brand new player who wants to get involved right away at a gathering
- They'll consider doing a Sideboard type thing in a Tavern Brawl (which will continue being the place to experiment with new modes and mechanics)
- They'll continue experimenting with new co-op-style modes (in response to a question about whether there could be like a 3-player boss, where one player heals, one tanks, and one dps'es - lol)

Panel's over! No new cards were shown. But they reiterated that plenty of new shit will be shown in the next few weeks. The one designer wants us to think of the 3 new 'gangs' as 3 new classes basically. There will be an evident style/theme across each gang, and they've been chosen/balanced against the actual 3 classes that they represent.

Dahbomb

Not gonna lie, the skill level has been dramatically lower from last year.

I have seen a bunch of missed lethals already. Two of them happened in the same game in a row.

Pooya

The level of the game is so much below of last year, so many misplays, so many missed lethals, some clown fiesta. Remember Thijs vs Ostkaka last year? yeah.

My boy DrHippi almost threw that game, no punish lol.

Dahbomb

Pretty sure the stats of the people who didn't ban out Shaman aren't all that hot.

Actually I just checked online. Every time Shaman was not banned, that player ended up winning in this top 8.

Dahbomb

Recently the Karazhan card drop rate in Arena was reduced to normal because the team felt players had enough of a Karazhan heavy draft.
Ayy lmao!

Mean Streets currently has less random cards than other expansions. They want expansions and adventures to feel different from one another.
Good.

They're looking into ways to help export and import your decks to share with friends without requiring 3rd parties. All the devs are interested in it..
Good.

Guess I was a bit optimistic in hoping for a great finals like last year's. I'm not holding my breath at this point. Kind of sad the most "exciting" thing in this match so far was just a bunch of coin flips.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Now do you guys see why Ragnoros needs to be nerfed to hell?

There's been so many games this tournament decided by Ragnoros RNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom