• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, this RNG is not even new. And dr. boom rng is even more varied so it's not like there is more RNG in the game atm. Although it does seem to often come down to ragnaros pushing games one way or the other, it's not like the players are just playing yogg and redeeming themselves (most of the time at least lol).

hearthpwn Q/A summary;

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1887-blizzcon-2016-hearthstone-q-a-panel-live-recap

rogue aoe confirmed I guess, right? hehe nope..

Discover a shaman card, elemental destruction. Rogue AOE.

Discover a druid card, healing touch. Rogue heal.

It's kinda funny and kinda true that having tri-class cards in your deck is like you're playing a new class, depending on how far they take it.

_DrMario_

I don't think I would care as much about the RNG fiesta if it wasn't for the fucking casters trying to play it off as some amazing show of skill.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, welcome to card games, I guess?

But Hearthstone also still has topdeck randomness, and many games this tournament has been decided by that as well. No one is complaining about that though because that's what card games are.

Ragnoros is an additional element of randomness on top of that which just doesn't need to be there, especially when it's pretty much included in every single deck, and deciding the majority of games here.

zoukka

But Hearthstone also still has topdeck randomness, and many games this tournament has been decided by that as well. No one is complaining about that though because that's what card games are.

Ragnoros is an additional element of randomness on top of that which just doesn't need to be there, especially when it's pretty much included in every single deck.

It's not in every deck at all. At one time it wasn't played in any deck, now it's a bit more popular. Also an 8 mana card needs to be strong, cards like Tuskar Totemic were a big RNG swing problem and they nerfed it thankfully.

Europe proving its the strongest region.

57822c19e1ad1.png

Europe:2 world champions
America:1 world champion
China:0
Asia Pacific:0

Also last year was not a European final you are confusing Thijs vs Ostkaka(the true final) as the final but that was the semi final, i think the final was Ostkaka vs Hotform.

fertygo

Rag is fine he create board state that so unigue and patented for digital card game, I think peep just need less salty about rag

Animal companion roll is much less desireable than rag IMO
Europe:2 world champions
America:1 world champion
China:0
Asia Pacific:0

Also last year was not a European final you are confusing Thijs vs Ostkaka(the true final) as the final but that was the semi final, i think the final was Ostkaka vs Hotform.

yeah sorry I forgot thijs vs ostkaka wasn't the finals

Rag is fine he create board state that so unigue and patented for digital card game, I think peep just need less salty about rag

Animal companion roll is much less desireable than rag IMO

yeah sorry I forgot thijs vs ostkaka wasn't the finals

Well i don't blame you it was the best match of any of these tournaments. top top top tier play on both sides, so ofcourse its the game your remember from 2015.

fertygo

I think the only argument to nerf Rag is just he gonna used forever and ever in the game

Some classic leg like rag, sylv, leeroy should just started to considered only can used in wild

USSR finals, nice.

Also, when are the packs arriving? Tomorrow or are we going to wait some time? I need the dust. :p

Man it's not even a unique effect, there's another card that does something very similar.

184px-Demolisher(212).png

The major difference is that Demolisher deals damage at the beginning of your turn, while Rag does it at the end. Your opponent can deal with the Demolisher prior to him dealing damage, while 8 damage from Rag is guaranteed.

I think the only argument to nerf Rag is just he gonna used forever and ever in the game

Some classic leg like rag, sylv, leeroy should just started to considered only can used in wild

Rag was a card I thought they should have nerfed with the standard rotation. Especially after they nerfed bgh. Same line of thought with molten giants. They just shouldn't be cards that stick around forever.

Dahbomb

Watch Blizzard give Rag the Pagle nerf and make it "At the start of your turn"
Would make the card unplayable. Ragnaros gets played because it's a big card that does something substantial on the turn it is played.

Hardly anyone using Sylvanas at these tournaments despite being a top tier Legendary. It's just too slow in the current meta.

I didn't bring up Demolisher to say that's how Rag should be, just that the effect of throwing damage at random enemies isn't a unique effect in the game.

If they nerfed Rag I wouldn't bat an eye to be honest.

Pooya

yeeaah. Pavel ls already world champion. I don't see how Hippi climbs back out of this one, his line up is so bad against Pavel too. That rogue and c'thun warrior are going to be rough for him and he already lost to tempo mage with zoo. rip, he had a great run though, 5 packs yay.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It's not in every deck at all. At one time it wasn't played in any deck, now it's a bit more popular. Also an 8 mana card needs to be strong, cards like Tuskar Totemic were a big RNG swing problem and they nerfed it thankfully.

I'm not calling it oppressively overpowered, but I do think it's too commonly used as a evergreen card, and the RNG component to it is something that should be moved away from. We shouldn't have to have another Dr. Boom to make it no longer see play.

Honestly, I don't even think it's that bad for ladder play, but it's really bad for tournament play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom