• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I hope that blizzard starts pushing another archetype for warlock besides zoo
I think the few cards I have seen from the set are a better addition to Renolock than pre nerf Molten Giant so the deck might actually make a comeback.

Well still a big might because we still have Mid Shaman to contend with.

sibarraz

Banned
I think the few cards I have seen from the set are a better addition to Renolock than pre nerf Molten Giant so the deck might actually make a comeback.

Well still a big might because we still have Mid Shaman to contend with.

I want to see more shaman cards that re good, but at the same time, I'm afraid that it could make midrange even stronger.

I don't mind mid-range being the top deck now, since I don't think that is THAT automatic, but still need to even up his match ups

Dahbomb

Haven't really seen any new Warlock cards either, just the faction cards. Hope to see something interesting and not more Discard/Zoo cards.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wondering about empty seats at HCT shouldn't worry too much. There is so much to do and see at Blizzcon that people rarely sit in one place for too long unless they are very invested. I think it's placement at the far end of the hall also doesn't help.

sibarraz

Banned
Anyone wondering about empty seats at HCT shouldn't worry too much. There is so much to do and see at Blizzcon that people rarely sit in one place for too long unless they are very invested. I think it's placement at the far end of the hall also doesn't help.

Great, now I feel like those wrestling boards were people showed us pics of empty seats in the crowd of smackdown to show us why the WWE was at the verge of dissapearing. And also to prove us that Vince should push cm punk to save the company.

Speaking of wrestling, I hope that this expansion has a mean street posse like card

Owzers

Can I dust my two golden elemental destructions? Seems like that card is on the outs in favor of lightning storm with spell damage+ stuff.

Slightly getting back into this game because I managed to get Tyrande with a free prime trial, but I need to do a lot of crafting. Not sure I want to craft any dragons from grand tournament though since they will be leaving early next year.

Pooya

so that murloc ninja guy just makes extra copies of murlocs, that seems like a card you could use in murloc paly over Barnes people play. it's pretty cool.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if it was posted yet, but here's some more of the possible custom spell options:

9ffD4w8.png

I think 5 mana might be the sweet spot a lot of the time if it's going to be draw 1/2/3 cards or resurrect 1/2/3 minions. The 10 mana ones don't add all that much over 5 mana, and 1 mana might not be impactful enough to really swing the game as much as you'd want.

Hard to say though. Wonder if there's a 5 mana version of that deal 6 to all minions. Might be something like deal 1/3/6 damage to all minions depending on mana cost

Dahbomb

That's not all of them.

For the 10 mana option we also had gain 10 armor, transform every minion into 1/1 and resurrect 3 friendly minions. And you get two of those so some combinations of 10 mana spells are quite powerful.

And we don't know if you get two options for 1/5 mana spells. FOR example, I doubt that we can choose 2 1 mana spells when one of them is a deal 3 damage spell.

Though maybe they are and the spell you make is supposed to be over powered.

bjaelke

I don't know if it was posted yet, but here's some more of the possible custom spell options:

I think 5 mana might be the sweet spot a lot of the time. The 10 mana ones don't add all that much over 5 mana.

Not all spells are available at 1, 5 and 10 mana. Some of them are exclusive to one of the tier.

Pooya

this is how it works btw.

mdonais said:
I talked about this in a few interviews today. There are 3 options for cost and 10 options for the first power. After you choose the first power there are 9 options left for the second power (you can't get the same power twice). This means there are 3 x 10 x 9 spells = 270.
You have to divide that in half though because we fix the order of the spell that is created to always be in the best order for the player. (like sheep happens before dealing damage). That means there are around 135 options.
One additional piece of info. The thoughtsteal option didn't make it into the final version of the card but appears in the videos. There were 3 card advantage options so we cut the one that was a bit too long anyways.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
That's not all of them.

For the 10 mana option we also had gain 10 armor, transform every minion into 1/1 and resurrect 3 friendly minions. And you get two of those so some combinations of 10 mana spells are quite powerful.

And we don't know if you get two options for 1/5 mana spells. FOR example, I doubt that we can choose 2 1 mana spells when one of them is a deal 3 damage spell.

Though maybe they are and the spell you make is supposed to be over powered.

They did say it's pick 2 for 1 mana spells. They used the example of deal 3 damage and gain 4 armor in the panel.

Also in the panel they said there is going to be a draw 1/2/3 cards depending on the mana cost.

They did not say there's going to be a resurrect 1 version, but I'm guessing there will be.

Dahbomb

They did say it's pick 2 for 1 mana spells. They used the example of deal 3 damage and gain 4 armor in the panel.

Also in the panel they said there is going to be a draw 1/2/3 cards depending on the mana cost.

They did not say there's going to be a resurrect 1 version, but I'm guessing there will be.
Then that means the 1 mana option is the most efficient.

1 mana deal 3 damage and gain 4 armor? Wet dream for Reno against aggro decks.

Levi

Banned
So far they've shown two "Warrior" cards (one was a Tri-Class card) and both of them were Discover cards. This makes me happy, because this is the first time Warrior has gotten a class card with the discover effect. "I know a guy" isn't nearly as good as something like Raven Idol, but it fills a hole in Warrior's toolbox and even has some nice synergies.

It's also a good thing that Discover is more likely to discover class cards than neutrals, as there are a lot of bad neutral taunts. The class taunts are pretty good, with Fierce Monkey and Bloodhoof Brave being two of the better taunts in the game.

Looking forward to seeing more cards. It's an exciting time to be a Hearthstone fan (but Blizzard, please lay off on the OP cards for Priest? We don't just want to replace ShamanStone with PriestStone after all.)

Magnus

So far they've shown two "Warrior" cards (one was a Tri-Class card) and both of them were Discover cards. This makes me happy, because this is the first time Warrior has gotten a class card with the discover effect. "I know a guy" isn't nearly as good as something like Raven Idol, but it fills a hole in Warrior's toolbox and even has some nice synergies.

It's also a good thing that Discover is more likely to discover class cards than neutrals, as there are a lot of bad neutral taunts. The class taunts are pretty good, with Fierce Monkey and Bloodhoof Brave being two of the better taunts in the game.

Looking forward to seeing more cards. It's an exciting time to be a Hearthstone fan (but Blizzard, please lay off on the OP cards for Priest? We don't just want to replace ShamanStone with PriestStone after all.)

YES WE DO, IT'S OUR TIME TO SHINE, LEAVE PRIESTS ALONE WE NEED TIME IN THE SPOTLIGHT PLZ PLZ :(

(No but really, it'd be kind of fun to have my favourite class (in WoW and HS) finally unfairly dominate things for a bit, lol)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Then that means the 1 mana option is the most efficient.

1 mana deal 3 damage and gain 4 armor? Wet dream for Reno against aggro decks.

But remember you have to play a 4 mana 3/3 in order to get that spell.

5 mana 3/3 deal 3 damage gain 4 armor isn't that much of a swing. Nice as a flexible option, but I don't think it's what you want to aim for in general.

"The game will only have to deal with this bullshit card in Standard for 2 years, so it's okay."

Do I even need to say why that perspective is nonsensical? So what if a card stays in the meta forever? Why shouldn't an archetype remain present among new ones? Is the game somehow better now that Warlock only has one deck type instead of two?

Well it's funny if you think warlock only has one archetype. I lost to a combo warlock last night. They didn't need molten giants either.

The whole point of rotations and the classic card nerfs is to change the game up. Molten giant was obviously a card they felt the need to change up to ensure the overall meta changed enough with each set. The rotations and the nerfs went hand in hand.

I guess you'll just never accept that outcome because you don't like the rotations.

Magnus

I love that each contender's shaman deck was locked out by the others, lol. With the locked/overload icon no less, hahaha.

Magnus

Hearthstone Q&A starting now with Producers/Designers.
- They will soon have 'new tech' that will let them fine-tune how often individual cards can show up in Arena
- Teased the idea that the tech will allow card picks to influence future picks (choosing one Murloc makes more Murlocs show up as possible picks, etc.)
- Reiterating that there are no current plans for a new hero class (reasoning = no design space for a new class)
- They're considering making old card backs available
- They're considering making the rank drop on each season be less punishing (might become 1.5x Stars per rank, etc.)
- No plans for a Hearthstone API

Dahbomb

But remember you have to play a 4 mana 3/3 in order to get that spell.

5 mana 3/3 deal 3 damage gain 4 armor isn't that much of a swing. Nice as a flexible option, but I don't think it's what you want to aim for in general.
I would play that in most slow decks, especially Renolock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom