• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why is that something to get outraged about?

I feel its really underutilizing one of the main mechanics. Maybe its not the key mechanic of the new expansion, but it looks like it was as one.

GvG had 40+ mechs. TGT had 21 inspire cards. C'Thun had 18 cards.

The factions have 9 cards total. And it seems to me a pretty interesting mechanic. But maybe factions are the Joust of Gadgetzan, and are just a secondary mechanic for the expansion, where the main theme hasn't been revealed yet.

I have 1300g saved up in Hearthstone. It's easy to save because each pack is so bad. In Duelyst I fail at saving because you get a legendary 1/4 packs and it's so hype. :-O

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So does no one care about that there only being 9 tri-class cards total, or did I miss the previous conversation on it?

There's not that much interesting stuff you can do with Tri-class cards. It seems a little more like a neutral card that 6 classes aren't allowed to use than anything else.

Nice to have for cards that would be neutral if not for one class mechanic or card that is super synergy, but otherwise doesn't really mean that much for the game.

I feel its really underutilizing one of the main mechanics. Maybe its not the key mechanic of the new expansion, but it looks like it was as one.

GvG had 40+ mechs. TGT had 21 inspire cards. C'Thun had 18 cards.

The factions have 9 cards total. And it seems to me a pretty interesting mechanic. But maybe factions are the Joust of Gadgetzan, and are just a secondary mechanic for the expansion, where the main theme hasn't been revealed yet.

Wait til we see them all. If the other 2 legendary cards are as good as kazuka or whatever it'll be fine.

Magnus

It seems Blizzard has gone full greed mode and they don't allow preorder through anything but battle.net now, I guess I just wait until launch and buy packs on amazon. meh.

Will we not be able to pre-order in the game itself like we used to be able to? (Using your iTunes or Google Play balance)

Levi

Banned
It doesn't bother me that the preorder is only via Battle.net, but I'm bummed there's not a bonus cardback or other digital goodie. :(

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I love the designs for the other two Tri-class leaders/legendaries. I kinda wish each tri-class worked like a tribe with tribal synergies, if only to really push the lore of having the three warring factions going at each other.

Grimey Goons (Hunter, Paladin, Warrior) Leader: Don Honcho
UeQ1s6w.png

Jade Lotus (Druid, Rogue, Shaman) Leader: Aya Blackpaw and her bodyguard White Eyes

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Probably a good call on ogre being a 50% card. Maybe 50% of the time brute force ogre attacks like normal, and the other 50% business ogre does something else benifitial. I don't know what though.

Maybe Aya and White Eyes is one of those things where if one dies, the other gets stronger.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm assuming Noxious saw the card, and told hearthpwn the card text/stats/cost, and they took the picture from WoW as placeholder.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why bnet only?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I hope they're fake, since they all seem terrible.

Shakru is a little interesting, but not as a legendary.

Magnus

Bizarre how much card-stealing has become part of the rogue identity. Was previously really part of the Priest's kit.

What's funny is, each time a major priest-like card showed up on the rogue side, I've wondered how much better and more fitting it would have been in the priest kit. That new rogue legendary above would be a great early-game priest minion (which we sorely need), and the epic Shadowcaster from Whispers is a way superior version of the trash priest legendary we got recently, and hell, a Swashbuckler would be a perfect early game minion for us too which we really need.

Priests. We need early game help. Lol

Magnus

Aw man, what...that sucks. I was hoping to burn some credit/gift cards on it like I did with previous expansion pre-orders. Also, when it's in-game, Canada can usually get it for a bit cheaper by purchasing through Android or iTunes (for the equivalent of $40-45 US).

$50 US is steep for us right now.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That Rogue legendary seems really good for a burgle deck. It has decent-to-good stats for the card draw effect and it could potentially draw two if you don't deal with it immediately after it attacks for the first time. That would make it burgle with a body. it definitely goes into that deck although time will tell if it makes the burgle deck good enough. Probably not. Although it definitely improves it.

Dahbomb

Blizzard was about to make a blatantly power crept card with Grook Fu Master by making it a 5 mana 4/5 (ie. power creep over Windfury Harpy) but stopped before they did it and then made it worse.

LULZ card still sucks.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
That Rogue legendary seems really good for a burgle deck. It has decent-to-good stats for the card draw effect and it could potentially draw two if you don't deal with it immediately after it attacks for the first time. That would make it burgle with a body. it definitely goes into that deck although time will tell if it makes the burgle deck good enough. Probably not. Although it definitely improves it.

I agree, but why is it a legendary?

Who wants to spend 1600 dust to get this one boring card that slightly enhances one mediocre deck.

fertygo

Out from 3 of my favorite class

Druid get playable legendary, still at least questionable good or not
Rogue leg straight up sux
Warlock pls don't give me another Cho'gall, at least Warlock kinda get Kasakus already

Priest guaranteed get good leg, prolly Shaman too

Warlock pls don't give me another Cho'gall, at least Warlock kinda get Kasakus already

I think druid legendary is overrated. But I think it fits best in an archetype that isn't being played, primarily ramp. Probably fits anywhere but if I had to guess where it fits best, probably there.

Blizzard was about to make a blatantly power crept card with Grook Fu Master by making it a 5 mana 4/5 (ie. power creep over Windfury Harpy) but stopped before they did it and then made it worse.

LULZ card still sucks.

I still feel like there is always the possibility that rogue drops this kind of card in their deck, plays it, conceals it, then double cold blood, then conceals again. It's more likely to work the lower the cost the card is, with enough health to survive AOE. What hits for 5 lol... dragon bomb.

Rogue used to do this with mana addict too heh

Dahbomb

I still feel like there is always the possibility that rogue drops this kind of card in their deck, plays it, conceals it, then double cold blood, then conceals again. It's more likely to work the lower the cost the card is, with enough health to survive AOE. What hits for 5 lol... dragon bomb.

Rogue used to do this with mana addict too heh
You can play Thrallmar Farseer for that purpose too.

You can do 20 damage with double Cold Blood.

Shinypogs

Has hunter had anything revealed other than that weapon that summons piranha? I want more secrets damn it and also a cool legendary.

Don Honcho and Aya Blackpaw look amazing. I cannot wait to hear the voice acting that goes with their respective cards.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

That sucks. I used to be Paladin/Rogue/Warlock, but after all those changes arround WotOG, I turned into Paladin/Druid/Hunter, and thus far I haven't been disappointed.

Levi

Banned
Finally my first gold. Now it's time for Priest or Paladin, I have ~100 wins on both. Probably just go with Paladin because fuck Priest.

Congrats, man. I have gold Druid and Warrior and I'm 77 wins away from Warlock so I'm playing zoo this season. Figured the last season in a stale meta is the best time to grind the gold hero portrait.

I think murloc paladin is gonna be a thing. You can fish for vilefin, grimscale oracle, and tidecaller. Steward of darkshire gives aoe protection and then coldlight seer and warleader carry the rest of the way. Even the value card of murloc knight probably fits in. Hell, corrupted seer too? Then you got the new murloc legendary to help flood. Even buffs to help keep your vital minions out of AOE range... eww... could be sick.

You can play Thrallmar Farseer for that purpose too.

You can do 20 damage with double Cold Blood.

Thrallmar farseer's 3 health is really bad though.

Hard to imagine a use for Beardo. Shaman comes to mind but even then, eh.

Shakru, I don't see why it couldn't have been 2 mana or a 3/3. It's a legendary after all. Yeah maybe it's an auto include at that point but we don't have enough good early game legendaries. Between Shakru and Burnbristle it seems like Blizzard is really afraid of making them too strong.

Grook-Fu is just filler.

Shakru doesn't seem that weak on the power scale. It's a -1/-1 in exchange for stealth and card generation.

The last 3 drop with that sort of deal was gnomish inventor. 3/2, with no stealth and an intimidating if not always bad downside.

It's just not exciting.

fertygo

I think druid legendary is overrated. But I think it fits best in an archetype that isn't being played, primarily ramp. Probably fits anywhere but if I had to guess where it fits best, probably
I think most people actually say Kun sucks so how its can be overrated lol

From my experience pilotting Druid Kun just fit naturally.. more table flip card.. I think its had potential to surprise people how good it is ĺike Fandral

fertygo

Hard to imagine a use for Beardo. Shaman comes to mind but even then, eh.

Shakru, I don't see why it couldn't have been 2 mana or a 3/3. It's a legendary after all. Yeah maybe it's an auto include at that point but we don't have enough good early game legendaries. Between Shakru and Burnbristle it seems like Blizzard is really afraid of making them too strong.

Grook-Fu is just filler.
I think Burnbristle gonna be good

Card that can tank 2 interaction usually very gòod

Only psychotron that flop in that regard but burnbristle is much stronger on curve and cheaper when off curve

But card not gonna help pally at all if priest is anywhere near tier 1 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom