• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I think Burnbristle gonna be good

Card that can tank 2 interaction usually very gòod

Only psychotron that flop in that regard but burnbristle is much stronger on curve and cheaper when off curve

But card not gonna help pally at all if priest is anywhere near tier 1 lol

Pally with Justicar is probably still good against priest when we get our future priest meta.

I just had a game where my opponent got sick rng. My rag had 2 great targets, 1 bad. The bad one being sylvanas. The other being his ragnaros or his face. It hits sylvanas of course.

Well, I planned for that. I have 3 other minions on board for sylvanas to steal. It steals ragnaros. 1/3 * 1/4 = 1/12, less than 10% of that happening.

But later I was delivered justice with a ragnaros lightlord top deck when he only had malygos on board, 1 or 2 cards in hand, and completely out of burn spells and cards to draw. I also only had 3 health and only a selfless hero and 1/1 on board. So that top deck saved my ass. It's also my deck's only heal.

Pally with Justicar is probably still good against priest when we get our future priest meta.

Dragon Paladin vs Dragon Priest. Dragon bomb is a dead-ish card lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bearso is cool, but nothing solid comes to mind for a deck he fits in. Maybe some janky mage inspire deck? Would rather had that card text on a normal card and not legendary though.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Reminds me of some funny theorycrafting of Finley + Justicar + Coldarra Drake in mage, hoping for a Warrior, Priest, or Paladin hero power from finley.

I'm more interested in trying a deck like that out than trying out a Beardo deck. It's also a strictly worse Wicked Witchdoctor in shaman.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Beardo could be sort of cool if warrior had a way to make sure it didn't die.

I feel like the only deck it could bring something to the table is some super slow inspire paladin. Or maybe it could fit into Reno Warlock.

I think it has potential, but yeah, right now it doesn't look too great.

I like the Rogue Legendary, but I don't think I'd actually craft it unless I'm floating a lot of dust. The Burgle Archtype is good fun to play though, so I'm happy its getting support.

So I worked on a midrange dragon paladin list. This is the current iteration. Here are a few replays:
https://hsreplay.net/replay/dYKxg2V2P2G8FF4vQGo929 (old version vs druid)
https://hsreplay.net/replay/KcgR3AX6HX3sXUHgKKVs7M (current vs shaman)

I ended up putting in 2 keepers of uldaman due to the high volume of ragnaros in the meta. Also doubles as aggression when your recruits or whelps survive a turn.

NTd7wua.png

I think I've seen ragnaros firelord in like 90% of my games tonight. They definitely should have nerfed it a while ago.

jgminto

Those new Legendaries are probably the worst non-expansion filler cards revealed so far. Beardo is likely never going to give you more value than Garrison Commander, you need to spend 2 mana for a hero power, 3 mana for Beardo, 2 mana for the second hero power and then you have 3 mana for the spell. If he gave you a free hero power use with every spell, he might actually see some play for some serious Warrior armour gain but that's way too clunky to be useful as it is. The Rogue legendary is barely better than a Huckster in most circumstances, the only benefit is that it has pseudo-taunt once it's unstealthed but at 3 health it's such a non-issue to clear.

Dahbomb

Priest has so many natural counters it's hard for me to see it on top for very long.

*Jaraxxus based Warlock decks beat it. That new Dragon can steal Jaraxxus and turn the match up though.

*Miracoli Rogue. Control Priest will still lose badly and Dragon Priest doesn't have enough burst damage or pressure to prevent Rogues from assembling the burst although Dragon Bomb helps against steal minions a ton. Alright so Dragon Priest vs Miracoli is less favored for Rogues but they can still do well in it.

*Freeze Mage still beats all Priest decks, Dragon Priest included. Again, not enough burst. Tempo Mage can do well against Dragon Priest too as it plays faster and burns off the board.

*I think Anyfin Paladin should do fine against both forms of Priests too.

Where this new Priest deck might shine at is beating Midrange Shaman and other zoo like decks. Seems like it might do really well against Midrange Shaman because most of the minions in the deck are above LS and Portal range while almost every card in Midrange Shaman dies to Dragon Bomb. Turn 2 2/4 into turn 3 3/4 + 2/7 is also pretty solid.

rickyson1

you'd think with how willing Blizzard has shown themselves to be to print better versions of old bad cards and how awful Windfury Harpy is that Grook-Fu Master would be a little bit better

give it the Booty Bay treatment or something

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
With the current cards shown, I'm not sure it will be enough for Priest outside of Dragon Priest. The new cards will help stem off Aggro Classes (Especially Potion of Madness), but I think Non-Dragon Priest will still struggle against midrange and control decks. I think Dragon Priest will be a very strong Archetype after the new expansion comes out though.

ExVicis

When do we get the Champion tournament packs? I chose Pavel and I haven't gotten a thing. Have they still not given them out?

Dahbomb

you'd think with how willing Blizzard has shown themselves to be to print better versions of old bad cards and how awful Windfury Harpy is that Grook-Fu Master would be a little bit better

give it the Booty Bay treatment or something
I think after the initial backlashes they didn't go all the way on the power creep. It's like half way.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if Blizard will ever make a normal card that interacts with rarity outside of Legendary. That Rare Spear LoE was pretty cool. A weapon that gained for every basic card you played could be cool for example.

is anybody going to the tourney in columbus at OSU next saturday? i kinda want to but man, i'm so sick of the meta right now. i really wish they would hold these tourneys like right after expansions but they always seem to have them when the meta is super refined and boring as shit

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
An enemy Yogg was nice to me for once and I'm confused what to do. I'm just so happy. I never thought this day would come.

Praise Yogg and Praise Blizzard for Yogg Nerfs!

Pooya

the legendary cards look terrible so far. I'm guessing only family head ones will be worthwhile.

3 mana 2/3 for a effect that is better on a existing 1 drop. you're never going to get more than 1 card from this. it's cutpurse level terrible.

I don't think you play that in your burgle deck actually, it's not worth a card slot.

Violet_0

Banned
why is hellsteed not banned in this week's brawl mode? This is hillariously awful, I just concede against warlocks before the game starts

ViviOggi

That Rogue legendary is a disgrace ugh. Rogue players are used to unplayable legendaries but at least in the past they had cool effects and a theoretical use, whereas this is literally a third Huckster for the terrible forced meme archetype

Surely this time they'll make use of all that design space freed up by destroying Flurry..........

Pooya

let's just say again that drakonid operative has full stats plus tribe tag and a real stealing effect that is a million times better than rogue's "stealing" and you can put two of them in your deck. But rogue's randomly generated burgle cards of course have severe stat penalty, even the legendary one lol.

fertygo

the legendary cards look terrible so far. I'm guessing only family head ones will be worthwhile.

3 mana 2/3 for a effect that is better on a existing 1 drop. you're never going to get more than 1 card from this. it's cutpurse level terrible.

I don't think you play that in your burgle deck actually, it's not worth a card slot.
No way druid and pally leg is terrible but the otheŕ yeah.
Also Kàzakus

Pooya

No way druid and pally leg is terrible but the otheŕ yeah.
Also Kàzakus

well, let's just say I'm not wasting dust on any of them.

Kazakus is one of the 3 heads, it's good sure but after Reno goes away in 4 months, do you still play this? nope... it's short lived.

I give you the druid one, it could be a good late game option for druid to stabilize or win the game but that paladin one is just not very usable, why play that at all? what it does that paladin can't achieve right now easier and more efficiently? It doesn't bring in anything new.

fertygo

Its a cheap taunt minion that can heal you.. hell he maybe gonna heal more than what his effect does because absorb overkill dàmage.. I think card gonna be staple in any pally deck just really solid brick before you curve out to weapon or bigger minion

Its not flashy but card like that usually the one that people overlook

But Pally maybe gonna so weak so its did not matter.

Raxus

Its a cheap taunt minion that can heal you.. hell he maybe gonna heal more than what his effect does because absorb overkill dàmage.. I think card gonna be staple in any pally deck just really solid brick before you curve out to weapon or bigger minion

Its not flashy but card like that usually the one that people overlook

But Pally maybe gonna so weak so its did not matter.

I dunno. Secret paladin, murlocs, etc. will find some use for him. He is no light lord but he is still solid.
That rogue legendary is good, prepare to eat crow.

LOL no. There are lots of cards to help thief rogue next set. That is not one of them. The discover minions are 10x better. Especially if you face a mirror.

Beardo is a great addition to control warrior and not much else.

Pooya

It's not a bad card but it seems to be extremely niche. I just don't see it to be worthwhile. Its best use could be to slow down aggro somehwhat. You can't even play it against priest lol. I'm questioning how often this card is better than just a 2/2 divine shield for 3? Is the taunt going to be relevant even? So minibot was great right but silent knight isn't.

It's not a control card, it makes more sense in a midrange paladin deck with buffs and such and I've been trying that since old gods came around and it just doesn't work. So far we've seen half of paladin cards and I don't see that changing now so far. Reminds me of a lot of legendary cards in TGT, like Lightbane twins weren't bad cards by any means but they never worked out. I think the card could be pretty good in secret paladin in wild with avenge and stuff like that and the weakness of secret paly is fast face decks.

-----

we've seen 7 out of likely 20 total legendary cards, feeling good about not touching my dust. Looks like a cheap set to get into, that's pretty good.

jgminto

I think the only problem with the Pally Legendary is that the heal effect just isn't relevant. A minibot with taunt and good text for 3 would see play but Control Paladins have the best heals in the game, Wickerflame does provide potential repetitive heals that Paladin doesn't really have but if they needed that they'd play Tournament Medic. Aggro/Buff Paladins on the other hand is basically just Zoo and if you've reached the point where healing is relevant in Zoo, you've already lost most of the time. I think it will still see play as a sticky minion in Aggro/Buff Paladin but I doubt that will be a hugely competitive deck.

zoukka

Reminds me of a lot of legendary cards in TGT, like Lightbane twins weren't bad cards by any means but they never worked out.

It's wayyyyyy better than those twins. Like not even comparable. The twins beeded activators to give value, this guy is pure value just alone and you can happily drop him on curve.

He will be a staple.

Raxus

It's not a bad card but it seems to be extremely niche. I just don't see it to be worthwhile. Its best use could be to slow down aggro somehwhat. You can't even play it against priest lol.

It's not a control card, it makes more sense in a midrange paladin deck with buffs and such and I've been trying that since old gods came around and it just doesn't work. So far we've seen half of paladin cards and I don't see that changing now so far. Reminds me of a lot of legendary cards in TGT, like Lightbane twins weren't bad cards by any means but they never worked out.

-----

we've seen 7 out of likely 20 total legendary cards, feeling good about not touching my dust. Looks like a cheap set to get into, that's pretty good.
Patches is nice but unnecessary to succeed. I predict the priest legendary to be insane. Paladin's legendary might see play. Still unsure about potion guy until I hear more about him.

Poor rogues never forget.
12291.png

Great effect. Good stats. Worst possible set to come out in.

fertygo

I actually think burnwittle or whatever its called is a control card, the heal doesn't really matter but the overkill tanking and tempo eater before you curve to Truesilver is huge, I really can't see how card not gonna played in every pally deck.. not that pally gonna be any good but still.

zoukka

I actually think its a control card, the heal doesn't really matter but the overkill tanking and tempo eater before you curve to Truesilver is huge, I really can't see how card not gonna played in every pally deck.. not that pally gonna be any good but still.

Yeah people saying the healing is irrelevant are nuts. It's a complete showstopper against aggro. Add redemption with this guy and watch people break into tears.

the only thing holding wickerflame back is that he's legendary and as such can only be used as a1-of. Being able to protect doomsayer from 2 hits alone will make it a worthwhile inclusion. Paladin does have lots of healing but it's not enough in the current matter especially not if the heals just buy you a turn w/o developing the board.

Of course advanced minibot is better but that hardly matters.

jgminto

Control Pally isn't going to have the room to run buffs for that effect unless they're planning to win by purely lasting to fatigue without Murlocs or N'Zoth. On his own he isn't scary at all for a Control Paladin, he will usually only provide 2-4 health and all that matters for Paladin is stabilising with massive heals in the late game

zoukka

Control Pally isn't going to have the room to run buffs for that effect unless they're planning to win by purely lasting to fatigue without Murlocs or N'Zoth. On his own he isn't scary at all for a Control Paladin, he will usually only provide 2-4 health and all that matters for Paladin is stabilising with massive heals in the late game

No. If end game heals were all that mattered to pally, everyone would play paladin. Early game heals and taunts are critical against many aggressive decks so you can develop board/weapons/combo without having to use whole turns to heal yourself in later turns.

I can't believe you guys can't see how good this card is xD

Raxus

Shit, this whole time I thought Wickerflame healed for the damage done to it not by it. In that case, yeah he kind of blows.

from the looks of it control pally won't receive much this expansion but small heals matter, Truesilver heals matter. I often heal myself for 2 to 4 with Forbidden healings to get myself out of lethal range, I often lose because Lightlord heals weren't enough to get me out of lethal range.

fertygo

I mean if you curve out to something like early doomsayer, wickerflame to trusilver, pretty sure most of time you win against any aggro or zoo deck

that oversimplification of course, but thats the gist

But card is really help you stabilize in early game, tanking overkill, no way card not gonna used, I think its the safest card on the set

FeD.nL

As I said before, the options a control paladin has on turn 3 are limited. Wickerflame works perfectly in the deck, it gives the paladin something pro-active to do in the early game that works with the gameplan.

Sanic

As a player who is new to the game, is it worth buying the $5 starter pack (or any other pack, for that matter)? I've only been playing casually online, and that's all I intend to keep doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom