• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackaveli

Anyone care to give me their Bnet name that I can add as a friend? I have a quest for 80 gold saying to challenge a friend and would like to do it later today.

Thanks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's true, I think Jade Shaman being a thing post rotation is very real and Blizzard should be concerned about it. At the same time, less aggro opens space for stuff like Jade Druid to proliferate. A non Pirates meta needs to be tested out first before nerfing specific classes is what I am saying. Unfortunately the timings make it such that we are going to have a rotation before things settle.

If they nerf pirates, that won't reduce the amount of aggro on ladder. It'll just be different aggro decks. Zoo. Hunter.

Whatever the best aggro deck happens to be will be a dominant deck on ladder. There has never been a "control meta".

Dahbomb

If they nerf pirates, that won't reduce the amount of aggro on ladder. It'll just be different aggro decks. Zoo. Hunter.

Whatever the best aggro deck happens to be will be a dominant deck on ladder. There has never been a "control meta".
Exactly. The only time we have not had a meta dominated by some form of aggressive/tempo/curve deck is during the Patron meta where it was a trifecta of Demon Handlock/Patron/Combo Druid post BRM and pre TGT. And I would not call that a control meta either, it was a combo meta since all of those decks (including Demon Handlock with the Leeroy finisher) was trying to finish you off quick with some degenerate stuff.

We have never had a control meta in HS because control is easier to counter. This Patches meta is probably the closest we have ever gotten because we got 2-3 viable control decks that can stand up against the aggression.

I don't think anyone is expecting an adventure in the spring. Most people are expecting an expansion. If they release an Adventure... then oh man.

I mean, the last time they specifically made a statement about it, it was to say that their release schedule would be Expansion -> Adventure -> Expansion.

Reading between the lines of their statements in the last few months, they're looking to move to more total content drops during the year, so I imagine that exact list is gonna change, but it'll still probably be a full expansion in April to start the rotation year.
That's gonna fuck me up so bad if they release an expansion instead of an adventure. I traditionally save all my dust and gold after an adventure drops and then spend it all once the next expansion releases. So I currently have very little gold and dust. Guess I'd better start saving.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I do miss Sludge Belcher. =(

Never forget:
12227.png

I haven't seen Auchenai and Circle of healing played in a long time. Does anyone still use this? I just recently started using it again and it's been working out great. Was getting real tired of losing by turn 4.

I mean it sucks that it requires two cards, but it has bailed me out so many times against Shaman now....unless they play Flamewreathed Fuckhead on turn 4.

I haven't seen Auchenai and Circle of healing played in a long time. Does anyone still use this? I just recently started using it again and it's been working out great. Was getting real tired of losing by turn 4.

I mean it sucks that it requires two cards, but it has bailed me out so many times against Shaman now....unless they play Flamewreathed Fuckhead on turn 4.

I think people don't run it because it requires two cards and symmetrical board clears aren't that good in a dragon deck... unless of course it doesn't hit your dragons like dragonfire then maybe.

I think people don't run it because it requires two cards and symmetrical board clears aren't that good in a dragon deck... unless of course it doesn't hit your dragons like dragonfire then maybe.

I mean sure I guess, but anything I put out there is gonna be dead anyway, so I'm not worried about killing it myself, and if it's not dead it's because it survived and Talonpriest gave it the life to survive, so it just may survive the board clear while Trogg, Totem Golem, Feral Spirits, Flametongue, and any Jade nonsense are all dead and I still have a minion out there, possibly 2.

Lyng

As long as we have this ranking system aggro will allways be favored.

wiibomb

Why do i even bother accepting friend requests after games...

I love how childish these people are... they really can't find something better to do in life?

I actually accepted some, very few turned out like this fortunately, in fact I even praised the opponent about some strategies used...

I feel like an easy solution to ladder is alternative playlist. Let me que into a game of last hero standing or conquest. The ladder is a big guessing game

I feel like more options to adapt would aliviate some of the problem

Dahbomb

I feel like an easy solution to ladder is alternative playlist. Let me que into a game of last hero standing or conquest. The ladder is a big guessing game

I feel like more options to adapt would aliviate some of the problem
Frodan was right in that there should be a competitive mode that replicates actual tournaments with conquest/lhs. The Ladder system just gives incentive to top players to grind ladder with aggro decks.

doppelgangster-> evolve.

opponent concedes

I had that done to me the other day. They got Thaurissan and the Mech that draws you a card if it survives an attack. Forgot the third one.

Too niche of a strategy to use though. No hand buffs means the Doppel is a weak drop, and you wouldn't really Evolve your overstatted minions (except Thing From Below).

fertygo

Made permanent heroic brawl mode then.. you get all hct point fron there

That kinda made sense

But that will lead ladder to even more grindinģ tool for the compeþitor so everyone still play aggro

Dahbomb

Made permanent heroic brawl mode then.. you get all hct point fron there

That kinda made sense

But that will lead ladder to even more grindinģ tool for the compeþitor so everyone still play aggro
Heroic Brawl is just a glorified Ladder/Arena too because you use one deck at a time. A new competitive mode has to have formats and bans for it to be legit.

One guy added me after a casual match to ask if I was ok from the beating he gave me, I replied that I was just doing a quest and he was like oh, but it was still a beating, lemme know if you want to play again sometime

I thought it was pretty clear that I was doing a battlecry quest lol

fertygo

Heroic Brawl is just a glorified Ladder/Arena too because you use one deck at a time. A new competitive mode has to have formats and bans for it to be legit.

Its doesn't matter what the format is, if its walled by gold that made the actual ladder incentivized as gold grinding mode

Pooya

aggro shaman has like 60 percent winrate against pirate warrior, it's the best deck against it, I don't know how you lose.

Zemm

This game is so hilariously shit now, everything is patches or jade spam. Ben Brode and his team are god awful, I'd never go that harsh against any dev team but I feel like this one is genuinely bad.

I disagree, it's almost the opposite.

There's still gotta be more than 5 times the people that stop at rank 5 than go for legend just by following the percentage numbers given by Blizz at the end of the month.
The game could be balanced for a legend player yet dying as a game. They wouldn't notice and wouldn't know what to do to fix it in the first place. Not to mention that being good at a game doesn't automatically make you good at making the game.

I'm starting to get fed up with this game, every fucking match I'm up against the exact same handful of decks and every non-reno deck has patches and STB.

Pooya

that approach sure worked great for SC2 lol.

if Firebat doesn't mind closing shop and losing out on all the money, then yeah he's right. People don't want to watch games they don't want to play.

Firebat on why your opinions about Hearthstone balance are worthless unless you are consistently hitting Legend.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/119383423?t=00h28m30s

I agree with him from all the "opinions" posted here, on reddit and the B.Net forums that I've seen since the start of Hearthstone now.

So your opinion only matters if you have a full collection and hit legend every month?

Yeah, not sure how much I agree with that.

_DrMario_

As if hitting legend in HS requires that much more skill then hitting Rank 5.

I just don't hate myself enough to play the extra couple hundred games to go from Rank 5 to Legend. Hell I don't hate myself enough to play enough games to get to Rank 5 nowadays anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom