• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all crazy dusting your wild stuff.

I dust bad cards all the time. In TGT I already am down to like 5 legendary cards. I'm only getting a couple thousand from TGT.

I leave good cards in tact, that I actually may care to play in wild. Which is actually quite few tbh.

Did Blizz ever mentioned the release date of ungoro? I don't remember it on the stream

apparently, trump thinks it too.

It's 6th

Cruel dinomancer, I think could be okay. I guess it's not unfair to compare to faceless summoner, but it can summon large drops unlike faceless summoner. It can bring your doomguards and your 8-9 drops back. Oh yeah, I wouldn't count discolock from running a higher curve.

+2/+2 as a heropower is very strong, but I don't think it's going to work in hunter.

It's a warlock card

wiibomb

+2/+2 as a heropower is very strong, but I don't think it's going to work in hunter.

this card:
636265786513309245.png

FeD.nL

There is no real path for a control style of Warlock with the number of heal options that are rotating out of the game.

Yeah true, but we might sometime in the coming 2 years.

I dunno but I think Cruel Dinomancer has a pretty high ceiling in terms of power level. I can see where Kibler is coming from. Not expecting too much from it with just Ungoro but I can certainly see the card getting play later on.

gutshot

I think it's better than Faceless Summoner because Deathrattle is better than a Battlecry. Makes it stickier and less vulnerable to board clears. It's also less random, you'll have a good idea of what can drop from it.

I rated it a 4 and think that it could easily meet and possibly top that rating. Community has it as a 3.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't think Priest will be all that competitive, but I'm kind of hoping it will now, just because that clip is the perfect opener to a streamer blast video.

Trump didn't let me down last time with "I can't even think of a single aggressive card".

fertygo

I think you can kinda force Dragon Elemental Priest deck

Netherspite Historian and DrakOP is just too good, and from all I see Elemental deck is kinda stupid curvestone deck so you can fit all good elemental and its just work, you play some other dragon like faerie dragon, twilight drake and book wyrm as dragon enabler and the rest is good elemental.

I think you had functional deck that can win as long you hit curve, not gonna surprised if this ended up as best option for priest in limited pool of bad option

But I also won't be surprised if DrakOP carry that idea into solid meta deck lmao

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
All the 6 cost minions that are 5/5 have really powerful effects, this is the realm of stuff like Sylvannas, Emperor Thaurissan & co. Those guy aren't in standard anymore, but that bar is set pretty high. Consider that instead of this sticky 5/5 you could play a freaking 6/7 bolderfist ogre. That's a lot more stats. This effect needs to get you at least a 1/2 minion to be worth it just on stats. And yeah it will probably get you a 1 to 3 drop since those are usually what make up the bulk of decks these days. So in that realm this card looks a lot like Faceless Summoner or whatever that mage 6 drop is that summons a 3 drop too.

Except that card gets you the stats now, and this one makes you wait.... This seems kinda ok, but not great. Probably a 3. People hyping this as the next coming of discard Jesus need to get a grip.

Dahbomb

Trump should have a 3 star system, unplayable, playable and absurdly good. Because that's generally how he rates anyway.

And yeah he generally gets the most wrong. Last expansion he gave a bunch of Goons cards 5/5 and then on his rereview gave them all 1's lol!

Best case realistic scenario for that Warlock card is you get Doomguard off of it on your turn or a Deathwing if you are playing it for the quest. A more average scenario is you get like 3/3 Golem that you manipulated to get discarded. If you don't have this card in hand then you are actively trying not to discard a Doomguard which means in most cases you are going to have smaller stuff in the discard pool.

That means on average it will be worse than a Cairne which makes it too slow to run IMO. I think you only consider this card if you are also running Deathwing in the deck.

Fewr

Oh man, deciding to start right before an expansion hits is a very uncomfortable spot.

I started saving gold so I can get UNG packs when it's released, so at the same time my day to day decks and battles are restricted to the basic cards plus a few I got here and there.

Also, to catch up I'm buying packs with the interest I earn from my bank account so I had to wait until april started in order to get going.

The days of having to battle amazing cards with just my basic stuff will soon end. Bring the expansion now!

Oh man, deciding to start right before an expansion hits is a very uncomfortable spot.

I started saving gold so I can get UNG packs when it's released, so at the same time my day to day decks and battles are restricted to the basic cards plus a few I got here and there.

Also, to catch up I'm buying packs with the interest I earn from my bank account so I had to wait until april started in order to get going.

The days of having to battle amazing cards with just my basic stuff will soon end. Bring the expansion now!

It's an oddly good time to start. A lot of cards are rotating from standard set. 2 adventures which contain cards that cannot be crafted with dust.

zoukka

I'm always sceptical of Murloc hype. We haven't had a competitive murloc deck for any class in forever. You need to realise that most aggro decks are just better than any combination of murlocs.

Of course the quest changes things since it looks like the first viable aggro murloc win condition.

wiibomb

I'm always sceptical of Murloc hype. We haven't had a competitive murloc deck for any class in forever. You need to realise that most aggro decks are just better than any combination of murlocs.

Of course the quest changes things since it looks like the first viable aggro murloc win condition.

I'm not sure about this, but I believe the murloc paladin deck with finja was pretty strong, just that not that many people uses it.

There was at least.

About a month ago I purchased 5000 coins for $42 and got a 500 coin bonus after preordering.

Seems okay. Maybe I'll pre-order next expansion if they have a better deal.

When looking at purchasing coins it says 47 for me to get 5000.

edit:
Yeah, I think I'll wait next expansion. I got a phone app that earns me amazon gift cards for doing nothing and by then I'll be able to preorder for free

gutshot

Trump should have a 3 star system, unplayable, playable and absurdly good. Because that's generally how he rates anyway.

And yeah he generally gets the most wrong. Last expansion he gave a bunch of Goons cards 5/5 and then on his rereview gave them all 1's lol!

Best case realistic scenario for that Warlock card is you get Doomguard off of it on your turn or a Deathwing if you are playing it for the quest. A more average scenario is you get like 3/3 Golem that you manipulated to get discarded. If you don't have this card in hand then you are actively trying not to discard a Doomguard which means in most cases you are going to have smaller stuff in the discard pool.

That means on average it will be worse than a Cairne which makes it too slow to run IMO. I think you only consider this card if you are also running Deathwing in the deck.

Let's run through the likely possibilities from terrible to amazing:

Terrible
Abusive Sergeant
Clutchmother Zavas

Bad
Flame Imp
Possessed Villager
Voidwalker
Malchezaar's Imp
Defender of Argus

OK
Silverware Golem
Darkshire Librarian
Ravenous Pterrordax
Devilsaur Egg

Amazing
Doomguard
Cruel Dinomancer

So it's about 50/50 that you get something bad to terrible. Although some of the bad outcomes could be situationally good like Voidwalker or Malchezaar's Imp. And again, you can somewhat control what you will receive. And maybe you cut some of the bad stuff from your deck, if you want a more consistent Dinomancer.

Fewr

Yeah, I think I'll wait next expansion. I got a phone app that earns me amazon gift cards for doing nothing and by then I'll be able to preorder for free
I've put google opinion rewards on my family's phone so I can get packs off them heh. It's not the best price (for mex it's cheaper buying off battle.net), but they're free.

wiibomb

Seems okay. Maybe I'll pre-order next expansion if they have a better deal.

When looking at purchasing coins it says 47 for me to get 5000.

edit:

umm... would you mind sharing which app? I want to jump on that train too :p

Xanathus

this is something I actually don't understand, if I discard a +4/+4 clutchmother, will I summon a 2/2 clutchmother or a 6/6 clutchmother?

I don't think you can actually get Clutchmother out of this because although it gets discarded, it doesn't actually go into the Discard pile.

Tacitus_

I'm still torn on whether I should preorder. I've got free Blizzbucks from buying tokens in WoW so it's not like I'd be losing anything tangible if the meta sucks... but I could use that money to buy something else in the future.

gutshot

I don't think you can actually get Clutchmother out of this because although it gets discarded, it doesn't actually go into the Discard pile.

That's a good point. I guess it depends on how it's coded. Does the game create a copy of Clutchmother and add it to your hand? Or does it literally return the same card to your hand?

umm... would you mind sharing which app? I want to jump on that train too :p

It's this app - mobile performance meter. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.embeepay.mpm&hl=en

It gains slowly but you don't do anything. You also get about a survey a month that is the same 10 or so questions I blaze through and you get more. Other than that it's very hands off.

But apparently you might earn less. It's kinda a weird system. When they have high usage they offer less to newcomers. My dad earns double the points over me. Kinda lame. But oh well, free is free.

edit:
If you use this link to join I get 3usd https://t.co/IGMsDWyTc1 - feel free to not though, also it might simply not work

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I've never played Wild and I don't intend to start.

My man .... * Fist bump *

Wild is where the likes of Dr Boom and Dr. 6 hang out, so yeah, no Wild for me.

I played Wild to rank 2 last season, people who say they hate Wild because of "Dr. Boom" and "Mysterious Challenger" have obviously never played Wild recently because they are actually out of the meta.
I havent ever played Wild so i dont have any idea of the current meta, but just the thought of Dr Boom gives me the willies

Xanathus

I played Wild to rank 2 last season, people who say they hate Wild because of "Dr. Boom" and "Mysterious Challenger" have obviously never played Wild recently because they are actually out of the meta.

wiibomb

It's this app - mobile performance meter. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.embeepay.mpm&hl=en

It gains slowly but you don't do anything. You also get about a survey a month that is the same 10 or so questions I blaze through and you get more. Other than that it's very hands off.

But apparently you might earn less. It's kinda a weird system. When they have high usage they offer less to newcomers. My dad earns double the points over me. Kinda lame. But oh well, free is free.

edit:
If you use this link to join I get 3usd https://t.co/IGMsDWyTc1 - feel free to not though, also it might simply not work

welp, I couldn't get after the contract, probably because I'm not from US and it recognizes the VPN I used, anyway thanks

Dahbomb

We are forgetting that 4 mana Discard Taunt that Warlocks got. I think if you are playing the quest then you have to play that card too because you don't have enough Discards. That makes Dinomancer a bit better.

I played Wild to rank 2 last season, people who say they hate Wild because of "Dr. Boom" and "Mysterious Challenger" have obviously never played Wild recently because they are actually out of the meta
Yeah this. Secret Paladin isn't the god and Dr Balanced on turn 7 is whatever (still amazing but not crushing like it once was). I wouldn't say they are completely out of the meta but definitely less oppressive than they once were.

Shredder got the biggest downgrade but Belcher is the card that is sitting prettiest in Wild at the moment. And at times Belcher seems slow compared to Second Rate Bruiser. The effect of power creep in HS is very real in Wild.

Dahbomb

The good Secret Paladin lists these days in Wild are less curvey and less reliant on Dr Boom even. Their high end is Anyfin Can Happen while low end has stuff like Doomsayer to counter the Pirates.

Xanathus

The good Secret Paladin lists these days in Wild are less curvey and less reliant on Dr Boom even. Their high end is Anyfin Can Happen while low end has stuff like Doomsayer to counter the Pirates.

Yeah I played Secret Anyfin Paladin to get my golden portrait in Wild last season, it's all about Finja and Anyfin and the Secret package gives you tempo. Beats most midrange and control decks.

Wow, I haven't heard anyone mention it before, but fel reaver is going to be insane in wild quest hunter. Originally I wasn't gonna try it in wild at all cos of too much healing but Jeeves quick shot and gel reaver might make it decent.

Fel reaver in particular, yes please thin my deck of this shit before I drop carnassa. Play 2 highmanes and 2 reavers and that's 5 stupid strong finisher minions , I like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom