• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Power creep over a card that has never and will never see play is not power creep. Been said a million times :p
You know the reason why we bring up power creep is to fish for post like these right? :p

Holy crap the Shaman Legendary is a nut crushing 248 on the Lightforge Tierlist, second best overall card in Arena from the set.

You know the reason why we bring up power creep is to fish for post like these right? :p

Holy crap the Shaman Legendary is a nut crushing 248 on the Lightforge Tierlist, second best overall card in Arena from the set.

In the video you said people would say it's not power creep because it's a different statline than the 5 drop. You consistently get power creep wrong.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, does the Druid quest reward really not reduce the cost of minions in hand?

That really sucks. The quest is hard enough to complete as is, and you can't even use it to consistently combo with it after you complete the quest?

Dahbomb

In the video you said people would say it's not power creep because it's a different statline than the 5 drop. You consistently get power creep wrong.
And yet again you got jebaited.

Yes.. Fireplume Phoenix is OBVIOUSLY better than Stormpike Commando but it's not actually power creep over the whole game because Stormpike isn't actually played. Neither is Tar Creeper actually power creep because it's better than Silverback Patriach. Like every time power creep was brought up both of us started snickering over it.

An actual example of power creep would be Jewelled McCaw or Kabal Talonpriest if Wild was still the main format. Because those cards actually compete or supplant previous crazy good cards in a class to raise its overall power level in the competitive field.

Pooya

all of those poisonous cards in arena are going to be very annoying but I guess they make the games more back and forth.

Hydra in arena is definitely very scary, you don't care about hp much in arena, removal is rare and if they use on it they don't have something for more expensive ones and they can't develop. You're unlikely to get rekt on board by playing it. I don't know how offer rate of neutral epics works out, hopefully not very high.

In constructed, I think people will certainly try beast druid and I expect this to be double innervated out on turn 1 and win games like Fel Reaver was. There is no bgh, it's even better when you do that. I don't see anyone else playing this though as talked the other day, specially burn decks like pirate warrior. That could be the best druid deck actually. If meta is all zoo like decks every other druid deck will be bad so might as well try aggro yourself, not that beast druid would be that good against zoo decks but it can high roll anything hard and win. I don't think anyone else will play hydra and it can be clunky if you're playing it on 5 it's no where nearly as much potential as it does have in druid. So maybe it sees more play if beast druid becomes popular, I think on first weeks it will be for sure as it's one of the easiest decks to build well. I've doubt if it's going to stick around like every time. Fel Reaver decks came and go too as meta adjusted, one month you had mech mage and aggro druid with it in great numbers, the next month it completely went away when meta adjusts. So calling the card 'trash' is too much, I admit that, it's potential. I can agree with 3. It's a card that its presence can shape how other decks are built, that's powerful.

Dahbomb

If anything I expect to see Hydra in a Hunter deck as the 5 drop. I don't think Beast Druid would be a thing but you never know., there are a ton of beasts incoming.

FeD.nL

Alright guys. Here's Part 1 of our card review!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCCt_DMQl94

This covers all the neutral cards.

Thanks for doing another review guys! Gonna watch it tonight.

Really wonder how the taunt quest control warrior lists are gonna look like. Tried to make a couple of lists and it's pretty interesting in terms of deckbuilding, how many taunts are too many, which cards to cut. At first sight I thought it would be more straight forward but it's definitely more interesting than that.

wiibomb

Wait, does the Druid quest reward really not reduce the cost of minions in hand?

That really sucks. The quest is hard enough to complete as is, and you can't even use it to consistently combo with it after you complete the quest?

yeah it doesn't affect the hand.

I don't think it would be bad because of that, you can perfectly not combo it and still be huge on following turns.

I mean, you literally played a 8/8 on that turn alone

Yes.. Fireplume Phoenix is OBVIOUSLY better than Stormpike Commando but it's not actually power creep over the whole game because Stormpike isn't actually played. Neither is Tar Creeper actually power creep because it's better than Silverback Patriach. Like every time power creep was brought up both of us started snickering over it.

An actual example of power creep would be Jewelled McCaw or Kabal Talonpriest if Wild was still the main format. Because those cards actually compete or supplant previous crazy good cards in a class to raise its overall power level in the competitive field.

I believe you actually just get it wrong and this whole jebaited stuff is your response.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Kabal talonpriest isn't strictly better than dark cultist.

I guess it doesn't have to be strictly better to be power creep though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I believe you actually just get it wrong and this whole jebaited stuff is your response.

Dude, simmer down.

Dahbomb knows what power creep is. We have some fun poking at some of the worst cards in the game like Am'gam Rager and Silverback Patriarch. That's it.

Dahbomb

Kabal talonpriest isn't strictly better than dark cultist.

I guess it doesn't have to be strictly better to be power creep though.
It's not always strictly better because Cultist is way more usable in Nzoth decks. However, Kabal Talonpriest elevated the power level of Priest higher than Cultist did and it's a very similar card. The fact that you can use BOTH of them in the same deck is why Priest's power is elevated. Talonpriest is also more usable in a wider variety of decks (ie. Talonpriest is used over Cultist in Dragon Priest, probably the strongest Priest deck).

Jeweled McCaw is probably going to completely replace Web spinner in Wild and raise the power level of the class. Only exception is Nzoth Hunter if people still play that.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's not always strictly better because Cultist is way more usable in Nzoth decks. However, Kabal Talonpriest elevated the power level of Priest higher than Cultist did and it's a very similar card. The fact that you can use BOTH of them in the same deck is why Priest's power is elevated. Talonpriest is also more usable in a wider variety of decks (ie. Talonpriest is used over Cultist in Dragon Priest, probably the strongest Priest deck).

Jeweled McCaw is probably going to completely replace Web spinner in Wild and raise the power level of the class. Only exception is Nzoth Hunter if people still play that.

I actually use talonpriest over dark cultist in nzoth priest because it is way better hah.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So if I understand the ratting system correctly, Archaeologist and Primordial Glyph are 4/5, because even though they are individually some of the strongest cards in the set and will be seen in basically every mage deck until rotation, they're not exactly defining the meta single handedly.

Is that how it works?

ZealousD

So if I understand the ratting system correctly, Archaeologist and Primordial Glyph are 4/5, because even though they are individually some of the strongest cards in the set and will be seen in basically every mage deck until rotation, they're not exactly defining the meta single handedly.

Is that how it works?

It doesn't necessarily have to be a reality-shaping card like Patches. It can be just a crazy ass card like Drakonid Operative. Dragon Priest was not a Tier 1 deck, but it was Tier 2 because of how absurdly strong Drakonid Operative was.

These were the cards that Dahbomb and I rated as 5 stars in our MSG re-review.

Patches
Pre-Nerf Small-Time Buccaneer
Kazakus
Drakonid Operative
Aya Blackpaw
Abyssal Enforcer

iOheXZg.png

636265804639765895.png

Do you choose which adapt? Because if you do then windfury could mean double proc easily and this card snowballs fast. But I think you may not get the choice because it happens when you attack and I can't think of another card that works the same way that is not random.

Pooya

I didn't see that card before, it's kinda funny.

You attack then you a get a choice, it should work like that, why not. Adapt has a choice everytime, that's the keyword.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It doesn't necessarily have to be a reality-shaping card like Patches. It can be just a crazy ass card like Drakonid Operative. Dragon Priest was not a Tier 1 deck, but it was Tier 2 because of how absurdly strong Drakonid Operative was.

These were the cards that Dahbomb and I rated as 5 stars in our MSG re-review.

Patches
Pre-Nerf Small-Time Buccaneer
Kazakus
Drakonid Operative
Aya Blackpaw
Abyssal Enforcer

In that case it doesn't seem like versatility is much of a factor, but instead it's about the strongest use.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Alright guys. Here's Part 1 of our card review!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCCt_DMQl94

This covers all the neutral cards.

Awww yessss. I will watch soon.

Also I think Vicious Fledgling is going to win people a TON of arena games. That card is going to be out of control when it adapts windfury first and balls out of control on T4. Kinda meh stats if you don't get to adapt it, but with that game winning potential you gotta respect it. Crazy card.

ZealousD

In that case it doesn't seem like versatility is much of a factor, but instead it's about the strongest use.

Well, that could be a consequence of MSG's card pool.

If it helps clarify things, I am definitely giving Arcanologist 5 stars because I think it becomes a must-include card in every Mage deck from now until it rotates out. Cards like Fireball and Fiery War Axe would be 5 stars because you never cut them for any reason. They define the class if not a specific deck.

gutshot

Also I got a MSoG pack upon logging in after updating, which I assume came from the HCT vote. So if you haven't gotten your pack(s) yet, they may show up for you after you update.

I'm still not entirely sold on the whole elemental package for quest rogue. Because the deathrattle minion is very slow and has little synergy with bounce mechanics. There is big upside to the package, and that is why it'll be tested heavily, but I am leaving some room for doubt myself.

Pooya

the paladin deck, man. I guess you can humility your own minions if it comes down to it too.

I call this deck jankadin.

Dahbomb

I am thinking of Curator in Taunt Quest Warrior.

Curator is a taunt itself. You can pull out two of the Beast taunts that Warriors got including the one that puts a taunt in your deck that you can pull with Curator.

You also have that new Dragon taunt which is a board clear which fits nicely. You can also maybe throw in an Alex if you want.

Now you only need a Murloc so you can fit in Corrupted Seer the Murloc board clear. Wish there was a taunt Murloc.

Ketch

Curator is a taunt itself. You can pull out two of the Beast taunts that Warriors got including the one that puts a taunt in your deck that you can pull with Curator.

You also have that new Dragon taunt which is a board clear which fits nicely. You can also maybe throw in an Alex if you want.

Now you only need a Murloc so you can fit in Corrupted Seer the Murloc board clear. Wish there was a taunt Murloc.

There's the tidecaller taunt Murloc, not sure if it counts for the quest tho

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Both those cards have good synergy with sleep with the fishes late game too.

Dahbomb

There's the tidecaller taunt Murloc, not sure if it counts for the quest tho
That summons a taunt though, not play. If we can summon a taunt for the quest then I would just do that new 2 mana taunt combined with Protect the King to generate free token taunts for the quest.

ZealousD

You might not even need a murloc. Didn't Curator Beast Druid run fine without one?

ZealousD

It used Finley.

I mean it's not like drawing 2 is bad, especially if you're drawing into Direhorn Matriarch. I don't think you want Corrupted Seer in your Taunt Warrior deck. You have too many minions for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom