• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

Besides Finley, what are they losing?

It's not just about losing Finley, there's also Golakka Crawler which I guarantee every Hunter deck will run (as long as Pirate Warrior is a thing), Taunt Warrior and possibly Quest Priest. Having Hunter, Warlock or even Druid/Mage hero power is a huge thing for finishing up games or refilling your hand.

edit: ^^^ yeah I'm saying it's all about the meta. Pirate Warrior's best matchups are opponents who spend the early turns not developing the board but it's looking like the top meta decks are going to be ones that are board focused

Besides Finley, what are they losing?

Bash for the not so minion based build. It is all about percents. As to how much finley impacts the deck it really is percents. So say Finley adds 1-2% win rate... that would be enough, assuming no obvious replacement to put that deck down a slot or two and perhaps keep it out of top tier. My own experience makes me feel that will not be the case. I think the only hope is that on the other end, new taunt based decks make it hard for face decks to win much. Not too hopeful there.

It's not just about losing Finley, there's also Golakka Crawler which I guarantee every Hunter deck will run (as long as Pirate Warrior is a thing), Taunt Warrior and possibly Quest Priest. Having Hunter, Warlock or even Druid/Mage hero power is a huge thing for finishing up games or refilling your hand.

edit: ^^^ yeah I'm saying it's all about the meta. Pirate Warrior's best matchups are opponents who spend the early turns not developing the board but it's looking like the top meta decks are going to be ones that are board focused

Eh playing a quest turn 1 is the definition of not developing the board. You're freely giving PW a headstart.

Xanathus

Eh playing a quest turn 1 is the definition of not developing the board. You're freely giving PW a headstart.

You can mulligan the quest away on turn 1, and I believe no Taunt Warrior deck is going to be running any 1-mana minions anyway. For Hunter I suspect that the quest might not be played at all in the end.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
4? Did you miss 1 pack? I have 5 free packs. 3 from tavern brawl, 2 from login.
Yeah i missed 1 brawl. >__<

Bash in some instances.

Yeah i know its all about the meta, just wanted to know if there was any notable card goin' out.
Thanks for the info broskies!

TankUP

77 packs and 17k dust for me.

Gonna craft all the warrior cards I don't pull, and then probably look at zoo or elemental shaman. I'll save whatever is left over to see how the meta shakes out. Warrior I always craft no matter what, and I think zoo and elemental shaman are safe bets at being very good decks. The rest I honestly don't know.

DSmalls84

77 packs and 17k dust for me.

Gonna craft all the warrior cards I don't pull, and then probably look at zoo or elemental shaman. I'll save whatever is left over to see how the meta shakes out. Warrior I always craft no matter what, and I think zoo and elemental shaman are safe bets at being very good decks. The rest I honestly don't know.

Yeah definitely looking forward to trying out the Warrior Quest and Mosh. Warrior is going to have a ridiculous amount of removal between Brawl, Sleep with the Fishes and Mosh.

gutshot

I've got almost 5k gold and 15k dust but I'm still debating getting the preorder since I really would like most of the Quests and it looks like I'll need a lot of epics too.

Yeah definitely looking forward to trying out the Warrior Quest and Mosh. Warrior is going to have a ridiculous amount of removal between Brawl, Sleep with the Fishes and Mosh.

I think stonehill defender is going to be a sleeper hit in quest warrior. A lot of people be hating on the 3 mana 1/4 statline, but I think of it sort of as an acolyte that guarantee tutors a taunt and is a taunt itself. Late game you can aim for huge taunts like tar creeper. There are so many warrior taunts they'll show up much more than neutral bad ones.

It's sort of an arcane intellect that draws and plays a 1/4 taunt and discovers a taunt.

I still have like no legendaries so I'm hoping to get lucky with my 55 or so packs.

Might buy some classic packs too to try and fill the gap in my legends.

If I spend all my gold on cards I'll get (including pre-order) 88 packs, and I'm sitting on 2200 dust before the Hall of Fame cards get rotated out.

I think I'll be OK.

Magnus

My new colleague at work is a hearthstone nut, spending even more than I do (and I spend like $70) on each expansion. He might do $150 for Ungoro. And he laughs at me every time we discuss Ungoro and I mention how X card is rotating out, or Y deck won't have Z card anymore, because he exclusively plays Wild and always talks about how Wild is becoming the new best way to play.

Thoughts? lol

I'm definitely open to the idea of playing Wild more and getting to revisit and use many cool cards again, but my understanding is that the best balance (lol) will always be present in Standard, yeah?

Also, don't forget to log in today for another free Ungoro pack! I'm up to 55 now. That's the max possible at this point, right?

Xanathus

I think stonehill defender is going to be a sleeper hit in quest warrior. A lot of people be hating on the 3 mana 1/4 statline, but I think of it sort of as an acolyte that guarantee tutors a taunt and is a taunt itself. Late game you can aim for huge taunts like tar creeper. There are so many warrior taunts they'll show up much more than neutral bad ones.

It's sort of an arcane intellect that draws and plays a 1/4 taunt and discovers a taunt.

Stonehill Defender will definitely be played in a slower control-oriented Taunt Quest Warrior, but not in a more Tempo oriented one. The problem I'm seeing right now with Tempo versions is that the taunt cards for the quest are anti-synergy with the tempo cards.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Something that Dahbomb and I talked about with Stonehill Defender is that the class bonus with Discover makes that card potentially relevant in something like Paladin. Very high probability to pull a Tirion.

Wild is the best format if you're cheap, new or old player. New player can make card like shredder, antique, etc cheap and be competitive quicker than in std. Old player can play old deck like mech mage and still ladder to single digit. Or make crazy new decks. Standard player almost has to spend money on the game even if long time player if wants to play many classes, so many quests and such to collect.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Something that Dahbomb and I talked about with Stonehill Defender is that the class bonus with Discover makes that card potentially relevant in something like Paladin. Very high probability to pull a Tirion.
Don't forget, Class cards just get a 4x appearance bonus. There will be 40 neutral taunts as of Ungoro, and 3 Paladin Taunts.

My napkin math says you would have roughly a 45% chance of one of the Paladin cards showing up, and 17% for tirion specifically.

cHinzo

Aight, dusted almost all my golden cards I don't use (kept 2 cool golden legendaries and some other rares though) and got 6k dust left. I don't have Rag yet, so I should craft the golden one for 3200 before the patch goes live to get the full amount of dust (3200) back plus another 1600 when I dust the Rag right?

Don't forget, Class cards just get a 4x appearance bonus. There will be 40 neutral taunts as of Ungoro, and 3 Paladin Taunts.

My napkin math says you would have roughly a 45% chance of one of the Paladin cards showing up, and 17% for tirion specifically.

I think it's 3x but same concept. I'm not sold on this though for paladin. I guess it's possible.

There only seems to be 3 taunts in paladin though. 1 is bad.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think it's 3x but same concept. I'm not sold on this though for paladin. I guess it's possible.

Its definitely is/was 4x:
https://twitter.com/bdbrode/status/666359351980920832

Aight, dusted almost all my golden cards I don't use (kept 2 cool golden legendaries and some other rares though) and got 6k dust left. I don't have Rag yet, so I should craft the golden one for 3200 before the patch goes live to get the full amount of dust (3200) back plus another 1600 when I dust the Rag right?

Yeah. If you don't have Rag, craft the golden one for sure.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
spent an average of 11h per day for 5 weeks, including weekends for this exam. Just got the scores, failed by 4 points (out of 55) :):):):):):)

time to either soduku or drown my sorrows by investing in ~800 packs :):):):):):):))))::):):):)L):)):

cHinzo

Yeah. If you don't have Rag, craft the golden one for sure.

Aight, free legendary it is. :D

Hmm, that Devilsaur Egg doesn't look too bad. Coin the Egg and play Void Terror on turn 3 for a 5/5 and 3/6 is disgusting. Play the egg on turn 3 and Ravenous Pterrordax on turn 4 with a double adapt for a potential 5/5 and 7/7 is also disgusting.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
spent an average of 11h per day for 5 weeks, including weekends for this exam. Just got the scores, failed by 4 points (out of 55) :):):):):):)

Sorry man :(

time to either soduku or drown my sorrows by investing in ~800 packs
DO IT. JUST DO IT.
Though 800 packs sound a bit of an overkill.

I'm not completely sold on the elemental package for quest rogue but here is one version of quest rogue.

.eJwFwVEOwiAMANC7cAAKKKzdZRbCCJvZLNLyZby7733NHJdZzaHaZQXYTyk8divKI7dqG3O7au6n2MI3ZNVcjru-VcAvLgWM_rEgkQv4JAiEGGNE5yOSx5QQPrOKboPbrFuwr97M7w_mUSUz.ze2JhSK4eyMbHVxmpGVdTiFCVmE

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/777216-quest-prototype-2 if too hard to see

Blizzard

Banned
When is the closing date on the Google spreadsheet rankings? Is there going to be a sorted list of all the cards when it's over?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Bittertide Hydra is the BEST neutral card in Ungoro...

In Arena mode according to MERPS and ADWCTA.

I can see why they'd think that, but I think Tar Creeper or Volcanosaur could easily be the best as well.

gutshot

Here is the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fOc2LgWfFiETMAfDEGkGx_OupxWSSJVTU4ADfs5hyTY/edit?usp=sharing

The Average Scores tab has all the cards sorted by average score, from highest to lowest.

And if any one still hasn't rated the cards, you can find the link to the form in this post.

Christ, looking at that speadsheet I gave Ravenous Pterrordax a 1. Must've not been looking and thought it was Pterrordax Hatchling. Ah, well... maybe the card will bomb and I'll be a visionary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom