• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
craft the commons as goldens before thursday. you'll only net 80 dust for it but it's something if you can dig up the dust.

kinda shitty they took TGT out of the store already, last year when (WOTOG?) standard dropped, i had about 4.5k dust saved for the new expansion, but on the last day before it i audibled and spent over 3k of it on GVG packs since i knew i wanted to play wild and figured it was a lot cheaper than crafting everything. fantastic decision in hindsight, they really should've announced the take down in case anyone was going to do what i did at the last minute.

squidyj

To what end?

barnabus
carnassa
megafin
amara
odds are you wont be able to get galvadon because stealth

I'm sure there will be other high value targets, the quest rewards are probably the only ones worth faceless + bounce.
worst comes to worst you can copy a charger for 5 more damage

55500.gif

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
barnabus
carnassa
megafin
amara
odds are you wont be able to get galvadon because stealth

I'm sure there will be other high value targets, the quest rewards are probably the only ones worth faceless + bounce.
worst comes to worst you can copy a charger for 5 more damage

I see. Sounds a little meme worthy.

squidyj

craft the commons as goldens before thursday. you'll only net 80 dust for it but it's something if you can dig up the dust.

To clarify for those who haven't done so or don't know yet

This maximizes your dust profit
If you don't have a copy of a Hall of Fame card, craft the golden
If you have a non-gold copy of a rare epic or legendary Hall of Fame card do nothing
If you have a non-gold copy of a common Hall of Fame card, craft the gold.

I see. Sounds a little meme worthy.

the high roll is pretty meme but the low roll might be good enough for the card to be worth including if quest decks are popular in those classes.

what u think are weakest 1 drops in this list? i need to drop 5 cards for my wild hunter quest deck. even with all the big drops i added (wild has much more taunts and heals so i deem them necessary there), still have over 50% chance to finish quest by turn 5 and 90% by turn 6 (after i juice 5 one drops to make it a 30 card deck). actually with a jeeves drop on 4 or 5 the chances might be even higher. big cards will also help with turn 5 or 6 dirty rat cheesers.

Abusive Sergeant × 2
Alleycat × 2
Argent Squire × 2
Bloodsail Corsair × 2
Emerald Reaver × 2
Fiery Bat × 2
Fire Fly × 2
Glacial Shard × 2
Jeweled Macaw × 2
Leper Gnome × 2
Patches the Pirate × 1
The Marsh Queen × 1
Tracking × 2
Webspinner × 2
Worgen Infiltrator × 1
Jeeves × 2
Fel Reaver × 2
Tol'vir Warden × 2
Savannah Highmane × 2

i could drop some non beasts and add timber wolf but timber wolf is really not good IMO stuff like leper gnome is guaranteed damage compared to it

gutshot

What is the math behind crafting golden commons headed to the Hall of Fame? How is it different than rares, epics and legendaries?

EDIT: Just trying to work through this on my own.

So if I just do nothing with my 2 normal Conceals, I will gain 80 dust.
But if I craft 2 golden Conceals, I lose 800 dust but then get a refund on Thurs. I then disenchant them for 100 dust, netting me 20 dust profit.

Is that right? If so, I'd end up with 60 dust profit total because there are 3 sets of commons rotating out (20 dust profit for each set).

wiibomb

I literally bought just 1 pack of TGT just to get one pack sitting there forever.

I think disguised toast had a similar thing with a GvG pack sitting in his collection forever without opening it.

BTW, in android and in amazon marketplace you still buy from those packs, they haven't updated the client still.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What is the math behind crafting golden commons headed to the Hall of Fame? How is it different than rares, epics and legendaries?

The dust you get for disenchanting gold Rare, Epic and Legendary is the same as the cost of crafting a non-gold version.

The dust you get for disenchanting gold commons is 50 instead of the 40 dust that costs to craft a non-gold version.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like a lot of effort for 10 dust.

Gotta take every advantage against the greedy corporate overlords that Blizzard has become!

/sarcasm

I mean free dust is free dust. But it is worth noting that I am not going to bother.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know what though, I am going to craft a second Golden Drake. A 100 net dust loss isn't a big deal, and Drake will likely be played in wild for a long time.

JJH

What are you guys' favorable control decks for the new standard/Un'goro release? Saving my dust for either Priest or Warrior, but having second thoughts about Mage.

Dahbomb

Time for a batch of new decks.

Classic Handlock Ungoro

Honestly does not seem that terrible, I had initially written off Handlock but it doesn't seem that bad when I got down to making it. Can replace one of the board clears with Twisting Nether depending on the meta. Curious to try out this deck when the expansion launches.

Quest Taunt Warrior

I think 13-15 is the sweet spot of taunts, anything higher and the deck becomes super clunky. I threw in a King Mosh but I don't think it's required. Rest is all standard CW stuff except I have one less Shield Slam because I don't need that many hard removals when I have far more minions to use (and of course the hero power from the quest which will probably remove something big too).

Seems like a pretty stable deck to be honest, has all the essentials with room for more techs. Just have to take out some of the taunts like Stonehill. I think you need at least 2 Beast taunts in there though just to get value out of Curator though the beast taunts are probably the least impressive taunts in there.

Now THIS is my real out there deck.

Quest EXODIA Mage deck.

Seems hella clunky to be honest mostly because it lacks any real heal. The draw is less consistent because instead of Loot Hoarders you have to play that new Elemental to meet your win condition. It's not really feasible to assemble the 6 required combo pieces in time IMO.

The Combo is:

Play 2 Sorc Apprentice, then play 2 Molten Reflections then play the Quest. That's like 8 mana (4 for the Sorceror's, 2 for the first Molten, 1 for the second Molten and then 1 mana for the Quest).

Then you play Antonidas and OTK them.

I think the Arcane Giant version is probably going to be a lot more consistent and playable. You need only 3 cards to get the combo off (2 Arcane Giants plus Alex or 1 Arcane Giant + Shambler/Reflection plus Alex). Only issue is that this version cannot by pass taunts against Taunt Warrior or new Handlock and in fact any taunt on the board will sort of ruin your math a bit.

Pooya

meta will be all aggro/swarm decks and people will complain reddit next week this time that they can't play any of those slow quest decks or whatever and that there is no healing in the game.

very easy to predict.

Dahbomb

And obviously I forgot my real magnum opus theory craft deck:

100% all in SMORC Face Hunter

No Quests, no Dinomancy, no Stampede, no bull shit... just good ol' fashion face is the place.

Zoolock, Hunter (because it's god damn Hunter let's be fucking real), Pirate Warrior are looking to be the 3 premiere aggressive decks of the set. Taunt Warrior stands the best chance against them. Rest of the decks I have tried to make fall to one of these aggressive decks except Handlock against Zoolock because of all the massive taunts.

Dart

I agree with Kripp, Mage quest is easily that most OP quest/card. It is the only card I rated a 5 on the neogaf rating poll. ONLY six generated spells? Easiest quest req. not to mention the discount on req. if you go second because of the coin. completely uninteractive too, like wtf? Doesn't take much to get heavy damage in a two turn move.

Maybe I'm wrong though ¯_(ツ)_/¯ ... I hope

Pooya

I don't know it's not that easy at all. The generated spells can cost any number, it can take a while until you can play them while managing the board. It's hardly trivial and every game will be different. The card itself won't win the game, you need to assemble a win condition too.

If a tempo deck emerges than can run the quest and just use it for burn, I can see it being oppressive. It seems very unlikely that a deck like that could work with current card pool.

If it's just control/combo deck like freeze mage, it's hard to see it being too good.

Seems balanced 3/5 to me at best. It's a very exciting card though.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I've been pondering the new Mage quest in a Reno deck in Wild. The Reno Mage deck already has the tools to survive to fatigue all the damn time, the quest finally gives it that extra turn to close out with some damage for the win. Either by Arcane Giant hitting face or Antonidas fireballing out of control.

You drop some of the defensive tools of which Reno Mage has plenty. And the cuts quickly start becoming brutal to make.

Cards to Generate Spells outside your deck:
Babbling Book.
Antonidas (but try to save him for the win condition so you can fireball chain for the win)
Primordial Glyph
Forgotten Torch
Kabal Courier (not guaranteed)
Kazakus (possibly x2 if you Bran)
Cabalist's Tome (Counts as x3)
Ethereal Conjurer

The choices beyond that are pretty standard. You end up with a deck that was already strong that simply just gained a win condition that it never had before. Should be a fun deck ot mess around with.

I've been pondering the new Mage quest in a Reno deck in Wild. The Reno Mage deck already has the tools to survive to fatigue all the damn time, the quest finally gives it that extra turn to close out with some damage for the win. Either by Arcane Giant hitting face or Antonidas fireballing out of control.

You drop some of the defensive tools of which Reno Mage has plenty. And the cuts quickly start becoming brutal to make.

Babbling Book.
Antonidas (but try to save him for the win condition so you can fireball chain for the win)
Primordial Glyph
Forgotten Torch
Ethereal Conjurer

The choices beyond that are pretty standard. You end up with a deck that was already strong that simply just gained a win condition that it never had before. Should be a fun deck ot mess around with.

you have access to emperor in wild what do you need the quest for?

Measley

Babbling Book.
Primordial Glyph
Forgotten Torch
Ethereal Conjurer

Would it be viable to use Manic Soulcaster to copy the Arcane Giants?

Pooya

I tried the new card they gave away for fun.

Innervate it out on 5, got a 5/12, it actually felt strong and this is like one of the worst adapt cards. The warlock 4 drop gotta be very good, adapt is ok for one time but adapting twice is huge.

wiibomb

Innervate it out on 5, got a 5/12, it actually felt strong and this is like one of the worst adapt cards. The warlock 4 drop gotta be very good, adapt is ok for one time but adapting twice is huge.

how? I thought it was only available in Asia

Babbling Book.
Primordial Glyph
Forgotten Torch
Ethereal Conjurer

It occurs to me that if you get Thaurassan to proc on Antonidas AND Time Warp, you can use both in the same turn and get a Fireball. :-O

The new Mage secret should count as well.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Looking forward to using Brann with it for quad adapt in standard before the rotation hits.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
No. It says play not summon so you have to play it as a minion.

Would be pretty OP with deathrattle or unleash the hounds I guess.

Funny that originally the text of Starving Buzzard said "Play" too when it actually acted as a "Summon". Maybe they should have changed the mechanic to "Play" instead of changing the text to "Summon" and help it avoid the super nerf it got.

Finalow

I agree with Kripp, Mage quest is easily that most OP quest/card. It is the only card I rated a 5 on the neogaf rating poll. ONLY six generated spells? Easiest quest req. not to mention the discount on req. if you go second because of the coin. completely uninteractive too, like wtf? Doesn't take much to get heavy damage in a two turn move.
yet more proof that Kripp has no clue about constructed.
there will be a combo deck running that quest, and it can definitely work, but I don't see it being good enough to be competitive at all. the core of the deck is generating and playing random spells, a deck like that can't be consistent. and the quest isn't that simple to complete.

it does look like a fun deck to play though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Yeah, I initially didn't think much of that Warlock Card, but taking a closer look I think it will be insane in Zoolock.

Maybe I'm wrong though ¯_(ツ)_/¯ ... I hope

You not only have to generate those spells, you have to cast those spells. It takes a very long time to complete. And we're talking about a combo finisher deck that starts at minus 1 card due to the quest. Kripp is throwing darts and hoping (or not hoping) one dart sticks.

I doubt the deck, when it works, is even as bad as freeze mage. Hell, if you think about it, is time warp even much better than ice block which requires no activation? Time warp enables a few more win conditions, but nothing as bad as we've seen before and "exodia" mage has like a 1% chance of being good.

scarlet

Got my 4 packs. It's alright, but no Legendary. And now I'm scared for my 63 JUG packs.

Maiev is after Un'goro, no? Not after patch?

Slermy

I realized I never bought League of Explorers. So I checked to see if the link was still valid this morning, bought some Blizzard points tonight, and now the link is gone.

I thought I had until Thursday. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom