• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

So do we only get these Quest cards from crafting or from a pack? Or is Blizzard going to give us Quest cards for each class?

take the quest as a completely normal legendary, you can get them from a pack, you can craft them, and the won't be EVER gifted by blizzard.

so yeah, I don't know what blizzards really think about people not playing quests, but most people will probably get 1 or 2, and sometimes 0 because there are plenty other legendaries to deter from the quests

Dahbomb

Would arcanologist be better if it was discover a secret? I say yes.
Of course it would be better LOL! You aren't going to have more than 3 secrets in a Mage deck so that's basically saying "Choose whatever Secret you want to draw from your deck".

Kibler's Top 5:

Sunkeeper Tarim (Honorable Mention)
Tar Creeper
Fire Plume's Heart
Vilespine Slayer
Kalimos
Jeweled McCaw

Pretty solid list to be honest. All of these cards I have personally rated 4 or higher.
Tar Creeper is going to be omnipresent in control decks.

take the quest as a completely normal legendary, you can get them from a pack, you can craft them, and the won't be EVER gifted by blizzard.

so yeah, I don't know what blizzards really think about people not playing quests, but most people will probably get 1 or 2, and sometimes 0 because there are plenty other legendaries to deter from the quests
They're giving us all ~3200 dust, so we'll have some crafting power. I'm sitting on enough dust to craft a legendary right now, so I can craft 3 plus whatever the RNGoddess blesses me with.

wiibomb

Of course it would be better LOL! You aren't going to have more than 3 secrets in a Mage deck so that's basically saying "Choose whatever Secret you want to draw from your deck".

I'm guessing he means discover as random, not from your deck.

and if Yaboosh doesn't mean that, I wonder if that would be better

Jetman

It would be nice if they gave everyone 1 free quest card

I have one friend who says, 'no way in hell', that Blizz is giving us Quest Cards and another who is super confident they'll include a rudimentary story mode like Gadgetzan and award them to us. If they don't that friend told me he'd buy me 10 packs, hahaha

Opening packs on your phone is the last satisfying thing ever though.
Lol I guess I've never been satisfied then. I think I've opened only like 50 packs on my computer.
I just hope for some good Epic RNG in this set. I just want the good Epics, not the bad ones.

Please Blizzard. I got 64 packs lined up all paying the iron price (aka grinded gold).
Man since I was just spending and spending my gold after mean streets came out because that's what I would normally do until an adventure released and then started saving after. Once I found out there wouldn't be one I started saving but I only have 4k gold when I normally would've had 8k or so

wiibomb

I have one friend who says, 'no way in hell', that Blizz is giving us Quest Cards and another who is super confident they'll include a rudimentary story mode like Gadgetzan and award them to us. If they don't that friend told me he'd buy me 10 packs, hahaha

well, ask them packs, because at least in this patch there is nothing about that, and the only card being gifted is Fight Promoter (oddly enough) sometime in the future, unless they patch it in some months (which won't happen) there isn't a chance for that

Kurrman

Neo Member
I bought 50 packs this morning because I knew I wanted to play this so bad. Even better news: I had no idea it was releasing today :)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
There are so many bad secrets though. If a secret is good enough to include in your deck, then it's probably the best secret for your play style anyways.

Yes but arcanologist I think would be an auto include in every mage deck as a discover card but as it is now it requires you to actually include them.

Tempo mage wouldn't play arcanologist as it is.

I hoping g we get a quest that is win X games and the reward is a quest card

hollomat

Banned
By giving each class 2 legendaries with the new expansion (quest and minion legendary) the odds of getting a legendary you want out of packs is going to be extremely low.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If I open a paladin quest I will spend as long as it takes to get it off with brann.

I'm rank 14 right now in wild, I can't fall that far trying.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yes but arcanologist I think would be an auto include in every mage deck as a discover card but as it is now it requires you to actually include them.

Tempo mage wouldn't play arcanologist as it is.

Classic Tempo mage wouldn't play archaeologist discover or not, because there's not a single secret that consistently gives you 3 mana or more worth of tempo. They're not going to risk 2 mana of tempo on a 1 cost minion or spell from Counter Spell or Mirror Entity. If there was a good tempo secret released, they'd probably want to have archaeologist works as it does now to always get it.

Grief.exe

Hunter is going to be the best Arena class after the update. These common picks are insane.

200px-Grievous_Bite%2855527%29.png
200px-Crackling_Razormaw%2855500%29.png
200px-Jeweled_Macaw%2855528%29.png

Mage, Paladin, and Warrior look terrible for common drops.

Dahbomb

Is discard zoolock a thing? I imagine zoo is how you play discard. What wing are the Karazan lock cards?
Yea Discard Zoo has been a thing since Karazhan.

Malchezaar's Imp is all the way in the last Wing so you kinda need all of the Wings. That's probably the most important Discard synergy card.

patchday

lol one my coworkers called in sick. Granted he might be sick but its awfully suspicious since new expac drops today and he gets to open at least 120 packs (he started saving his gold even before me). Man I was tempted as well. I will probably just leave work early :)

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The power of Arcanlogist also removes a "bad" card from your deck when you're top decking for the win later.

I mean lets all remember that Mad Scientist was and continues to be an INSANELY powerful card for Mage in Wild.

Arcanologist is less powerful than that, but not a ton. It doesn't play the secret for free so it isn't autoinclude forever, but you still get the card out of your deck and the chance to play it when you need it later. The card is nuts. I expect we'll see it for a long time in Mage decks.

Finalow

It's still going to be near the top of the meta.
I don't think so. I feel like if aggro will still be a top of the meta thing, it'll be with another deck, and pirate warrior will be played only by those who can't afford better decks. so basically just like it was in the MSoG meta before aggro Shaman was nerfed.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Hunter is going to be the best Arena class after the update. These common picks are insane.

I imagine a lot of people complaining about quest hunter by tonight too even if it is bad, just as a likely popular and somewhat easy to build aggro deck on a day everyone is trying to play unoptimized slow decks.

Will probably be working on Hunter, Shaman, and Warrior decks for this expansion.

They shouldn't be too hard to make, I just need to buy some MSoG packs cause I didn't buy any during the release.

Ketch

Yea Discard Zoo has been a thing since Karazhan.

Malchezaar's Imp is all the way in the last Wing so you kinda need all of the Wings. That's probably the most important Discard synergy card.

do you still run jeraxus in discard? It's in my wotg zoo deck.

I guess I don't mind buying the whole adventure.... I like the solo adventures anyway for funsies... just seems like there's a lot of bad cards in it.

DSmalls84

Opening packs is a roller coaster lol. Usually extreme excitement to bitter disappointment. Still hoping for the best this time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom