• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

We're talking about the new elise, right? The one that adds a booster to your deck. Only reason would be to control when the cards go in but the card quality is going to be far below 5 random legendaries.
Its still draw 5 card

And devs said the rarity has been adjusted.
The chance you getting epic and legendary is significantly higher

squidyj

We're talking about the new elise, right? The one that adds a booster to your deck. Only reason would be to control when the cards go in but the card quality is going to be far below 5 random legendaries.

do you want to win games? if so you shouldn't be putting malchezaar in your deck.

Malchezaar is a card that shuffles 5 garbage cards into your deck. Making your deck worse.

Meanwhile Elise is a reasonably statted card that shuffles one card into your deck that will replenish your hand.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what the class card frequency is on the Elise deck. Sure, the pack spell itself counts toward the Mage quest, but doesn't seem great unless you often get spells from the pack.

In any case, I am looking forward to using new Elise in slower decks that need more draw, like maybe Control Paladin. Just unfortunately Pirates and Jades might snuff it out before it ever gets a chance to shine.

Nordicus

Stuff like that will be the only way Flurry sees play again.

Didn't mean to go on a bit of a rant about semantics. Just disappointed by a few minor things I think should work.
Naah it's fine. HS card text can sometimes be real amateur hour, no argument there.

My pity timer was getting pretty high for MSoG packs, so I said to myself, let's buy 5 packs max to get another legend. Bought them one by one and on the third pack I got Madam Goya. Not an amazing legendary, but I didn't have her yet, and she has a unique effect, so I'm sure she'll see use in some goofy deck in Wild some day.

And with that, I probably won't ever get another MSoG pack unless I get it as a random reward as a 2nd pack in Arena. I'm ready to buy about 40 packs with gold once the Un'goro shop opens up.

zoukka

Got 60g hunter quest. Is this a sign?

49dea7de37c74b57198ef049e77b2ee3_1000-images-about-laughter-is-meme-its-been-84-years_399-172.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
Been completely out of the loop, only just bothered to glance over the new expansion.

Looks really boring to me, then again so did Gadgetzan and I ended up liking Jade and Pirates a lot more than I expected. Any chance Dinobeast is viable? That's what stands out as fun to me, I'd love to play Hunter again. Mage might be fun.

And wow they're never going to stop trying to make Taunt Warrior

Been completely out of the loop, only just bothered to glance over the new expansion.

Looks really boring to me, then again so did Gadgetzan and I ended up liking Jade and Pirates a lot more than I expected. Any chance Dinobeast is viable? That's what stands out as fun to me, I'd love to play Hunter again. Mage might be fun.

And wow they're never going to stop trying to make Taunt Warrior

rozTOJU.gif

Side note: I'm positive Hunter will be better in Un'goro than it was in Gadgetzan. I'm not sure if it'll be top-tier, but definitely at least in the middle of the pack. So, I think you'll get your wish of playing Hunter again, at least, that's my prediction.

I like playing jade decks as well tbh

getout.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
Jade is just nice and curvy, doesn't start too slow or run out of steam. Very rarely have a bad game with it, win or lose.

I'm very glad the expansion is hitting now, I haven't been able to play Persona 5 due to not being home and I'm furious about it, but at least I can play Hearth on the go easily.

Measley

Taunt Warrior should be very viable thanks to Sulfuras and the new hero power.

I wonder if it could be viable to run Beardo with that deck in order to do the hero power multiple times.....

Majukun

hmm..didn't liked the meta after the last expansion and i think i will also not like it this time when basically pirate warrior and jade will run amok even more than before,losing very little cards in the rotation compared to classes like piest that are completely destroyed by it.

that being said,i'm a ttoal noob at this game,so there might be something that i'm missing.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think most people are ready for a meta change. This current meta is not fun to watch at all. Tournaments have been boring and so had ladder IMO.

Despite all that I have had my best ladder finishes under this meta...

Hearthstone |OT8| "We're gonna be poor"

Majukun

I think most people are ready for a meta change. This current meta is not fun to watch at all. Tournaments have been boring and so had ladder IMO.

Despite all that I have had my best ladder finishes under this meta...

but how can the meta change when the most used decks are barely effected by the rotation (especially compared to other that are comletely destroyed)?

MThanded

but how can the meta change when the most used decks are barely effected by the rotation (especially compared to other that are comletely destroyed)?

There is no reno. That destroys all reno decks for one.

Also there are more tools to slow down the game ( low cost taunts and adapting into taunt)

Majukun

There is no reno. That destroys all reno decks for one.

Also there are more tools to slow down the game ( low cost taunts and adapting into taunt.

i fight way more jade-something and pirate warriors than reno usually

also control will always be effected by the jade decks,if you go slow they become basically invincible

as i said before i'm a noob though,so i'm sure someone will come and say that i'm totally missing something and they are not really that good or something like that :p

MThanded

i fight way more jade-something and pirate warriors than reno usually

also control will always be effected by the jade decks,if you go slow they become basically invincible

as i said before i'm a noob though,so i'm sure someone will come and say that i'm totally missing something and they are not really that good or something like that :p
I hit a bunch of pirate warrior on the ladder.

I would agree that jade will be around for a while. For better or worse.

fertygo

these new quest follow same design philosophy as Jade Idols

putting soft clock to the matches, so not sure how that gonna lead to nerfing jade idol

Never been a bug ccg player so maybe this is the norm but does anyone find it wierd/dispointing how blizzard drops support for archtypes.

Mean Streets had no C'thun cards and Un'goronhas no tri class cards.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Never been a bug ccg player so maybe this is the norm but does anyone find it wierd/dispointing how blizzard drops support for archtypes.

Nope, it's coherent with Blizzy's goal of having fresh metas.
So each expansion brings new mechanics instead of "rehashing" old ones.
I understand the idea but dunno how much can it scale.

But since MtG is still huge i guess there's a lot of room for new stuff.

Ripenen

Sounds like Hearthstone revenue is way down since they've been teasing the expansion. Guessing we won't see them doing this long of a build up again.

Dahbomb

Quest for Jade:

1 mana Quest: Summon 5 Jade Golems.

Quest Reward: Shuffle an unlimited amount of 1 mana 6/6 Golems that grow into your deck.

Oh wait that's basically Jade Idol but much worse.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I was BM'ing my opponent for like 3 turns makin' silly plays and letting him/her live... and then i lost my internet connection.

I got Karma'd hard. V_V

For anyone worried about deck variety, the last few days I've been playing Wild, and I have not seen ONE duplicate deck. I've seen all of the following across my two dozen matches or so:
Pirate Warrior
Murloc Shaman
Tempo Mage
Freeze Mage
Midrange Hunter
Demonlock
Renolock
Reno Mage
Reno Priest
N'Zoth Priest
Heal Priest
Secret Paladin
Anyfin Paladin
N'Zoth Rogue
Miracle Rogue
Zoolock
C'Thun Warrior
Egg Druid

Plus of course the various mish-mash decks you find in Wild. I know I say this often, but Wild really is much, much more interesting than Standard, and with this expansion rotating out key cards like Brann I suspect it will be more true than ever. Personally, I run Demonlock a lot in Wild, and I destroy with its huge tempo swings. Pterrordax is going to make a great addition to that deck. I might also add a dino egg.

Each set only contains ~10 cards for each class. It's not possible to introduce new, flesh-out and supported ideas while also supporting all of the old ones. If you play Wild, it's not really a problem.

these new quest follow same design philosophy as Jade Idols

putting soft clock to the matches, so not sure how that gonna lead to nerfing jade idol
Which of the quests is an "I win" button?

For anyone worried about deck variety, the last few days I've been playing Wild, and I have not seen ONE duplicate deck. I've seen all of the following across my two dozen matches or so:
Pirate Warrior
Murloc Shaman
Tempo Mage
Freeze Mage
Midrange Hunter
Demonlock
Renolock
Reno Mage
Reno Priest
N'Zoth Priest
Heal Priest
Secret Paladin
Anyfin Paladin
N'Zoth Rogue
Miracle Rogue
Zoolock
C'Thun Warrior
Egg Druid

Plus of course the various mish-mash decks you find in Wild. I know I say this often, but Wild really is much, much more interesting than Standard, and with this expansion rotating out key cards like Brann I suspect it will be more true than ever. Personally, I run Demonlock a lot in Wild, and I destroy with its huge tempo swings. Pterrordax is going to make a great addition to that deck. I might also add a dino egg.

Each set only contains ~10 cards for each class. It's not possible to introduce new, flesh-out and supported ideas while also supporting all of the old ones. If you play Wild, it's not really a problem.

Which of the quests is an "I win" button?
My zoobot Druid got better with volcanosaur the past few days. Gonna drop the archetype for now but it's playable in wild ranked for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom