• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Blizzard

Banned
A quest mage just got Ice Block from Babbling Book, because quest / freeze mage spell discovery and Ice Block weren't annoying enough already. 3 ice blocks in about 10-11 turns. They lost, but it was still very irritating.

Against Hunter I play very aggressively to clear their board early because I know hyena and razormaw can win the game for them.

Of course when I play hunter the adapt options for alley cat are taunt and windfury.

wiibomb

has anyone been able to copy/paste decks in mobile HS?

I have been trying to paste a deck I found and I still haven't been able to do it.

I know Woo said we should copy a deck we have first, then copy the deck string from the other place we have it and come back to HS, but I still haven't been able to do it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
has anyone been able to copy/paste decks in mobile HS?

I have been trying to paste a deck I found and I still haven't been able to do it.

I know Woo said we should copy a deck we have first, then copy the deck string from the other place we have it and come back to HS, but I still haven't been able to do it.

Works on iOS. The copy function on hearthpwn is broken for me though.

Grief.exe

Is this new?

TjnQPWf.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
nope, at least I know that has been since I started playing

but, do you do it in any place in you collection? it just takes it? tried to find a videos of someone doing it to check if I'm not missing something, but didn't found anything

It gives you the option to paste the deck list automatically upon hitting the new deck button.

Grief.exe

Oh wow, i didn't realize how close to a legendary I was. I don't really know what I need, Thalnos, Elise, and Lyra are on top of my wish list.

It's not as sexy, but I'll probably end up going Thalnos. I've been seeing Burn/Control Mage decks leaving out Thalnos more frequently though.

Tavern brawl? Nope. It's always like that on mobile.

nope, at least I know that has been since I started playing

Guess I never clicked on Brawl before ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Tagyhag

Ah, I was wondering why they never did a "Charge, dies at the end of your turn" minion. But there's Giant Maggot.

That still seems pretty bad considering the tempo loss but I wonder if Power Overwhelming left them scared.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Idk if people would like it, but they need to do something about random card draws and discovery.

Being able to grab more than 2 of X card breaks the game to a degree.

Kaban

Got my first 12-Win Arena! Only lost to a Rogue.

I had a Paladin Deck:

Z34YlML.png

Was a little worried I had only one small board clear but jesus, the synergy in this deck was insane. Especially with Vinecleaver and all the buffs. Apart from my one loss, I barely struggled against my opponents.

There was one Warlock legacy deck at around game 10 with cards from LoE and GvG, but even got through that. I hope it was worth saving :p

Blizzard

Banned
Could any rank 10 or lower hunter players critique this deck, please?
hunterz0uwy.png

I feel there are very rarely decisions to be made. My theorems:
  1. If you're not close to lethal by turn 8, you are extremely unlikely to win and should surrender.
  2. If your hand gets low or empty and your board gets cleared, you are extremely unlikely to win because of very little card draw / generation. You should surrender.
  3. If one of the first two situations does not apply, you should play on curve as much as possible to use the best possible tempo and power. If this fails because of removal or board clear, you will probably lose anyway. so you should gamble on it.

Because of the curve emphasis, I don't think there are too many decisions besides sometimes holding a weapon charge to threaten your own 3-damage removal or sometimes delaying playing a spell.

Are there any important non-legendary deck changes I could make? I only have 40 dust and I'm stuck at rank 17-18.

Blizzard

Banned
I've seen two priests have 24 HP minions in the last 3-4 games alone. Divine spirit, divine spirit from primordial visions, inner fire. Maybe I'm just unlucky at how many divine spirits are showing up?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I've seen two priests have 24 HP minions in the last 3-4 games alone. Divine spirit, divine spirit from primordial visions, inner fire. Maybe I'm just unlucky at how many divine spirits are showing up?

nah, with shadow visions silence priest basically has four divine spirits in the deck

I feel like when you see priest starting to buff up a minions health, sometimes you have to make a bad trade or two just to drop that minion's health down a bit so you don't get one-shot

Blizzard

Banned
nah, with shadow visions silence priest basically has four divine spirits in the deck

I feel like when you see priest starting to buff up a minions health, sometimes you have to make a bad trade or two just to drop that minion's health down a bit so you don't get one-shot
I haven't been able to do that though. Priests can heal anything you don't instantly kill, and typically can drop a priestess or similar minion to get additional benefits from doing the healing.

My general problem with midrange hunter is that almost everyone I face at rank 17 has huge amounts of removal, and I'm not able to keep my board sufficiently alive.

Bunga

Drafted a fairly insane Mage arena deck which is currently at 4-0. If the stars align at a little, I could easily see it reaching double figures. My highest wins ever is 11 with a Rogue deck (which is bizarre considering I have only 8 ranked wins with Rogue since I started the game lol).

Blizzard

Banned
I see from the tempo storm snapshot that midrange hunter is now tier 3 and falling, if that makes Twinguistics feel any better. It does indeed seem to work very poorly right now, even at above rank 15.

Vanillalite

Idk if people would like it, but they need to do something about random card draws and discovery.

Being able to grab more than 2 of X card breaks the game to a degree.

Hence my previous point. Cards like shadow visions that allow for more than 2 card limit for a card in a deck fundamentally break the game IMO.

Blizz obviously seems fine with it considering the number of discover cards and shit of that ilk.

Grief.exe

I see from the tempo storm snapshot that midrange hunter is now tier 3 and falling, if that makes Twinguistics feel any better. It does indeed seem to work very poorly right now, even at above rank 15.

He could try Secret Mage, it's cheap and fairly easy to play. Yogg could be switched out with Pyroblast. Pyros could be switched out for a tech card, Ooze, Eater, Crawler, Spellbender, or Volcanic, I would lean towards Ooze.

Ants-Secret-Mage.png

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hence my previous point. Cards like shadow visions that allow for more than 2 card limit for a card in a deck fundamentally break the game IMO.

Blizz obviously seems fine with it considering the number of discover cards and shit of that ilk.

What does fundamentally break the game even mean to you if you're applying it to shadow visions. That's nonsensical.

What does fundamentally break the game even mean to you if you're applying it to shadow visions. That's nonsensical.
No it's perfectly clear. There's a 2 card limit for non legendaries and shadow visions is a 3rd and 4th copy. It's intentionally breaking the rules of deck construction but breaking them nonetheless.

If it pulled them instead of creating copies it'd much less powerful.

Shadow Visions is fine because it's a Priest card. Priest spells are good enough for it to be useful but not oppressive. Getting removal or a combo piece usually.

I'd hate it if it were a Mage card though.

Vanillalite

No it's perfectly clear. There's a 2 card limit for non legendaries and shadow visions is a 3rd and 4th copy. It's intentionally breaking the rules of deck construction but breaking them nonetheless.

If it pulled them instead of creating copies it'd much less powerful.

This.

It's not just shadow visions. It's the discovery mechanic in general. By it's very nature you can have more than 2 of the same card.

Like I said Blizz seems fine with it so it's obviously intentional. It breaks the core idea of deck construction of only 2 of the same card can be in any deck though.

wiibomb

since when blizzard has a design idea of absolutely limiting any deck to just the card contained from the beginning??

blizzard has never encouraged a design of only 2 copies per card, there are multiple ways to get different card from almost all classes in the deck, the difference here is that they always require a trade, for example shadow visions need a trade of 2 mana, which can be a very risky move sometimes.

more than 2 copies of any card doesn't break the game at all when they always require a kind of trade. It is unfortunate to have a mage with 4 ice blocks, but that doesn't mean that case happens always, hell, not even a lot, and even then the mana cost of all those card generating cards most of the times will lead to the mage to lose.

also, my point doesn't apply to primordial glyph, because that card basically discovers another card for free, but I also think that should be changed.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
This.

It's not just shadow visions. It's the discovery mechanic in general. By it's very nature you can have more than 2 of the same card.

Like I said Blizz seems fine with it so it's obviously intentional. It breaks the core idea of deck construction of only 2 of the same card can be in any deck though.

Ysera must super break the game in your head since it adds cards to your hand that you can't even add to your deck!

Blizzard

Banned
I can understand the general sentiment, but I think Ice Block specifically is the worst offender in that it "feels" like mage is balanced by only having 2 Ice Blocks per game.

There are a few other especially obnoxious ones as well (4-mana Blizzard, extra Divine Spirit / Inner Fire / shadow word spells for Priest).

Vanillalite

Ysera must super break the game in your head since it adds cards to your hand that you can't even add to your deck!

I mean you can steal cards from someone else's deck, but that doesn't mean you're just easily breaking the 2 card limit.

With the way certain cards have value and are balanced breaking the 2 card limit changes the % values on basically everything.

Obviously Blizz is fine with this since they keep making some form of discovery cards.

Blizzard

Banned
OK, 3 out of 4 games in a row, check this luck:

1. Quest rogue, has almost literally the theoretically best possible draw sequence. 2 bounce cards, 2 southsea deckhands, preparation, completes AND plays quest on turn 4.
2. Normal game.
3. Priest, turn 3 10/10 Northshire Cleric.
4. Druid, innervate + vicious fledgling turn 1.

hunterz0uwy.png

1. If you're not close to lethal by turn 8, you are extremely unlikely to win and should surrender.
  2. If your hand gets low or empty and your board gets cleared, you are extremely unlikely to win because of very little card draw / generation. You should surrender.
  3. If one of the first two situations does not apply, you should play on curve as much as possible to use the best possible tempo and power. If this fails because of removal or board clear, you will probably lose anyway. so you should gamble on it.

Because of the curve emphasis, I don't think there are too many decisions besides sometimes holding a weapon charge to threaten your own 3-damage removal or sometimes delaying playing a spell.

Are there any important non-legendary deck changes I could make? I only have 40 dust and I'm stuck at rank 17-18.

Maybe tech in a Deadly Shot or Hunter's Mark if Priest is giving you trouble. Have you tried Fledgling? If your opponent uses their early removal on your 1/2-drops, you can drop an uncontested Fledgling T3.

I think Priest is just a bad matchup in general. Potion of Madness and Cleric are difficult to deal with.

Tiger is a T5 option if you're having trouble getting a board to stick. Good Houndmaster/Razormaw target. Nesting Roc can be a good counter to token decks.

Yo thanks Blizzard. That does indeed make me feel better.

I've had a three game win streak and now up to the dizzy heights of 19, lol.

TankUP

Playing a cool token shaman list with Tinkmaster. He's one of my favorite legendaries, glad I can use him again. (credit to Zhandaly from the CompHS subreddit for the list)

### In the nest
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 1x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (2) Flametongue Totem
# 2x (2) Jade Claws
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (2) Primalfin Totem
# 1x (3) Feral Spirit
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 1x (3) Tinkmaster Overspark
# 2x (4) Jade Lightning
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (5) Nesting Roc
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Thing from Below
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
#
AAECAaoIBu4B+QO6BPUFkbwClL0CDNMBgQTlB/AHkwn7qgKgtgKHvALRvAKRwQLZwgLrwgIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

hunterz0uwy.png

that's fairly standard, dred isn't needed but i get that he's fun to get some use out of. i like a hunter's mark and tracking though but that's me. for instance firy bat and crab and alley cat are godawful to draw past turn 3 or 4, tracking helps you skip that junk late game. a nestling roc can be good too.

i wouldn't use fledgling in constructed hunter unless you had some crazy dinomancy meme thing going on. i've thought about it but there's just no way it survives unless dump serious resources into it or have taken the game away already anyhow

Ladekabel

Damn, normally I get junk in the brawl packs but if they deliver they deliver. Opened a golden Jaraxxus in today's. I believe that is my third golden legendary in a brawl pack.

Since I already have a regular I think I'll dust him.

What should I craft? Missing these legendaries:

• Cenarius
  • Antonidas
  • Tarim and Burnbrizzle
  • Raza
  • Every Shaman or Hunter legendary
  • King Mosh
  • New Elize, Leeroy, Aya, Harrison

Any recommendations? I enjoy control and midrange the most. Thought about that control shaman but I need a lot of more dust for that.

wiibomb

Damn, normally I get junk in the brawl packs but if they deliver they deliver. Opened a golden Jaraxxus in today's. I believe that is my third golden legendary in a brawl pack.

Since I already have a regular I think I'll dust him.

What should I craft? Missing these legendaries:

• Cenarius
  • Antonidas
  • Tarim and Burnbrizzle
  • Raza
  • Every Shaman or Hunter legendary
  • King Mosh
  • New Elize, Leeroy, Aya, Harrison

Any recommendations? I enjoy control and midrange the most. Thought about that control shaman but I need a lot of more dust for that.

based on what you enjoy, tarim seems like the best shot there, but you must have the murloc package to make it work.

out that one, aya and elise are good options.

Top Bottom