• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Dart

Took a few months break from Hearthstone, just in time for a new expansion! I love it when they announce them close to launch.

So they ended finally nerfing quest rouge huh? lol finally

Is it live yet? or did I miss my chance to disenchant both my rouge quest cards? :(

Blizzard

Banned
Took a few months break from Hearthstone, just in time for a new expansion! I love it when they announce them close to launch.

So they ended finally nerfing quest rouge huh? lol finally

Is it live yet? or did I miss my chance to disenchant both my rouge quest cards? :(
Wouldn't you wait until after the nerf to disenchant? Then you'd get the full value instead of partial value.

wiibomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfwMLOgQWEU

Seems the single player content quite extensive

The only 3 things I took out of this that I didn't know:

• 3 wings, each wing awards a pack when finsihed, Lich King is alone in its wing.
  • Defeating the lich king with all classes will award something (I expect a cardback) and they don't expect everyone to get that reward because the lich king is pretty difficult.
  • Some of the bosses will be collectible cards on the set.

I really really want a dragon legendary on this set. Hopefully Sindragosa is a collectible card.

I want to just disenchant my golden Sherizan for the free Legendary ��������

Sherizan is good, but if you aren't using it it's not like you're losing trading down by dusting a gold legendary.

Yup that's why I asked, when is the nerf coming? at the launch of the next expac?

Pretty sure it's confirmed sometimes early this week.

Hycran

Banned
I've gone from about rank 13/12 straight down to 7 with only one loss today which is really strange as my quest warrior was struggling like all hell yesterday and now is running a train. Haven't had really sick top decks just straight up outplaying fools.

Last game also had a shaman do the full board evolve with dopplegangster and spawn a doomsayer which led to the fastest snap concede i think i've ever seen. That player's name? Dennis.

Dennis indeed.

Edit: Just hit Rank 5 with Warrior and got to 500 wins. Now have druid, hunter and warrior as my golden classes. FeelsGoodMan

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Got bored this month. Decided to try out Wild. Made a random ass mech mage deck + KT. Gone from 25 to 15 and nothing seems to be stopping me at this point.

Nobody is playing this so it's thrown soooo many players for a loop, and KT has been an instant conceed for so many games too. Lol

fertygo

The nerf makes even less sense now with the return of Freeze Mage.
That deck shits all over it while also being great against aggro decks.
Let be real the quest also limiting design space

They need to be careful about printing anti aggro card or can be used for bouncing like Glacial Shard

Freeze Mage already played since Ungoro release, what new is these burn mage with freeze package

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The only 3 things I took out of this that I didn't know:

• 3 wings, each wing awards a pack when finsihed, Lich King is alone in its wing.
  • Defeating the lich king with all classes will award something (I expect a cardback) and they don't expect everyone to get that reward because the lich king is pretty difficult.
  • Some of the bosses will be collectible cards on the set.

I really really want a dragon legendary on this set. Hopefully Sindragosa is a collectible card.

The way they're talking about the singleplayer content, sounds like they expect it to be as difficult as the heroic bosses in the previous adventures. I.E. difficult for new players but not nearly as difficult for people with full collections.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I hate freeze mage for a much as I hate quest rogue in that it takes away a lot of what's happening in match. Blizzard not allowing action on the players turn kills fixing some of this IMO.

Let be real the quest also limiting design space

They need to be careful about printing anti aggro card or can be used for bouncing like Glacial Shard

Freeze Mage already played since Ungoro release, what new is these burn mage with freeze package
If they'd ever been constructed all stars I'd agree but self bounce has been in fringe strategies at best and Quest Rogue would require strict upgrades as there's not much room in the deck for changes.

fertygo

If they'd ever been constructed all stars I'd agree but self bounce has been in fringe strategies at best and Quest Rogue would require strict upgrades as there's not much room in the deck for changes.
And its just need 1-2 card in that flex spot.

If there is always people that finish #1 legend every single month with Quest Rogue as it is.

No one need to answer what happened if QR has definitive spot in that swash, backstab or Tar Creeper slot.

And its just need 1-2 card in that flex spot.

If there is always people that finish #1 legend every single month with Quest Rogue as it is.

No one need to answer what happened if QR has definitive spot in that swash, backstab or Tar Creeper slot.
You're right, it does limit low drop battlecry design space.

Don't understand the #1 argument though.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Anyone knows the price for each wing? I suppose it's gonna be the standard 700 gold?

So I prebought the ice crown expansion or whatever - where's my card back, though? Thought the store page said it would be available immediately.

Next patch, IIRC. Alongside the Quest Rogue change.

Blizzard

Banned
I hate freeze mage for a much as I hate quest rogue in that it takes away a lot of what's happening in match. Blizzard not allowing action on the players turn kills fixing some of this IMO.
Same, having a wasted turn or the mage getting a free quest turn both suck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Can be kinda fun to revisit the old heroic adventure bosses with new cards. Beat Heroic Maexxna with C'Thun Priest.

gutshot

HOEJ

Still remember when this kid came out of nowhere to win the Viagame House Cup. Now he's in the World Championship.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
B4sNOEg.jpg

lol Warlock

Blizzard

Banned
I probably complain about being unlucky too much, but this was hilarious just now.

I played bittertide hydra, and the warlock played spreading madness for 9 damage to random characters. With 5 targets available, it missed the hydra 9 times in a row, failed to kill a single minion, and they immediately surrendered.

wiibomb

I never beat heroic because I heard the reward was just a card back, but maybe I should try some day for practice.

I highly doubt you can have any practice about ranked plays with the adventures, that's more for a fun aspect.

I want to go back and get and do those heroic adventures, but I'm really bad at making strategies for them.

Blizzard

Banned
For the first time ever, I finally got the dream innervate + innervate + bittertide hydra first turn as Druid.

Of course, it didn't matter because of mage 2 mana freeze + free spell(s) + heavy damage, but it briefly gave me hope of winning.

Blizzard

Banned
14/20 of my last ranked opponents around rank 14 have been mage, priest, or paladin.

I guess the only option to be consistent here is bite the bullet and go back to old jade druid? Is there some sort of optimal accepted jade druid deck? I've tried to get Aya via drop but failed and still can't craft her.

wiibomb

I feel so evil playing as dragon priest.

Stealing so much cards from my opponent is so fun. even funnier when I win with those.

a freezing mage clearly deserves it.

Blizzard

Banned
14/20 of my last ranked opponents around rank 14 have been mage, priest, or paladin.

I guess the only option to be consistent here is bite the bullet and go back to old jade druid? Is there some sort of optimal accepted jade druid deck? I've tried to get Aya via drop but failed and still can't craft her.
OK, check this out. Those stats I mentioned? Originally, I looked at my most recent 10 ranked games. 7/10 mage/priest/paladin.

I looked back further for better data. 14/20 mage/priest/paladin, exactly the same ratio. I immediately changed to jade druid, same rank, back to queue. It's not a different time so it should be the same sort of people.

Want to guess what my ratio was for the next 10 ranked games? All in a row, no breaks, only 2/10 games were mage/priest/paladin. The odds of going 7/10, 7/10, and then 2/10 the instant I switch classes seems super weird to me (but obviously possible, as with anything random in the world). Of course I'd need much more data, but I really am starting to suspect your class and/or class stats may have a small effect on matchmaking.

Can blizzard just delete Yogg Saron from the game? Opponent down to 1 card plays yogg gets 3 Mage secrets and drew 7 cards... Didn't even have the decency to kill himself so I had to trade my Medivh in as well.

Counterspell and Mirror Entity meant I had to throw away my glyph and couldn't heal my face with Alex.

scarlet

Can blizzard just delete Yogg Saron from the game? Opponent down to 1 card plays yogg gets 3 Mage secrets and drew 7 cards... Didn't even have the decency to kill himself so I had to trade my Medivh in as well.

Counterspell and Mirror Entity meant I had to throw away my glyph and couldn't heal my face with Alex.

Same I have board control with 2 soggoth, opponent has nothing on board, 2 cards on hand and then I lost to doom from Yogg Saron. Stop playing.

Blizzard

Banned
Poor Kolento, he went back to the Druid for some reason and got Shaman RNG'd again. I guess 2 packs is better than 1.

*edit* Counter-jinxed, Kolento somehow survived it to a very stressful 2-2. One more game to go.

Top Bottom