• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

gutshot

Is it a definite that the Legendary change is coming with the expansion? Maybe they will patch it in this week. That would be nice.

wiibomb

Is it a definite that the Legendary change is coming with the expansion? Maybe they will patch it in this week. That would be nice.

They specifically mention the change would be until next expansion hits.

I will have a huuuuge pack opening when the expansion hits, not only I bought the ungoro promotion, I also have a nice stack of gold for next expansion as well as preordering when it hits the amazon appstore.

Hycran

Banned
I'm forcing myself to save gold, but there's no way I can resist opening packs for a month.

You've got to do it. Don't give in to the little red bubble over the "open packs" button.

I'm up to 7020 gold and i've got 3 packs sitting there. Gotta try and squeeze max value out of them.

Hybris

I'm getting too greedy. Rerolled a 100g quest to go for at least a 120g and ended up with an 80g haha. Not one I can avoid completing either, cast 50 spells...

EmiPrime

This double quest gold event has made me realise that this should be the standard amount of gold for quests on top of pack rewards for logging in on consecutive days. HS is way too stingy in comparison to other TGCs.

That feeling when you want your packs ASAP but then remember that you don't want to open them for over a month.

Feels bad. :(

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't realize Priest could discover Lyra. I guess it makes sense, so now in addition to Paladin with 3 Wickerflames or Tirions, I get to deal with Priest with 2-3 Lyras.

In the same game, their Lyras generated 2 single-target damage spells and a Shadow Word Death.

Tacitus_

i9Dgkuz.jpg

Mini Rag can't aim for shit

I didn't realize Priest could discover Lyra. I guess it makes sense, so now in addition to Paladin with 3 Wickerflames or Tirions, I get to deal with Priest with 2-3 Lyras.

In the same game, their Lyras generated 2 single-target damage spells and a Shadow Word Death.

At least there's no "Discover a card with text on it" so you have to rely on the triclass cards. "Discover a taunt" with a class bonus is stupid when a class has three excellent taunt legendaries.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Mini Rag can't aim for shit

At least there's no "Discover a card with text on it" so you have to rely on the triclass cards. "Discover a taunt" with a class bonus is stupid when a class has three excellent taunt legendaries.

The discover an elemental discovers lyra very often.

I have an 160 Challenge is anyone is intrested...

ThomasMc#21494 (EU Server)

I'll be around for next 15 mins

Post here before you add, as I would like to give the gold to someone in the thread and not a GAF lurker!

Magnus

Decided to splurge while the Un'goro promotion was on and nab one last batch of packs. Nabbed a Golden Kalimos (a legendary I didn't even have yet!) among a few others. Nice!

The next client patch is coming next week (after whenever HCT is done for the nerf) so I would bet it will be in the client then.

Uhhh

They better because I already purchased the coins weeks ago.

I hope so. I really hope so. But I mean, Gadgetzan happened...

--

Oh shit, t he tournament is over? I picked Kolento and it looks like he made it to the final but lost. How many packs do I nab? :)
edit- Oh wow, Kolento or Hoej pickers get 4? Nice.

Q8D3vil

Really hope priest and warlock get good control cards. So fucking sick of shaman and palladin being top tiers for years.
I gave up on priest being a top meta deck since the classic set is trash، but they can still make it a solid tier 2 class.

Blizzard

Banned
Priest is already the single most obnoxious class to play against besides Mage due to card duplication/generation/discovery, so I hope that never happens. It's also already a solid tier 2 at minimum per the last data reaper report I saw.

5/8 of my last opponents have been priest, and jade druid isn't having success. Is my deck poorly constructed, or should I switch to another class to counter all the priests?

jadelmuyx.png

Blizzard

Banned
Example of most recent game vs. priest:

• Lyra gets randomly discovered (per the recent discussion)
  • Lyra gives power word tentacles
  • Glyph gives divine spirit
  • Cleric, boost to 8 HP, power word tentacles, divine spirit, divine spirit, 44+ HP cleric results

I only have one naturalize so this is pretty difficult to stop. Should I run a second naturalize?

You need the second Wild Growth for ramp. The second Wrath for early cycle/removal is valuable too.

I don't see enough weapons to warrant having Ooze. Gluttonous is better for the armour gain.

Tar Creeper is better than Mark of Nature against aggro. Wild Pyro is an option.

Shellshifter is just odd. I don't run Druid of the Claw because it's too slow and Feral Rage is cheaper 4 damage.

Aya is really helpful. I would also stick in Primordial Drake or Ancient of War.

Silence priest is a bad matchup in general. Use Earthern Scales to get out of Shadow Word range.

scarlet

Priest is already the single most obnoxious class to play against besides Mage due to card duplication/generation/discovery, so I hope that never happens. It's also already a solid tier 2 at minimum per the last data reaper report I saw.

5/8 of my last opponents have been priest, and jade druid isn't having success. Is my deck poorly constructed, or should I switch to another class to counter all the priests?

jadelmuyx.png

Replace ooze, shellshifter, druid of the claw, mark of nature with 2 primordial drake, tar creeper, 2nd wrath and aya.

And you need 2nd wild growth.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm rank 15 if it matters what sort of enemies I see.

I don't have Primordial Drake, don't have Aya, and don't have Gluttonous Ooze. *edit* I only have one Ancient of War.

I've spent a ton of time/money/gold on this expansion but all these epics are still super expensive. :(

I don't have Primordial Drake, don't have Aya, and don't have Gluttonous Ooze. *edit* I only have one Ancient of War.

I've spent a ton of time/money/gold on this expansion but all these epics are still super expensive. :(
An aggro deck can do well without all of the cards on an optimal list.

A control deck usually can't. A deck like Jade Druid needs its expensive cards. It's frustrating, but the best deal is to figure out a full deck you can run and stick with it. Get to rank 5 every month and just let your collection fill out.

Blizzard

Banned
Silence priest is a bad matchup in general. Use Earthern Scales to get out of Shadow Word range.
I just saw this note. If silence priest is a bad matchup in general, and I'm seeing 5 out of 8 consecutive priests, I guess I want something that hard counters them. Is there such a thing?

An aggro deck can do well without all of the cards on an optimal list.

A control deck usually can't. A deck like Jade Druid needs its expensive cards. It's frustrating, but the best deal is to figure out a full deck you can run and stick with it. Get to rank 5 every month and just let your collection fill out.
I've never been above rank 8, let alone rank 5. I tried a full Pirate Warrior deck and was told / found that the meta was targeted against Pirate Warrior (regularly running into double crabs, repeated anti-weapon cards, constant freeze mages, etc.).

I had a similar unsuccessful experience with Aggro Druid. I'd love to discover it's just my play or that I don't know the proper mulligans though. It's really hard to know good mulligans since most people just advise deck lists.

scarlet

Dust your golden/extra/terrible cards and Legendaries.

I just saw this note. If silence priest is a bad matchup in general, and I'm seeing 5 out of 8 consecutive priests, I guess I want something that hard counters them. Is there such a thing?

I've never been above rank 8, let alone rank 5. I tried a full Pirate Warrior deck and was told / found that the meta was targeted against Pirate Warrior (regularly running into double crabs, repeated anti-weapon cards, constant freeze mages, etc.).

I had a similar unsuccessful experience with Aggro Druid. I'd love to discover it's just my play or that I don't know the proper mulligans though. It's really hard to know good mulligans since most people just advise deck lists.

I hit rank 5 in Wild with Egg Druid and only lost a few matches. A lot of people hit legendary in Wild with Pirate Warrior. Techs against the deck are less common there because Wild has SO many decks people are using. Give it a try.

JoeNut

Hi Folks, i'm currently looking to scratch my Clash Royale itch after quitting the game recently.

Is now a good time to get into Hearthstone, or have i missed the boat?

Tacitus_

Hi Folks, i'm currently looking to scratch my Clash Royale itch after quitting the game recently.

Is now a good time to get into Hearthstone, or have i missed the boat?

Now's the last day of the Un'goro pack deal so if you're willing to spend some money, now's a good time to get into HS. The next expansion is also coming in a month or so and with it comes a bunch of free stuff and them disabling dupe legendaries from packs.
And there's a double gold promotion going on.

So a better time won't be coming for a while.

Fewr

Like was stated:
Right now we have about 10 days of 2x gold per quest, and if you buy un'goro (latest expansion) packs you get a few extra as bonus.

In early august we get the 2nd of 3 expansions to be released in 2017, and by then they're changing the legendary rules so you don't get duplicates (everyone's stopped opening packs until this goes live).

Also, in a few weeks they'll be revealing new cards and it's fun to rate them and then find out we were completely wrong about them.

Finally the GAF community is very helpful and friendly.

Anyone in EU want to trade friend quests - double gold at the moment so its 160gold.
The people I have atm never challenge me when they get this quest :<.

Top Bottom