• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

wiibomb

do you want to know what true evil is?

no, it isn't patches, or jade idol, or hallucination or finja or The Caverns Below.

The true evil is this culprit:
49638.png

I stole 2 ungoro packs from my opponent, a mind control and the exact shadow word death I needed.

DrkSage

do you want to know what true evil is?

no, it isn't patches, or jade idol, or hallucination or finja or The Caverns Below.

The true evil is this culprit:

I stole 2 ungoro packs from my opponent, a mind control and the exact shadow word death I needed.
That's the kind of rng that makes me lose my mind and smash close my laptop

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I detest murlocs so much

Turn one tidecaller into turn two rockpool feels stronger than tunnel trogg into totem golem. Maybe because it has the possible warleader follow up to just win the game.

Now to decide whether to craft Elise with my sweet sweet dust or just be a lameo and wait for the expansion. I'll still have 3200 dust left over.

Time to dust quest rogue, seems patch is up.

BTW, I actually don't think QR is dead, just not likely to be competitive.

Yup, patch just started downloading for me as well.

4800 dust here I come, got a golden and a normal one just sitting there.

Edit: This is pretty interesting.

Some cards that didn't have Elemental tags now do!

Mana Geode
Crystal
Jade Spirit
Flame of Azzinoth
Djinni of Zephyrs
Hallazeal the Ascended

wiibomb

Just seen the pre-order price for Icecrown. £45!?! Get fucked, Blizzard. I'm using gold for packs.

saw some people on reddit making a thread about that..

I just checked the pound to $ conversion and it seems higher, but not that much, its about $57.

apparently the currency have been taking a hit?

Tacitus_

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE PATCH ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

facing a quest rogue right now T_T

wiibomb

this is interesting:
Flamestrike, Abyssal Enforcer, and Vicious Fledgling will appear in drafts 50% less often.

so, far less mage abusing.

EDIT: omg I just realized that jade spirit elemental means that shaman elemental deck could also include jades now.

Tacitus_

lmao, the patch hit the moment I won that quest rogue game
Not that it would've made much of a difference. With four bouncers and a prep in his hand, he would've still gotten it completed on turn 5.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
this is interesting:

so, far less mage abusing.

EDIT: omg I just realized that jade spirit elemental means that shaman elemental deck could also include jades now.

There were already elemental jades out there but funnily enough i think lots didn't run spirit.

f0lken

Jade spirit would change drastically the elemental deck now I bet even if some variations used it before.

But I think the priest 4/3 shade should've been one too

scarlet

I finished my quest Rogue in turn 3 against hunter, had prep for turn 4. I bmed my opponent, had lethal for turn 6, phone died.

Never again.

Pooya

Jade spirit having elemental tag is quite a buff. You can now more easily fit Kalimos into jade shaman. Also servant of kalimos became even better in shaman. There is potential in some elemental/jade hybrid shaman deck people have been trying since ungoro came out, now you have more activation without playing worse elementals.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
saw some people on reddit making a thread about that..

I just checked the pound to $ conversion and it seems higher, but not that much, its about $57.

apparently the currency have been taking a hit?

Also the UK price has VAT added and the US price is without tax.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Opened a pack with Quest Mage with some gold so Exodia Mage here we go.

Mulgrok

Has anybody managed to make a fun deck with Voraxx? Wild or standard doesn't matter.

I imagine it would be some sort of djinni priest deck or a buffing paladin deck, but i don't have the paladin quest.

all you need for Voraxx is Blessing of Kings and Spikeridged steed

Pooya

first attempt at jade shaman.

### Custom Shaman2
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Jade Claws
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (3) Hex
# 2x (3) Hot Spring Guardian
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Jade Lightning
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 2x (4) Jinyu Waterspeaker
# 1x (5) Hallazeal the Ascended
# 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
# 2x (5) Volcano
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Thing from Below
# 1x (8) Kalimos, Primal Lord
#
AAECAaoIBPkDwq4ClL0C88ICDYEE/gX7qgKgtgLdugKHvALPvALRvAL2vQLHwQKbwgLCwwKHxAIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

basically cut slow ass spirit echo, put kalimos and co in the deck.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
first attempt at jade shaman.

### Custom Shaman2
# Class: Shaman
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Jade Claws
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (3) Hex
# 2x (3) Hot Spring Guardian
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Jade Lightning
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 2x (4) Jinyu Waterspeaker
# 1x (5) Hallazeal the Ascended
# 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
# 2x (5) Volcano
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Thing from Below
# 1x (8) Kalimos, Primal Lord
#
AAECAaoIBPkDwq4ClL0C88ICDYEE/gX7qgKgtgLdugKHvALPvALRvAL2vQLHwQKbwgLCwwKHxAIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

basically cut slow ass spirit echo, put kalimos and co in the deck.

Ilike the look of this. Been trying some weird elemental shamans for my Shaman quests since Un'Goro came out and it hasn't be great. This looks pretty good though. But when are they adding that tag?

Jade Spirit being an elemental is a buff to the deck I was already running, N'Zoth Elemental Jade Rogue. Excited to see how much it affects it, a more reliable Tol'vir Stoneshaper is nice:

### Elejade
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Jade Shuriken
# 2x (2) Jade Swarmer
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) Igneous Elemental
# 2x (3) Mimic Pod
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 1x (4) Sherazin, Corpse Flower
# 2x (4) Tol'vir Stoneshaper
# 1x (4) Xaril, Poisoned Mind
# 2x (5) Shadowcaster
# 2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAECAYO6AgayAu0Fg6wC4KwClL0CgsICDLQBiAfcrwLPvAL5vQL6vQL8wQKBwgKZwgLKwwLexALGxwIA
#

Went ahead and preordered the expansion with some leftover Amazon coins I had. Probably going to stockpile some more if the Prime Day discount is good enough.

Edit: No deal/discount at all apparently. Lame.

Hycran

Banned
I might take this opportunity to dust the caverns below and craft sunkeeper tarim. He just seems a lot better in so many paladin decks. That being said, i've only got 50 or so wins until golden paladin after which I probably wont play it any more, so maybe i'll need the quest for some wins... decisions decisions.

Could be that numbers are stagnating or starting to drop? Not sure how likely that is though.

Only other thing I can think of is that they make so much more money off expansions than adventures that phasing out the latter has allowed them to do more stuff like this.

wiibomb

Could be that numbers are stagnating or starting to drop? Not sure how likely that is though.

Only other thing I can think of is that they make so much more money off expansions than adventures that phasing out the latter has allowed them to do more stuff like this.

Last time ben brode talk about it he said the ungoro meta has seen the most logged in player on the client in all HS history. I don't think they are whithering at all, but I think they have been fearful of other games like Shadowverse or Gwent.

Also, I think these kind of events help them in the long run as they offer more for the people to come back each week.

Hybris

Man, I am absolutely loving the ladder meta right now after the nerf. I play mostly miracle rogue and it's nothing but good matchups. So much jade druid and control shaman like I expected, and this deck just shits on them.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
By moving away from adventures and towards full expansions, the cost of the game went up by like 50% or so. If Blizzard tosses you a handful of extra packs or arena runs every expansion, that's nothing compared to the extra money they're making.

Cat Party

By moving away from adventures and towards full expansions, the cost of the game went up by like 50% or so. If Blizzard tosses you a handful of extra packs or arena runs every expansion, that's nothing compared to the extra money they're making.

You're probably right, but the only real money I ever spent on this game was to get an adventure (BRM).

wiibomb

But you can also say the development and operative cost is higher since they have to develop much more content now. Not trying to defend much blizzard here, but adventures were much less content overall. They are even including a mini adventure mode here from now on.

Top Bottom