• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Priest is already the single most obnoxious class to play against besides Mage due to card duplication/generation/discovery, so I hope that never happens. It's also already a solid tier 2 at minimum per the last data reaper report I saw.

5/8 of my last opponents have been priest, and jade druid isn't having success. Is my deck poorly constructed, or should I switch to another class to counter all the priests?

jadelmuyx.png

aya is essential, you def need that. and second wild growth (you can float the 2 mana for a free spin on auctioneer late game which is huge). but i use wild pyro/acolyte of pain, otherwise i have no idea how you handle early game aggro. wrath is too good not to double.

Brofist

Priest is already the single most obnoxious class to play against besides Mage due to card duplication/generation/discovery, so I hope that never happens. It's also already a solid tier 2 at minimum per the last data reaper report I saw.

5/8 of my last opponents have been priest, and jade druid isn't having success. Is my deck poorly constructed, or should I switch to another class to counter all the priests?

jadelmuyx.png

Stonehill Defenders are a personal favorite of mine in Jade Druid. They slow aggro, and almost guarantee 2 more Jade Behemoths.

You really need the second Wrath.

wiibomb

jadelmuyx.png

Druid of the Claw is one choice that really doesn't make much sense in a jade deck, it's expensive to even get you saved on time for aggro, I think stonehill defender would be much better.

shellshifter can be well changed for another option, like the second wild growth or stonehill defender.

Naturalize is a bad card for you, card advantage on the opponent work bad in your slow deck, you don't want many answers to your things, I would suggest a second wrath in that case.

Mark of nature usually don't work good enough, may be you can work out a tech option there, like golakka if aggro kills you, or may be a eater of secrets if mage is getting you to despair. the tech option is optional.

also, I think many others mentioned, but you need aya, even more than fandral, aya carries that deck.

5K7Q0a8.png

Any advice for my Dragon Priest list ? I'm considering adding some anti aggro cards. Maybe cut faerie and add a doomsayer or something ?

defender of argus and fairy dragon are weird inclusions in the deck, I might understand defender of argus, may be, but fairy dragon are very weak right now and the dragon tag is not worth, I'm using 1 holy nova on a very similar list to that one, as a well as kabal talonpriests because of the sweet sweet value.

I also have been adding some crystalline oracles to make even more value, but that's just me and my greedy ideas, usually because of the nature of this deck, I end up gong to late game with it.

Mark of nature usually don't work good enough, may be you can work out a tech option there, like golakka if aggro kills you, or may be a eater of secrets if mage is getting you to despair. the tech option is optional.

i actually use mark of the wild for jade druid, for a few reasons

- i run wild pyromancer and acolyte of pain, it's great on either one
- MOTW is cheaper (yes just 1 mana, but 1 mana is huge for auctioneer, difference between drawing 2 cards and just drawing 1, and for the early game which is where jade druid sucks mooseballs)
- late game slamming it on a 10+ jade is great (MON is same here i suppose)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
http://www.hearthpwn.com/tools/2977-create-your-own-hunter-zombeast

Hearthpwn has a simulator for the Deathstalker Rexxar hero power. My first try I got Vicious Fledgling + Stonetusk boar, so a 4/4 for 4 with Charge and Adapt. o_O

I really like the idea of this hero power but i think it might be a bit slow.
  • 6 mana to change the hero power
  • 2 mana to play the hero power
  • 5 mana (Average from several zombeast's i've made with the simulator)

Hopefully im wrong, a control hunter would be cool to see.

TankUP

The 6 mana gives you AOE and a heal, too, which is good since you're correct that it is slow.

2nd Golden Hero unlocked with Shaman, didn't realize I was this close.

Congrats! Golden totems are sick.

FeD.nL

Hopefully the tutor (if any) is decent.

It does fit nicely in a midrange hunter though, running out of steam is the biggest problem and getting a hero power that 'draws' you (mostly) powerful minions later in the game for 2 mana is pretty good.

Well, in theory the 6-mana is tempo-positive when you use it and leads to a clear or beneficial board, so I don't think that's a big deal.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
http://www.hearthpwn.com/tools/2977-create-your-own-hunter-zombeast

Hearthpwn has a simulator for the Deathstalker Rexxar hero power. My first try I got Vicious Fledgling + Stonetusk boar, so a 4/4 for 4 with Charge and Adapt. o_O

Most of the minions I ended up building were slow on top of the general slowness of the card itself.

But you do create infinite threats with this. This might go into a super greedy mid-range Hunter deck in a control meta...? Yeesh.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
6 mana 2dmg aoe isn't that tempo positive.

You also get 5 armor and a cool hero portrait. ;)
Still im not 100% sold on being tempo positive, but what it's true is that Hunter doesnt have such an AOE so it could end up being a card that enables a new type of Hunter deck.

Anyway: HYPE!

So do all hero cards cost 6 with 5 armor?
IIRC all the new hero cards give you 5 armor, not sure about the cost.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the advice everyone.

I already removed Druid of the Claw, but I am second guessing myself. The reason is that it's a 4/4 or 4/6, and priest is the bane of my existence right now (5/8 in a row like I mentioned) at rank 15. I think I actually added it a few seasons ago specifically because someone suggested it against dragon priest.

Similarly, Naturalize was just a desperate attempt to not strictly net-deck and maybe have some hard answer to the 10-40 HP taunt minions I keep running into. Is the proper answer to just surrender / try to build jade when that happens and hope it averages out over many games? (this ties back into the "games taking forever and it's hard to rank up" issue, if I have a low winrate)

wiibomb

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I already removed Druid of the Claw, but I am second guessing myself. The reason is that it's a 4/4 or 4/6, and priest is the bane of my existence right now (5/8 in a row like I mentioned) at rank 15. I think I actually added it a few seasons ago specifically because someone suggested it against dragon priest.

Similarly, Naturalize was just a desperate attempt to not strictly net-deck and maybe have some hard answer to the 10-40 HP taunt minions I keep running into. Is the proper answer to just surrender / try to build jade when that happens and hope it averages out over many games? (this ties back into the "games taking forever and it's hard to rank up" issue, if I have a low winrate)

stonehill defender could actually work out better for you in that case.

Develop a 1/4 with taunt on turn 3 with a good chance to discover a druid of the claw for an eventual turn 5, that way you have both turns covered and in the case it isn't a priest, you can chose another option, like jade behemoth.

Stonehill defenders is such a good card.

Blizzard

Banned

Develop a 1/4 with taunt on turn 3 with a good chance to discover a druid of the claw for an eventual turn 5, that way you have both turns covered and in the case it isn't a priest, you can chose another option, like jade behemoth.

I hate stonehill defender. I suppose it's time to JOIN THE DARKNESS.

defender of argus and fairy dragon are weird inclusions in the deck, I might understand defender of argus, may be, but fairy dragon are very weak right now and the dragon tag is not worth, I'm using 1 holy nova on a very similar list to that one, as a well as kabal talonpriests because of the sweet sweet value.

I also have been adding some crystalline oracles to make even more value, but that's just me and my greedy ideas, usually because of the nature of this deck, I end up gong to late game with it.

Thanks it was mainly for the dragon activators, i think i'll swap it out for a talon priest ?

sibarraz

Banned

I'm sure that Druid of the Claw doesn't appear with stonehill defender since technically, he isn't a taunt minion

wiibomb

Thanks it was mainly for the dragon activators, i think i'll swap it out for a talon priest ?

yeah, with dragon priest there is that risk, however I think that card is still too weak for the deck, and you already have 4 2 mana minions there.

Still, remember this is all your decision, I believe that, but that doesn't mean you cannot continue with that card in your deck, its all about how you want the deck to be.

I'm sure that Druid of the Claw doesn't appear with stonehill defender since technically, he isn't a taunt minion

I am out of my mind, sorry, yeah that's true, druid of the claw isn't a taunt minion.

Sorry, Blizzard, you might need another option in that case.

Blizzard

Banned
Ack, good point.

Since my current goal is countering the priest horde, it sounds like Druid of the Claw may actually return, and I'll skip Stonehill Defender. Discovering another jade taunt sounds nice, but is it worth the risk of stonehill defender getting mind controlled anyway?

I already have the tar elemental taunt, I believe.

Grief.exe

I keep saying, Priest going to be the deck after Quest Rogue nerf.

I don't really want to pull the trigger on crafting Lyra this close to the expansion, but I really want that deck anyways.

wiibomb

Ack, good point.

Since my current goal is countering the priest horde, it sounds like Druid of the Claw may actually return, and I'll skip Stonehill Defender. Discovering another jade taunt sounds nice, but is it worth the risk of stonehill defender getting mind controlled anyway?

I already have the tar elemental taunt, I believe.

if you opponent loses the mind control ability on a stonehill defender, that's just a bad player in most cases. Killing it with potion of madness is difficult enough since you can easily play around that with stonehill being 4 health, and even if that happened, you already have a card in hand from the effect of the card.which could be perfectly a second rate bruiser.

Hybris

I'm saying you try to find a moment where it is. You play it like you try to play Primordial Drake.

I mean you can kinda just throw down drake pretty much any time. The aoe clears up small things and the gigantic taunt with decent attack cleans up the rest. Even if the aoe doesn't do much, you are still setting up favorable trades in 95% of situations. That's not the case for the hero card, and I'm not sure hanging onto that card is doing you any favors. Seems best to play it asap to get the value train rolling.

I mean you can kinda just throw down drake pretty much any time. The aoe clears up small things and the gigantic taunt with decent attack cleans up the rest. Even if the aoe doesn't do much, you are still setting up favorable trades in 95% of situations. That's not the case for the hero card, and I'm not sure hanging onto that card is doing you any favors. Seems best to play it asap to get the value train rolling.
Hunters can't play like that, lol. They ALWAYS have to play for tempo because they have no comeback capacity.

Dahbomb

Hunters can't play like that, lol. They ALWAYS have to play for tempo because they have no comeback capacity.
You don't want to be playing that card in a tempo deck anyway. That card loses you tempo for value over time. Hunter has plenty of those type of cards already like Dinomancy, Stampede, Infest and the long rotated out stuff like Lock n Load, Ball of Spiders, Explorer's Hat, Feign Death etc. Not to mention that Hunter used to get a 2 damage board clear in Power Shot for 3 mana and that still didn't see play or a continuous 1 damage clear in Dreadscale.

So what I am trying to say is that Hunter is going to need a lot more help to make a card like that playable for them.

Hybris

Agreed, I'm just trying to think of some scenario where hunter gets enough tools to actually make this card playable. If that happens, I think playing this asap will be important instead of holding onto it to get good value out of the aoe.

I liked some of the zombeasts you can make. Dispatch kodo can be quite insane, like 7 damage battlecry with stranglethorn tiger, on top of a 7 attack stealth with high health.

There are 3 stealth options, 1 charge option. So several ways to make threats.

I think it'll be a midrange card. I think people overreacted when they thought of control hunter. Hunter doesn't have heals to make a control deck. And just neutral taunts. This card will let midrange sometimes play the control role better than before on occasion.

I keep saying, Priest going to be the deck after Quest Rogue nerf.

I don't really want to pull the trigger on crafting Lyra this close to the expansion, but I really want that deck anyways.

Eh, maybe dragon priest a little bit. They still suffer to miracle rogue and jade druid.

wiibomb

I think what most hurts the hunter hero card is its cost. 6 Mana is too late to make it with the hero power on same turn.

this might have needed to be like 4 mana, besides, most of the new bests created are high mana cost and the few created with low mana, although powerful, they need that 2 mana hero power wasted to create it.

I see so much potential in that card, but screwed by things like that, and being hunter.

Dahbomb

Dispatch Kodo and Rat Pack are the cards you would want from the Discover most of the time.

Sometimes you can get Golakka Crawler and Hungry Crab as well for the clutch counter tech.

Most of the time the card you get is going to be above average. Not in terms of math and stats.. but because it's a dual discover and you mold the beast to the situation at hand. Since it's twice discover, there is more fine tuning to the situation hence why the card you get will be better than getting a random beast card (well a lot better than that of course but probably even better than just drawing from your deck).

Man they used up such a crazy mechanic on a single card. They could've launched a whole expansion with fusion mechanics.

Combine Jaraxxus and Malganis into one card.... 12/24 Hero that summons Infernals, gives all demons +3/+3 and is immune on your turn.

bueno.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Overusing the mechanic could lead to crazy power creep.

They can still do a brawl using it some time -- let people combine 2 cards maybe?

Pooya

Other thing with hero cards, do they have charge? If you attack with your weapon and play Jaraxxus, you can attack again. Say if you get to swing with your weapon twice in the turn you play the hero card that's a pretty big difference. Probably doesn't work.

edit: I log in, Rag says "Rejoice!'. Ok. brawl is over I guess...

Dahbomb

They should let mana go up to 20 for the Brawl and allow you to fuse any two cards in your hand for 2 mana (and the card's overall cost is lowered by 2 to make up for it).

Best Brawl ever. Probably would lead to some broken shit where you combine Dreadsteed with a bigger minion but who cares it's Brawl.

manhack

Dammit. I always feel like I'm playing bizarro meta game. Like the other day I played tons of warlock and today it is just Priest city. I queue up my Rogue and here come the pirate warriors and then an elemental mage with the most insane draws.

Stop switching decks you say? I played rogue for 40 games the other day and it was only aggro the entire time...

/salt

Blizzard

Banned
Dammit. I always feel like I'm playing bizarro meta game. Like the other day I played tons of warlock and today it is just Priest city. I queue up my Rogue and here come the pirate warriors and then an elemental mage with the most insane draws.

Stop switching decks you say? I played rogue for 40 games the other day and it was only aggro the entire time...

/salt
I posted the same thing recently. I faced 7/10 players in a row who were mage/priest/paladin (midrange-control). I checked further back in my match history. Exactly another 7/10 players in a row who were mage/priest/paladin.

Without taking ANY breaks, so the players should be the same and the rank should be the same, I instantly switched to jade druid and requeued. I then got 2/10 mage/priest/paladin players, and instead got rushed down by aggro decks etc.

5K7Q0a8.png

Any advice for my Dragon Priest list ? I'm considering adding some anti aggro cards. Maybe cut faerie and add a doomsayer or something ?

I usually like a second Potion of Madness. It works well against tokens and small Jades.

I would cut the Faerie Dragon since you already have enough dragons.

I think Radiant Elementals don't work that well in this deck. It's not a Divine Spirit/Inner Fire deck and you should be spending your mana on putting down threats.

Argus is also an odd choice. Talonpriest and Glimmerroot are better, IMO.

I think Book Wrym is too slow and you already have plenty of removal.

I play Dragon Priest as more of a control deck; my late game win is Medivh and Free From Amber.

One more suggestion: Elise instead of Lyra.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Has anybody managed to make a fun deck with Voraxx? Wild or standard doesn't matter.

I imagine it would be some sort of djinni priest deck or a buffing paladin deck, but i don't have the paladin quest.

Top Bottom